Options

so this ASSHOLE record store......

Comments

• Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Name names please, was it reckless?

I have a go worker that also works there so if it was i will be compelled to investigate......
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    who was going to save me a copy of into the wild vinyl....

who yesterday said..."oh sure no problem we have copies coming in later this week"

just called me and says....."well we are not getting any copies now...the 10club has sold all the copies on there own website....there were only 2000 copies available.....now they are on ebay for $150".....

and i say....

"you my friend are a fucking LIAR"...heheheh

"I have a feeling you will now be selling YOUR FUCKING COPIES on EBAY.....RIGHT?????"

he hung up the phone.....hehehehehe

You're saying he's done something not very professional and that he 'bought' those lps and will be flipping them. Have you proof of this? Or are you just really pissed off because you didn't get a copy when you thought it was a done deal?
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:

I have a go worker that also works there so if it was i will be compelled to investigate......
    not reckless....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:

yah if it was reckless i would also be more curious... cause i emailed someone from reckless a couple weeks ago and he said he would try to put in on reserve for me if / when he got copies in... i have always been happy with their services in the past tho
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    redrock wrote:
    You're saying he's done something not very professional and that he 'bought' those lps and will be flipping them. Have you proof of this? Or are you just really pissed off because you didn't get a copy when you thought it was a done deal?

I think its that retail record stores lying about not having copies so that they can sell them on Ebay for more profit is BS!

...though i think I would be pissed if my record store tells me they are reserving me a copy and I count on it and then they lie through their teeth and say they have none just so that they can resell them somewhere else for more.... (again they can do whatever they please with their copies, but I still think its BS)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    im saying yesterday he called me and quoted me a price....$21.99...
    im saying he said the would have 8-10 copies.....
    im saying he said he would gladly save me a copy....

then today everything changed.....

all of a sudden they were not getting any copies....
    but he sure knew how much they were selling for on ebay....
    he knew exactly how many albums were being disributed....

im saying it just doesnt seem right.......

the only thing i have proof of.....iis that this guy WAS FULL OF SHIT!!!!

that fact i have proof of.....
  • Options
    I just got off the phone with my local record store about getting a copy of the ITW vinyl. He said they would be getting it in but the kicker is that they would be selling it for $100. His reasoning was that the vinyl is selling for $150 on e-bay. I think that is complete BS. I don't know why they can't sell it for retail.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Funny story here:

Just called my local independant store. Inquired about the ITW vinyl. Asked the girl on the phone, who was actually honest.
    She imediately says "uh" like 5 times, then laughs and tells me that they will be getting them in tomorrow, BUT, the owner wil be taking them immediately when they get in because "they are going for a crazy amount of money right now on Ebay"!!!! No fn lie. She said to come in and see if he's willing to sell me it and at what price!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, I just laughed and said bye.

Unreal.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    see this a joke, the 10C tries to support local record shops by giving them these LP's and they turn around and try to screw us......10C just could have kept the extra copies and sold them to us and everyone would have been happy....

I know record stores struggle to make it by but shit this is only going to hurt business IMO :(

Hopefully the grocery stores don't start doing this with fruit that is out of season :D
  • Options
    ok....

so had the 10CLUB informed us from the beginning that this album would be RELEASED NATIONWIDE IN STORES.....

then there is a good chance that the pearl jam freaks wouldnt have PANICKED and started to pay $150 on ebay for this.....

right?????

and we wouldnt be dealing with record stores now selling it to us for $150....

bleh......

FUCK THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    not reckless....

okay so it is the one that is by Chipotle the right..... that is cool I have always wanted to in there but now I think I will stay away and give my money to someone else.....

did you get one on the 21st from the Aero place? ;)
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    exactly......

he knew the second i called him a fucking liar.....i had him figured out....

he is only 3 blocks from my house.....im thinking of going over there and having some fun.....just giving him some shit....

anyone here who has met me knows i can get quite animated....heheheheheh

Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    KDH12 wrote:
    see this a joke, the 10C tries to support local record shops by giving them these LP's and they turn around and try to screw us......10C just could have kept the extra copies and sold them to us and everyone would have been happy....

I know record stores struggle to make it by but shit this is only going to hurt business IMO :(

Hopefully the grocery stores don't start doing this with fruit that is out of season :D

Or they could have just made enough records so that everyone who wanted one could get one. Like I said in a previous thread, there is a reason you can get a copy of Ten on CD off of ebay for about 5 bucks.

And the more posts I read the more amused I get. There have been so many times where I have read on this board about how local independent record stores are always great and big chain stores are always bad. It seems in this case that it might not really be true.
  • Options
    Or they could have just made enough records so that everyone who wanted one could get one. Like I said in a previous thread, there is a reason you can get a copy of Ten on CD off of ebay for about 5 bucks.

And the more posts I read the more amused I get. There have been so many times where I have read on this board about how local independent record stores are always great and big chain stores are always bad. It seems in this case that it might not really be true.

Most people are skeeves, ive come to accept this! Large company or small busisness. Tis the way of the land...
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Funny story here:

Just called my local independant store. Inquired about the ITW vinyl. Asked the girl on the phone, who was actually honest.
    She imediately says "uh" like 5 times, then laughs and tells me that they will be getting them in tomorrow, BUT, the owner wil be taking them immediately when they get in because "they are going for a crazy amount of money right now on Ebay"!!!! No fn lie. She said to come in and see if he's willing to sell me it and at what price!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, I just laughed and said bye.

Unreal.

I just got off the phone with my local record store about getting a copy of the ITW vinyl. He said they would be getting it in but the kicker is that they would be selling it for $100. His reasoning was that the vinyl is selling for $150 on e-bay. I think that is complete BS. I don't know why they can't sell it for retail.

:mad:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    ok....

so had the 10CLUB informed us from the beginning that this album would be RELEASED NATIONWIDE IN STORES.....

then there is a good chance that the pearl jam freaks wouldnt have PANICKED and started to pay $150 on ebay for this.....

right?????

and we wouldnt be dealing with record stores now selling it to us for $150....

bleh......

FUCK THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!!
    you are being your usual sarcastic self right?

they DID tell us from the very beginning it would be released in stores... even gave us a date... jan 29th... why people are paying what they are is outrageous... this whole thing is really starting to piss me off... since when did ebay become the gold standard?!? 10C has to step in and do something... theres some serious integrity issues going on here! its not about the vinyl anymore... standards are being made that are gonna eventually apply to and corrupt everything PJ... and its because of the greed of our fellow fans... its disgusting... if things keep going down this path im gonna have to walk away from being a big PJ fan

• Options
    Are you for real? WTF ... if thats so (about contacting the record stores)

this is fucked.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    sgossard3 wrote:

they DID tell us from the very beginning it would be released in stores... even gave us a date... jan 29th... why people are paying what they are is outrageous... this whole thing is really starting to piss me off... since when did ebay become the gold standard?!? 10C has to step in and do something... theres some serious integrity issues going on here! its not about the vinyl anymore... standards are being made that are gonna eventually apply to and corrupt everything PJ... and its because of the greed of our fellow fans... its disgusting... if things keep going down this path im gonna have to walk away from being a big PJ fan

Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:

i thought from the beginning...

we were told limited edition exclusive to 10club members....

am i wrong?????

didnt we not know it would be available on other sights??

or am i wrong????

did we know from the beginning it was going to be released nationwide???
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    just like the posters...

press more fuckign vinyl so this doesnt happen

the tenclub really needs to stop being so damn secretive about shit ans stop hyping shit up... because their fans are getting fucked in the process of their manufactured hype
  • Options
    find his ebay store or user id make an ebay account and bid them all up and then walk out. and go into his store and mess with him. be like you wouldnt believe how much those records are going for on ebay. i saw (how many he listed) of them going for $2500. jeez i wish i could afford one being such a devote pj fan.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    just like the posters...

THANK YOU. Smartest post of the day.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    my2hands wrote:
    just like the posters...

the tenclub really needs to stop being so damn secretive about shit ans stop hyping shit up... because their fans are getting fucked in the process of their manufactured hype

Exactly what I have been saying. They know that a huge market is going to exist for this kind of stuff, so why not at least try to satisfy that market. Otherwise you are the ones creating this situation. I would really be curious if anyone from the band or 10club would go on the record with their thoughts on this situation, since they have the most power to prevent it from happening.
  • Options

am i wrong?????

or am i wrong????

the first i heard of the release i thought i remember reading that it would be released in stores on the 29th... i dont remember anything about other websites... and i kindof thought there would be a difference with the 10C version and the store version... but from what ive heard they are the same exact thing... and it also seems there are alot of copies available all over the nation... people shouldve done their hw... ive never seen anything so widely available become so rapidly inflated

• Options

am i wrong?????

or am i wrong????

The way that I read it information in the beginning was that it WAS going to be released in stores but that there was going to be a pre-sale at 10C for a limited edition version however that was only half right....

it is in stores, also in limited quantities and the same version in the 10C pre-sale
  • Options
    you know...

this is kind of opening old wounds up :D

Do you honestly know how many times ive dreamt that i actually owned the benaroya lp set? I mean, i can still fucking taste it! It will never happen though.. not in a million freakin years...and that gets my goat where it hurts :P
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    the first i heard of the release i thought i remember reading that it would be released in stores on the 29th... i dont remember anything about other websites... and i kindof thought there would be a difference with the 10C version and the store version... but from what ive heard they are the same exact thing... and it also seems there are alot of copies available all over the nation... people shouldve done their hw... ive never seen anything so widely available become so rapidly inflated
    here in chicago.....

i HAVE NOT FOUND ONE STORE that has it on the shelf yet.....NOT ONE...

i would like ONE CHICAGO person to tell me if they have bought it yet....from a record store......

ive talked to 15-20 record stores on the phone in the last week.....
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Can you imagine the fuckjob for the people who got shut out of the online sales and then thought "ok, ill just wait to get one from my valued local independant music store"? LOL, then to find out that these people are holding everyone at gunpoint as well?

Is this all legal, really? I guess its their inventory, so I suppose they can set any price they want for it. Still, total garbage.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    has anyone informed 10C of whats going on here?? is there anything we can do?? this is literally making me sick to my stomach! Ed would be disgusted if he heard what is going on with his record... 10C should just pull all the copies from these stores and distribute them themselves... this definitely isnt a 10C problem tho for not pressing enough copies... this is a 10Clubber problem for all of us automatically buying into the hype and buying these items for investments instead of what theyre meant for (same goes for posters)

• Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    The way that I read it information in the beginning was that it WAS going to be released in stores but that there was going to be a pre-sale at 10C for a limited edition version however that was only half right....

it is in stores, also in limited quantities and the same version in the 10C pre-sale
    sounds right......