Options

best NFL QB ever!!!!

Comments

• Options
    manning. eli.

can't find a better manning....

it's not as clever as it sounds. trust me. ;)

i think my signature says it all (not the part where i'm looking for a singer for my crappy band).
  • Options
    pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    Today's critics are quick to say that Brady is Light Years ahead of everyone, but Nothing (is) As It Seems. Brady is having a great year, but he plays on maybe the best team ever. And he is as much a reason for that as the team is a reason for his great play. Brady makes few mistakes, but the TDs he throws are usually an easy toss and/or a great play by his receiver (usually Moss). But if we're talking Of The Girl(s) Brady probably wins out.

Skill-wise, I'd take his Rival, Peyton Manning every time. But we won't Soon Forget about either of them.

Clearly too early to consider him as an all time great, but another QB who was once Unemployable, Tony Romo, is having a terrific year and career so far. I'm watching the Thursday Nigher right now and Aaron Rodgers is in for the injured Favre, and he's just completed 7 straight passes, not bad for a Nothingman. 8 in a row now.

Marino, Brady, Manning, Favre, Bradshaw, Young and Johnny U all deserve mention. But the all time Betterman is Joe Montana. The Brain of J(oe) plus his raw ability is unmatched by anyone. Remember All Those Yesterdays and all those Super Bowls?

That was fun, Thanks for Reading. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Cob wrote:
    John Unitas
    Yes indeed, John walked "The Long Road" indeed.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    REX GROSSMAN = nothingMAN, betterMAN

Seriously though.....I'd probably have to go with Montana

When ya got no QB ya gotta have a Hester.

GO BEARS!!!
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Easy Favre
    Done way more with less talent
    Super Bowls are the not sole factor; remember this is a team game

Oooo that helmet felt goooood!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    Aaron Rodgers??
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    Marino
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Aaron Rodgers??

HA - they looked better with him in there - played within the system.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    ya know i'm pretty good myself
    peace
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Solat13 wrote:
    No one ever mentions him, but Terry Bradshaw was the first qb to win 4 Super Bowls and did so calling his own plays. He was one of the last qbs to do that before those duties were assumed by offensive coordinators and head coaches.
    Bradshaw is definitly in my top 3 or 4.

The point was brought up...and a good point...I think it should be looked at as who you want leading your team rather than stats and all that BS.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    we're watching him in New England righ tnow. And don't give me the "he's good because he has Moss". Moss made Culpepper good, but Brady won three titles with NOBODY to throw too.
    Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    smg9779 wrote:
    When comparing quaterbacks the question should not be "Who is the best?" it should be "Your team is in the Super Bowl, who do you want taking the snaps?"

The answer for me and any level headed football fan should be Joe Montana. 4 Super Bowls, 4 Super Bowl wins, 0 interceptions. The guy was just a winner, plain and simple.

Would anyone seriously pick Elway, Favre or Manning or anybody over Montana in this scenario?

Yea I would pick Brady.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    derek anderson. binaural rules
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    mfc22mfc22 Posts: 106
    like michael vick i have a dog...

in all seriousness, it would have to be steve young
    ...if she's gone i can't go on feelin' 2 foot small...
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    spryguy09 wrote:
    we're watching him in New England righ tnow. And don't give me the "he's good because he has Moss". Moss made Culpepper good, but Brady won three titles with NOBODY to throw too.
    Nobody to throw too?? Come on.
    Terry Glenn
    Troy Brown
    Deion Branch
    Corey Dillion
    Kevin Faulk

Not the best of the best but a lot better than your average targets to throw too.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    "The waiting drove me mad", but Peyton finally won a SuperBowl.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Terry Glenn
    Troy Brown
    Deion Branch
    Corey Dillion
    Kevin Faulk

Not the best of the best but a lot better than your average targets to throw too.

I think if McNabb didn't get hurt last season he could have been one of the best quarterbacks of all time. He was the MVP until he got hurt midyear and the man has never had a decent group of recievers to throw to (minus the year TO played for them and had like 15 TDs). Seriously though McNabb was great and never will be the same again its a shame. I mean he used to make it to the NFC championship game like every year throwing the ball to Fredie Mitchel I mean come on he sucks.

P.S. Did anyone see TO eat popcorn last night holy shit I laughed my ass off.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Terry Glenn
    Troy Brown
    Deion Branch
    Corey Dillion
    Kevin Faulk

Sorry buddy but your number one guy Terry Glenn played (4) games with Tom Brady and then got hurt.

Corey Dillion had about 45 receptions in 3 years with the Pats.

