Options

so this ASSHOLE record store......

Comments

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I think it is f'ed up but who knows what really happened. Maybe the guy has family that asked if he had any, maybe they found out they werent getting any after they thought they were, maybe they are getting killed by BEstBuy and Walmart and needed to get as much as he could to keep the store open. Just saying you dont know what really happened so you cant justify screwing this guy over.

And yes I know I am about to get ripped for this post, so....

since when do BestBuy and Walmart sell vinyl???
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I realize I do not know you at all and have never spoken to you at all, but I do read your posts, are you joking about how much stuff you "flip"? You always seem to be on the side of people who are making a profit from the merchandise. If you ARE serious about "flipping" merchandise, then are you upset you dont get the profit or are you upset you are not getting the record...again, I do not know you and I am not judging, it just seems alittle "odd" that this is making you so upset.
    There's a difference between a retailer flipping things and a Pit member flipping things.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    and you know damn well he was full of shit.....and a BAD FUCKING LIAR!!!

because he was giving way to much info.....

all he had to say is....i apologize i was mistaken....we wont be getting any copies.....

but he gave me the bullshit line of 2,000 copies only being sold on pearl jams website......

apparently he now realizes what a hot commodity these albums really are and is going to take advantage.

at least thats what it sounds like to me.

because 2,000 is not a lot.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    There's a difference between a retailer flipping things and a Pit member flipping things.

Please explain.......
  • Options
    SPEEDY go give that dude a hard time... i can only imagine how fun it would be to witness... so videotape it... and put it on youtube...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,219
    chromiam wrote:
    since when do BestBuy and Walmart sell vinyl???

I am saying bestbuy and walmart are selling many of the same products not necessarily vinyl. CD's DVDs etc...

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Please explain.......

What's to explain? It's like if the 10club had a sale on something...then were all douche's for no reason and sold it on ebay for like 100 bucks more. Now, I know 10club wouldn't do that. But, they're a retailer just like the record store.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    if its a couple blocks away just go down and find out in person what the deal is.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I am saying bestbuy and walmart are selling many of the same products not necessarily vinyl. CD's DVDs etc...

so if you had something different and limited, that the "big evil chain stores" don't, wouldn't you want to keep that in your store and use it as a reason for people to shop at your store???
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    What's to explain? It's like if the 10club had a sale on something...then were all douche's for no reason and sold it on ebay for like 100 bucks more. Now, I know 10club wouldn't do that. But, they're a retailer just like the record store.

Not really.......10club didnt tell him he had a copy then sell it somewhere else.....Someone else is going to flip a 10club/eddie vedder product before someone else is.....a flip is a flip my friend, sorry the record store just got it first.....
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    sgossard3 wrote:
    thats the fuckin problem! hes not taking out of the hands of true fans... he selling into the hands of true fans that are FUCKIN IDIOTS! this guy wouldnt be doing this if some FUCKIN IDIOT fans werent immediately buying these damn things for $200 on ebay... were causing our own problems... its the same fuckin thing with the posters... none of us have a right to complain

absolutely.......

paying hugely inflated prices certainly doesn't make any easier for those of us who don't have the same means.

unfortunately, some things are never gonna change though.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    distantsun wrote:
    it's just vinyl. calm down.

I'm sure you enjoy something stupid just like everybody else.
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    i say from now on 10C just puts all their available copies a few at a time on ebay... they'll sell so high initially that noone would be able to flip for a profit... if anyones gonna be making all that profit it should be 10C instead of some fuckin flippers... not that this would ever happen realistically cause 10C is too good to us eventho we dont deserve their kindness

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,219
    chromiam wrote:
    so if you had something different and limited, that the "big evil chain stores" don't, wouldn't you want to keep that in your store and use it as a reason for people to shop at your store???

and if you were already in financial trouble and had an item you could make some extra needed money off of, would you?
    especially if you only had a few copies?

