Options

What's the angriest Ed has ever been onstage?

13»

Comments

• Options
    alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    hershey in 2003 his comments about the girl gone wild.
    "hey guys look art my mosquito bites from the summer.i like much harder stuff than that i like to take a shit on the heads of people like you. if these people would go out and vote... so thanks young lady for showing me absolutly nothing"thats what eddie said something like that it was hella funny
  • Options
    clark_kentclark_kent Posts: 166
    The quarter rant comes to mind,

Anyone else?

cleveland 03... he was so pissed he fell off the stage. wait a minute, you wanted pissed like mad? oh...
    "You've never been out of college, you don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector... they expect results." -Ray

Denny Crane!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Left Porch wrote:
    How did u get Uniondale 03 on DVD????

Hmm, I wish I can remember - that was years ago ; )
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Uniondale 2003

oxc

I'd have to agree with that. I can't speak for the other shows people are mentioning, but I was about 25-30 from Ed, and some of the shit being thrown on stage was flying right over my head. Very tense
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    One more fucker throws another fucking quarter, I'm outta here. We're all out of here. fucker. what the fuck, you're ruining it for fucking everybody.......
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Soujiro_SetaSoujiro_Seta Posts: 100
    I gotta go with uniondale 03. It was my first PJ concert and when they did Bu$hleaguer everyone was booing them. And then when the band finished Rockin in the Free world, Ed takes the microphone stand and all and slams it on the ground the stand actually bent and walks off.
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    I gotta go with uniondale 03. It was my first PJ concert and when they did Bu$hleaguer everyone was booing them. And then when the band finished Rockin in the Free world, Ed takes the microphone stand and all and slams it on the ground the stand actually bent and walks off.

those dumb fucks blinded by false patriotism.

Wouldn't get as much Boos now with Bush stellar 30% approval rate.
  • Options
    Left PorchLeft Porch Posts: 837
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Hmm, I wish I can remember - that was years ago ; )

Right, gotcha. Great show though eh?
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    Left Porch wrote:
    How did u get Uniondale 03 on DVD????

If you want it on DVD shoot me a pm
  • Options
    joewilliejoewillie Posts: 26
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Uniondale 2003

oxc

I was thinking the same thing...He was so pissed that the the enitre crowd turned on him for his bushleagurer rant that he cut the encore short 2 or three songs.
    8/12/92 Waterloo; 4/6/94 Springfield; 9/28/96 NYC; 9/29/96 NYC;
    5/19/97 Mercury Lounge (Tuatara w/Mike; 6/8/97 Randells Island (Ed & Mike; 9/8/98 East Rutherford; 9/10/98 MSG; 9/11/98 MSG; 8/23/00 Jones Beach; 4/30/03 Nassau; 7/8/03 MSG; 5/31/06 The Avalon; 6/24/08 MSG; 8/5/08 United Palace (Ed); 5/20/10 MSG; 5/21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Left Porch wrote:
    Right, gotcha. Great show though eh?

Ya the last 3 shows of that tour were awesome. My regret was only attending Buffalo and not Uniondale and Penn State. If only I could predict the future at that time : )
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    hummmm- I might need to make another name
    :D

That is very funny
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I didn't read all the back posts so I don't know if anyone mentioned this but the angriest I have ever seen him live was San Diego solo show. I know there are much worse, but this was just such a tight little intimate experience that it seemed really in your face. Didn't bother me at all, because I wasn't one of the people he was yelling at but he was super mad at people who shout out during the show.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    I’m not a country fan or anything but they were showing Tim McGraw on an entertainment show. I think he was yelling at a guy that kept shoving a girl. I think they had him removed too.

I said
    He’s the Eddie Vedder of country. Hehehe

Then like a year before, his wife Faith Hill came out on stage and yelled at a woman that did/or tried to grab Tim’s balls.

Sorry, kinda off topic. But funny!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    I dont know if it looked more passionate because I was in attendance but he was pretty fucking pissed off when he sang the No War tag at the Showbox on 2002.

That would be it in my opinion.

He looked pretty pissed at Uniondale 2003 (one of the shows they got booed at) he threw the mic against the floor and rumor has it that the show was cut short as there were more songs on the setlist, I've seen the video for that show and he looked pretty pissed when he exited the stage.

i have never seen the Uniondale 2003 video but i bought the boot and can only imagine what it actually looked like..sometimes i think its best for me only imagining...~

"Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    velogator wrote:
    I think this has to be in the running...I just listened to that show and he stopped like 4 times, finally started throwing out the F-bombs, he was not happy.

agreed. i was at that show at the ripe age of 14, and i will never forget how vicious that pit was.

"there's a fucking looney bin around the corner is that where all you came from?"
  • Options
    hummmm- I might need to make another name
    I tried and they won't let you- bunk I say... after picking crazyindigo, I was thinking "well why they hell didn't i go with my usual MonkeyWrench or ScrawlDissolved???" Tried to get another user name and they were NOT having it.... ARG!!!! So I too, am NOT walking around with CRAZYINDIGO82 on my shirt! HA!

Anywho~> Shoe the Shoeless def comes to mind... But I still laugh my ass of everytime I see it :D

Okay- and the mosquito bites once again, get my vote... i still say she had it coming to her hahaha
    Up here so high I start to shake...
    Up here so high the sky I scrape...
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest...
    Just like my innocence...
  • Options
    velogator wrote:
    Hmm, I better go watch that again as I didn't think he was mad, just trying to get a point across - forcefully. I do remember him apologizing to some of his military friends a couple of songs later.
    i would have to agree. i just watched that clip. it didn't really seem angry for more than a few seconds.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    Shoe the Shoeless def comes to mind... But I still laugh my ass of everytime I see it :D

Okay- and the mosquito bites once again, get my vote... i still say she had it coming to her hahaha
    ditto!! shoe the shoeless.... lol
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com