Options

Is this fanclub somehow senority based?

Comments

• Options
    you buy a ticket, then they organize who sits where.

i think it's bullshit to be honest.

People who have paid member dues for years get better seats than guy who just joined...Very Fair!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    meme wrote:
    You wanna know what REALLY sucks?
    Being old AND having a 300,000+ tenclub number :o
    Well, isn't that why God made you a genuine Aye-talian? You know, to serve as the ultimate compensation for life's many disappointments, of course. - "Antonio Scemo"
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    hi, i have questions about these items

ga= No preference place, only entrance 15 minutes after other no Ten club members?

If you are not buying in GA, you have preference on seats?

seats floor= the lower numbers the best seats?

how much the tix costs normally in GA or Floor seats?
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    eduardo wrote:
    hi, i have questions about these items

ga= No preference place, only entrance 15 minutes after other no Ten club members?

If you are not buying in GA, you have preference on seats?

seats floor= the lower numbers the best seats?

how much the tix costs normally in GA or Floor seats?
    they didn't allow to buy non-floor seats through 10c at GA shows...not in the initial sale anyway.
    heard people got seats later on though. Now I don't want a seat anyway, but I have friend who did for Wembley, people with very low numbers (low 5 digits), yet they had to fend with ticketmaster (they fared pretty well in the end mind you, but still, would get closer seats in the US!)

I think 10c should make some seats available at GA shows for those people who prefer those (only way I go to a seat is if pregnant..and even so... not sure :)..oh, and Milan or Poland :()

cost varies very widely depending on the country.. the highest price I heard of were in Mexico of all places!
    Copenhagen must be just behind (of non-charity shows I mean)
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    No matter how many stories/POV's we list here it will always be "unfair" to someone.

Just enjoy the show wherever the fuck you are sitting or standing.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    nice "Pearl Jam" pic by the way on your myspace
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Here is my solution:
    I don't think it is such a good thing for some kid who actually lives in San Antonio to sit 32 rows back because people in Los Angeles and New York with lower Fan Club numbers are taking up the fron rows (for every show they go to). I think the kid living in San Antonio should be in the front row for his hometown gig.
    So... let us buy as many pairs as we want... but, make us pick ONE show where we get seated... numerically, in order of our memberships. After those seats are taken... the senority for the rest kick in.
    This way... the L.A. and N.Y. members in the 40,000s still get front row... but, depending on the sales... the kid living in San Antonio (who only goes to one show) gets to sit nearest the stage. Those L.A. and N.Y. members will still have kick ass seats... plus they have already had several gigs where they were in the front.
    You can set up a buddy system with another club member and each buy one pair to two different designated gig... so you get 2 shows from up front. Making friends is always a good thing... right?
    I mean... we want to be fair and reward long time members of the club... but, i think we also should share the wealth with otheres... many of whom just happened to be born too late.
    Anyway... that's my idea.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    thats a great idea cosmo. you took the words right out of my brain. the thing thats kind of irked me since the fanclub changed their policy for the 2003 tour. i can only go to the closest show to me,which is las vegas. for the 10th anniv. show in 2000 i was 13th row center! it was an awesome experience! in 2003 & 2006 i was on the side about half way back. would luv to be up close again. :(
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Here is my solution:
    I don't think it is such a good thing for some kid who actually lives in San Antonio to sit 32 rows back because people in Los Angeles and New York with lower Fan Club numbers are taking up the fron rows (for every show they go to). I think the kid living in San Antonio should be in the front row for his hometown gig.
    So... let us buy as many pairs as we want... but, make us pick ONE show where we get seated... numerically, in order of our memberships. After those seats are taken... the senority for the rest kick in.
    This way... the L.A. and N.Y. members in the 40,000s still get front row... but, depending on the sales... the kid living in San Antonio (who only goes to one show) gets to sit nearest the stage. Those L.A. and N.Y. members will still have kick ass seats... plus they have already had several gigs where they were in the front.
    You can set up a buddy system with another club member and each buy one pair to two different designated gig... so you get 2 shows from up front. Making friends is always a good thing... right?
    I mean... we want to be fair and reward long time members of the club... but, i think we also should share the wealth with otheres... many of whom just happened to be born too late.
    I agree..but, is it 1 show per what?
    country? tour? leg?
    some countries don't have seated (afaik, there's been 2 seniority based shows in Europe in the whole band history..both at Verona.)...some places (whole continents even) don't have shows on some tours..
    like the idea, it'd be fairer, but would be very hard and complicated to enforce.
    a lottery for part of the front seats would be simpler to set up.
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    i too have had my membership for a loooooonnnngggg time.
    getting front row center to seattle was one of the coolest things ever.
    then again,ya go to a show and the folks down front are very young.
    seems wierd. maybe friends,family etc.....
    the seniority thing keeps the jumping on the bandwagoners away.
    a good thing
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    laudenum wrote:
    i too have had my membership for a loooooonnnngggg time.
    getting front row center to seattle was one of the coolest things ever.
    then again,ya go to a show and the folks down front are very young.
    seems wierd. maybe friends,family etc.....
    the seniority thing keeps the jumping on the bandwagoners away.
    a good thing
    the bandwagon has gone into storage many yeas ago...
    many touring fans in the last 2 years I met were younger and newer listener as I (as in first listened to them..I only managed to see my 1st gig 2006).

'new' fans rock the fuck out!!!! why do you think they came back to Europe this year..those people were rightat the front on GA shows! ;)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Pegasus wrote:
    I think 10c should make some seats available at GA shows for those people who prefer those (only way I go to a seat is if pregnant..and even so... not sure :)..oh, and Milan or Poland :()

They do... you can ask.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Here is my solution:

Born too late or just recently turned on to the band...its happened allot I think for those who missed the early 90s grunge period then suddenly the band was hardly heard from on mainstream radio, media, etc.

Interesting idea and some good points. I'm in the 219XXX range and have been generally OK with my seats, BUT when possible I've paid good $ to get close and the experience has been unreal.

When PJ toured w/ Petty I bought one of these special packages from Petty's site that scored me a pair of first rows by Stone in Minneapolis. I gave them to my friend and his 15 year old nephew who had never had anything but nosebleed. Watching them in awe in the front row was an awesome experience from my 15th row 10C seats. :)

I do like the idea of limiting the cult followers on tours to only so many seniority shows...somehow mixing it up for others who deserve a great seat and don't necessarily have the dough to follow them all over.

Ya sure I get the logic of seniority, but why must the first 5 rows always typically be given to the old guard? Hopefully we can see some new younger faces up there!

A new fan is just as important as an old one...give them some opportunities to see the band up close...nothin like it!
  • Options
    Thanks you guys! I totally appreciate it.

For the record, I'm one that thinks its totally fair for people with the older (smaller) numbers to have better seats.

We might have all been fans the same length of time, but we are talking about the benefits of being a member of the fanclub. I think long time members should be eligible for better benefits.

Even if that means I'm sitting in the rafters. :)

I'm glad you share that opinion. I've been in the club since the end of 1993, my number is 116xxx & I have been loyal & re-newed my membership for 15 years now & think it's only fair to have these benefits. Besides, as time goes on more & more people drop out of the club & never renew. Also every tour I travel to see them as many times as possible & that means I usually go by myself & i try to find other club members who may not have as good as seats as me & sell them my single @ face value to sit with me in the top 10 rows (my worst seats ever were @ MSG & I was 13 rows back 1st night & 11 the 2nd night, best seats were in the media pit in philly). This is my way of giving back to other club members & fans that do not have a chancer to see the boys up close.

PEACE, MATTY
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Pegasus wrote:
    I agree..but, is it 1 show per what?
    country? tour? leg?
    some countries don't have seated (afaik, there's been 2 seniority based shows in Europe in the whole band history..both at Verona.)...some places (whole continents even) don't have shows on some tours..
    like the idea, it'd be fairer, but would be very hard and complicated to enforce.
    a lottery for part of the front seats would be simpler to set up.
    I would say... ONE Pair per tour. You know, like when the Ten/VHC says to go in and order tickets. Like, for example... I would go to the California gigs. I hook up with one of my friends here and we agree, I specify my one pair for the L.A. gig and he/she buys one pair for the San Diego gig. We also buy tickets for the other L.A. show, Palladium, Long Beach, Santa Barbara, Bakersfield, Reno and both San Francisco shows. We get to sit close for the one L.A. and San Diego shows... but, others who picked those shows (even if they have higher numbers), get to sit in front of us for the other shows. We would still be happy because we got 2 kick ass seats.
    If the show is General Admission... don't pick that one as your One Pair. If you want to be in front at a G.A. gig... go to the show and invest the time in line. G.A. shows are a fend for yourselves gig. Pick a seated show as your One Pair.
    I think it'd be fair. I have already been in some great seats in the past and love being close... but, I also think that those of us who've been towards the back should at least get to experience what it's like to be up front. I know how happy I've been and I think it's a good thing if others get to share that experience.
    Plus... if you like, people here can hook up with other Fan Club members and make new friends. Like, if you live in L.A. and you meet someone that lives in Atlanta... you can share those shows.
    And... one added bonus. When the Club tallies up all the ticket orders and sorts them by Membership Number per show... they randomly pick (or let the computer randomly pick)... One member in the highest 100 Membership Numbers for that specific show... to sit... FRONT ROW CENTER. You may not win... but, someone would. And they'd be estatic.
    Oh... and one more super extra added bonus... in the off-season... a General Admission Fan Club ONLY show at 4 regional locations. West Coast (Seattle), Mid-America, South and East Coast... you only get to buy one pair (so, you should buddy up with someone else in the club). Scaled down, not the big expensive shows (Mike can only bring 10 guitars instead of the giant truckload)... at very small venues. If money is a problem... hell... sell posters for 100 bucks. I mean, people are paying a ton of money for them now. Might as well go towards paying the crew instead of some dude on EBay, right? The Foo Fighters pulled this off, I don't see why Pearl Jam can't.
    I have never been to Europe or Austrailia to see them... you guys can figure that one out.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    the bandwagon has gone into storage many yeas ago...
    many touring fans in the last 2 years I met were younger and newer listener as I (as in first listened to them..I only managed to see my 1st gig 2006).

'new' fans rock the fuck out!!!! why do you think they came back to Europe this year..those people were rightat the front on GA shows! ;)

the bandwagoners are in storage? really? i guess thats why there is so much
    whining when a show is announced and people are complaining that they "forgot" to renew their membership,or some other excuse.those of us who have made
    the priority to renew every year without fail should be able to enjoy the perks that come with it.
    remember its not the fans that made the rules regarding seniority it has been the band and the ten club.
    oh....and ga sucks
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    laudenum wrote:
    oh....and ga sucks
    Spoken like someone who loses the seniority privilege in GA :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Hinny wrote:
    GA is the only way i see them at the front!
    besides i need that barrier to lean up on incase i fall asleep :P
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    not really. the ga show in seattle at memorial stadium in 98 was great,as was the baldwin amphitheater show on maui in 98. however the maui show was only 4500 or so,
    so it made ga more tolerable. but when ga just turns into a survival of the fittest
    and ya cant get down front because of people pushing etc....thats a drag.
    hell,even with 4500 people in maui ed had to ask everyone down front to chill and take a few steps backwards. things like that dont happen at seniority shows
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    1994 must have been the big year I joined in 94 too and got 84xxx

I love seniority, but at the same time maybe limit the first few rows so there are not so many repeats to let some other people get that experience. I have had, and usually get rows 1-5, but if I go to more than one show I see the same 5 people dead center every show, why not move them over a few seats(not back) and let some randomly chosen fans from any number range get a chance( a lottery for the that show)? Basing this on people who go to many many shows. I have done this (gone to multiples) and love getting close believe me. I enjoy having been around a long time, but I do think every once in a while if I were going to more than say 3 shows on that 4th 5th getting stuck a few rows back and letting some fresh faces up front too. I am not saying move me/whomever back to the farthest seats just maybe like 6-10 to let a few new people get the joy of being right in Ed's/Mike's/Jeff's/Stones grill.

General admission just sucks experience wise for a more than one time deal.

BY the way next tour I am going to take one lucky fan with me to a show in the midwest, all you have to do is get there. I'll have some sort of contest for fans with number past a certain range and assuming my tickets get a good seat the winner will get some good viewing with me,all assuming seniority stays in place. I want to help spread the jam---up close.

your a cool cat
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    ajedigecko wrote:
    well said with regards to taking someone with you. i have been in the club since 93 and on two occasions i went to a "not so good seat" and simply traded seats with the person. it was good to see the excitement on their face when they realized where they would be sitting.

Another cool cat.....!!!

I have a mediocre number...so I'm back middle of the pack..which is still awesome......remember when I couldn't even get a ticket.....so just getting into the house does it for me......but to be able to be up front just to tell the fellas thanks for what they've added to my life....that's what I strive to do..one day I will pay my respects....one day.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    1994 must have been the big year I joined in 94 too and got 84xxx

I love seniority, but at the same time maybe limit the first few rows so there are not so many repeats to let some other people get that experience. I have had, and usually get rows 1-5, but if I go to more than one show I see the same 5 people dead center every show, why not move them over a few seats(not back) and let some randomly chosen fans from any number range get a chance( a lottery for the that show)? Basing this on people who go to many many shows. I have done this (gone to multiples) and love getting close believe me. I enjoy having been around a long time, but I do think every once in a while if I were going to more than say 3 shows on that 4th 5th getting stuck a few rows back and letting some fresh faces up front too. I am not saying move me/whomever back to the farthest seats just maybe like 6-10 to let a few new people get the joy of being right in Ed's/Mike's/Jeff's/Stones grill.

General admission just sucks experience wise for a more than one time deal.

BY the way next tour I am going to take one lucky fan with me to a show in the midwest, all you have to do is get there. I'll have some sort of contest for fans with number past a certain range and assuming my tickets get a good seat the winner will get some good viewing with me,all assuming seniority stays in place. I want to help spread the jam---up close.

My number is 362XXX and I'm pretty sure I'm long gone from sitting in the first few rows (judging by my recent ticket experiences) but I'd sure like a crack at it, especially with another long time fan who had the Clairvoyance to get a fanclub membership early... regardless if you pick me it's still a nice gesture. I guess it isn't worth worrying about at this point since there is no tour to see yet! Can't wait for them to get back to Alpine after the last blow out they had there!!!
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    What Cosmo said is good. You should be able to "pull seniority" for one concert per tour.

When PJ did the canadian tour through southern ontario a few years back, MOST of the front 15 rows were ................Americans, and the same americans each night who just followed the band around back when the US dollar was way stronger than the Canadian dollar and they could come up here for cheap.

Anyways, it sucked for any city remotely close to the border.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    meme wrote:
    You wanna know what REALLY sucks?
    Being old AND having a 300,000+ tenclub number :o

the thought of that makes me cringe...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    i joined in 1998 when i was but a wee high school student. managed to get 169xxx and have sat 10th row or closer at every show i've been to since 2000.

personally i think that a two show limit should be put on fanclub seats. i think it's ridiculous that people who have seen the band as much as some of you have should continually have better seats then those who sit towards the back. yes. seniority is great (i benefit from it so i don't mind) but if it was possible for me to get tickets for someone and then just give them away to a less fortunate member i would do it.

but then again i think some of you seriously diminish the special occasion it is seeing pearl jam in a live setting by seeing them five, six, seven, etc. times per tour. i love seeing them live, but i max out at three or four times. i never want it to be a "oh. pearl jam is on tour." thought process for me. but to each their own.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Yea it is seniority based. I have the number 360xxx from being a member since Nov. 2005

You would probably be mid 400xxx to 500xxx by now.

The lower number you have= better seats at concerts. Kinda unfair but oh well, you still get benefits of sitting next to 10C members and almost always better seats/view than buying from TM or LN.

the system assures us of having great views of the grey haired seated in the front rows.......and the band of great views of the sagging milfs sitting in front of them.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    LukinFan wrote:
    Why do you think it's unfair? You wouldn't think that if you had been a member since '92 :)

not to stir this up, but they had no numbers in '92

i was in the fan club back in 94-95, and still no number. But this is all old news.

To be honest, those that had paid their dues every year, do deserve the best seats!

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    not to stir this up, but they had no numbers in '92

i was in the fan club back in 94-95, and still no number. But this is all old news.

To be honest, those that had paid their dues every year, do deserve the best seats!

PEACE

that's true about there not being numbers back then, but they used their chronological records to assign the numbers originally. not saying it was perfect, just they tried to do it by join date, so whoever was in the mlb fan club got the first numbers

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Hail, Hail Ten Club seniority!!!

Signed,
    aNiMaL
    10C Member since 1994, 124xxx

i was thinking the same thing...and coincidentally, your "stats" are the same as mine--1994, 124xxx :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    that's true about there not being numbers back then, but they used their chronological records to assign the numbers originally. not saying it was perfect, just they tried to do it by join date, so whoever was in the mlb fan club got the first numbers
    i'm not sure if they used numbers for the the free fan club only show at the
    moore in 95. i do know they used a 300 mile radius of seattle for those to invite.
    i do empathize with those who dislike the seniority system,i would to if i joined
    and had a 6 digit number.but if ya really think about it ,it really is the onlyfair way. and alot of us make a point of renewing each and every year,and that should be rewarded as well.no matter what the fan club does it will be an issue
    for someone.
    "ya cant please everyone,
    so ya got to please yourself"