Options

get ready for the first 10c-ticket bitchfest of 2008

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    lastexit78 wrote:
    Pre-sale passwords can have major issues. But there has to be something better than this. People including me don't have time in their working day to sit around hitting refresh over and over like some kind of mental case. For a band the loves to talk about justice their own ticket system is completely discriminatory. If your not lucky enough to have a job that allows you net access your essentially screwed. At least have these pre-sales on the weekend so maybe a Fire Fighter or School Teacher gets a fair shot. Also if the tickets are sold out then just say sold out! That's my main beef with this system. We all know there are not enough tickets to go around in these tiny venues. If the tickets sell out in 30 seconds just tell us. Don't string us out with this "Out of Stock/ In Stock" garbage.
    I understand your frustration. I was getting pretty flustered myself. But, having a background with large computing centers, I understand the constraints it places on a system. That's why I wasn't too worried when the system was 'Temporarily out Of Service'. That meant that if I wasn't getting in.. no one was getting in. I just kept querying the server until the boot process was completed and their application was back online (p.s. I hate java applications... they are a pain in the ass at work and they were a pain in the ass today).
    I don't know what the solution is. And yes.. I do have a lot of downtime here... I actually called in sick today, expecting this process to take up much of my time.
    As for pre-sale passwords. From what I have hear, professional scalpers offer guaranted tickets to members and upwards of 500 bucks for passwords. That is why it is tough to get tickets, even if you know the password. I'm guessing that there are more than one Fan Club members willing to take up on that offer... even if it means they are betraying the rest of us as well as the band's basic principles.
    Sorry for your experience.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    i wouldn't think you'd have a problem using ticketmaster.
    it's what they do.

and like them or not, agree with all the added charges or not....
    at least you know 99.9% of the time you are going to have your tickets
    in less than two minutes. no hassle, no nail-biting, no anxiety.

click, click....done. and thats the way it should be.

its almost not worth the stress of even trying for 10C tickets
    for small venues like this. i think it comes down to luck. or maybe
    the way the wind is blowing.

disappointing?? i think half the poor folks on this board refreshing until they're half blind are going to need a sedative before this day is over.

seeing vedder solo is a unique experience. i hope it works out.

fuck it....

kathy and i will go vacation somewhere else....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    fuck it....

kathy and i will go vacation somewhere else....

cincy?

:p
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
    I'm just plain fed up with this system.
    Can't anyone in the ten club PLEASE get a server that can handle the load's!
    I had tickets for 3 show's in my cart 3 different times and what happens,crashes again and again and again.

You know they will not listen to what we have to say about this.
    Things must change by the next full band onsale's begin.
    Why can't we send in postcards again? Anything but this cluster$#@&
    Tim,i know you are on here and will probably read this whole thread,so please do something about this.

I drive all day for work,so i had to take an hour and a half out of my day for nothing,and then drive another half hour back to where i left off where i was last at.All for nothing.
    Ticket onsales alway's seem to be on a monday or friday.Do know how inconvenienced that makes alot of ten clubber's?
    Why cant you put them onsale on a saturday or sunday.That way EVERYONE has a fair shot.I can't keep taking valuable day's off just to order tickets.
    It's bad enough that i need to take lot's of day's off so i can see the band when i want to.

And last time band ticket's were onsale for lot's of show's (2006),
    you only told us about a show here and a show there.
    How about releasing the whole tour,or at least the 1st leg,like you guy's used to?

I know i sound like an ungrateful bastard,but i think we deserve to be treated with a better fan club than what we are receiving nowdays.
    What the heck happened to the club tim?

PLEASE HELP US!!!
    73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    YES! Why don't they just tell me.... "you are a loser and you didn't get tickets." Instead they string you along so you waste precious time hoping for a miracle.

I can imagine the powers that be sitting behind computer screens laughing at all of us hitting refresh - refresh - refresh- refresh- refresh - refresh- refresh.....

The powers that be are probably laughing at the people who act as if they were forced at gun-point to keep hitting refresh!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    The powers that be are probably laughing at the people who act as if they were forced at gun-point to keep hitting refresh!

Not gun point, but an over whelming compulsion.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    that's all.

you said it!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    pj14pj14 Posts: 105
    I AGREE WITH YOU. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEND IN OUR MONEY THROUGH THE MAIL.YOU WANNA KNOW WHY CAUSE THE COMPUTER CRASHES AND NO ONE GETS TICKETS. IVE HAD THE SamE PROBLEM FIRST ONE AT THE 1000 SHOW AT HOB THEN THE VIC. ITS NOT FAIR. TEN CLUB NEED A DIFFERENT SOLUTION. THEY NEED TO LET US DO THE TICKETS THROUGH THE MAIL LIKE BEFORE. ITS MUCH BETTER CAUSE THE INTERNET THING DOESNT WORK. IM SURE PEOPLE WILL AGREE WITH THIS AND I DIDNT EVEN TRY TO GET TICKETS TODAY BUT, I KNOW IT WAS PROABLY FUSTRATING.ten club please think of a better way to get tickets yeah just like love to rock said its going to be hell getting pj tickets for the next tour unless they dont do something (i definitly agree but, idoubt anything will change for the future)
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Everybody, I understand the frustration. I tried for hours like oh, so many people to get Vic Theatre tickets to no avail. I even hit some weird glitch a few times that didn't recognize me as a 10 Club member, even though I was logged in. It was a disappointing day.

