*** Columbus Fanviews Here 5/6/10 ***

12346»

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    the columbus version of alive is about as good as I've ever heard. :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Bearfan80Bearfan80 Posts: 221
    imalive wrote:
    the columbus version of alive is about as good as I've ever heard. :thumbup:

It's good, but check out the version on the boot from Toronto 2009, it will blow you away.
    2000- Cincinnati, OH
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Virginia Beach, VA
    2010- Columbus, OH
    2010- Noblesville, IN
    2010- Cleveland, OH
    2011- Detroit, MI (EV Solo Show)
    2013- Chicago
    2013- Pittsburgh
    2013- Buffalo
    2013- Charlottesville
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Listening to the Columbus boot right now and it sounds awesome!
    My butt itches!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,417
    My boot arrived yesterday. 8-) I'll be listening in the car on the way to and from work. :D

Now to get some new speakers!!!

Edit for todays first(second ;):mrgreen: ) listen

OH MY FUCKING GOD. HOW GOOD WAS THIS SHOW!!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ks276262ks276262 Posts: 91
    This show was simply amazing havent seen Eddie have that much energy on stage since the early 90s! How about the first encore when they did spin the black circle into go! Left me and my girlfriend speechless!!!
    Flubby
  • HELL YEAH!!

Columbus deserved that show!! It is about time. 2000 and 2003 were very ho hum.

I went to Cleveland as well. The set list in Cleveland was crazy but as I relive this shows through the boots. I am realizing that Columbus was a better show.
  • Great bootleg. I really dig that version of Black.
    *Lexington, KY 2003**Cincinnati, OH 2006**Columbia, SC 2008**Columbus, OH 2010**Noblesville, IN 2010**East Troy, WI 2011**East Troy, WI 2011**Atlanta, GA 2012*
    Great bootleg. I really dig that version of Black.
    yes. Ed killed me with that tag. was 3 weeks shy of a year since the now ex wife said.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    just realized they changed given to fly to:

He could've tuned in, tuned in
    But he tuned out
    A bad time, nothing could save him
    Alone in a corridor, waiting, locked out
    He got up outta there, ran for hundreds of miles
    He made it to COLUMBUS, had a smoke in a tree
    The wind rose up, set him down on his knee

:mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

But he tuned out

Close but it goes

He made it to COLUMBUS, had a JOINT in a tree

Well it went that way at the Columbus concert
    My butt itches!
    Sila wrote:
    imalive wrote:

But he tuned out

Close but it goes

He made it to COLUMBUS, had a JOINT in a tree

Well it went that way at the Columbus concert
    ^^^ this , no smart ass remark!!! :mrgreen:

mmmm'kay
    My butt itches!
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
    GD274660 wrote:
    'twas a good day, for sure. :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    GD274660 wrote:

THREE years later!

What an incredible show.

Setlist thread:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130891

Wishlist Pre-show party thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=129071
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    2010 watch it go to fire!

:fp:

*shrugs*

He also mumbled some of the lines in the second verse, right before "those ignorant Indians" line. I think I *just* picked up on it.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Eddie: ALL I'LL BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH!
    Fans: ALL I'LL BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH! *dramatic pause* YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

Another great moment.
    I swear this show gets better with age. Come Back being played now.

Too bad the tickets didn't come with Kleenex. :(
  • UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 771
    I don't know what it is, but I couldn't get into this show too much. I loved the Oceans opener, but wasn't impressed with the rest of the show. It could be because I was with 7 other people, some of them who had never seen PJ, so I wanted to make sure they had a good time.
    I don't know what it is, but I couldn't get into this show too much. I loved the Oceans opener, but wasn't impressed with the rest of the show. It could be because I was with 7 other people, some of them who had never seen PJ, so I wanted to make sure they had a good time.

it only got better after oceans.... :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

Yes. Yes it did. Maybe it was from being halfway towards the back (and way on the side) during my first show in 2003, but this show was much better than that Columbus 03 show.

I think Umphreys should have experienced the show without the noobs.
  • UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 771
    imalive wrote:

Yes. Yes it did. Maybe it was from being halfway towards the back (and way on the side) during my first show in 2003, but this show was much better than that Columbus 03 show.

I think Umphreys should have experienced the show without the noobs.

You're exactly right. I worried so much about everyone else having a good time, that I couldn't enjoy it myself. But I'm glad I did, cuz everyone had a blast. Plus we were in the way in the back. And everyone else I've talked to about this show said they love it. Cheers to Columbus, hopefully we'll get another show sometime.
    About ten years ago right now, Mike and Eddie were about to take the stage for Mike's two songs.