Options

Inside Job: 10C Tickets Stolen at box office in Tampa?

Comments

• Options
    that is plain shitty and quite frankly i didnt read the whole thread but this problem seems to carry over from 06 when i believe someone complained that someone in the ticket booth took a bribe for better seats.
    two simple solutions that may improve the chances of this happening even less:
    1) simply seal the envelopes
    or
    2) premail club members their tickets
    sorry if both of those ideas were mentioned and im especially sorry that this happened to someone that made such an effort to travel.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Hello everyone, I have read this discussion at the touringfans.net forum website, and I am posting this here because I beleive that everyone should be aware of what happened to Blythewood and he wanted people to be aware as well. Please fell free to check the original discussion at http://touringfans.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2056760%3ATopic%3A4742&x=1&page=1

Posted by Blythewood on June 14, 2008 at 7:56pm
    Is it me or should I have been a little closer than the 5th floor clublevel? I think I probably won the lottery and some lowlife scum inside the box office stole my tickets and sold them. Check out my Tampa Show in the seat tracker. I was so pisssed I left the show early. Been in the fan club since 96. I tried to buy other tickets or speak to someone at the ticket counter but was left with nothing. Here is a picture that I took right before I left. http://api.ning.com/files/42Cwvdo27VGt02Hb6aTOGFDBuZ1snbg4wvvWpIKkCSc9btdhAMiV-NscQB3xIP7I1zKUlYlKpGEcouF68mAhwZTVT8sR4H9f/crapseats.JPG

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by kylewilliam on June 17, 2008 at 11:03am
    Ouch. that is certainly not a 10C ticket. Did you write to 10C ?

Reply by Blythewood on June 17, 2008 at 11:52am
    Yes, they were very nice but didn't refund my money. What do you think should happen? Is a refund too much to ask or is it a legitimate request? My letter is below:

Hi,
    I have sent several emails to individuals and just ran across this address. If you are getting multiple emails I apologize but I am so annoyed with what happened to me I just can't go without some resolution. I am from Columbia SC, have been a member since 1996 and have always appreciated what you have done for the fans of the band. I'm not much of a complainer but after driving 1400 miles to go see my favorite band I feel empty and violated and want someone to find out what happened and who is responsible. My number is 142xxx.

I went to pick up my tickets at the Fan Club window. An older black gentleman gave me my tickets after shuffling around for a few minutes. I never thought anything suspicious was happening until the next day. I ended up with tickets in the "Cannon" suite. My tickets read Sec: "Cannon" Row: GA2 Seat:33,34 which ended being across the arena on the 5th floor. After it sunk in that there was no way I could identify who was on stage I returned to the ticket window to seek better tickets then returned to the Fan Club window where I was told that there was "nothing that they could do, sorry". There is really no way to fix what has happened but I want to make sure that it never happens to anyone ever again. I ended up trying to sneak around to better vacant seats but security was doing there job and I don't believe there was an empty seat anywhere. After an hour or so of frustration and lack of a "home base" I called it quits and left the venue prior to the 1st encore. I feel so violated and cheated and I hope that you understand what it took for me to walk out of that arena. I would really like to have my money refunded. I believe that it was an "Inside Job" at the ticket window and they should be held responsible. I will be happy to speak to anyone over the phone, by email or even face to face. I live in Columbia will to speak to someone in person so that they see I am not dishonest or trying to get something for nothing. Again I apologize if I am sending multiple emails to the same individual but once again...I can't let this go to the wayside. My number is and I will be available at any time of day or evening except for Monday between 9am-11am.

PS Thanks for booking a show in Columbia SC!! 3rd time PJ has played in our state and everyone is excited.

Response

Your situation seems very suspicious and we deeply apologize for the experience. I was present at the time the tickets were allocated for the show and I am quite certain none of the fan club tickets were in the “Cannon” section. It is quite a shame that the tickets were switched out and we will do our best to secure these tickets for all fan club members in the future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and again, we apologize dearly for the situation.

Thanks
    10club

this same thing seemed to happen at CAMDEN 1...

2 of my friends that have #'s in the high 100's were given seats in the very back of the seating section... both of them bought memberships at thew same time and always end up next to each other... their tickets were terrible and should have NEVER been back that far... i spoke to a few others from camden 1 with pretty low #'s anmd they all got screwed as well... one guy said his # was 150 and he was given the last row in the seating section? dead last row and he has a member # of 150?

something was definitely wrong with the 10c tickets at camden 1
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I guess I signed up for the bonus 10C package.
    :)

or they just hooked you up ;)
  • Options
    I have a 164xxx and was in the last row of the whole amphitheater in sec 204 and very pissed off. WTF happened?

i think your the guy i ran into.... my other fridns have thew same # as you and were way back there with you?

something was definitely up
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    PoorWiggum wrote:
    'an older black gentleman'....

Would the poster had mentioned race if the 'older gentleman' was white? Fucked up.

Once again, white people are eager to be offended on the behalf of othe races and quickly spring into action by posting on the Internet! Which raises awareness (most importantly, of course).

----

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/05/28/101-being-offended/

Stuff White People Like
    #101 Being Offended
    May 28, 2008 by clander

To be offended is usually a rather unpleasant experience, one that can expose a person to intolerance, cultural misunderstandings, and even evoke the scars of the past. This is such an unpleasant experience that many people develop a thick skin and try to only be offended in the most egregious and awful situations. In many circumstances, they can allow smaller offenses to slip by as fighting them is a waste of time and energy. But white people, blessed with both time and energy, are not these kind of people. In fact there are few things white people love more than being offended.

Naturally, white people do not get offended by statements directed at white people. In fact, they don’t even have a problem making offensive statements about other white people (ask a white person about “flyover states”). As a rule, white people strongly prefer to get offended on behalf of other people.

It is also valuable to know that white people spend a significant portion of their time preparing for the moment when they will be offended. They read magazines, books, and watch documentaries all in hopes that one day they will encounter a person who will say something offensive. When this happens, they can leap into action with quotes, statistics, and historical examples. Once they have finished lecturing another white person about how it’s wrong to use the term “black” instead of “African-American,” they can sit back and relax in the knowledge that they have made a difference.

White people also get excited at the opportunity to be offended at things that are sexist and/or homophobic. Both cases offering ample opportunities for lectures, complaints, graduate classes, lengthy discussions and workshops. All of which do an excellent job of raising awareness among white people who hope to change their status from “not racist” to “super not racist.”

Another thing worth noting is that the threshold for being offended is a very important tool for judging and ranking white people. Missing an opportunity to be outraged is like missing a reference to Derrida-it’s social death.

If you ever need to make a white person feel indebted to you, wait for them to mention a book, film, or television show that features a character who is the same race as you, then say “the representation of <insert race> was offensive and if you can’t see that, well, you need to do some soul searching.” After they return from their hastily booked trip to land of your ancestors, they will be desperate to make it up to you. At this point, it is acceptable to ask them to help you paint your house.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    i also heard a rumor that a few tenclub members were given lawn seats?

wow. i would have had to speak with a 10c staff member if they handed me lawn seats
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    welcome to the South.. no scruples....

florida is NOT the south. at least not once you get 50 miles in from the state line

neither is camden, but there's a thread about something like this from there, too

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    I've got a question for people who had Columbia tickets? Was your name printed on them in the upper left corner. I had a name on them that wasn't mine and I thought I might have been changed out. But I did see my envelope and those were the tickets that came out of them, so I'm figuring the name was an architix ID from whatever box office employee printed them out.
  • Options
    jeffgqjeffgq Troy, 'Bama Posts: 97
    i was less than impressed with my WPB seats. granted, i have 278xxx, but i was way on the left side section, last row (first teir of seats). not that bad, but i had better tickets on 2003 when i was a member for only two months!

looking back i wish i would have logged on at 10:00am to see what i could get thru ticketmaster. im thinking i could've got center section seats. what a crock! just for kicks and games i wish i would have tried to at least see what tix i could get thru ticketbastard. but i figured i would have gotten kill seats thru the 10c.

also, i do think your WAY better off getting there at 2pm right when the window opens. thats what i did in '03. this tour i got there about an hour before showtime. you do the math.

and an intersting post script. i got 5th row center in '04 in kissimmee for the moveon tour, thru, you guessed it, ticketmaster!
    August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
    April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
    October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
    June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
    November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
    April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
    August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Another interesting twist that we should all think of. Remember at the start of this tour and when the tickets were available for sale through the 10C, they did something that hasnt been done before. They said this tour would be different in that some people with higher numbers would possibly be seated closer than older members. I could be way off, but maybe this was implemented to avoid any ticket swap instances. It's easy to give the answer, well you were in the back this time due to the new ticket system.
    Who knows.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    jeffgq wrote:
    i was less than impressed with my WPB seats. granted, i have 278xxx, but i was way on the left side section, last row (first teir of seats). not that bad, but i had better tickets on 2003 when i was a member for only two months!

looking back i wish i would have logged on at 10:00am to see what i could get thru ticketmaster. im thinking i could've got center section seats. what a crock! just for kicks and games i wish i would have tried to at least see what tix i could get thru ticketbastard. but i figured i would have gotten kill seats thru the 10c.

also, i do think your WAY better off getting there at 2pm right when the window opens. thats what i did in '03. this tour i got there about an hour before showtime. you do the math.

and an intersting post script. i got 5th row center in '04 in kissimmee for the moveon tour, thru, you guessed it, ticketmaster!

