Options

RIOT ACT (why it sucks ) ANDITDOES

13»

Comments

• Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    alright kids let me break it down for you, firstly if you say that someone isnt a true fan if they dont like a portion of an artists catalogue and you are over 21 just go kill yourself (or at least have your gonads removed before you start to breed). secondly Riot Act does indeed suck and the reson it sucks is not the songs nor the production But is in fact the keys and vocal stylings of eddie he is either singing in a key that is way the fuck out of his range (lve boat captain) or he is not even singing at all (thumbing my way) >>I suspect, and this is only a theory that it was indeed intentional. it was a very raw sounding record and i suspect he figured singing in that manner was his "raw style" . this, i believe is evidenced by that last song.. Go and listen to what he does on the last verse of the last song >>>>HE STARTS TO SING!!!!! ,which I read as a little ,wink wink nudge nudge to everybody(its just too bad he didnt do that on the entire album!!!) ok ,kids , now youve learned your lesson for the day, now go and run along to the sand box but be sure to be back before the street lights come on!!
    Thanks for the lesson Grandpa, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. It looks like you need a lesson in spelling, so sounding intelligent, I don't think so. Everyone one has a right to an opinion, go kill yourself, wtf is that, that sounds pretty immature to me. And yes my opinion is that if you think that Riot Act sucks you are not a true and dedicated fan, more like a casual fan. That is just my opinion and you have yours. If you think Riot Act sucks maybe you are hearing the album and not listening to it.
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    i cant even venture a guess as to what you mean by that. i suspect you come on this site for that same reasons we all do. to discuss a group you love with people who love them as well. conversations get a bit stilted when the topic becomes " your favorite 3rd song on a concert from 2001 when stone was wearing a blue shirt and white sneakers" or whatever.. keeping the conversation interesting , insinuating a little provocation even at the risk of alienating a little.. well i guess if you call what being the key word well i can live with that.
  • Options
    bacojbacoj Posts: 120
    i cant even venture a guess as to what you mean by that. i suspect you come on this site for that same reasons we all do. to discuss a group you love with people who love them as well. conversations get a bit stilted when the topic becomes " your favorite 3rd song on a concert from 2001 when stone was wearing a blue shirt and white sneakers" or whatever.. keeping the conversation interesting , insinuating a little provocation even at the risk of alienating a little.. well i guess if you call what being the key word well i can live with that.

I think telling people to go kill themselves is a little more than "a little provocation" or "interesting".
    mmmmm, it does go well with the chicken.....delicious again peter

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    and you would be right for if they are thinking along those lines it would be a moral imperative which is tres gravie
  • Options
    and you would be right for if they are thinking along those lines it would be a moral imperative which is tres gravie

Are you a lawyer, from France or both?

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    i'll just pile it on a little, but first i'll say that i like Green Disease, Cant Keep and Half Full.

the rest sucks, but its not all Ed's fault. The guitar parts on this album are some the weakest, most generic, moderate rock, adult contemporary shit Mike ever played.

he needs to lose the dye job.

But you cant have emotional power chrds on every album, I appreciated what they did there, and it made avocqado and lost dogs sound even better.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    alright kids let me break it down for you, firstly if you say that someone isnt a true fan if they dont like a portion of an artists catalogue and you are over 21 just go kill yourself (or at least have your gonads removed before you start to breed). secondly Riot Act does indeed suck and the reson it sucks is not the songs nor the production But is in fact the keys and vocal stylings of eddie he is either singing in a key that is way the fuck out of his range (lve boat captain) or he is not even singing at all (thumbing my way) >>I suspect, and this is only a theory that it was indeed intentional. it was a very raw sounding record and i suspect he figured singing in that manner was his "raw style" . this, i believe is evidenced by that last song.. Go and listen to what he does on the last verse of the last song >>>>HE STARTS TO SING!!!!! ,which I read as a little ,wink wink nudge nudge to everybody(its just too bad he didnt do that on the entire album!!!) ok ,kids , now youve learned your lesson for the day, now go and run along to the sand box but be sure to be back before the street lights come on!!

1 Why would it bother you how someone gaged you fanship and loyalty. You obviously were looking for bad press with all you silly ass posts, I mean there were at least 7 last night. Its all in good fun. But I ll tell you this if you want me to read your info and accept it as credible, lay off the nasty putdowns, its fucking music. Everyone isnt going to like it.

2 dont put yourself on a pedestal like you are teaching people how they like to listen to music.
    How can anyone comment on how Ed sung lbc, it was a tribute song to something that is very serious, if you are as enlightened as you say go read, Eds interview on how he actually felt at roskilde.
    It had a lot to do with a boat and rescue team. So obviously his measage is sung in a key he wanted too. Alas Indeifferance, and immortality are also out of key, but they are somehow light years above all or none. Lowlight and light years are also out of key, so your point really becaomes less than scripture./

3 It doesnt take a genious to realize what I stated in an earlier thread that obviously was overlooked.
    Stone and Mike were what was vastly differant, they did more garage rock generic standard solos. The only spot on the album they even come close to their normal standard is in the last seconds of half full.
    This turned alot of diehards away. I als can understand that. I dont need to have my heart ripped out of my chest on every album I listen too. The breakdowns on riot act are weak, that is a fact, I just have no problem with that.

no more shows
  • Options
    bdgavin wrote:
    It's Bush League compared to PJ's other stuff...

