* THE WINE THREAD *

Comments

• myramyra Posts: 1,257

maintnent pour apprender le francaise, nous avons invente une histoire.
    "now in order to learn french, we will read a book."

that's about the extent of my french. :mrgreen:

I reckon this one has got to be handy :D
    Wait. Your previous statement WAS a pun, right ? :?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    enjoying some lovely spanish red wine of which i have no idea how or why it entered my abode.

but......it's not too shabby and it is going down quite swimmingly if i may say so myself.

i'm enjoying some lovely sharp cheddar cheese and wheat thins with it. :lol:

tally ho. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Currently drinking some Pinot but about to make myself a manhattan with some makers. Yep, it's a Thursday
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Cabernet Franc. I refer to it as liquid silk. If you haven't tried some, please do.
    Cabernet Franc. I refer to it as liquid silk. If you haven't tried some, please do.

liquid silk eh? :think:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315

Some good ones from the Fingerlakes.

Wife and I finished up bottles of Oregon pinot gris and Le Marche rosso piceno tonight. Time for bed. :yawn:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Some good ones from the Fingerlakes.

Wife and I finished up bottles of Oregon pinot gris and Le Marche rosso piceno tonight. Time for bed. :yawn:

bottle of red and a bottle of white for the abruzzo's ?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    What you know about the finger lakes??? Good times, although the wine overall is fairly bad, it's a great fucking time.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What you know about the finger lakes??? Good times, although the wine overall is fairly bad, it's a great fucking time.

used to hit the cayuga trail every year...good roadtripping fun w/ family. there was also one over off of seneca that resembled a hunting lodge rather than a winery...can't think of the name of it, but it was a sportsman and wine drinker's paradise.

agree wine is so-so, but it's a great time!
    I love to turn you on
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    yellowtail-shiraz.jpg 8 Buck$
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

There is a lot of bad wine, but a lot of good wine too.

Damiano is a great winery, easily the best red wines in the region, not even on the map. Also, Treleaven, Lamoreaux Landing, Ventosa (try the tocai), many other. Hazlitt is a good time, if not necessarily the best wine.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg

That's a ripoff.

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jeags, I was unaware of the fact eagles fans were sophisticated enough to enjoy wine....

i even speak a little french.

i find "je voudrais un soixante-neuf s'il vous plait" comes in quite handy now and again.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jeags, I was unaware of the fact eagles fans were sophisticated enough to enjoy wine....

i find "je voudrais un soixante-neuf s'il vous plait" comes in quite handy now and again.

You had me at bonjour.
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I love yellow tail...its more like 15 a bottle here though...wtf?
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009

really? not for that size bottle....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247

really? not for that size bottle....

it probably avgs between 13-15 for a 750ml bottle
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

There is a lot of bad wine, but a lot of good wine too.

Damiano is a great winery, easily the best red wines in the region, not even on the map. Also, Treleaven, Lamoreaux Landing, Ventosa (try the tocai), many other. Hazlitt is a good time, if not necessarily the best wine.

There are defintely some good ones, no doubt, but overall I think they are fairly mediocre. Ventosa and Lamoreaux are both pretty awesome places too. Have spent quite a bit of time on both Seneca and Cayuga. Good times.
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    dunkman wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol: :shock:
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    A nice bottle of 2006 Ruffino Chianti Classico which I bought in Naples a few weeks ago.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    A nice bottle of 2006 Ruffino Chianti Classico which I bought in Naples a few weeks ago.

You could've easily bought it in a state store.

DeLukin wrote:

Way to be a downer. A lot of the Malbec my girl brought back from Argentina every time she went could have been bought at a state store, but still.
    DeLukin wrote:

come on dude. we already know you are a beer snob. are you a wine snob too johnny? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    DeLukin wrote:

Not here in PA. But I did find it on wine.com and ordered a few more bottles for good measure (sure beats having to wrap them in dirty laundry for the trip home). Thanks for the (almost) help though...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

Way to be a downer. A lot of the Malbec my girl brought back from Argentina every time she went could have been bought at a state store, but still.

Sorry, having a bad day. Can't wait to drink some vino bianco tonight.

• pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    Here's my favorite ~

zaccagnini.jpg

Cantina Zaccagnini Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
    Sorry, having a bad day. Can't wait to drink some vino bianco tonight.

Gli Abruzzi (the Abruzzos) actually drank our first 2010 Provence rose' of the year tonight. Yummy. 8-)

One of the best Montepulciano d'Abruzzo that I've had was Nicodemi. Hard to find it though...

• I want to get in on this thread. I've been wanting to get into wine for a long time. I've just started and I'm trying to learn the ins and outs. I think red wine is my favorite.

Edit: I bought a bottle of some Gnarly Head Merlot a few weeks ago. Like I said, I'm a novice so I just went off the description on the back of the bottle and the cool tree on the front of the bottle. ;) I think it was around $12 a bottle, not bad I guess. If anyone has any advice feel free to share. Also, what is a price range that isn't too pricey, but you will be sure to most likely get a good bottle of wine?
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    One of the best Montepulciano d'Abruzzo that I've had was Nicodemi. Hard to find it though...

Hopefully I can find it. :)
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!