Options

Unusual Favorite Songs

Comments

• Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,066
    Marker in The Sand.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    Long Road!

Love the version from Tribute to Heroes...Eddie, Mike and "Uncle" Neil...it's brilliant.
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    thefin190 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Gibson wrote:
    Marker in the Sand.
    I love Marker, not sure why its not more popular. Eddie sings it so fine and does that do wop thing in the end, it is very cool, and I always picture him dancing although I've never been lucky enough to see it live.
    I would love to see it outdoor, I am crossing my fingers for their next Gorge shows. I know they did it before, but they've only played the song seven times since 2006.
    I've seen it outdoor. I wasn't expecting that - I went complete nuts! Batshit. Time of my life.
    Apparently that was the worst version ever. :lol:
  • Options
    Unusual ones I like: Bu$hleaguer, Help Help, Outta My Mind. Faithfull might not be unusual, but for a #1 favorite it probably is. I would say that Hard To Imagine isn't an unusual favorite to have though, that song just kicks ass.
  • Options
    For me it's U & Fatal

When Fatal was played in the Buffalo show it did it for me even with Ed messing up in the beginning =)
    And he who forgets...will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    generally pj's unusual songs are the ones i love the most because theyre so unique and experimental. it shows the diversity of them band. and i'm a sucker for psychedelic tunes. so instead of making a huge list of the unusual pj i love i'll just name probably my ultimate unusual pj song - SLEIGHT OF HAND - that shit is a masterpiece. takes me to another world.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Satan's Bed
    Sleight of Hand
    Brain of J
    Fatal
    You Are
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    I wish they´ll play Man of The Hour more often ;)
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    cant keep
    save you
    love boat captain
    cropduster
    ghost
    i am mine
    thumbing my way
    you are
    get right
    green disease
    help help
    bushleaguer
    1/2 full
    arc
    all or none

:D
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    DOWN !!!!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Undone
    No Way
    Unemployable
    Alone
    W.M.A.

Just a few :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    catschellercatscheller Posts: 228
    thefin190 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Gibson wrote:
    Marker in the Sand.
    I love Marker, not sure why its not more popular. Eddie sings it so fine and does that do wop thing in the end, it is very cool, and I always picture him dancing although I've never been lucky enough to see it live.
    I would love to see it outdoor, I am crossing my fingers for their next Gorge shows. I know they did it before, but they've only played the song seven times since 2006.

Although I haven't seen it outside, I did see it in Columbus this year and even Eddie introduced it by saying something like, "Come on. You gotta dance to this one!" It has definitely grown on me since seeing it and I now wish that I had had more of an appreciation for the song when I saw it live!

I agree with another poster that it's so great to see the diversity of favorites (and least favorites) here!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    wsoltiswsoltis Posts: 31
    I don't think these are all that unusual, but they may not be at the top of most fans lists...

Oceans
    Go
    Sometimes
    Smile
    Sad
    Insignificance
    Of The Girl
    Grievance

I agree with a previous post that BInaural is so underrated (although the lyrics arent't particularly uplifting)

Ghost
    Big Wave
    Inside Job
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Sleight of Hand
    Love Boat Captain
    All or None
  • Options
    PyouPPyouP Posts: 25
    All those yesterdays....15 shows and counting w/o hearing it live.
    Song is amazing
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    right now i'm really into rival, sad, and hard to imagine
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    Alone

First time i heard it live was @ Vote for Change show in '04. It was amazing. Wish they'd release that show...Of course I havent heard it live since and i wont hold my breath for future shows....i love how he changes the lyrics all the time w/ that song...never know what your gonna get.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    Sleight of Hand is one of my all time favorites, and I think that might be a rare one among the bunch, as far as being a FAVORITE

Heck yeah! "Sleight of Hand" is a top PJ song for me. It's also a rare one that I don't think holds up as well live...the studio version is just so atmospheric and layered, it never quite sounds right to me live, but I still wish they'd play it more live regardless!

"Sad," "Strangest Tribe," and "In My Tree" are also somewhat unusual favorites, all would make my Top 20 PJ song list probably, although I suppose "In My Tree" may not be considered that "unusual"?
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    Forgot two, and these are ones you don't hear much about: "Fatal" (Binaural is so good even the b-sides RULE) and "Unemployable"!!!
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,442
    Can we agree that Sad & Present Tense are not unusual favorites?

Of the Girl is one of my favorites; I think it's a little bit unusual.

I'm a big fan of 4/20/02.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493
    W.M.A.
    No Way
    Insignificance
    Sad and Education (Binaural would have been so much better with these songs replacing some of the others)
    Unemployable
    Inside Job
    Can't Keep
    Green Disease
  • Options
    jbohlen10jbohlen10 Posts: 11
    DO THE EVOLUTION!! Maybe I love it more when they play it live. Lots of dancing involved...
  • Options
    catschellercatscheller Posts: 228
    W.M.A.
    No Way
    Insignificance
    Sad and Education (Binaural would have been so much better with these songs replacing some of the others)
    Unemployable
    Inside Job
    Can't Keep
    Green Disease

I've recently revisited Riot Act and have discovered that Can't Keep is also now one of my new favorites! I think it's really interesting how songs hit you differently at different times in your life.
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    I would die and go to heaven if I saw a show with all of these!

Sad (seems to be popular around here)
    Fatal
    Education
    Alone
    Down
    Sleight of Hand
    Sometimes
    Come Back
    No Way
    Of The Girl
    Thin Air
    All Those Yesterdays
    Thumbing My Way
    Soon Forget
    Gone
    Smile
    I Am Mine
    Pry, To (seriously!)
    And of course, Sweet Lew. (I keed, I keed) :D
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    the two songs that started this love affair were DTE and Push Me Pull Me, while DTE is one of the big songs, i find push me pull me rarely gets much love, i just love how it feels that mike and stone's guitar's kindv'e pull you in each way like a current in the sea, since ive gotten into the band their has been loads of others that ive gotten into that aren't the usual favourites, at the moment NAIS, in my tree are the ones that are top of the list, to see live anyway
  • Options
    craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    I've always been a fan of "Help Help"
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    I love:
    Dead Man
    Evacuation
    Cropduster
    Can't Keep
    Leatherman
    In the moonlight
    Parachutes
    All seem to be somewhat under the radar songs...

And, although it's only a pj related song, Felicity's Surprise is one of my all time favorite songs in general.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Passim wrote:
    I would die and go to heaven if I saw a show with all of these!

Sad (seems to be popular around here)
    Fatal
    Education
    Alone
    Down
    Sleight of Hand
    Sometimes
    Come Back
    No Way
    Of The Girl
    Thin Air
    All Those Yesterdays
    Thumbing My Way
    Soon Forget
    Gone
    Smile
    I Am Mine
    Pry, To (seriously!)
    And of course, Sweet Lew. (I keed, I keed) :D

How could I forget Down? Great song, I have no idea how it didn't make the cut for Riot Act.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    World Wide Suicide

That single came out exactly the time I legitimately got into pearl jam. I absolutely love WWS. Every time I hear it in a bootleg I always have to song along to it.

I also love Undone. Best B side they've made. And yet they play Down more. Ohhh wellllll

EDIT: best B side binaural and on they've done***
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,617
    World Wide Suicide

That single came out exactly the time I legitimately got into pearl jam. I absolutely love WWS. Every time I hear it in a bootleg I always have to song along to it.

I also love Undone. Best B side they've made. And yet they play Down more. Ohhh wellllll

EDIT: best B side binaural and on they've done***
    IMO i wouldn't really consider WWS as an "unusual" song
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2