Options

Kings of Leon gig cancelled due to bird shit

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    You guys would work while you and $50000 worth of your personal property get shit on?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    DewieCox wrote:
    You guys would work while you and $50000 worth of your personal property get shit on?

oh please it was bird shit. not agent orange ffs.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Is that really a yes? So tomorrow grab a couple pigeons on your way to work. Set one in a cage above your head and let one loose in your car.

I'd be mad at the venue personally.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Is that really a yes? So tomorrow grab a couple pigeons on your way to work. Set one in a cage above your head and let one loose in your car.

I'd be mad at the venue personally.

what it is is a giant laugh at KoL for being so precious. over a dozen people lost their lives at a festival in germany this weekend and KoL walk off cause a bird shat on them. seems the more fans they got the less sense of humour theyve retained.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Seems like the Chicago show went off without a hitch, so that's good.

However, this band should be ashamed of themselves for only playing 18-20 song sets. They have 4 good albums to pull from (and are even playing 3-4 songs from the new record).

Is it asking too much? Or is it what should be expected when a band only has 4 albums out? For shits and giggles, I took a quick look at PJ's No Code tour. They were routinely playing between 24-28 songs a night (sometimes more). I know we're spoiled with them, but geez.

Oh well, as long as I get to hear Trani in Hartford, I'll be happy.

Still, bands like Green Day and Alice In Chains have big catalogs and usually only play 17-18 songs a night. PJ does spoil us
  • Options
    what it is is a giant laugh at KoL for being so precious. over a dozen people lost their lives at a festival in germany this weekend and KoL walk off cause a bird shat on them. seems the more fans they got the less sense of humour theyve retained.

That's kinda reachin. How's that really related? The guy got shit in his mouth after the opening band got shit on quite a bit. Sure people have rocked through more but I can't really fault the guy for not wantin shit on him or thousands of dollars in gear he uses.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

However, this band should be ashamed of themselves for only playing 18-20 song sets. They have 4 good albums to pull from (and are even playing 3-4 songs from the new record).

Is it asking too much? Or is it what should be expected when a band only has 4 albums out? For shits and giggles, I took a quick look at PJ's No Code tour. They were routinely playing between 24-28 songs a night (sometimes more). I know we're spoiled with them, but geez.

Still, bands like Green Day and Alice In Chains have big catalogs and usually only play 17-18 songs a night. PJ does spoil us

in defense of the the other bands-they actually tour for extended periods of time-doing 28 songs a night would kill em

PJ has spoiled us but it is one of the reasons they do shorter tours-eds voice would be shot if they tried to keep that pace up for six months or whatever

But I dont blame KOL for walking off-Id guess it was a bit more than one bird-and thats gross and unsanitary
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    in defense of the the other bands-they actually tour for extended periods of time-doing 28 songs a night would kill em

PJ was doin 28 songs a night even through the extended tours.
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Those birds get a ton of respect in my book now.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

PJ was doin 28 songs a night even through the extended tours.
    they used to, but havent in awhile
    and they havent toured like the kings for a LONG time
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Those birds get a ton of respect in my book now.
    No shit. :D
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    DewieCox wrote:

That's kinda reachin. How's that really related? The guy got shit in his mouth after the opening band got shit on quite a bit. Sure people have rocked through more but I can't really fault the guy for not wantin shit on him or thousands of dollars in gear he uses.
    Exactly, If I was in a band I'd try to last a little bit longer than they did, but if I was continually getting shit on, you can be damned sure I wouldn't be playing a full set.
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    http://www.birdbusters.com/scare_bird_owl_decoy.html

Problem solved...No more poop on your vintage gear and sweet boy vintage clothing.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    "according to my trusty thermometer is was about 93 degrees at show time, and i don't care who you are, playing in a 90+ degree outdoor arena is never an optimal concert condition, especially when it is repeated day after day... as evidenced by tom petty's band mates collapsing on stage due to heat illness last week..and i can also say that i have been told there are internal issues within the band, so maybe this was just an excuse to mask a bigger issue????? this is a band that has never ever been able to resist the urge to have a fist fight between members.....so be careful of what you read the next several days...."

Ha ha ha, try being at a NIN show in 105 degree weather show time in Saratoga Springs back in 06. NIN didn't even miss a beat and all Trent said was "It....is.......fucking.....hot......up.......here"
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    It's a bit easier to understand now,with more information coming out. Sounds like they were being shat on continuously for the first 15-20 minutes. At first, it sounded like it happened once, and they just walked off stage. However, being shit on non-stop through the first 3 songs would be tough to deal with.

However, the way they handled it is unacceptable. Someone from the band should have came out and explained the situation. Even if they had to say, "listen, Jared got some bird shit in his mouth, and he needs to go to the hospital to be looked at. We'll be back to play for you as soon as we possibly can.....thanks" That would at least explain some things.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Not the first time they have walked off stage during a show. I saw them at the paradise in Boston 2007. Caleb became annoyed with a few people in the crowd and slammed his microphone in the floor after Trani and walked off the stage.

