*** EV Tour - Hartford Fanviews Here 06/18/11 ***

Comments

• Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    LONG NIGHTS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    great set... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Wow, really a great set!!! Long Nights!!!! :o
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,407
    LONG NIGHTS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly...

...followed by "Goodbye, Big Man. Thanks for being part of 3 of the most amazing shows I've ever been to." So it goes. :cry:
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Holy chit, f##king wow !
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Great set. Look forward to reading some reviews of the show. Really sad to hear about Clarence Clemons, that's sad.......The Big Man, Rest in Peace.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • FatalFatal Posts: 821
    I've seen Ed a few times and last night might just have been the best i've seen him.

Long Nights was incredibly special...when he brought out Glen and said it was one he'd never done before i knew it had to be Long Nights...don't know if you saw the requests Ed or it was just pure chance, but either way THANK YOU :-)

Better Man and the Clemons "news" was very sad, and i noticed a significant shift in tone from then on out. Ed seemed alot more loose and talky early on, after getting that tragic news he seemed incredibly focused and intense...there was clearly a new purpose to that show after he got the news.

Dream a Little Dream was also a very nice surprise to end the show...definitely wasn't expecting a song after Hard Sun.

It should be noted that Glen is terrific...if you can get there early and take in his set....well worth it :-)
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    Congrats to you Jason :D:D:D:D
    HOLY SHIT! We couldn't have dreamed up a better day. From meeting new friends at the pre-party to the epic show to meeting people waiting for Ed AND MEETING ED FOR THE FIRST TIME TOO! The Betterman rendition was awesome. Lukin into Porch was amazing. The crowd was absolutely on fire. One of the best shows we've been to. This one will be hard to top. Here we come, PJ20! Wish we had more seats for the solo tour. Back to FL tomorrow. Hungover and high off the Ed meet-and-greet. Thanks to everyone we met and we hope to see you at Alpine Valley. :D
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    Wow Wow Wow! What a great show! Ed just blew me away last night. There were points where I didn't even want to sing along, I just sat back and listened to him, Immortality was one of those moments- took my breath away. Oh and Long Nights, excuse me, but fucking beautiful!!!!
    And of course there were some shenanigans. I was in the upper balcony and there was a lot of muck happening up there, guys yelling crap while Ed was trying to talk, then guys fighting with each other. It got so bad at one point, I think it may have been during Sometimes (can't remember), Ed actually said 'lets try that again', and replayed the line in the song he had been playing.

Great show, wish I had tix to the Beacon- those are gonna be great!
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    And of course there were some shenanigans. I was in the upper balcony and there was a lot of muck happening up there, guys yelling crap while Ed was trying to talk, then guys fighting with each other

Yeah my wife and I were up there too, most of the problems had to do with the "you need to stand up during every song" crew getting a little too pushy. But otherwise it was a great night, very happy to make the 2 hour trip from Jersey
    Jwmcc wrote:
    And of course there were some shenanigans. I was in the upper balcony and there was a lot of muck happening up there, guys yelling crap while Ed was trying to talk, then guys fighting with each other

Yeah my wife and I were up there too, most of the problems had to do with the "you need to stand up during every song" crew getting a little too pushy. But otherwise it was a great night, very happy to make the 2 hour trip from Jersey

Right! Forgot about those guys. I agree, great night, and worth the drive!
  • mulefan77mulefan77 Posts: 3
    Will there be a bootleg release of any of the EV shows?
  • 25min2go25min2go Posts: 13
    Having gone to both Providence (Forever young and Throw your arms around me!!!) and Hartford, I think both had their special moments. Most of the Hartford highlights have been listed by others so I won't go into them. I must say that RI crowd was a much better crowd. There were no fights, no arguing, people were respectful when Ed was talking. Not so in Hartford. People were yelling song names, screaming for people to sit down etc. while Ed was trying to talk. Many instances of arguing on the lower level as well. I was disappointed in some of the fans (although most were great as PJ fans usually are). Ironically, when Ed was talking about Clarence and dedicating Betterman to him, people were yelling out and screaming song names etc. Even when he had obviously received bad news from his roadie and had his head in his hands...people were yelling at him. Totally disrespectful. It seemed to settle down at the end but seriously, you don't have to stand for every song and Eddie even alluded to the fact that people should sit and he'd let us know when to stand (playing fast songs).

