Options

Inside Job: 10C Tickets Stolen at box office in Tampa?

Comments

• Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    ninfan wrote:
    I still think they should just Fedex the tickets. I understand some tickets would be scalped but if it's only sent out a few days before it would limited the places they could be sold. Most sites stop listing tickets for sale a few days before the event.

or maybe they could just notify everyone where their seats are a few days before, so it would be easier to notice any problems.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    happy2beherehappy2behere Posts: 148
    the envelopes just need a seal, preferably some cool Klausen designed seal.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    That is so messed up.
    I am not the type of person to get pissy and leave though.

However, send out the tix! What is the big deal here?? If someone is going to scalp fanclub tix, they only get 4 anyway.
    This is obviously a system that seems to be breaking down in certain venues.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    the envelopes just need a seal, preferably some cool Klausen designed seal.

That would solve the problem!

I wonder how much they'd go for on ebay :p

But seriously, it's the way to go. Even just 10c envelops. I doubt they'd have time to do this for msg though. Likely everything is packed up already.
    If they need help though, I'll gladly do it. All I ask for is a measly front row center ticket for the three shows I'm attending :o
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    what do u mean they get 4 ?
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    That would solve the problem!

msg was being packed up on monday and sadly i heard names being pulled out in the background

I wonder how much they'd go for on ebay :p

But seriously, it's the way to go. Even just 10c envelops. I doubt they'd have time to do this for msg though. Likely everything is packed up already.
    If they need help though, I'll gladly do it. All I ask for is a measly front row center ticket for the three shows I'm attending :o

msg was being packed up on monday and sadly i heard names being pulled out in the background
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    what do u mean they get 4 ?
    Can't you buy 4 10c tix?
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Can't you buy 4 10c tix?

2 per show muuuah
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    2 per show muuuah
    I guess I signed up for the bonus 10C package.
    :)
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Has this happened in the past? Or is this due to the lottery?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Any chance you heard any "Silverstein"s? :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    ninfan wrote:
    I still think they should just Fedex the tickets. I understand some tickets would be scalped but if it's only sent out a few days before it would limited the places they could be sold. Most sites stop listing tickets for sale a few days before the event.

That wouldn't be too good for the people following most of the tour.......

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    benjs wrote:
    Any chance you heard any "Silverstein"s? :D

lol not that i remember ,, and sadly it wasnt my last name neither
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I guess I signed up for the bonus 10C package.
    :)

can i get a bonus package ;)
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    It's really pretty simple, make special tix for Ten Club members that DON"T look anything like the ticketmaster ones. This is what Grateful Dead used to do when you would mail order tickets from them, I tried to take a picture as an example.

http://www.tomspine.com/music/1988-04-07,%2009%20-%20Grateful%20Dead.jpg

These tickets look NOTHING like Ticketmaster.......a lot of people like to compare the way PJ does things with the Dead, well how about making Ten Club tickets look very different from other ones to prvent these thing from happening.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    I have a 164xxx and was in the last row of the whole amphitheater in sec 204 and very pissed off. WTF happened?
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    PoorWiggum wrote:
    'an older black gentleman'....

Would the poster had mentioned race if the 'older gentleman' was white? Fucked up.
    How would you describe Morgan Freeman?
  • Options
    SueSue Posts: 36
    the best system to prevent this I've ever seen is the Nine inch Nails fanclub.
    They give you two sets of tickets, the fanclub printed tix with your name on them and the corresponding venue ticket with the same seat #s.

I did this at MSG, HOB in Atlantic City, PNC in NJ, and Jones beach. The only difference is, that when you buy your tix presale they tell you your seats, so I guess it wouldn't work as well for 10C but even that little bit of extra work would be worth it IMHO. I'd pay even $10 per ticket to assure that scummy people aren't tampering w/my tickets. How low can you go?
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    obiwon76 wrote:
    For the 3 shows I went to in 06, I clearly remember the tickets being kept in a white envelope. I think it's actually better to get there early to pick them up as opposed to closer to the show. There is more chance of a ticket switch when the lines are shorter. Still very unfortunate.

this is probably true

but regardless this whole situation is uncalled for and worrisome...perhaps the envelopes should be sealed shut?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    PoorWiggum wrote:
    'an older black gentleman'....

Would the poster had mentioned race if the 'older gentleman' was white? Fucked up.

If most everyone else who worked at the box office was not white, then, yeah, probably.

The question is, would you have thought that was "fucked up?" Probably not.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    mr bungle wrote:
    Jesus Christ!! WTF is going on?? Has there been any probs at the other shows or is this just an isolated situation with some bad apples at the venue?? I'm starting to get nervous about next week's shows i'm going to at MSG.
    HA!
    you really wanna know??
    1st time after 27 shows I got rejected at the door and AFTER all my friends were let in in Tampa, ad the bitch wouldnt even let them come back out to help me out since they were the ones that got me the ticket, until they found out that everybody could go outside on the right for the smoking area which she failed to mention, SO basically I was left on my own to handle a ticket I didnt know about. Im not a fanclub member and it wasnt my number so I pretty much turned into Hulk storming my way back to the box office and told them that this was a tenC ticket and its already been used when thats imPOSSIBLE cause the people JUST picked it up from here...so they took it back left me for like 15 minutes while more people came behind me with the same drama and finally came back and told me I was good to go. I went back to the same lady and turnstyle and it was ok...luckily cause I mighta gotten arrested in Tampa for doing something stupid..Ive never had that kinda thing happen b4 at games or any concerts so I was a lil flipped out about it
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    this shit has been going on for a while. as soon as you give control to people who can make money off of the tickets, youre in trouble. corruption is human nature. the easiest solution would be to print tickets with the buyer's name on them, as previously mentioned. if PJ did it back in 1995, I'm sure they can pull it off now.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    pjbiz wrote:
    The NIN Spiral was great, the guy that runs the club is at every show handing out the tickets himself personally. Tenclub should take it one step farther and have the members name and photo on the tickets itself. Shouldn't be hard to upload a photo onto you tenclub profile for them to put on your tickets.
    Jason
    I vote for Jason to handle tix ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    WOW! how terrible! i feel really bad for all of those who this effected. :(
    i thought 10c staff handled tix distribution? i thought that was how it was always done? is it new that they leave it to venue staff? it's a real shame....b/c people KNOW what these things are worth, etc....and doing a switch like that, terribly duplicitous.....:mad: i am glad 10c promptly apologized to you and certainly saddened that nothing could be done the night of the show for you all. i appreciate you alerting 10c in the hopes of avoiding such for all fans in the future.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    They should NOT put the 10c number on the envelope where someone who knows about numbers could pick which ones were best. Sealing the envelopes would at least be a good start.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:
    The NIN Spiral was great, the guy that runs the club is at every show handing out the tickets himself personally. Tenclub should take it one step farther and have the members name and photo on the tickets itself. Shouldn't be hard to upload a photo onto you tenclub profile for them to put on your tickets.
    Jason

now TR's taken that one step further by making it FREE to anyone who signs up at nin.com, same premise, names printed on tickets without the $60/year fee.

/off PJ topic

also, you DO realize for those of us going to MSG that it's notorious there at the boxoffice for being the most corrupt? I've heard horror stories about scalpers/employees working in tandem.
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    pjbiz wrote:
    Trent is going crazy with all this free stuff lately. If they wanna give away free downloads that's great, but I think there has to be membership fees to access tickets. The free sign up gave way too many scalpers access for the ticket sales and I got shut out for Red Rocks. It reminded me of buying tix for "some other band."

Have fun at MSG guys!!

yea but you get 2 tix and both have your name on them right?

premium tickets for all nine inch nails headline dates will be made available to registered nin.com members in advance of public on sales. pre sale tickets are personalize with the buyers legal name printed on the face of the ticket and ID will be required for pickup and entry into the venue on night of show. ticket supplies for pre sales are limited and available on a first come, first serve basis. our goal is to put the best tickets in the hands of the fans and not in the hands of ticket scalpers and/or brokers.
  • Options
    yes, they have your name on them, and you are supposed to enter the venue immediately, this way if a scalper buys them he either has to do his business superfast or go in and only sell one ticket, I guess. There is no perfect way but this helps cut it down a lot. they simply go elsewhere to do their scalping, where there is no security measure in place.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Sue wrote:
    also, you DO realize for those of us going to MSG that it's notorious there at the boxoffice for being the most corrupt? I've heard horror stories about scalpers/employees working in tandem.

absolutely!
    first thought in my mind actually......:(
    it's sad all the safeguards that have to be thought up, put into place...b/c people can oftentimes be so corrupt. something as innocuous and fun as a concert....bought and sold and schemed.......

this is why i also thought 10c handled all the tix. they did in 2003, did they not?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    I will personally offer to take the job of going to each show on tour and handing out the 10C tix to ensure integrity. PM me 10C! ;-)