Options

Unusual Favorite Songs

124»

Comments

• Options
    Am I seriously the first one to mention TREMOR F'N CHRIST??!!!

My ALL-TIME favorite.
    331xxx

Reading 10.01.04
    Philadelphia 10.03.05
    Camden 05.28.06
    Camden 05.29.06
    Camden 06.19.08
    Philadelphia 10.28.09
    New York 05.21.10
    Chicago 07.19.13
    Philadelphia 04.29.16
    Baltimore 03.28.20
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    And everyone else's. :D Not really a red-headed stepchild. I think Sweet Lew is not taken. ;)
  • Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    I can't name a favorite album, favorite band member, favorite closer, favorite solo, etc..etc...

I can name my favorite song and its not an odd one...It's Release. I loved the song once I heard it on vinyl and it got taken to a whole other level once you hear it live...its the best opener there is.

Having said that I don't think any song you pick as your favorite is really going to be "odd" with the people that post on here as they seem to be very well versed in all things Pearl Jam.

Some of favorite that may be "odd" and by odd I mean not betterman, alive, evenflow,last kiss, or DTE...lol

Tremor Christ
    No Way
    Present Tense
    Sometimes
    Who You Are
    Untitled
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    W.M.A.
    No Way
    Insignificance
    Sad and Education (Binaural would have been so much better with these songs replacing some of the others)
    Unemployable
    Inside Job
    Can't Keep
    Green Disease

I've recently revisited Riot Act and have discovered that Can't Keep is also now one of my new favorites! I think it's really interesting how songs hit you differently at different times in your life.

YES!! "Can't Keep" is excellent, they should open shows with it more often. "Can't Keep" is a true gem.

Speaking of album openers, I'll bet in 5 years some people will be naming "Gonna See My Friend" as an "unusual" favorite. They haven't played it live much yet, there's not much talk about it at all, but it's EXCELLENT. ("Johnny Guitar" too, same story)
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    Mad MohabMad Mohab Posts: 310
    Aye Divinita is a favourite.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    so many great 'unusual' songs already listed...like undone, leavin' here...also love johnny guitar and inside job.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    some of mine:

Habit
    Sad
    Severed Hand
    No Way
    Blood
    Not For You
    Save You
    Present Tense
    Footsteps

i'm gonna add to my list "You Are" (listened to Riot Act earlier today and forgot how much i liked that song :) )
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    YieldmanYieldman Posts: 119
    Brain of J
    No Way
    Push Me Pull Me
    All Those Yesterdays
    Smile
    I Got Shit
    Rival
    Satan's Bed
    LBC
    M.Y.T.H.
  • Options
    How about unusual "show" openers?? I too would like Gonna See My Friend get some legs and open some of the shows that start right off the bat with the pedal down... Also like Go and Last Exit in this spot. All of this only if they don't pick a classic opener (Release, Long Road, Of the Girl, Oceans, HTI, etc.)
    M.Y.T.H.
  • Options
    Red Mosquito would have been at the top of my list if I didn't see it five shows in a row last October! Still love it tho, just isn't as rare for me...
    M.Y.T.H.