All in all a great show. RIP Clarence.
    Boston MA 04, Ed Sullivan Theater NY 06, Hartford CT 06, *Hartford CT 08, Philly PA 2009, Hartford CT 10, Boston MA 10, Worcester MA 13, Hartford CT 13, St Paul 14, Quebec City CN 16, Boston MA (5 and 7) 2016

EV: Santa Cruz CA April 08, Montreal August 08,Balt MD 08, Providence RI 11, Hartford CT 11
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    My last Ed show on this tour, and what a show!! After Boston I was psyched to see Sometimes, Long Nights and The End. Plus the revamped Betterman was great.

Aside from some knuckleheads who don't know how to act during a mellow acoustic show, the crowd was pretty cool. Did anyone in the balcony see the "almost fight" between the guy in the balcony front row and the dude a few rows back who was yelling at him to sit down and flexing his muscles? I understand that it can be annoying when people stand and get in your way visually, but all you need to do is ask them to sit. Instead this guy had to get all up in his face and threaten to kick his ass. However, in comes random aisle-sitting girl who promptly yelled to him "HEY, DUDE, PUT YOUR DI*K AWAY!!". Best. Line. Ever. An usher came down and mellowed everyone out and it was all good.

Also kinda funny: the 2 people sitting next to me had never been to a PJ or Ed show before and told me they paid $200 per ticket on StubHub. We talked for a bit and I was telling them tour stories, and they really seemed to be looking forward to the show. However, at one point they missed about 5-6 songs of the main set (getting beer? bathroom? who knows?), and then missed essentially the whole encore. Ummm, if you dropped $400 on tickets, wouldn't you kind of want to stay for the whole show?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • 25min2go25min2go Posts: 13
    Also kinda funny: the 2 people sitting next to me had never been to a PJ or Ed show before and told me they paid $200 per ticket on StubHub. We talked for a bit and I was telling them tour stories, and they really seemed to be looking forward to the show. However, at one point they missed about 5-6 songs of the main set (getting beer? bathroom? who knows?), and then missed essentially the whole encore. Ummm, if you dropped $400 on tickets, wouldn't you kind of want to stay for the whole show?[/quote]

I noticed that too, a lot of people got up a bunch of times and left...I can never understand that...my back teeth are floating by the end of the show but I ain't takin a piss break!
    Boston MA 04, Ed Sullivan Theater NY 06, Hartford CT 06, *Hartford CT 08, Philly PA 2009, Hartford CT 10, Boston MA 10, Worcester MA 13, Hartford CT 13, St Paul 14, Quebec City CN 16, Boston MA (5 and 7) 2016

EV: Santa Cruz CA April 08, Montreal August 08,Balt MD 08, Providence RI 11, Hartford CT 11
  • I did not leave my seat the entire show. The biggest surprise I had was Glen Hansard. What a great performer and a very good storyteller, too. The only other time I have been that impressed by a warm up act was in 1975, and that,too was an Irishman - Rory Gallagher. Someone hit the nail on the head earlier when they wrote that Ed was loose and joking around until he got the news about Clarence Clemons and from then on in, he was very intense.
    I was in the mezzanine and the people around me were great. I think it was mostly club members. I had a couple of guys next to me from Rhode Island who had seen both previous shows of the tour, and are going to PJ20 and they were a pleasure to sit next to. The people in front of us rarely stood up. All and all, the crowd was too boisterous for an acoustic show. Save that stuff for electric rock shows, or better yet, stay home if you want to scream and fight all night.
    I can't go to PJ20 for health reasons, but I am not disappointed now after seeing Eddie last night.
    BinFrog wrote:
    My last Ed show on this tour, and what a show!! After Boston I was psyched to see Sometimes, Long Nights and The End. Plus the revamped Betterman was great.

Aside from some knuckleheads who don't know how to act during a mellow acoustic show, the crowd was pretty cool. Did anyone in the balcony see the "almost fight" between the guy in the balcony front row and the dude a few rows back who was yelling at him to sit down and flexing his muscles? I understand that it can be annoying when people stand and get in your way visually, but all you need to do is ask them to sit. Instead this guy had to get all up in his face and threaten to kick his ass. However, in comes random aisle-sitting girl who promptly yelled to him "HEY, DUDE, PUT YOUR DI*K AWAY!!". Best. Line. Ever. An usher came down and mellowed everyone out and it was all good.

Also kinda funny: the 2 people sitting next to me had never been to a PJ or Ed show before and told me they paid $200 per ticket on StubHub. We talked for a bit and I was telling them tour stories, and they really seemed to be looking forward to the show. However, at one point they missed about 5-6 songs of the main set (getting beer? bathroom? who knows?), and then missed essentially the whole encore. Ummm, if you dropped $400 on tickets, wouldn't you kind of want to stay for the whole show?

Is that what she said?!! Classic!! We were a few rows behind and to the left of that scene, and watched it go
    down, but I couldn't tell what the girl said. That's a great line!! :lol:
  • Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    really great show. Loved Glen's set and Eddie's musings as usual...the weed rant was hilarious. Sad about Clarence...didnt figure it out til after the show but there was def a moment where ED received bad news before Betterman. Loved Long Nights (didnt realize it was a first), Trouble, I Am Mine, and Small Town really stand out for me. Seen him once each tour and i can never say any show is better than any other...its always great to see EV solo and hopefully there will be more tours to come

Poster is outstanding...filled the room w/that TT smell (will have extra if board member doesnt want it). Wanted a zippo but $35 (even alot for tee/poster) is redic so i passed

Was in Mezz E and everyone was great...Lots of good looking ppl throughout. No fights, a few song shout-outs and Boston Bruins chants (from ppl not getting laid), and a family in front of us who brought their daughter to her first show. Ed started about 8:50 and played til about 10:50. Surprised he played the most songs and went on later than usual.

including this link in my posts for safe keeping: http://pearljamlastkiss.blogspot.com/20 ... l?spref=fb
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    BinFrog wrote:

I was the guy in the 1st row of the Balcony, sadly I will admit. I stood up during unthought known for literally a minute when the biggest douchebag asshole came down to me and didn't ask ms to sit but threatened me with violence.
  • TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    Excellent show, but annoying and obnoxious crowd. I was (in Orch F) surrounded by screamers, constant yappers, clumsy drunks, people who never stopped staring at their phones, etc. It's easier to look the other way at this shit for an arena show, but for a quiet acoustic one it was all totally inappropriate. Obviously there were plenty of great and respectful fans too, but it was impossible to ignore those who didn't get the memo. Favorite song of the night was "Immortality", to me.
    Looking forward to the NYC shows!
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Well, it's pretty much already been said. Great show. Much more energy than Boston. Sometimes too much energy. Ed had to tell the crowd to sit down because when he sees people standing it feels to him like the end of the show and he didn't want it to end just yet.

Sad news about Clarence. Ed was visually upset like he just got punched in the stomach. But he carried the show well after that. Long Nights was a surprise and hope he plays it more often.

Great show and hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Mawky1103Mawky1103 Posts: 309
    Amazing, Amazing, Amazing! My girlfriend and I showed up to the show pretty early just waiting around for doors to open. We randomly ran into Ed's security guard and he asked if we were a couple. We said yes of course, and then he asked if we wanted to exchange our seats for 2 front row seats! I think I said thank you 15 times to him, my heart was just pounding. We're both 22, but we've both been to 5 PJ shows and this was our 3rd EV solo show. This was by far the most amazing experience I've ever had at a show. Just a truly moving experience. Some tears during Immorality. Great set list. Every song was spot on. Glen Hansard was incredible. Amazing show, and an amazing night we will always remember for the rest of our lives. Thank you ED!!! :D
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    edited June 2011
    Thanks 10c for the seats, we were 2nd row pit on the right end. Best seats in a long time!

Met some cool 10 clubbers @ the show & @ McKinnons after. Jason from Barre, pm me. If you go to Montreal we should meet for a beer. Bob from Burlington, next round is on me.

Ps bummer about Clarence. Saw Bruce with the E St. Band @ Fenway ten years ago, CC was great and will be missed.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    Mawky1103 wrote:
    Amazing, Amazing, Amazing! My girlfriend and I showed up to the show pretty early just waiting around for doors to open. We randomly ran into Ed's security guard and he asked if we were a couple. We said yes of course, and then he asked if we wanted to exchange our seats for 2 front row seats! I think I said thank you 15 times to him, my heart was just pounding. We're both 22, but we've both been to 5 PJ shows and this was our 3rd EV solo show. This was by far the most amazing experience I've ever had at a show. Just a truly moving experience. Some tears during Immorality. Great set list. Every song was spot on. Glen Hansard was incredible. Amazing show, and an amazing night we will always remember for the rest of our lives. Thank you ED!!! :D