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    I realize I do not know you at all and have never spoken to you at all, but I do read your posts, are you joking about how much stuff you "flip"? You always seem to be on the side of people who are making a profit from the merchandise. If you ARE serious about "flipping" merchandise, then are you upset you dont get the profit or are you upset you are not getting the record...again, I do not know you and I am not judging, it just seems alittle "odd" that this is making you so upset.
    i dont own one poster....
    i dont own one album.....

just letting you know....EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS BOARD is a flipper....hehehehehehe

they just dont have the "YOU KNOW WHAT" to admit it....hehehehehe

and as far as this record store goes??? i dont like being lied to.....simple as that....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    and if you were already in financial trouble and had an item you could make some extra needed money off of, would you?

I'd look for another line of business. I'm quite sure that the record companies have regulations against me (as a retailer) selling merchandise on EBay .

Admin

• Options
    chromiam wrote:
    I'd look for another line of business. I'm quite sure that the record companies have regulations against me (as a retailer) selling merchandise on EBay .
    damn right they do!!!!!

and its sad when us pearl jam freaks have become so fucking bad.....that the retailers know to put shit on ebay......because certain freaks will pay it....
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    if this is the case then id like to see SPEEDY deal with this particular ASSHOLE legally... tho im not sure how youd go about proving hes selling them on ebay... other than substantial and obvious verbal proof

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    sgossard3 wrote:
    SPEEDY go give that dude a hard time... i can only imagine how fun it would be to witness... so videotape it... and put it on youtube...
    I second this! Or at least give us a blow by blow. :D Seriously though, sorry it happened. At the very least he shouldn't have promised it if he couldn't deliver. If I had an extra I'd give it to ya. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    just letting you know....

if you read most of my posts......well then YOU have real issues.....hehehehehehehe'

joke...

obviously 99% of my posts are just nonsense..........ive been here quite a long time....and have met plenty of folks on this board at 30-40 shows.....almost all realize that im just here having fun and stirring the pot....

DONT take anything i say here too serious....im just being a clown.....
  • Options
    just letting you know....

if you read most of my posts......well then YOU have real issues.....hehehehehehehe'

joke...

obviously 99% of my posts are just nonsense..........ive been here quite a long time....and have met plenty of folks on this board at 30-40 shows.....almost all realize that im just here having fun and stirring the pot....

DONT take anything i say here too serious....im just being a clown.....

Peace......:)
  • Options
    I like to know who these people are who pay these insane prices and create such a buzz over nothing. I truly feel sorry them!!!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Toronto 10/01/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchner 09/11/05
    London 09/12/05
    Hamilton 09/13/05
    Toronto 05/9/06
    Toronto 05/10/06
    Please play SATANS BED
  • Options
    Peace......:)
    and dont pay any attention to....

wolfbear...

or

mrs. vedder78....

cuz those 2 are even more full of shit than i am.....

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.............
  • Options
    whoa whoa.. let me try to understand this

stores sell things to people who will pay more for them? that's really low. i think they should just give everything away.

money = greed
    saw things so much clearer
  • Options

stores sell things to people who will pay more for them? that's really low. i think they should just give everything away.

money = greed
    ummm......

wtf are you talking about????

hehehehehe..........

you lost me here.....
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    chromiam wrote:

The best thing about your comment is how many people on this board think that chain stores are big and evil, yet in the original poster's problems were from what many people would assume is a noble and fair independent record store (that people think so highly of).
    chromiam wrote:
    I'm quite sure that the record companies have regulations against me (as a retailer) selling merchandise on EBay .

I don't think so. Even if they did how could they ever enforce it. I mean if you owned a record store called Chromiam's records you could just sell the record to your wife or your kid at retail price (or even sell it to yourself if your store is a registered corporation), and then have them flip it on ebay. Since there would be a receipt that you sold it for retail, it is not like you stole it from the store.
  • Options

money = greed
    thats not the problem here... these RETAIL stores are allotted a certain number of these limited vinyls to sell at RETAIL price... for the employee of a store to turn and sell them on ebay is not right... it would be one thing for them to mark up the price of each to $150 and try selling them in their own store, but it just seems to be illegal the way they are doing it

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    and dont pay any attention to....

wolfbear...

or

mrs. vedder78....

cuz those 2 are even more full of shit than i am.....

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.............

:p
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    :p
    ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    rockstar!!!!!!!!!!

;)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV