Options

Inside Job: 10C Tickets Stolen at box office in Tampa?

nadja_veddernadja_vedder Posts: 291
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Hello everyone, I have read this discussion at the touringfans.net forum website, and I am posting this here because I beleive that everyone should be aware of what happened to Blythewood and he wanted people to be aware as well. Please fell free to check the original discussion at http://touringfans.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2056760%3ATopic%3A4742&x=1&page=1

Posted by Blythewood on June 14, 2008 at 7:56pm
Is it me or should I have been a little closer than the 5th floor clublevel? I think I probably won the lottery and some lowlife scum inside the box office stole my tickets and sold them. Check out my Tampa Show in the seat tracker. I was so pisssed I left the show early. Been in the fan club since 96. I tried to buy other tickets or speak to someone at the ticket counter but was left with nothing. Here is a picture that I took right before I left. http://api.ning.com/files/42Cwvdo27VGt02Hb6aTOGFDBuZ1snbg4wvvWpIKkCSc9btdhAMiV-NscQB3xIP7I1zKUlYlKpGEcouF68mAhwZTVT8sR4H9f/crapseats.JPG

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by kylewilliam on June 17, 2008 at 11:03am
Ouch. that is certainly not a 10C ticket. Did you write to 10C ?

Reply by Blythewood on June 17, 2008 at 11:52am
Yes, they were very nice but didn't refund my money. What do you think should happen? Is a refund too much to ask or is it a legitimate request? My letter is below:

Hi,
I have sent several emails to individuals and just ran across this address. If you are getting multiple emails I apologize but I am so annoyed with what happened to me I just can't go without some resolution. I am from Columbia SC, have been a member since 1996 and have always appreciated what you have done for the fans of the band. I'm not much of a complainer but after driving 1400 miles to go see my favorite band I feel empty and violated and want someone to find out what happened and who is responsible. My number is 142xxx.

I went to pick up my tickets at the Fan Club window. An older black gentleman gave me my tickets after shuffling around for a few minutes. I never thought anything suspicious was happening until the next day. I ended up with tickets in the "Cannon" suite. My tickets read Sec: "Cannon" Row: GA2 Seat:33,34 which ended being across the arena on the 5th floor. After it sunk in that there was no way I could identify who was on stage I returned to the ticket window to seek better tickets then returned to the Fan Club window where I was told that there was "nothing that they could do, sorry". There is really no way to fix what has happened but I want to make sure that it never happens to anyone ever again. I ended up trying to sneak around to better vacant seats but security was doing there job and I don't believe there was an empty seat anywhere. After an hour or so of frustration and lack of a "home base" I called it quits and left the venue prior to the 1st encore. I feel so violated and cheated and I hope that you understand what it took for me to walk out of that arena. I would really like to have my money refunded. I believe that it was an "Inside Job" at the ticket window and they should be held responsible. I will be happy to speak to anyone over the phone, by email or even face to face. I live in Columbia will to speak to someone in person so that they see I am not dishonest or trying to get something for nothing. Again I apologize if I am sending multiple emails to the same individual but once again...I can't let this go to the wayside. My number is and I will be available at any time of day or evening except for Monday between 9am-11am.

PS Thanks for booking a show in Columbia SC!! 3rd time PJ has played in our state and everyone is excited.

Response

Your situation seems very suspicious and we deeply apologize for the experience. I was present at the time the tickets were allocated for the show and I am quite certain none of the fan club tickets were in the “Cannon” section. It is quite a shame that the tickets were switched out and we will do our best to secure these tickets for all fan club members in the future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and again, we apologize dearly for the situation.

Thanks
10club
"makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Wait he thinks his tix were swapped and given to someone else?

fucked up.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,286
    WOW!!!! That is fucked up!!!! 10c needs to keep the tix for the first two rows under lock and key. I can't believe that shit. My number is almost exactly the same as his, also joined in 96 and i have always had great seats. I will flip a gasket next week at MSG if i open my envelope and i'm in the nosebleed. I hope 10c really takes care of this poor dude.
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    Something funny was going on in Tampa. My brother went to pick up his tickets and they "couldn't find them". After about 25 minutes of waiting finally a woman showed up, I believe she was from 10C, but I don't know for sure. She went in the back and came out with 2 tickets. They weren't in an envelope with his name on it, and they were in the same section as my seats but about 15 rows behind my seats. His number is in the 130,000's and mine is 189xxx. Nobody there could give us any explanation. We didn't make too big of a deal because his seats were not nearly where they should have been, but they weren't terrible, and we wanted to get inside to make sure we got a poster. I don't know if it was the same guy in the OP's story but we saw a guy with a 140xxx number say his seats were in the 2nd level. Something was definitely wrong that day.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693

fucked up.

Sure is. But if I had to choose what's most fucked up about this I'd pick "they leave the venue before the first encore because they felt violated they switched their seats"

Especially after a main set like Columbia. Come on now.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options

fucked up.
    I'm thinking that someone took them out of the envelope and replaced them with available tix at the time. And then maybe scalped them or hooked up a buddy. Unfucking belivable though regardless....
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    Something funny was going on in Tampa. My brother went to pick up his tickets and they "couldn't find them". After about 25 minutes of waiting finally a woman showed up, I believe she was from 10C, but I don't know for sure. She went in the back and came out with 2 tickets. They weren't in an envelope with his name on it, and they were in the same section as my seats but about 15 rows behind my seats. His number is in the 130,000's and mine is 189xxx. Nobody there could give us any explanation. We didn't make too big of a deal because his seats were not nearly where they should have been, but they weren't terrible, and we wanted to get inside to make sure we got a poster. I don't know if it was the same guy in the OP's story but we saw a guy with a 140xxx number say his seats were in the 2nd level. Something was definitely wrong that day.
    Jesus Christ!! WTF is going on?? Has there been any probs at the other shows or is this just an isolated situation with some bad apples at the venue?? I'm starting to get nervous about next week's shows i'm going to at MSG.
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    mr bungle wrote:
    Jesus Christ!! WTF is going on?? Has there been any probs at the other shows or is this just an isolated situation with some bad apples at the venue?? I'm starting to get nervous about next week's shows i'm going to at MSG.

