Options

What's the angriest Ed has ever been onstage?

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    He should have known better then to try and pull that lib crap in the middle of Nassau County with all the repubs!

LOL! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Left PorchLeft Porch Posts: 837
    StuffnJunk wrote:

uniondale- i wouldn't say he was mad, more like he was getting really sarcastic because the crowd was so overwhelmingly against his Bush rant, he started lecturing about how dumb we are (without actually calling us dumb)

Agreed, definitly felt he was being a little condescending with the whole "I dont know why you like him, is it cause he's a real guy, or giving you a tax cut." I'm paraphrasing but it was something like that. Not exactly the nicest way to treat 15000 paying customers when they had to know they would receive a negative response for playing that song. Although of the 3 shows I've been to though this was my favorite, they were absolutely on for every song. Plus RVM as the 2nd song was a huge shock. Great GREAT version of Porch to close the main set. Not playing bushleaguer would have just avoided the situation entirely, kind of wish thats what they did.

I wonder if they will play Nassau again?
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    LOL! :D

ahhhhh
    the days of dark pants!
    I love Ed!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    Isnt it funny when you realize we have all been in the same room together!?
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options

It's pretty awesome when you think about. When we go to shows everyone from the pit should wear a T-shirt that has their username on it. That would be weird/kind of cool.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options

I wasn't at Uniondale but I'm sure we've been together in the same venue more than once...

I love the white pants... you can't tell me he didn't look GREAT for the VH1 Rock Honors :D
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    It's pretty awesome when you think about. When we go to shows everyone from the pit should wear a T-shirt that has their username on it. That would be weird/kind of cool.

There is no way in Hell I'm walking around a show with a shirt with Mrs_Vedder78 printed on it!!!!! LMAO!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:

hummmm- I might need to make another name
    :D
  • Options
    I wasn't at Uniondale but I'm sure we've been together in the same venue more than once...

I love the white pants... you can't tell me he didn't look GREAT for the VH1 Rock Honors :D
    He looked the same as he did in Camden 1 and Hartford- HE WEARS THE SAME DAMN OUTFIT.
    Jill is the worst baby's momma ever! Buy that man some clothes!
  • Options
    I was actually thinking of the white pants thread while I was watching it- if I was home I would have posted in it!
    :)
  • Options
    He looked the same as he did in Camden 1 and Hartford- HE WEARS THE SAME DAMN OUTFIT.
    Jill is the worst baby's momma ever! Buy that man some clothes!

:D:D:D:D LOL!
    That must be an uphill battle with Ed he's always done that same thing...that man still owns shit he wore 17 years ago! and wears it to this day :)
  • Options
    :D:D:D:D LOL!
    That must be an uphill battle with Ed he's always done that same thing...that man still owns shit he wore 17 years ago! and wears it to this day :)
    I bet he smells!
    lol

(I would still allow him to bend me over the amps- but I bet he stinks)
  • Options
    I bet he smells!
    lol

(I would still allow him to bend me over the amps- but I bet he stinks)

OMG!!!! My stomach hurts! LMAO!!!! this is not a G rated convo anymore....! :D
    I dont mind smelly either! :) LOL
  • Options
    LOL.. you always make me laugh!

Are you going to any of the solo NYC/NJ shows?
  • Options
    LOL.. you always make me laugh!

Are you going to any of the solo NYC/NJ shows?

nah im sitting this one out, I spent way to much money going to Seattle to see him in Vancouver and then the tour.... :(

I'm not crushed though I'm glad I got to see him earlier this year :)
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I was up front at Mansfield I too and it definitely wasn't as big of a deal as it sounds
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    This is not a tv studio....... JOSH!!!!
    i like sound...
  • Options

HAHA, he was pretty angry at Josh, fuckin guy forgot to turn those lights off.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    He was very angry at Uniondale...

Anyway, he is a fan of the NY Rangers NOT the lowly Islanders : )
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    also camden 2006, forget if it was night 1 or 2, during RVM he slammed down his guitar and walked off stage before the song was even over!!!

heard it had something to do with a photograher snapping pictures in his face

i was at uniondale 2003, but even there he didn't storm off in the middle of a song!!!

uniondale- i wouldn't say he was mad, more like he was getting really sarcastic because the crowd was so overwhelmingly against his Bush rant, he started lecturing about how dumb we are (without actually calling us dumb)

I was at the Camden '06 show you mentioned. Ed was pissed because the press photographers are only supposed to stay for the first 3 or 4 songs, but this guy was in the middle snapping pictures during the end of the 1st set. Ed threw his wine soaked towel at him (pretty funny :) ) and then threw his mic stand down and walked off stage as the guys were jamming out the end of RVM.

He was in rare form that night. Mike wasn't ready to start Whipping and Ed threw a pick at him and almost took out Jeff's eye. Weird moment for sure. But awesome show.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    I guess it really depends how much he is drinking at a show...
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532

Its a fucking rock concert! turn these lights out!.......BWAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Shoot, I forgot to mention the infamouse 'mosquito bites' rant at the Hershey show. "I like to shit on little girls heads"

That was the night after the 4+ hour Boston experiment show.

Guess the guys were tired at Hershey :)
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    How 'bout the Mesa, AZ show in '93 - when they burned the U of A sweatshirt on the mic stand and went nuts during "Leash"?
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    the Hershey one was classic! he nicely finished it by bringing up voting too.

Out of six shows i only ONCE briefly saw ed lose his cool. In Dublin 06 he told Keely halfway through the first set that he was sick of being blinded by the spotlights (paraphrase), but it was momentary cos lights went down immediately.

Ljubljana 2000 has nice moment where he makes snide comments about Slobodan Milosevic being an asshole, but again, its a short moment.
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469

:D
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I have Uniondale 03' on dvd and it's amazing. Here's the audio of Bushleaguer - listen to the boos around the 5 min mark. The end of this show is great...I love when Ed slams the mic!

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01FUGhYQVNOMUJjR0E9PQ
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I have Uniondale 03' on dvd and it's amazing. Here's the audio of Bushleaguer - listen to the boos around the 5 min mark. The end of this show is great...I love when Ed slams the mic!

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01FUGhYQVNOMUJjR0E9PQ

How did u get Uniondale 03 on DVD????
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    cookiescookies Posts: 113
    JD Sal wrote:
    Shoot, I forgot to mention the infamouse 'mosquito bites' rant at the Hershey show. "I like to shit on little girls heads"

That was the night after the 4+ hour Boston experiment show.

Guess the guys were tired at Hershey :)

Yeah Hershey Pa 2003 was great.We got this little cool cat down her showing her Mosquito bites she got for the summer LOL LOL. I had to bring that boot into work and have my co-workers listen to that one. Yes you can say Ed is Passionate about what he saids and feel. But what good song writer isn't. With every tune you have to give a part of yourself. And the way thier tunes tap on your soul they give a huge part of themself everytime.
    Cookies
    ôjô
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    I'm going to have to vote for the quarter rant. I was in the 3rd row for that show, and you could see it in his eyes, it was frightening.