I think it has to do more with the ticket industry changing a lot in the past five years ... many venues save a good chunk of the best seats for season ticket holders and coroporate subscribers ... leaving fewer of the prime seats for the fan clubs.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I think it has to do more with the ticket industry changing a lot in the past five years ... many venues save a good chunk of the best seats for season ticket holders and coroporate subscribers ... leaving fewer of the prime seats for the fan clubs.

your probably right. that kissimmee show was in a fricken rodeo arena. not a lot of season/corporate tickets goin on there like cruzan amp. in west palm
    November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
  • Options
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Another interesting twist that we should all think of. Remember at the start of this tour and when the tickets were available for sale through the 10C, they did something that hasnt been done before. They said this tour would be different in that some people with higher numbers would possibly be seated closer than older members. I could be way off, but maybe this was implemented to avoid any ticket swap instances. It's easy to give the answer, well you were in the back this time due to the new ticket system.
    Who knows.

i dont remember reading that deal..just that the lottery would help people with higher #'s a chance at 1-2, 9-10 rows
  • Options
    jeffgq wrote:
    i dont remember reading that deal..just that the lottery would help people with higher #'s a chance at 1-2, 9-10 rows

Where do you think the people who would have normally gotten 1-2, 9-10 were going to go? ;) Obviously they would be pushed back by 2-4 rows. But I don't think anyone would think that they would get kicked to the curb like the fans in these reports. Its not right. I am sure that 10C is doing the best they can to manage this situation.

I am hoping for the best in Mansfield, but those are such huge fan club shows. We always end up pretty far back with 166XXX. I already won the lottery in WPB, so I can't complain. I'm spoiled now though!
    166XXX, Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising... NY 9/28/96:Toronto 8/22/98:MA 9/15/98:MA 9/16/98:MA 8/29/00:MA 8/30/00:Vegas 10/22/00: San Fran 6/01/03:Vegas 6/06/03:MA 7/02/03:MA 7/03/03:MA 7/11/03:MA 9/28/04:MA 9/29/04: WPB 6/11/08(Lottery ROW 1 CTR):Tampa 6/12/08: MA 6/29/08: MA 6/30/08: MA 05/18/10, 2012: Amsterdam & Arras
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    wtf can they do? do you honestly think they have extra tix lying around to give out?

Yes! They do. They are given tickets for friends family and associates. Do you honestly think that if the 10C saw an old buddy at the town they were playing in that they wouldn't be able to get them in? There's always a ticket and 10C has the best chance of getting them. Duh!
  • Options
    PinstrpsPinstrps Posts: 109
    Maybe an easy solution would be for the 10C to put the tix in sealed envelopes? But it would have to be someone from the 10C that does this and not trust anyone from the ticket window to handle the tickets...all they would do is handle the sealed envelopes.
    Hmm I guess a person from the venue could go and open all the envelopes, switch the tix and then just put other tix in another envelope.....well it looks like maybe the tix should be mailed to the buyers instead?
  • Options
    smokenatreesmokenatree Posts: 100
    I want to say I feel horrible for the people if their front row tix were robbed because it is f-ing bs. My # is 255*** and my seats in sc and va beach were where they should have been because I did not win the lottery, it was all done legit with my tickets. However, before reading about these switches and stuff (just today I read about it) I saw something weird at va beach. The person in front of me on the will call window for the ten club was giving the person delivering the ten club tickets cash which I thought was weird. Was it a bribe for better tickets? I don't know! I thought it was weird at the time and the dude took ten minutes to get his pair yet it took a minute for me, I thought it was weird but I shrugged it off. Now after Im reading about this bs, I am starting to put 2 and 2 together. i don't know why anyone would be handing a ticket person cash at a ten club will call window. Maybe ten club can help me answer this. I feel bad for all those who got screwed by unscrupulous people! Enjoy the rest of the shows!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Who knows.