Wow, awesome!!!!
  • cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    Loved the show! The past 4 days have been amazing! I've met so many awesome people, spent wayyyy too much money,and put many miles on my car. Thanks to those who helped/hooked me up with tickets. For me Hartford was better than Boston and as good or better, depending on a variety of factors, than Providence. I got to take pics of Eddie when the bus pulled up. I waited for 2 hours in the sun and got a sunburn to commemorate my victory. I will apologize AGAIN for meeting Newch on the way to the Black Bear and taking the wind out of his sails. Sorry dude. Thanks for all your hard work in petitioning Eddie to come to the venue, it is truly beautiful, Faberge egg or not. :lol:

I sat next to a couple from Mass who got tickets on Stub Hub for $275. All she wanted to hear was Just Breathe and Small Town, (to which she didn't know the name and started singing drunkenly to the point all I could do was laugh and the people behind me shushed me) I thought of course you do, groaned inwardly and rolled my eyes. They need to retire that song for 10 years, literally put it in a time capsule with the date 2021 and bury it in the ground or the back of one of Jeff's closets with the over sized hats. However when he played the opening chords I turned to her and said I think you got your wish.

I really liked when Eddie asked the crowd to sing Sleepless Nights even though I thought me and the girl in front of me were the only two singing in our section. I was up in the Mezz. I felt so bad for Eddie when George Webb? came out before he sang Better Man and although visibly shaken he handled it beautifully. Lukin into Porch was more than worth the price of admission. I had a feeling he could have kept going for another 3-4 songs. The crowd was just that into it, I know I was.

On to another year!!
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I started that thread almost a year ago just to see how many people would have wanted to see Eddie come to Connecticut. When I saw the tour announcement back in March, I couldn't believe there was a Connecticut date (Thank you Ten Club mods, if you were the one's that told him about the thread). After not being able to get tickets during the sales, Binaural Jam gave me his pair. Thank you BJ.

Yesterday was probably one of the best days/nights I've ever had. I went with tcaporale and as we drove past the Bushnell Theater a little after 3:30, we saw people waiting outside where Eddie's bus was and realized he was probably coming out soon. We looked for a parking spot but ended up parking at the Bushnell Park. As we started walking up towards the Bushnell, cbrunelle came up to me and told me she just met Eddie about 5 minutes. We ran up, hoping he would still be there. We waited about a half hour to 45 minutes and realized he probably wasn't coming back out. We got the car and parked at a parking lot near the Bushnell.

We decided we would go to Black Bear for 10C pre-party. We got lost going there and I had to find the Civic Center to know the way. We got there and this stranger comes up to me, asking if I was Chris. It was Fenway. Then this woman comes up to me, it was unlost. I met the rest of the people from the EVCT thread (youngster, twisted, and Katyz).

After the party, we went to the Bushnell, bought a couple things of merch and headed up all the way to Balcony. Glen Hansard came on and I really enjoyed his set. He finished and then we waited around 40 minutes for the legend to come on.

As soon as the curtains came up, people started taking pictures and the ushers came out in full force, shouting "NO PICTURES!!" When Eddie started, I thought he was playing the full album in order, until he played "Light Today". At one point after playing one of the Uke songs, Eddie went on for, I think, five minutes, talking about weed and the types there are and how there should be a rating system on them. "Hydroponic Afghani AK47 type...PG13, does that mean kids smoke it with their parents?...they should have some rated XX...One of the times I smoked it, thinking I didn't smoke that much, I looked at an art book and started going places, while I was sitting down..." and some other stuff he said about weed. He talked about the Bushnell opening in 1937(?) and said "More Than You Know" came out the same year, so he thought he would play it to coincide with the years.

Then came out the guitars. He said there was a request for "Trouble" and he said he would send out love. "Sometimes" was good to hear. I think before "Just Breathe", he was talking about having friends with cool names and mentioned The Boss and Tom Tomorrow. After a really good version of "I Am Mine" (which I was excited to hear), he talked about Clarence Clemons, mentioning the performance of "Better Man" he did with the E Street Band and that's when one of Eddie's backstage people came out and whispered something in his ear (which must have been about Clarence) and Eddie put his head to his hands and did an amazing version of "Better Man", adding lyrics about Clarence and like people have said before, sang "I loved him" instead of "She loved him". Beautiful. Ed's emotion carried on for the rest of the show.

