Options

Chicago EV Pre-Party Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    Nitro wrote:
    Is that real? Last thing i need is showing up and getting my ass kicked or made a fool of!

Totally real. He has a beard and will either be on the corner or inside the bar. Just ask the bartender. Get there at least an hour before the first pitch.
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 265
    Totally real. He has a beard and will either be on the corner or inside the bar. Just ask the bartender. Get there at least an hour before the first pitch.

Great. Thanks!

I'm going to try and make it to the preparty as well...it will be me (i figure i'll go right from the game) and another guy if he can make it...looking forward to seeing everyone!
  • Options
    Anybody have an extra 10c ticket for 8/22? driving in from buffalo friday morning ..................Priceline 88 $$$ Staying at Hillton count me and McJuice in for pre party ...
    11/06/91 - The Haunt: Ithaca, NY
    Alive + Smells Like Teen Spirit + Saying No
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    Does anybody have advice as to meeting Eddie before this show?

(Where he will enter, where the tour bus will be, etc.???????

It will be amazing!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,817
    Tomorrow!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    I'm stopping in to say hey, might have my friend with me. Great work on organizing!!! Ya'll are amazing!

h&d
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    giantelmogiantelmo Nashville Posts: 24
    Nice, Kasey's is cool. I'm flying in Friday morning and heading to Wrigley. If anyone else is heading up there, PM me. See the rest of you at the pre!
    JWK
    Ann Arbor 3/20/94, Auburn Hills 8/23/98, Auburn Hills 10/7/00, Clarkson 6/25/03, Boston 9/28/04, Hartford 5/13/06, Boston 5/24/06, Bonnaroo 6/14/08, Chicago 8/22/08 (EV), Nashville 6/17/09 (EV), Nashville 6/18/09 (EV), Memphis 6/20/09 (EV), Wrigley 7/19/13, ACL 10/5/14, Memphis 10/14/14, Lexington 4/26/16, Wrigley 8/20/16, Prague 7/1/18, Berlin 7/5/18, Fenway 9/2/18, Chicago 2/10/22 (EV), Nashville 9/16/22, Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    if anybody is interested in ride sharing and splitting gas, I am leaving from Indy noonish (give or take an hour or two)

what is the latest I can arrive and still make the preparty to buy some raf tix?
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    i just realized!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bears have a preseason game tomorrow at 7PM at Solider field, which is very close to the venue.....

That said consider

parking is going to be a super bitch and very expensive

there is going to 50,000+ extra people in the nieghborhood

bars packed, and drunks everywhere, after the show traffic is going to suck monkey balls (sorry ECM ;))

Good Luck see you all there :D
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Thursday:
    • Yield wall art, donated by Foxy Mop
    • Chop Suey DVD, donated by whoyouare72
    • 2005 London, Canada t-shirt, donated by KyleB
    • 2006 Ottowa framed poster, donated by KyleB
    • 2006 Avocado sealed vinyl, donated by elvistheking44
    • 2006 Summerfest poster (white), donated by NothinGBetteRPJMaN
    • Donate something today!

Friday:
    • Live at the Gorge, donated by luvistower
    • Wishlist Foundation poster pack
    • Nightmare t-shirt, donated by Okum
    • 2005 Toronto poster, donated by elvistheking44
    • 2006 Eagle/Fist European tour t-shirt, size M, donated by Anonymous in Slovakia :)
    • 2008 Tampa poster, donated by boxorbag
    • 2008 EV silhouette poster, donated by KyleB
    • Donate something today!

Add to the list a PJ 06 Melbourne poster donated by yours truly :)
  • Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    KDH12 wrote:
    i just realized!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bears have a preseason game tomorrow at 7PM at Solider field, which is very close to the venue.....

That said consider

parking is going to be a super bitch and very expensive

there is going to 50,000+ extra people in the nieghborhood

bars packed, and drunks everywhere, after the show traffic is going to suck monkey balls (sorry ECM ;))

Good Luck see you all there :D

it's a preseason game and its the Bears. game starts at 7 central, so soldier filed should be 60% empty by 8:30. i suspect the concert won't conclude until 11 to 11:30, so traffic home shouldn't be an issue. traffic in could be. take the metra or cta.
  • Options
    Nitro wrote:
    I've heard this about Friday as well...

