Options

Detroit,Windsor & Toledo April Meet Up!!!!!

Nixon in DetroitNixon in Detroit Posts: 592
edited March 2008 in The Porch
We are going to try this again. Everyone that showed up last time had a blast. So I figured why not do it again plus I know there will be some of us going to see Ed on the west coast which means new stories. It was really good to meet some of you this past weekend. If your Interested let me know either pm me or post to let me know. So we can get some kind of a head count we can make reservations!!!

When: Saturday April 26th @ 8pm

Where:The Detroit Beer Company Its located at 1529 Broadway in downtown Detroit across from the Detroit Opera House. From I-75, exit Madison Ave. and take it to John R. Turn left on John R to Broadway.

Who: Anyone that would like to hang out with a bunch of Pearl Jam fans. I will post a list once I start getting responses from those who plan on attending.

Nixon in Detroit
Lesbelges
Gvn2fly21
Darkstar
daughter68
PearlJim
Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    Sign me up!
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    Thanks Ludo It was great meeting you!!! When do you leave for LA?
    Lesbelges wrote:
    Sign me up!
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    Detroit scares me.
  • Options
    DeadpoolDeadpool Posts: 155
    well fuck this is the third time I have something planned when the meet up is happening.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I'll try to keep that evening open. If not, definitely I'll make the May/June hookup.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    All the way down in Detroit? I actually live up in Grand Blanc which is near Flint. Detroit is even farther than Ferndale.

I was hoping the next one would be somewhere like Rochester Hills, Clarkston, Auburn Hills or Lake Orion. If we have a meet up that isn't so far for me I will be more than happy to go but for this one I'll have to pass.
  • Options
    LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    Thanks Ludo It was great meeting you!!! When do you leave for LA?

Yeah I had a great time!

I will leave Friday night before the show and leave Sunday early afternoon. It's going to be one short trip! But oh so worth it :)
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    quote=Music For Rhinos]All the way down in Detroit? I actually live up in Grand Blanc which is near Flint. Detroit is even farther than Ferndale.

I was hoping the next one would be somewhere like Rochester Hills, Clarkston, Auburn Hills or Lake Orion. If we have a meet up that isn't so far for me I will be more than happy to go but for this one I'll have to pass.[/quote]

Right on I totally understand! I am trying to move it every month so we can check out a different bar. I am thinking about getting a PJ Tribute band to come out for one of these meet ups. I know a guy who owns a bar in Hamtramak so I might not have a choice but to do that one there.[
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    I'm in for sure. Last time was great....except all the people that backed out kinda bummed me out. Hopefully this time we can get lots of people.

Count me in!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    I'll be fresh back from the Ed Ved show in Santa Cruz...with stories to tell. See you there (i'll make it this time).

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Count me in Nixon!
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    this might be quite possible for me
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    this might be quite possible for me

Thats great the more people we get the better!
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    i would love to go... leme know when we get a date solid and lockd down n ill try to get a plane tix.

really loking forward to tha pj tribuet band
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I can't make it for the April hook up, but I will in the May-June... the more time I have to plan for it, the better.

Have fun ya'll, and I'll mos def see you guys on the next meet up. :)
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    I'm back and ready to party! What an amazing trip.....much to tell.

Bumpity bump.

• Options
    bump

• Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    why have i just read all the way through this thread when im in the UK and have no plans of going to Detroit??? :confused:

the joys of being bored and killing time in work i guess :rolleyes: :)
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    bump

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    Let's try and make this a better turnout than last months.

It's gonna be great!

Maybe I can sweeten the deal..............

Whoever comes to this Detroit party can go home with a copy of the Grand Rapids DVD Set (3 Discs). All I ask is that you're for sure gonna be there......and bring 3 blank dvds.

Tom

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    gvn2fly21 wrote:
    Let's try and make this a better turnout than last months.

It's gonna be great!

Maybe I can sweeten the deal..............

Whoever comes to this Detroit party can go home with a copy of the Grand Rapids DVD Set (3 Discs). All I ask is that you're for sure gonna be there......and bring 3 blank dvds.

Tom
    seriously, you guys KNOW you want to hang out with Dirty Tom and Nixon in DEEEEEEETROIT RAWK CITEEEEEEEEEE

have fun!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    DBC next Saturday night??? I may try and swing down there.
  • Options
    Right on Motown!!