best NFL QB ever!!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    An absolutely unnecessary BUMP of a bad thread
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    talk about a great QB with no one around him, thats Dan Marino, never once in his career did he have a decent running back to take pressure off his receivers and he still had just about every record available at the time
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    schmoff wrote:
    talk about a great QB with no one around him, thats Dan Marino, never once in his career did he have a decent running back to take pressure off his receivers and he still had just about every record available at the time

The toolbox never won a superbowl thought.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Right, Hes def one of the best, you cant put him at the top because he didnt win the Super Bowl. Now thats not entirley his fault, but in most cases you have to win a Super Bowl to be considered in the greatest. Elway def took advantage of the help he had missing for most his career and won 2 straight. Not to say Marino wouldnt have won if had more help, he prob would have, but it didnt happen. Thats why these discussions can be stupid.

In many cases a superbowl quarterback is the glue that allows players to work together to become a superbowl winning team. I mean look what Tom Brady did in the past (I hate him by the way). He didn't have many weapons and took his team to the superbowl. I am sorry, but Marino just couldn't do it. By the way, I am not talking about this past year when he had every fucken kind of weapon imaginable available to him.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Big ben
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    schmoff wrote:

had this discussion this morning with a huge Dolphin's fan. I agree with you on this one.