Faulk has been a target for years becaue the Pats were so weak at WR.

Brown and Branch are slightly above average at best.
  • Options
    Favre.

Zero weapons his whole career.
    Brown and Branch are slightly above average at best.
    Give me a superbowl MVP any day.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Favre.

Give me a superbowl MVP any day.

branch has been great since he left the Pats.....

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    Favre.

Zero??
    Sterling Sharpe was not a weapon?
    Robert Brooks not a weapon?
    Antonio Freeman was not a weapon?
    C'mon.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Warren Moon for all out arm strength. Too bad he couldn't have spent his whole time down south. He would have crushed all the records.

Edit: PJ related: He was in hiding in the CFL as our little gift from Washington State.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Zero??
    C'mon.

Lets not forget Donald Driver and Javon Walker.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    i've had people actually hate me for what i'm about to say lol.

football sucks
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    I like the Warren Moon shoutout...he even did it in a werid system, and almost took an inferior team to the Super Bowl by dominating the Bills then watching as his defense fell apart and coach didn't let him play AND the Bills run out of bounds twice then back in to catch TDs AND Darryl Talley raking a receiver on a pick in OT.

Anyway maybe I'm old now (I'm a cowboy fan), but Joe Montana never made me think my team could beat him, even on his worst days...until he got old. Maybe his legend precees him though. Brady is great, but he's never done anything more than drive his team to the 30 for Vinatieri to kick figgies, and was part of the greatest conspiracy known to man "The Tuck Rule" which in my prior 18 years of watching football I had never EVER seen, but I think the owners and players all wanted to F-over Al Davis and claimed it's always been in the rule book even though it was never called until a key play in the playoffs. Anyway if Vin wasn't clutch and John Kasey doesn't yank kickoffs, Brady may not even be in this conversation he could be a guy with 1 super bowl, a collasally bad game in the playoffs with a pick 6 (that wasn't) against the Broncs, and a fumble on a late drive against the Raiders. Kind of funny how history plays out. Great this year though.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Zero??
    C'mon.
    driver and walker are not weapons either. No, they are not. Sharpe is about the only one.

ask your casual fan who Troy Aikman threw to, or Montana, or Elway, or Young, or Theisman even, or Esisan, etc, and you will get answers. Ask who Favre had at WR during his career and you will get a blank stare. ask who favre had a RB and you will also get blank stares. this dude carried his teams by himself by making plays. everyone doesnt say this shit because it cool or trendy or they have man crushes on the guy, they say it because its true.

At the end of the day, the only guy on your list that was anything is Sharpe. Too bad he hurt his neck. He would have been one of the best probably. Given the top receivers of all the other guys mentioned in this thread, you gonna pick any of these guys over the top receivers of the others? Come on now, thats just silly. Branch has been hurt in Seattle by the way.

These guys that Favre has been throwing to arent even the top guys in the game today. They fall to about 15-20 on the list of top receivers, and thats being nice.

Favre tossed all his TD to nobodys. Imagine if the Pack did get Moss. Holy shit. Farve would have 50 TD already.

The same can definately be said for Brady. He will eventually be the best ever, but at the moment, its Favre. Besides, who the hell doesnt root for this guy.

And you cant argue that championships make you a great QB. its just not true. Great teams with the superbowl. Difer is the prime example of this.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    driver and walker are not weapons either. No, they are not. Sharpe is about the only one.

ask quote]

You crack me up - pro bowl receivers(Sharpe, Driver, Walker, Freeman) don't count

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    kevkev Posts: 68
    shit boys....this is easy....carson palmer....
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Doug Flutie, and grab a box of Fluties Flakes to.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    Favre's WR through out his time in the NFL were WAY better than Elway's, Montana and Aikman had good WR's and TE's usually. But come on Elway didn't have much, I don't know how old some of you people are but I'm in my late 30's and I can remember Elway taking his team to the Super Bowl 3 times in the 80's with teams that had NO REASON being there.

They always got crushed, but he single handedly lead them there, the joke used to be "How many Broncos does it take to change a tire, one, unless it's a blow out, then the whole team shows up." So spare me your poor "Frave has had a bunch of nobodys to throw to." I suppose all these pro bowl apperances don't mean anything.

PRO BOWL

1992,93,94 Sharpe WR
    95 Chumura TE
    96 Keith Jackson TE
    97 Cumura TE
    98 Antonio Freeman WR
    01 Bubba Franks TE
    02 Donald Driver WR, Franks TE
    03 Franks TE
    04 Javon Walker WR
    06 Driver WR
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000