Options

* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
thankfully the season is right around the corner...

who is your squad?

what are your predictions?

anyone else have season tickets? i, for one, cannot wait to tailgate on 9/12 after the 3rd preseason game you just want to fast forward two weeks to opening day.

looks like aaron rogers is in mid season form already judging from last night's performance. that team's gonna put some points on the board. their defense on the other hand?....eh.....

chime in one and all

and,
GO BIRDS!! :mrgreen:
chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Da Bears

can't even get single ticekts...well, i could have, but 250 per ticket (face value mind you) is too rich for my blood.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    thought this was interesting...

when sam bradford eventually starts a game for the Rams, he will be the first ever QB from the university of oklahoma to start an NFL game (troy aikman doesn't count since he transferred to UCLA).

that's pretty crazy

My prediction is that by 2015 NFL players won't need pads anymore. Roger Goodell is trying to turn the NFL into flag football with all of these weak rule changes. The defense has a strike zone on the QB for christ sake
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    81 wrote:
    Da Bears

can't even get single ticekts...well, i could have, but 250 per ticket (face value mind you) is too rich for my blood.

how's cutler gonna work out in martz's offense? i thought that was an odd fit when martz was went there.

i got some buddies heading out to chi town for the birds game this year. wish i could've gone.

is soldier field as weird in person as it looks on tv?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I hate hate hate the Eagles, and I'm a Philly guy. I loved them up until last year when they signed Vick which made me really rethink the organization. They are arrogant and are jealous of the Phillies, if you live in Philly you know exactly what I'm talking about. I've simply had enough losing. I don't support any other team but am hoping for a Redskins (MaNabb) and Bengals (TO) superbowl this year just as a shot at the organization.
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    I hate hate hate the Eagles, and I'm a Philly guy. I loved them up until last year when they signed Vick which made me really rethink the organization. They are arrogant and are jealous of the Phillies, if you live in Philly you know exactly what I'm talking about. I've simply had enough losing. I don't support any other team but am hoping for a Redskins (MaNabb) and Bengals (TO) superbowl this year just as a shot at the organization.

have you checked out the fraud thread?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    fuck a bunch of pre-season
    fuck all star games, too

go panthers!!
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    marcos wrote:

andy reid is the man. I hear you though, the vick thing still doesn't make sense to me. Not only is he a dispicable human being, but he sucks as a football player
  • Options
    ajarv21ajarv21 Posts: 15
    Da Bears,

Hopefully have a winning season, but being a life long Bears fan disappointment is right around the corner.

To the Jeagler

The outside of Soldier Field is garbage, it looks like a giant spaceship, but the seating is great. They pretty much built the seats straight up, so there isnt a bad view anywhere.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    marcos wrote:

andy reid is the man. I hear you though, the vick thing still doesn't make sense to me. Not only is he a dispicable human being, but he sucks as a football player

It's just the organization trying to prove they're smarter then everyone and failure to admit a mistake. They will never win with this attitude. The Phillies admitted a mistake by trading for Oswalt, but lately Cliff Lee hasn't looked that good, though the prospects we got for Lee still haven't looked good. At least they admit their mistake.
  • Options
    jnaughtjnaught Posts: 74
    J-E-T-S JETS! JETS!! JETS!!!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Big Blue!! Go Giants!

Just gonna have to let the season playout because being a Giants fan, you don't know what you're gonna get.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    marcos wrote:

It's just the organization trying to prove they're smarter then everyone and failure to admit a mistake. They will never win with this attitude. The Phillies admitted a mistake by trading for Oswalt, but lately Cliff Lee hasn't looked that good, though the prospects we got for Lee still haven't looked good. At least they admit their mistake.

I think the 'admit a mistake thing' is kinda nonsense. I could care less what the eagles management says. They consistently put good teams out there. that's really all I care about.

reid and banner are right a hell of a lot more than they're wrong
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I get that, but I would rather have a team that wins a Superbowl, at least once, and I'll deal with the few years of sucking.
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I get that, but I would rather have a team that wins a Superbowl, at least once, and I'll deal with the few years of sucking.

so would i.

we're moving in the right direction though. you can't abandon your hometown team though man.

this is like 2000 again.....hop on board buddy!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

so would i.

we're moving in the right direction though. you can't abandon your hometown team though man.

this is like 2000 again.....hop on board buddy!

fair enough...I understand that rationale.

agree with jeags though, gotta stick with the philly teams through good and bad
  • Options
    WP72720WP72720 Posts: 53
    marcos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    marcos wrote:

Your obviously not a true eagles fan if you can switch teams that easily. True fans bleed green. It's funny you say you hate them since Vick got signed and he is despicable. Then you go on to praise T.O., who is just a despicable. Let me guess You probably watch the T.O. show and thinks it's great. Besides Vick is not even the starter, it's Kevin Kolb. Vick is there for insurance purposes. McNabb blew in preseason, just like he blew the past ten years.

The last thing i had to say was.......Any dude that has Tom Cruise as their user avater is a joke and must be a Redskins fan
  • Options
    I totally agree with the Roger Goodell bashing. This game is changing under his administration.

I predict the beginning of the New Orleans Saints dynasty. GEAUX SAINTS!
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    GO STEELERS
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Bears, Cutler and Martz will be fine IF the o line can block anybody. so far, not so good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,690
    klusterfuk wrote:
    GO STEELERS
    this^^^^

Think we got a shot at adding ring #7.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    muck the steelers

i think i hate them more than green bay and the vikings
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    muck the steelers

do you mind answering why that is? Just curious.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    muck the steelers

i worked with one too many steeler fans. they annoyed the crap out of me. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    E-A-G-L-E-S. EAGLES! :D Go birds
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    muck the steelers

i worked with one too many steeler fans. they annoyed the crap out of me. :lol:
    We ARE everywhere. hehehe

• Options
    WP72720 wrote:
    Your obviously not a true eagles fan if you can switch teams that easily. True fans bleed green. It's funny you say you hate them since Vick got signed and he is despicable. Then you go on to praise T.O., who is just a despicable. Let me guess You probably watch the T.O. show and thinks it's great. Besides Vick is not even the starter, it's Kevin Kolb. Vick is there for insurance purposes. McNabb blew in preseason, just like he blew the past ten years.

The last thing i had to say was.......Any dude that has Tom Cruise as their user avater is a joke and must be a Redskins fan

That's very funny. But how you compare Vick and TO as similar tells me you are definitely an Eagles fan as you have no understanding or respect for the law. Vick committed serious crimes, TO is just an idiot. I'm not aware of him torturing and murdering any living creature. And I get that they were dogs but they were still living nonetheless. And OK, dog fighting is a thing down south in some places, but torture and murder; really? Many of history's psychopaths began torturing and killing small animals and then went on to bigger ones like humans. And I don't mean to say that all Eagles fans don't understand the law, after all there was a jail cell in the basement of the Vet and I'm sure many learned terms like bail or disorderly conduct, and I suppose understanding other laws is a stretch, but I was hoping.
  • Options
    i'm against the whole 18 game season thing. i'd rather just cut 2 preseason games and be done with it. i would guess most teams would go back to scrimmaging each other during camp which is actually pretty cool to watch.

one good thing about the 18 game schedule is for the potential to have the super bowl played on presidents day weekend every year because you'd have a built in holiday the day after. that would be insanely awesome...and potentially life threatening for my liver. eitherway--that would be the only cool thing about it in my eyes.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i'm against the whole 18 game season thing. i'd rather just cut 2 preseason games and be done with it. i would guess most teams would go back to scrimmaging each other during camp which is actually pretty cool to watch.

one good thing about the 18 game schedule is for the potential to have the super bowl played on presidents day weekend every year because you'd have a built in holiday the day after. that would be insanely awesome...and potentially life threatening for my liver. eitherway--that would be the only cool thing about it in my eyes.

I agree, the 18 game schedule is stupid. also, the NFL season should start on labor day weekend every year.

roger goodell is hellbent on ruining the NFL. he stinks
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree, the 18 game schedule is stupid. also, the NFL season should start on labor day weekend every year.

roger goodell is hellbent on ruining the NFL. he stinks

tagliboooo pushed the first week back. i wish it would start earlier too--but a lot of people are on vacation that weekend and ratings are down. it makes good business sense starting a week later.

t minus 15 days and counting.... :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mathew stafford...this kid's gonna put up some numbers this year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.