MUMFORD AND SONS!!!!!!!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited November 2013 in Other Music
Check em out, yo!!! SO GOOD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL_zuWHr ... re=related

EVERY song Mumford and Sons have out is worth 100 listens...

Other music I just can't turn off, in case anyone cares:
Avett Bros
Alberta Cross
Fistful of Mercy (with that Ben joker)
Truth and Salvage Co
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Agreed on ALL counts.

Can't turn off the Mumford and Sons.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Agreed on ALL counts.

Can't turn off the Mumford and Sons.
    :)
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    saw these guys in Atlanta last night.

man, what a treat. so intense, quite impressive & gaining speed at an alarming rate.

go see 'em if they come near you!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • I am going to see them tonight at the House of Blues Boston - CANT WAIT!!!
    If peace is real why can't the world be it?

Red Rover Mike McCready take over.........

9-15-98, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 9-28-04, 9-29-04, 9-15-05, 5-13-06, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-27-06, 6-27-08, 6-28-08, 6-30-08, 10-30-09, 10-31-09, 5-15-10, 5-17-10
  • JzPJzP Posts: 931
    I went to the house of blues with my wife. That opener ...king ..charles .. wow :shock:

Had never been to the house of blues it really has great sound! I enjoy this band but can't tell yet if they will really make it. They played maybe 3 new songs as well as with the openers cadillac sky and sara jarosz.
    Heres a link of an encore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpnxalzIUyw
    Great energy from this band and the crowd, that is what live music is about.
    ~JzP
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    pjtaper wrote:
    Check em out, yo!!! SO GOOD!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL_zuWHr ... re=related

EVERY song Mumford and Sons have out is worth 100 listens...

Other music I just can't turn off, in case anyone cares:
    Avett Bros
    Alberta Cross
    Fistful of Mercy [b](with that Ben joker)[/b]
    Truth and Salvage Co

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Saw them last night here in San Fran. Will see them again this weekend in LA. Lemme tell you something. If you haven't seen them live yet and you live in a city where they will be playing, you my friend are missing whole lot!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    Wow, Mumford covers Avetts... WOAH!!!!!
    Thanks for that video!!!
    Fistful of Mercy needs to get their asses to CO... a Red Rocks show would be EPIC!
  • solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    Never seen them live but is was my soundtrack throughout my travels in africa.
  • redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Saw them this year at the Pukkelpop Festival here and they were REALLY and i mean REALLY AWSOME .....they played in the Marquee tent but the people were standing wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back outside the tent even and the sides of it .....so mutch energy from those guys ;)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Man, I was thinking these guys had to be better than that song of theirs on the radio. Guess I was wrong.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    Man, I was thinking these guys had to be better than that song of theirs on the radio. Guess I was wrong.
    It's good for when you're trying to get laid.
    DewieCox wrote:
    One question: Did you actually like the movie Dewie Cox?
    I was in NYC over Thanksgiving and went to Bleecker Street Records. I wanted to get a copy of Mumford and Sons for my dad. I couldn't find it, so I asked for assistance. None of the shop guys had ever heard of it. It was a sad sad moment.

that is CRAZY!
    They are on the radio CONSTANTLY here... Every time I turn it on, "I really messed it up this time"
    Ha, they are on the radio NOW! less than a minute after I typed it, they came on...
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    pjtaper wrote:
    that is CRAZY!
    They are on the radio CONSTANTLY here... Every time I turn it on, "I really messed it up this time"
    Ha, they are on the radio NOW! less than a minute after I typed it, they came on...

I really messed it up this time. :lol:

That album really is spectacular, even after just 2 listens so far.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I downloaded the album off iTunes the other day since it was only 6.99. Listened to it a couple times and I'm a bit disappointed. The second half of the album seems to be all slower tunes and not the upbeat stuff like 'Little Lion Man'. Now I'm not saying I want the entire album the sound the same, but I definitely prefer the more upbeat/faster songs by them.
  • It's ok stuff, but I don't understand the hype.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Listen Loud. I blast it in my car. Fucking love it.

• TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Good band, yeah. Same with Avett Brothers... amazing new album!

If you like Mumford & Sons, get into Frightened Rabbit and The Twilight Sad for similar but probably darker Scottish indie rock... trust me!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
    Ty wrote:
    Good band, yeah. Same with Avett Brothers... amazing new album!

If you like Mumford & Sons, get into Frightened Rabbit and The Twilight Sad for similar but probably darker Scottish indie rock... trust me!
    any songs you could suggest(maybe youtube links?)
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    No Youtube access at work, so no links, but listen to...

Freightened Rabbit - The Modern Leper, Keep Yourself Warm

The Twilight Sad - Reflection Of The Television, I Became A Prostitute
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    HOLY SHIT!!! finally picked this one up....wow. :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    skippybrew wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    It's good for when you're trying to get laid.

I saw them this summer by accident. I'd never heard of them and a friend of mine took me. During the show I thought "So this is what white girls do..."
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I downloaded the album off iTunes the other day since it was only 6.99. Listened to it a couple times and I'm a bit disappointed. The second half of the album seems to be all slower tunes and not the upbeat stuff like 'Little Lion Man'. Now I'm not saying I want the entire album the sound the same, but I definitely prefer the more upbeat/faster songs by them.

What I really hear in this album is that they mean it. Everyone is singing & playing with everything they've got. Just love the sound.

Kind of like the first Killers album, there was clearly a passion in there. Then Flowers became a little bitch and they started to suck.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Good band. My favourite by far from that stable though is Laura Marling. I believe she was once a Mumford. Amazing singer songwriter in the great folk tradition. Wise beyond her years, songs and lyrics people would kill for
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • I love Mumford and Sons.

I really got into them while I was living in the UK last year, and was kind of disappointed when I heard them on the radio in the US.
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I love Mumford and Sons.

I really got into them while I was living in the UK last year, and was kind of disappointed when I heard them on the radio in the US.

Why would it be disappointing to hear a band on the radio???
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    They are sooooo incredible......need more tunes from them asap especially after hearing some new ones in Milwaukee.
    I love Mumford and Sons.

Yesterday, I heard Fistful of Mercy on the radio, for the first time in Colorado... I was so bummed... KIDDING! I turned it up and SCREAMED ALONG!

I love hearing songs on the radio, some people are too cool to have the music they like on the radio. I'll sit in my car and wait until Betterman finishes, I like to hear what the DJ's have to say after they play Pearl Jam songs...
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Never heard of this band before - what kind of sound do they have? Any band that they may sound like?

Also, what album should I start with?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest