Options

so this ASSHOLE record store......

Comments

• Options
    here in chicago.....

i HAVE NOT FOUND ONE STORE that has it on the shelf yet.....NOT ONE...

i would like ONE CHICAGO person to tell me if they have bought it yet....from a record store......

ive talked to 15-20 record stores on the phone in the last week.....
    but are they not available in the stores because there are such few copies? or is it because they are all going right on ebay?... i guess theres really no way to tell... i just have a hunch theres alot more out there than people think... if certain stores were getting up to 20 copies i mean...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Can you imagine the fuckjob for the people who got shut out of the online sales and then thought "ok, ill just wait to get one from my valued local independant music store"? LOL, then to find out that these people are holding everyone at gunpoint as well?

Is this all legal, really? I guess its their inventory, so I suppose they can set any price they want for it. Still, total garbage.

I always thought there was like a pre determined price for things, that you couldnt go past. What the fuck do i know though ;)

To sgossard:

Im kind of lost when it comes to ten c. I cant figure out if this is just happening from the "scalper members" who just sign up, pay the fee, and try to sell everything triple fold OR if ten c even gives a shit. End of the day, they are still selling everything they need to. I wonder if it matters to whom?
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    but are they not available in the stores because there are such few copies? or is it because they are all going right on ebay?... i guess theres really no way to tell... i just have a hunch theres alot more out there than people think... if certain stores were getting up to 20 copies i mean...
    i have no idea....

all i know is that out of 15-20 record stores in chicago.....i have yet to find this album on a shelf....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I always thought there was like a pre determined price for things, that you couldnt go past. What the fuck do i know though ;)

To sgossard:

Im kind of lost when it comes to ten c. I cant figure out if this is just happening from the "scalper members" who just sign up, pay the fee, and try to sell everything triple fold OR if ten c even gives a shit. End of the day, they are still selling everything they need to. I wonder if it matters to whom?
    youre right... from a business stand point it shouldnt matter to them... they sell all their copies for the price they choose and then it is up to the new rightful owner of that album to do as he / she chooses... but that album's material is still owned by ed and i feel it should hold to ed's ethical standards... and 10club should be concerned with the treatment of their fans if theyre a decent fan club at all... then again there are so many fans these days that are complete scum so I wouldnt blame them for letting us fight amongst ourselves and create our own inflated problems!

• Options
    i have no idea....

all i know is that out of 15-20 record stores in chicago.....i have yet to find this album on a shelf....

I talked to a local record store here in Milwaukee and they said they would have them next week (Jan. 29th), but would be selling them for $100 because they are on e-bay for $150. I have not seen the vinyl on the shelf as you are asking.
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    youre right... from a business stand point it shouldnt matter to them... they sell all their copies for the price they choose and then it is up to the new rightful owner of that album to do as he / she chooses... but that album's material is still owned by ed and i feel it should hold to ed's ethical standards... and 10club should be concerned with the treatment of their fans if theyre a decent fan club at all... then again there are so many fans these days that are complete scum so I wouldnt blame them for letting us fight amongst ourselves and create our own inflated problems!

First of all...it's not owned by Ed. Second, you are giving modern Ed too much credit.
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Options
    First of all...it's not owned by Ed. Second, you are giving modern Ed too much credit.
    you dont know ed anymore than i do... we can only speak to his character as has best been painted by his actions over the years... and i gotta say he seems like man of strong integrity... who would be TOTALLY against whats going on here

• Options

How can it not be owned by the man who wrote the music and the lyrics to it all? I mean of course there is ALWAYS someone who writes your pay checks but... fuck.

Ps: are you suggesting ed doesnt really care? Just curious of how people really see this all...
  • Options
    i have 2 record stores each supposedly holding a copy of this fucking album for me.....

if these people call me in a few days and inform me that the album is now anywhere between $100-$150.......

im gonna go fucking ballistic........
  • Options
    i have 2 record stores each supposedly holding a copy of this fucking album for me.....

if these people call me in a few days and inform me that the album is now anywhere between $100-$150.......

glad you found a copy speedy... theres gotta be someone out there with a little integrity... hope yours goes for a normal price

• Options

You should just go to every record store that fucks you over and do a rendition of "Blood" in the most squeaky, sqauking voice humanely possible

Turn speedy into..... one of his fucking enemies!
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    glad you found a copy speedy... theres gotta be someone out there with a little integrity... hope yours goes for a normal price

i had a copy being held at 4 different stores.....just because i knew it sounded too fucking good to be true when i called these places.....

"oh sure...we can hold you a copy...no problem"

2 of these stores have backed out.....

we will see what happens.....
  • Options
    You should just go to every record store that fucks you over and do a rendition of "Blood" in the most squeaky, sqauking voice humanely possible

Turn speedy into..... one of his fucking enemies!
    i think he should rent a big dolphin costume and play the "flipper" theme song non stop in side the store...

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    you dont know ed anymore than i do... we can only speak to his character as has best been painted by his actions over the years... and i gotta say he seems like man of strong integrity... who would be TOTALLY against whats going on here

In the past...maybe...seems to be all about profit and publicity now.

That's my take.

And no, I really don't think he gives a fuck about what's going on. In the end it is only sparking more of an interest in an album that has been pretty much forgotten by the mainstream.
  • Options

That's my take.

And no, I really don't think he gives a fuck about what's going on. In the end it is only sparking more of an interest in an album that has been pretty much forgotten by the mainstream.
    and i really couldnt argue with you.......
  • Options

That's my take.

to each his own i guess... i dont know how you can feel that way and be posting here tho (and ive heard a similar sentiment from many others)... i for one would forever walk away from this band if i found out they no longer have the integrity i have always loved and respected them for... and maybe they dont... i just havent seen anything conclusive enough for me to make that decision... tho little by little its beginning to seem that way :(

as far as sparking interest in the album... its only getting any attention from us the fans who already were gonna get it in the first place... its literally a problem for fans, by fans... FUBU if you will :p

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    to each his own i guess... i dont know how you can feel that way and be posting here tho (and ive heard a similar sentiment from many others)... i for one would forever walk away from this band if i found out they no longer have the integrity i have always loved and respected them for... and maybe they dont... i just havent seen anything conclusive enough for me to make that decision... tho little by little its beginning to seem that way :(

as far as sparking interest in the album... its only getting any attention from us the fans who already were gonna get it in the first place... its literally a problem for fans, by fans... FUBU if you will :p

You seem a little too attached to this band and Ed. FYI: They don't have the Midas touch (see s/t for reference). I can still enjoy thier music even if I don't think they have the same integrity...I'm sensible enough to realize that they are humans like the rest of us and not free of flaws. I don't have to love or respect them on a personal level to enjoy their music and discussing it with other fans...

You sure seem to enjoy telling others what they should and shouldn't be doing. (ie; http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=270722)
  • Options
    Really?

Hell you could be right.... ive seen ed venture down some roads id never thought id see him travel. Having met him, it would break my heart to think he actually didnt really care. Couldnt see a guy who doesnt care getting out of his car and hanging with me and my bud for a solid 5 min. (which 5 min in ed's world is probably worth a week in someone elses)

Darnit....its so hard being a fan of someones work sometimes... seriously. Its aggrivating as fuck.

That's cool that you got to meet him and that he spent some quality time with you.

I just fail to share the same intimate personal connection with the individual members of the band that I do with the music.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That's cool that you got to meet him and that he spent some quality time with you.

I just fail to share the same intimate personal connection with the individual members of the band that I do with the music.

Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    my2hands wrote:
    press more fuckign vinyl so this doesnt happen
    How much more? I'm guessing it costs a whole lot more to press vinyl than a CD, so no one wants to see a bunch of unsold records sitting in a warehouse gathering dust.

It's a nice idea that everyone who wants one should be able to get one, but in practice I'd have thought it's a bit harder than that. If they'd pressed a bunch more so it wasn't limited (or even just said that they had) I don't think as many would have sold as quickly as they did, because it no longer has the perceived value or rarity.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    You seem a little too attached to this band and Ed. FYI: They don't have the Midas touch (see s/t for reference). I can still enjoy thier music even if I don't think they have the same integrity...I'm sensible enough to realize that they are humans like the rest of us and not free of flaws. I don't have to love or respect them on a personal level to enjoy their music and discussing it with other fans...

You sure seem to enjoy telling others what they should and shouldn't be doing. (ie; http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=270722)
    im obviously not gonna obsessively follow a band i know to be assholes... PJ's integrity is what initially drew me to them and the reason they were my very favorite band above other bands which IMO have better songs and more talented musicians (which is not many, but there are a few)

and yah i obviously love to tell people what they should do... no ones gonna listen anyway... im simply looking out for the majority... the people that dont have hundreds to spend on posters and vinyl... awareness could help the issue... thats all im doing... if youve been around on this board before youd know that im not usually one to get on my soapbox so blatently and am usually pretty layed back and fun

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    im obviously not gonna obsessively follow a band i know to be assholes... PJ's integrity is what initially drew me to them and the reason they were my very favorite band above other bands which IMO have better songs and more talented musicians (which is not many, but there are a few)

and yah i obviously love to tell people what they should do... no ones gonna listen anyway... im simply looking out for the majority... the people that dont have hundreds to spend on posters and vinyl... awareness could help the issue... thats all im doing... if youve been around on this board before youd know that im not usually one to get on my soapbox so blatently and am usually pretty layed back and fun

Perhaps this board should have a trading section where the board members determine the market for items. That way you would know who was ripping who off. Ebay is full of flippers, but if there was a trading section regulated by the members then you could easily identify any flippers and trade/buy items with people you have relationships with. I suggested this awhile back, but nothing ever came of it. The powers in charge are too busy banning people for frivilous reasons to actually listen to our ideas.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    my local record store be here next fri for $22 plus tax.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    bazzer wrote:
    How much more? I'm guessing it costs a whole lot more to press vinyl than a CD, so no one wants to see a bunch of unsold records sitting in a warehouse gathering dust.

It's a nice idea that everyone who wants one should be able to get one, but in practice I'd have thought it's a bit harder than that. If they'd pressed a bunch more so it wasn't limited (or even just said that they had) I don't think as many would have sold as quickly as they did, because it no longer has the perceived value or rarity.

But every other successful business in the world manages to get by estimating the demand for their product, why shouldn't ten club (I mean a grocery store knows how many apples to buy each week and their is rarely a shortage on apples)? To me there is no reason not to print more other then to generate buzz and get people on message boards talking. (yes they cost more to print but it is not like they are selling them for a loss to begin with). As far as printing low numbers so that it will sell quickly because of its perceived value, isn't that just playing into the flippers hands?
  • Options
    Kind like how Vintage Vinyl throws up a Soldier Field LP up on the bay every month or so. I bet they've got boxes of them in the back. Seems very wrong of them to do it but they do.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    But every other successful business in the world manages to get by estimating the demand for their product, why shouldn't ten club (I mean a grocery store knows how many apples to buy each week and their is rarely a shortage on apples)? To me there is no reason not to print more other then to generate buzz and get people on message boards talking. (yes they cost more to print but it is not like they are selling them for a loss to begin with). As far as printing low numbers so that it will sell quickly because of its perceived value, isn't that just playing into the flippers hands?
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Well according the most people on here... The ten club is just a perfect little angel who dispenses pearl jam gifts .... and has no control over product and product demand...

You are right my friend...

Hell if it is too risky to have the left over inventory, they could do pre-orders. Give people a week or whatever to get in their orders for something they know is going to be popular (like Into the Wild Vinyl). Then only print that many (with a few more for broken ones). It makes sure the die hard fans get what they want for a fair price and eliminates any risk of having overstock.
  • Options
    like my granny used to say

po folk gots po ways
    the Minions