The only good songs were I Am Mine, Save You, Green Disease, and Bushleaguer.

back away from the crack, son! my favorites off Riot Act are 1/2 Full and All Or None. actually i think All Or None is one of the band's most underrated songs from their latter era.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    bacoj wrote:
    I've got your back JJ. I think it's completely fair and within any fan's rights to be critical of PJ's work. To say you don't like an album or maybe put it last on your list is an honest, objective opinion. Further, to say that an album sucks or you hate it is also a rightful opinion. But when you voice your opinion in such a harsh way and in such a negative manner it does call into question your true, bottomline level of fanhood. Wouldn't you defend Riot Act when being totally slammed by a fair-weather PJ fan or anyone else for that matter? I think what JJstarr was trying to say was that there's beauty in every PJ record and the most dedicated and hard-core PJ fans will have no trouble finding it. The fair-weather fans or more critical ones will be much quicker to point out a PJ record that has "bad songs" or to dump on it completely and say "it sucks".
    good description of decent fanhood. Why hate anything in life.

no more shows
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    Worst THREAD ever?

or

Worst Thread EVER?

nope, it's the WORST thread ever!
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    eddie didnt show up to play .(emphasis on the period! {emphasis on the exclamation point})

You're entitled to your horrible opinion I suppose. It's not your fault that you don't have the ability to perceive correctly.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    But you cant have emotional power chrds on every album, I appreciated what they did there, and it made avocqado and lost dogs sound even better.
    i guess thats one way of looking at it. :)
  • Options
    you trying to sound intelligent = you not sounding intelligent (5$)

you trying to be funny = not funny (10$)

now get off of your daddys computer b4 he gets home and you get in trouble for hanging out in a "big Kids" place. (priceless)

the very fact that you accuse me of sounding intelligent leads me to believe that my words struck you as intelligent (N'EST PAS!!) the same with being funny ,, so , when all is said and done, thanks for the compliment,(your inferiority is my nector and ambrosia)

You back yourself into corners and spew stuff out of textbooks that pertains to nothing that was said.
    You obviously have 0 respect for us in general, why fill the room up with us if you feel that way.
    Seriously.

no more shows
  • Options
    jjstarr wrote:
    Thanks for the lesson Grandpa, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. It looks like you need a lesson in spelling, so sounding intelligent, I don't think so. Everyone one has a right to an opinion, go kill yourself, wtf is that, that sounds pretty immature to me. And yes my opinion is that if you think that Riot Act sucks you are not a true and dedicated fan, more like a casual fan. That is just my opinion and you have yours. If you think Riot Act sucks maybe you are hearing the album and not listening to it.
    All this intelligance, I dont think so.
    We are sitting here on a measage board on friday, we are not the brightest bulbs in the store.
    But we are passionate fans, and we take ourselves to differant levels with music and enjoy the perception our brains make, obviously that is how the brain is supposed to work.

no more shows
  • Options
    bobleashbobleash Posts: 119
    Everone is to high on ten. Riot act is much better than ten. The avocado cd is also better than ten
  • Options
    bobleash wrote:
    Everone is to high on ten. Riot act is much better than ten. The avocado cd is also better than ten

Wow, much love for Riot Act! I don't have to agree with you but I do respect your opinion. Let's not turn this into the "Ten sucks" thread" though. I see a certain someone is no longer involved in this thread for the time being....hmmmmmm.

• Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    i guess thats one way of looking at it. :)
    I know alot of people who will listen to sabbath, van halen, dream theater or higher level guitar players over stuff like riot act. They listen to pj for their brighter moments whenthey are all on fire and jamming tight, like the breakdown in nais, type stuff, So riot act was useless to them. Some peopel want to see constant progression in music, riot act should have been done before no code, it may have fit better. It was alil late in their career for generic guitar. and differant keys to sing in.
    But some fans who listen to nothing but pj, take a more simple approach and suck it up for its awesome fill ins.
    The drums on riot act are great, kind of soungarden in some spots.

no more shows
  • Options
    bacoj wrote:
    Wow, much love for Riot Act! I don't have to agree with you but I do respect your opinion. Let's not turn this into the "Ten sucks" thread" though. I see a certain someone is no longer involved in this thread for the time being....hmmmmmm.

Ten was one of the greatest first albums to come out in the history of myusic. iTS RIGHT THERE WITH
    ZEP 1
    VH 1
    GNRS FIRST
    You cant take that title away from that album, I dont care if Ed puts out albums filled with polka songs.

no more shows
  • Options
    nope, it's the WORST thread ever!

WORSTEST thread EVER EVER.

This thread sucks at life.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    pjmaniacpjmaniac Posts: 45
    eddie didnt show up to play .(emphasis on the period! {emphasis on the exclamation point})

I think your opinion sucks. The whole album rocks! Not a big fan of Thumbing My Way, but the rest of the album is money!!
    8.29.00, 7.3.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 9.29.04, 9.28.05, 5.13.06, 5.24.06, 5.25.06, 6.27.08, 6.28, 6.30.08