Great band, but definitely high maintenance.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    I saw a green day setlist from a few days ago and it was 28 songs. Saw them for the American idiot tour and the show lasted about two hours. Pretty good in my opinion.

PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    I agree with DewieCox, I doubt any of us would sit at work and be continuously shit on all day. IMO, the venue should be doing something about this. They obviously knew it was a problem ahead of time. Also, it may not be agent orange, but it's not some random bird either. Pigeons carry lots of diseases. They're nasty!

Anyway, I'm still laughing hysterically over someone calling them "pre madonnas" back on the first page of this thread. I assume that means prima donnas, unless people were big sissies before Madonna became famous. :P That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!! :lol:
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    I saw a green day setlist from a few days ago and it was 28 songs. Saw them for the American idiot tour and the show lasted about two hours. Pretty good in my opinion.

i could be wrong about green day then. but when i saw them last summer on the 21st century breakdown tour i believe they played 18 songs, and that whole tour had similar setlists so i assumed they were all that length

• Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Now if they had all dressed like this there would have been no problem!!

3692a.jpg
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    many green day songs are like 2 minutes
    -but they are a great live band
    and did someone actually compare the no code tour to current events?

that was 14 years ago bro!

c'mon, there are only a few bands that play three hour shows with different sets and tour extensively
    wilco is one
    furthur is another

cant think of another at the moment
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    jervin007 wrote:
    Not the first time they have walked off stage during a show. I saw them at the paradise in Boston 2007. Caleb became annoyed with a few people in the crowd and slammed his microphone in the floor after Trani and walked off the stage.

you should check out youtube. caleb always slams the microphone down after trani.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:

you should check out youtube. caleb always slams the microphone down after trani.

thats cause hes a woman trapped in a mans body and singing that song just frustrates the hell out of him.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yeah, I've seen them 8 times and seen him do it before. However, this time it was before the first set even ended and they didn't return for an encore. I should also add that Caleb spit into the audience before he stormed off.

Maybe I should have told the whole story, but didn't want to write an essay on my phone.
    jervin007 wrote:

PJ:

• Options
    DewieCox wrote:

didnt say it was. just saying is all.

SharonC wrote:
    I agree with DewieCox, I doubt any of us would sit at work and be continuously shit on all day. IMO, the venue should be doing something about this. They obviously knew it was a problem ahead of time. Also, it may not be agent orange, but it's not some random bird either. Pigeons carry lots of diseases. They're nasty!

Anyway, I'm still laughing hysterically over someone calling them "pre madonnas" back on the first page of this thread. I assume that means prima donnas, unless people were big sissies before Madonna became famous. :P That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!! :lol:

oh i know continually being shat on is not a good thing and yes the venue should have done something about it. i just found it amusing. did someone from the bands team not notice the birds beforehand??? im thinking not. or else they were assured it wouldnt be a problem. in which case whos dumb enough to stand under a bird for any amount of time. :lol:

p.s. let it be known if its not already that i am a fan of KoL and have been for years.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    The birds know what's up.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    lelelele Posts: 2
    i was there in the front row. they were NOT shat on continually and it was only on jared who happens to be the most metrosexual of the group. the first steam of crap fell and it was nasty - looked like water... the bass player for the first band got hit and laughed, the second band came on that the crap was falling again in the same spot for them and this guy got hit more than once and again they laughed, finished their set and went off. we could tell nacho was asking and worried about the pigeon and what was going on. they had people with flashlights etc and KOL came out. my husband said this will be an issue i am sure knowing how into his look jared is. they started and of course it happened.... at the most three times. all jared had to do was move like the other bass players did. they seem to have gotten to into their looks and so robotic they hardly move from their "spots" on stage. so after three songs they took off. we waited for hours in the heat to see them and i was in shock when they took off, said nothing and had someone come on to announce. i blame the venue the most... that place has turned into a complete dump. get rid of the pigeons! but come on kings of leon - shake it off and play! i realized how much more i like pearl jam than KOL after friday. they have became as predictable as their tired setlist they play in every city. they are talented guys and hope they redeem themselves and schedule a date soon and get a little more vedder rockstar in them and a little less mariah carey diva. barf!
  • Options
    TriumphantAngelTriumphantAngel Posts: 1,760
    their publicist released a statement saying the shit landed near his mouth. it's not like he swallowed it or anything. they are not nearly as big as they think they are to pull shit like that.

toughen up princesses. don't ever go and perform again in Australia if you are going to let something like pigeon shit get in the way of things. musicians there swallow flies and just keep on rocking,

divas.
  • Options
    their publicist released a statement saying the shit landed near his mouth. it's not like he swallowed it or anything. they are not nearly as big as they think they are to pull shit like that.

toughen up princesses. don't ever go and perform again in Australia if you are going to let something like pigeon shit get in the way of things. musicians there swallow flies and just keep on rocking,

divas.

mmm tasty. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    On the other hand, if I person didn't have to stand there and get shat upon, why should he?! :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&