They never said that.... the said that seniors who usually sit on the first rows or 9th or 10th would not be there because those would be lottery rows but that meant they would be pushed 1 row or 2 rows back at the most but definately not pushed all the way up to the boonies!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    never got an offical answer on this eh?
  • Options
    my tickets were not given to me in an envelope for the tampa show. They handed me the tickets and then had me sign the envelope. My number is 189xxx and I was in row 20 floor 2. I chalked it up to being pushed back 4 rows for the lottery, but I do think something was up.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    my tickets were not given to me in an envelope for the tampa show. They handed me the tickets and then had me sign the envelope. My number is 189xxx and I was in row 20 floor 2. I chalked it up to being pushed back 4 rows for the lottery, but I do think something was up.

nah.. that's about right. my # is 187*** and i was row 19 floor 3. and i was sitting next to the same person that i was in wpb...so his number must have been that close to mine.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    jtyke22 wrote:
    I think this would be a reasonably cost/time effective solution...

1. Print 10c members name and number on the tickets.
    2. Post signs throughout the venue warning "customers" that purchasing
    tickets from scalpers should be done at their own risk and may lead to
    an ejection from the venue without a refund.
    3. Have one 10c staffer at the ticket window to resolve any disputes.
    4. Have a master listing of all 10c members attending the show along with
    their pre-determined seat assignments to aid in solving disputes.
    5. If a dispute is found to be valid, have security escort the 10c member to
    their assigned seat. Eject the scumbag who bought the tickets from the
    scalper from the venue.
    6. When the scumbag bitches to security about paying $500 bucks to a
    scalper for the tickets, have him kindly refer to the signs in (2).

While it sucks that measures like these even need to be discussed, I think they would be fairly easy to institute.

I agree... that seems pretty foolproof.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    That does not really work, as any such warning would likely come subsequent to purchasing the tickets from a broker.
    well the warning could be printed on the tickets then.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    But if there is no one there from 10club to enforce things in the booth what is gonna happen. I mean say you open your envelope and they are regular tickets. Assuming your tickets are long gone, unless the person who took them admits taking them all it is going to do is confirm what you would already know when you see your seat is the back of the arena. I mean it is not like the cops are going to show up and dust your tickets for fingerprints or interrogate the people in the booth. I mean surely more then one person in the booth handles the tickets, so all anyone has to do is deny taking them. And in the end you are still stuck without your tickets.
    well whoever ended up with your tickets is in your seat ;) should be pretty easy to find them really! Just kick them out.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    exactly

this board borders on that issue all the time

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5570037&postcount=100
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Hold OnHold On Posts: 80
    Something similar happened in Virginia Beach to people with around the same ten club numbers. They thought that perhaps their "normal" seats would have been 9th or 10th rows, but they got bumped by the lotter people, and the 10 club forgot to bump them back a row, so instead they ended up in the LAST row corner in front of the lawn section. It seems the same thing might have happened here again. Somebody forgot to bump the people who would normally be in rows 9 and 10 back two rows, and then said...OOPS...let's give them whatever we have left.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    well whoever ended up with your tickets is in your seat ;) should be pretty easy to find them really! Just kick them out.

That would kind of suck for the guy who bought the tickets, especially if he is two or three people removed from the person who actually sold the tickets. Especially if he bought them in a location where ticket resale is perfectly legal. Plus it does nothing to punish the person in the box office who actually stole the tickets.
  • Options
    Hold OnHold On Posts: 80
    Hmmm. I just saw another thread from somebody in Camden. Ten Club #164XXX who ended up in the last row. They too were probably originally slated for row 9 or 10 and got bumped to the back by the lottery.
  • Options
    That would kind of suck for the guy who bought the tickets, especially if he is two or three people removed from the person who actually sold the tickets. Especially if he bought them in a location where ticket resale is perfectly legal. Plus it does nothing to punish the person in the box office who actually stole the tickets.
    Of course it would suck... and if ticket resale is legal it's still a risk you take. Make sure you know EXACTLY where your tickets come from if you buy them third party... point is... those people are in YOUR seats, like it or not. If ya wanna be charitable... give them the shitty tickets that you would be stuck with so they can stay inside.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Of course it would suck... and if ticket resale is legal it's still a risk you take. Make sure you know EXACTLY where your tickets come from if you buy them third party... point is... those people are in YOUR seats, like it or not. If ya wanna be charitable... give them the shitty tickets that you would be stuck with so they can stay inside.

But it is not the person who bought the tickets fault that he is in your seat. It is the fault of the person who stole them and to a lesser extent the fault of the lax security that allows people working in ticket booths the opportunity to steal tickets. The guy who stole the tickets is getting off scot free, and with a bunch of money. I would much rather see efford made stopping these people rather than busting the poor slob who spent a bunch of money.