Please just be understanding that these events are very few, with very limited seating and an incredible demand. I know it sucks, but gear up for the ticketmaster sale, and who knows? You might have better luck then. Good luck to everybody.
  • Options
    i will give the 10club credit......because they deserve it....

at least this time around an icon actually appeared on my screen.....

not that it did me any fucking good.....
  • Options
    To sum up the day, this was a total black eye of an experience. I hope the 10c will read through this, and similar threads wearing a condom over their emotions, and pull from it many of the suggestions and criticisms, and be able to think of better alternatives.

I have faith in them and have seen many times in the past where something went haywire, and 10c listened, and responded with a better system. One example of where many complained and 10c fixed was the rear floor situation. Many 10c people couldn't see from the rear of the floor while a non-10c Ticketmaster seat was a couple of rows up the side near the stage. The following tour, 10c went up the sides as opposed to rear floor. There were many threads like this one, related to that, and 10c listened and tried their best. That's why despite days like this, I still love them and have faith in them. I still think they went with the best of intentions and it just didn't go well. I have faith that they'll regroup.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    chromiam wrote:
    no they're not... they're planning fundraisers ;)

Be careful or I'll poke you with my big spear... :p
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    To sum up the day, this was a total black eye of an experience. I hope the 10c will read through this, and similar threads wearing a condom over their emotions, and pull from it many of the suggestions and criticisms, and be able to think of better alternatives.

I have faith in them and have seen many times in the past where something went haywire, and 10c listened, and responded with a better system. One example of where many complained and 10c fixed was the rear floor situation. Many 10c people couldn't see from the rear of the floor while a non-10c Ticketmaster seat was a couple of rows up the side near the stage. The following tour, 10c went up the sides as opposed to rear floor. There were many threads like this one, related to that, and 10c listened and tried their best. That's why despite days like this, I still love them and have faith in them. I still think they went with the best of intentions and it just didn't go well. I have faith that they'll regroup.

I have faith too. It's not like they are oblivious to the fact that there are problems, and it's not good business practice to continue running things this way. They probably have been, and are continuing to research the best server/database solutions for both the quieter months and the times of ticket and merchandise sales. But implementing the upgrade is definitely long overdue. Our blood pressure can't handle it!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I have faith too. It's not like they are oblivious to the fact that there are problems, and it's not good business practice to continue running things this way. They probably have been, and are continuing to research the best server/database solutions for both the quieter months and the times of ticket and merchandise sales. But implementing the upgrade is definitely long overdue. Like someone said before about the dump truck, it's not always needed, but there are hosting companies that do let you bump up your server capacity and database processes. :D
    its seems to me they havent done a fucking thing to fix this problem in 2 years....

its the same bullshit fucking problems they had in 2006....

i dont have faith...

i just have to deal with the fact that every time i want to go to a show..

im going to have to deal with hours and hours of aggravating bullshit.....
  • Options
    its seems to me they havent done a fucking thing to fix this problem in 2 years....

i dont have faith...

It did seem like things got better for awhile though, no?

But yeah.. next time I'm not getting up early, that's for sure. I feel bad for the people who have the CC charges pending.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options

i dont have faith...

Why else would the continue to use the mom and pop hosting? Cause they dont care... If they trully did they would pony up the cash and get proper backend support. We re arrange schedules, re arrange budgets, re arrange our lives to fight and claw to give this band money and the fan club continues to make it as difficult as possible us to do so.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Why else would the continue to use the mom and pop hosting? Cause they dont care... If they trully did they would pony up the cash and get proper backend support. We re arrange schedules, re arrange budgets, re arrange our lives to fight and claw to give this band money and the fan club continues to make it as difficult as possible us to do so.
    my farming friend.....

im pretty sure this was the last straw for me....

i just dont give a fuck anymore....

i need to pull my head out of my ass and realize these shows are really not that important .................

and there is NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL i will ever again sit on this computer for more than 5 minutes trying to get tickets....
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    i just dont give a fuck anymore........
    I think for every one person who got tickets today, there two are saying this because of this fiasco...........today anyway.* :D
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115

maybe they like to support the mom & pop companies.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    there very few businesses that i know of that would be able
    to continue to operate in this manner before people start taking
    their business elsewhere.