So I am getting into Chicago tonight from San Diego! I've got all day tomorrow before the show while my buddy works. Anyone going to Wrigley? I'll probably head over there myself if anyone would like to join. I assume i can just scalp some tickets...

you can scalp, but tickets have been going for twice face value on ebay, at least for the last sunday game agaist the pirates.

being a friday afternoon and the nats, i'd guess about the same.
  • Options
    81shark wrote:
    it's a preseason game and its the Bears. game starts at 7 central, so soldier filed should be 60% empty by 8:30. i suspect the concert won't conclude until 11 to 11:30, so traffic home shouldn't be an issue. traffic in could be. take the metra or cta.

60% by 8:30 I can see you have no respect for chicago sports fans
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    60% by 8:30 I can see you have no respect for chicago sports fans

only cub fans

but sersiously, its thursday night preseason game and the general thinking is the bears will suck. a vast majority of people are not going to stick around into the 4th qtr to watch haine throw the ball
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    4 am bump cause for some reason i'm awake. pretty excited and can't sleep. leaving tomorrow evening for friday show. can't wait to see you all.
  • Options
    KyleBKyleB Posts: 75
    Anyone by chance attending the show, driving in from the north side, and can pick up my donations? I won't be attending the preshow party, but have some donations to contribute, including a framed poster. Any help is appreciated!

Email me at kylebicking at yahoo dot com. I live in Roscoe Village.

-Kyle
  • Options
    keelycankeelycan Via Chicago Posts: 409
    Anybody know what time eddie has been hitting the stage??? thanks
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • Options
    if anybody is interested in ride sharing and splitting gas, I am leaving from Indy noonish (give or take an hour or two)

what is the latest I can arrive and still make the preparty to buy some raf tix?

We'll probably do the raffle around 6pmish :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    Add to the list a PJ 06 Melbourne poster donated by yours truly :)

sweet!! You rock. We also have a few more Wishlist items we'll be throwing in :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Anyone have any plans for the Post Show Party? I'm looking for somewhere to go have a drink and think about how great the show was. I was thinking about just jumping across the street to the Congress Bar, if there is one. Anyone?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:
    Anyone have any plans for the Post Show Party? I'm looking for somewhere to go have a drink and think about how great the show was. I was thinking about just jumping across the street to the Congress Bar, if there is one. Anyone?

There is a bar at the Congress...it closes at midnight during the week though...
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    loadedgun wrote:

I'd be down for sure, nothing like some post show drinking! Maybe we should get some people together in the lobby after the show.
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    11/06/91 - The Haunt: Ithaca, NY
    Alive + Smells Like Teen Spirit + Saying No
  • Options
    the bar louie that is not too far away is open til 4 am I think I know for sure the the south loop club is open till 4 and they have a great veggie burger :)
  • Options
    nxnastosnxnastos Posts: 91
    COUNT ME IN plus a guest!!!

keep up the good work!!
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    There is a bar at the Congress...it closes at midnight during the week though...

That would be plenty late for me. Thats past my bed time as it is. Might need to grab a bite after the show as well.....
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    have fun at the pre-party everyone, I'll be there for tomorrow

FYI - Kitty O'Shea's, the restaurant at the Hilton is open till 2 AM on Friday, this might be a good place to meet after the show for a bite and a beer

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHICHHH-Hilton-Chicago-Illinois/dining.do?brand_id=HI&brand_directory=/en/hi/&xch=256768050,BLRZ5BJ0IARG4CSGBIUMVCQ
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    81shark wrote:
    only cub fans

but sersiously, its thursday night preseason game and the general thinking is the bears will suck. a vast majority of people are not going to stick around into the 4th qtr to watch haine throw the ball

I'm going to the game tonight.

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    smarchee wrote:
    have fun at the pre-party everyone, I'll be there for tomorrow

FYI - Kitty O'Shea's, the restaurant at the Hilton is open till 2 AM on Friday, this might be a good place to meet after the show for a bite and a beer

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHICHHH-Hilton-Chicago-Illinois/dining.do?brand_id=HI&brand_directory=/en/hi/&xch=256768050,BLRZ5BJ0IARG4CSGBIUMVCQ

Staying at the Hilton also, looks like a few of us are. See you at Kitty's after the show. Can't wait! Hoping to make the pre-party also but the wife and I are flying standby and won't know what time we'll be arriving. If we get in early enough I'll have a poster to donate for the raffle. Foxy, I'll let you know. Hope to see you all there!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    one last bump before we leave! :)

See you all there!

Laura
    630-269-8397
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