Then he talked about having never played "Long Nights" before and it would be the first time he would play it and brought out Glen Hansard to play bass. He didn't mess up at all and it was great to be the first city that he broke that song out. Congrats Fatal on getting "Long Nights". Then he played a few more from Into the Wild and then did a phenomenal version of "Immortality", which blew me away. "Unthought Known" was amazing. After "The End", the lights went off on the stage and "Arc" came on, which had a lot more emotion because of Clarence and we applauded him and he was blown away from out applause.

The first encore starts with "Wishlist" and he changed the lyric to "with 17 billion hands up raised..." and the lights went up on the crowd and everyone in the theater had their hands raised. It was a beautiful sight. I think the crowd tore the roof off the Bushnell with EWBTCIAST, singing every line of the song, with the lights going on again on the audience with "I just want to scream HELLO!"

Eddie brought out Glen again for "Sleepless Nights" and said he wanted the help of the room for that one. Before they played that, Eddie said he heard Glen tell the story of how they met after a tragedy at one of Glen's shows and Eddie said something like, "I don't think it was tea, maybe more like beertea". They played "Society" and it was cool to see Eddie do a guitar solo. He said he'd play one more slow one and played "Speed of Sound" and then after said, "One more slow one" and then ripped "Lukin", with the crowd singing a long to the chorus. Then I finally got the hear the acoustic version of "Porch" and the crowd also got to sing a long to that also. He left the stage again.

Before the second encore started, the crowd was chanting "EDDIE VEDDER". He comes out for the second encore with the smoke and Glen is on stage to play acoustic guitar on "Hard Sun". Terrific version of that song and after the song was over, everyone thought it was the last song. WRONG! One of the backstage guys came out to hand Eddie a Uke and he ended the night with "Dream a Little Dream".

The crowd at times were annoying like some people have said, but that didn't take anything away from the show for me. One thing I hated was people constantly getting up in the Balcony and going out for a beer or to go the bathroom. There were the one's who would shout out songs, like one guy in front of me shouting "Tremor Christ". Then like some people have said before, an asshole wanted to start a fight.

The night only got better when me and tcaporale waited with a bunch of fans outside to see/meet Eddie. It was around a two hour wait. One of the guards said he wouldn't sign or pose for pictures but he would come out and shake everyone's hand. So we all lined up (like they do in prison to ID someone) and I GOT TO MEET EDDIE AND SHAKE HIS HAND!! I shook his hand and said, "Thank you for all the music you've given us and for a great show tonight." He was happy to meet everyone and he had a big smile on him.

Like I said before, Hartford raised the bar extremely high for the rest of the tour.

Thank you again to whomever made this show possible in the management of the Ten Club (Tim? Kat? Santos?) and to the EVCT thread people.

Here are some pictures I managed to get last night:
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/cre ... albums.jsp
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • -Q--Q- Posts: 169
    I've been to the 1st three shows and my highlight was last night when Eddie and Glen played Sleepless Nights off mic. the crowd settled down two voices and the uke filled the room,awesome!
    you all need to see Glen at his own shows. a half hour doesn't do him justice you'll walk out a changed person.
    this is the greatest song you might have never heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPbC2YrUUsI
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    I haven't been reading through the other threads, but I'm curious. Does he have the audience mics on the sides of the stage at every show?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • MS20307MS20307 Posts: 2
    In case anyone is interested, here is the link to photos from the Hartford Courant.

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/mu ... otogallery

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/mu ... 475.column

The show was AMAZING.
  • kg1982kg1982 Posts: 74
    beautiful show.

curious: was trouble going out to Dennis? there was a touching thread kicking around about a fan's friend who had recently passed, requesting 'trouble' at the Boston show. It wasn't played. I cannot remember exactly what ed said before the song last night, something about it being a request, and his thoughts being with the family (or something similar. I had oldperson hearing last night up in the mezz). it was for Dennis in my mind, and it made me smile.

perhaps because of hometown advantage, I was more into the energy in Boston (last night's crowd, though, really did behave for the most part, I was a bit nervous when Glen was on that it could be a hot mess by the end of the night!), but last night was undeniably a fantastic show. unthought known, speed of sound and light today were favorites in both shows. long nights was stunning - unreal that it was its debut.

great stories about how Glen and Eddie met, these two seem to be quite the duo now, and I'm excited to see if (how?) they link up in Alpine!