it's just so frustrating. and easily fixable.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i didnt try and get tickets today, but have experienced the frustration on here with trying to get tickets and the one problem i noticed is that they pull up the sale for all the shows up at once

i dont get why they do this with the system they have, it does a poor job...at least spread out the sale of the shows by an hour or so, so the traffic isnt as bad

its been too long for me to think they will fix this problem, just makes me appreciate Ticketmaster more, fees or no fess, there is convienence
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    You guys don't remmeber having to camp out at box offices to get tickets, do you? Like sleeping in Inglewood to try to get Who or Zeppelin tickets... and end up in the Colonade.
    Life is much easier these days. One or Two hours online beats 16 hours (of sitting in the bad part of town to get tickets) anyday.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    Cosmo wrote:
    You guys don't remmeber having to camp out at box offices to get tickets, do you? Like sleeping in Inglewood to try to get Who or Zeppelin tickets... and end up in the Colonade.
    Life is much easier these days. One or Two hours online beats 16 hours (of sitting in the bad part of town to get tickets) anyday.

thats nothing....try having to crank the victrola for a few hours like we did in my day!

(and no, thats not a masturbation reference!)

But yes, I do remember the days of going for priority numbers at 6am in Inglewood!

Never really waited in-line overnight, thankfully!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

Amen to that! Esp sometimes you'd be freezing our ass off too.
    Good times though. Never camped out for The Who or Zeppelin though.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

I definitely remember camping out for tickets. Good times. I also remember easily buying tickets through Ticketmaster's website or the websites of other acts. Also good times.

What went down with this ticket sale today doesn't "beat" anything. It was completely lame and embarrassing.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    thats nothing....try having to crank the victrola for a few hours like we did in my day!

(and no, thats not a masturbation reference!)

But yes, I do remember the days of going for priority numbers at 6am in Inglewood!

Never really waited in-line overnight, thankfully!

i remember too............
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Cosmo wrote:

haha...i thought about this a little while ago......when u2's joshua tree tour went on sale, i stood in line starting at 5:00am WITH A BROKEN LEG IN A CAST AND CRUTCHES to get tix......the first 3 shows sold out before i got any.....the next show added - nothing....driving home the radio said they were adding a fifth show so i turned around and ran (limping) to the tm window and manged 4 tix....kinda like today....persistence paid off!! :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    I had this just the first minute of purchase:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/demetriosns/doh-1.jpg

When I went to the payment screen, it just kicked me out of the system. :( Then my eyes went dazzed & stessed out of my mind. It was a scary & heart pounding experience i'll never forget. So pale that I almost fainted off my chair. Seeing the screens go by with errors, seeing atleast 10+ times adding to cart and couldn't finish at the end. Which would kick me out of the system, and start over again, with errors. I got through at 40 minutes after the 11 pst hit with LA 1. Then 20 minutes later refreshing with every breath the "temp sold out" for Santa Barbara I got through. Kept trying for LA 2, but no dice! Won't be able to purchase tickets this Friday for the show. Can't miss another day from work.

Got 2 out of 3 today. It ain't bad at all. It will be my first time visiting the USA, and it all happens this April in California. I can't wait. :)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    demetrios wrote:
    I had this just the first minute of purchase:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/demetriosns/doh-1.jpg

When I went to the payment screen, it just kicked me out of the system. :( Then my eyes went dazzed & stessed out of my mind. It was a scary & heart pounding experience i'll never forget. So pale that I almost fainted off my chair. Seeing the screens go by with errors, seeing atleast 10+ times adding to cart and couldn't finish at the end. Which would kick me out of the system, and start over again, with errors. I got through at 40 minutes after the 11 pst hit with LA 1. Then 20 minutes later refreshing with every breath the "temp sold out" for Santa Barbara I got through. Kept trying for LA 2, but no dice! Won't be able to purchase tickets this Friday for the show. Can't miss another day from work.

Got 2 out of 3 today. It ain't bad at all. It will be my first time visiting the USA, and it all happens this April in California. I can't wait. :)

i had the same thing....'cept when i went to checkout, i got logged off so i had to start over....an hour and half later i got tix...:rolleyes: hope to see ya in la!!
  • Options
    I didn't try for tickets (as I'm an east coaster) and I am so sick of every thread on the first 3 pages being about tickets and people saying hey got tix to certain shows or them bitcing about not getting tickets.

But I'm praying the 10C starts using the membership money they get from everyone annually to get a better server. I've never tried for tickets through 10C but I have through NIN's The Spiral and they were always great. So whats the deal with 10C? I just hope they get it fixed by the next full tour. I'm going to be heart broken if I mss a chance for Rochester or Buffalo tickets because the server is old and ustabble.

Come to think of it I think PJ's whole main website an goods section should be redone.