I didn't think much of it until reading this guys story. I just thought it was a mistake. Now, I'm thinkin my brother could have won the lottery and We could have been in the 1st or 2nd row and some fuck robbed us.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    For the 3 shows I went to in 06, I clearly remember the tickets being kept in a white envelope. I think it's actually better to get there early to pick them up as opposed to closer to the show. There is more chance of a ticket switch when the lines are shorter. Still very unfortunate.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    It seems like he should have been able to talk to someone at the 10 Club at the window ... who could have said, "Hold on, there are no fan club seats in the Cannon level."

weird.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    YEah, I probably wouldn't have left the show early....but that is fucked up.

At least the 10C responded and confirmed his suspicions.
  • Options
    Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Sounds like Tim Donaghy is running the box office for the 10C.

That's fucked up man.
  • Options
    obiwon76 wrote:
    For the 3 shows I went to in 06, I clearly remember the tickets being kept in a white envelope. I think it's actually better to get there early to pick them up as opposed to closer to the show. There is more chance of a ticket switch when the lines are shorter. Still very unfortunate.
    Yep and the white envelope always has your name and 10c#. I'm really upset about this and i don't think its the clubs fault.
  • Options
    I responded to this in the GTF forum. But now I'm starting to get worried. Last tour there weren't 10club staff at the window, which was a major problem when my tix got fucked up. I can not handle another fuck up this tour. Thought they were going to fix it & have 10club peeps passin em out??
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I hope some day the TC makes it up to you. They have always righted wrongs in the past when possible. Sorry your experience sucked, been there too. Hard to change the bad taste left in your mouth
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I am now kind of scared about my tickets... :(

This is really a terrible situation... I don't trust venue staff at ALL.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    very suspicious, esp as I know how Corporate Boxes work -- "they" usually get first dibs on using their box for all events at the venue, so if Cannon didn't show then those seats could be sold off. Just sayin, those were prolly the ONLY extra seats lyin around!

wonder if the whole box was public or if he was hangin with Cannon folks.... that'd be a clue perhaps?

(Yeah, I passed on the $400 price tag for The Stones in the Luxury Box at Pac Bell Park, but if PJ every plays Pac Bell!!! er, ok, AT&T Park..... oh wait, that's right, i'm an idiot, PJ OPENED! heheheh)

that really blows, seems like 10C could check the lottery records and set the record straight?
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    I am shocked that TenC gave such a limited and short response. I would imagine that they would offer something more than an apology and write it off. But maybe I am missing something in it all. Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    I should not even reply to this bad karma of a thread!!!! Sorry dude, that REALLY SUCKS, but I've convinced myself I'm winning the lottery!!! This story can not bring me down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you all in the front row!!!
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    I am gonna catch shit for saying this... but I like how Radio Head does thier tickets. I got a email this week telling me where my seats will be for the Hollywood bowl in August.... Plus they mail the tickets...

I know all this has been said before...
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    something similar happened to me during the EV tour - but i just kind of nodded it off because the venues were small anyway - but -

All the tix i bought through 10C except my Berk2 tix. All the 10c tix say something on the actual tickets that refer to 10c, or presale info, etc. am i correct? My point is that the regular ticketmaster tix dont say anything except some random numbers or letters in the corner. Well, the tix i got in SD were all the way in the back, last row in the corner - and those were the ones that looked like reg tickmaster ones. I suspected it that day, but shook it off as i was just happy to be there.

I dont care about getting a refund or anything like that, but this crap has to not happen to anyone again. I've also noticed 10c envelopes dont come sealed at the will-call? I know they must double check them or something, but sealing them will at least make it a little tamper proof.
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    PoorWiggumPoorWiggum Posts: 18
    'an older black gentleman'....

Would the poster had mentioned race if the 'older gentleman' was white? Fucked up.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    PoorWiggum wrote:

Would the poster had mentioned race if the 'older gentleman' was white? Fucked up.

Lol. Maybe he was just trying to give a vague description. But i get what youre saying, it may be the way he worded it - kind of insinuates certain racial profiles.
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    T'd keep people from going through the envelopes and finding the good tickets.

Maybe?
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,747
    PoorWiggum wrote:

he was just mentioning who helped him. stop trying to make it about race. what a joke.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    this seems to be a serious problem that must me addressed....truly not right im sorry for those of you who got fucked over like that
  • Options
    soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    That truly sucks. I was in columbia, 138xxx, 8th row. It was venue staff giving out tix, not 10c, and envelopes were not sealed.....don't know what 10c could do other than hook him up big time if he was going to another show.

(lol, but did that original post say he drove 1400 miles and lived in columbia?)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Venue staff in Tampa also...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    this is fucking bullshit and 10c needs to remedy this with the quickness to avoid future fucking of the fans!!
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    he was just mentioning who helped him. stop trying to make it about race. what a joke.

Agreed.
  • Options
    ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    I still think they should just Fedex the tickets. I understand some tickets would be scalped but if it's only sent out a few days before it would limited the places they could be sold. Most sites stop listing tickets for sale a few days before the event.
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa