Options

*** Columbus Fanviews Here 5/6/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,780
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I can't believe I missed Dead Flowers.....I fucking kid you not...that exact song was the song I was listening to when I parked my car. I thought it was some kind of joke when I heard it. I'm so fucking pissed. I was hoping they did a cover of it during the night. It was on in my car when I started to go home and I didn't know about this until I read it when I got home. Damn them for only doing presets every once in awhile, and damn that Irish restraunt for having such a long wait, alright.

Now if they did Sway, I wouldn't be here now because I would have found a bridge to jump off.
    Shoulda come to the preparty. Right about 6:15 there was an ANNOUNCEMENT that mikey was going to do something!!!

Well there's always youtube!! Several up now with different venue perspectives.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jw283260jw283260 Posts: 20
    This was the 17th show I've been at and 3rd in Columbus. It was great to hear the stuff from Yield (the first tour I saw them on) and the highlight was Oceans. Probably the one opener I've wanted to hear that I haven't until now. I though the crowd was very pedestrian and where I was sitting might as well have been at an opera. Eddie was very into this show though as evidenced by his enthusiasm and chatting. I am still amazed every time I see Black at how long he holds the note on "all I'll ever be". A great set list and looking forward to Cleveland.
  • Options
    jw283260 wrote:
    This was the 17th show I've been at and 3rd in Columbus. It was great to hear the stuff from Yield (the first tour I saw them on) and the highlight was Oceans. Probably the one opener I've wanted to hear that I haven't until now. I though the crowd was very pedestrian and where I was sitting might as well have been at an opera. Eddie was very into this show though as evidenced by his enthusiasm and chatting. I am still amazed every time I see Black at how long he holds the note on "all I'll ever be". A great set list and looking forward to Cleveland.
    may I ask where you were sitting? I had sec 115 row F , seemed like those around me were into it as much as I was.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jw283260jw283260 Posts: 20
  • Options
    jw283260 wrote:
    Oh. upper bowl. Say , was it full up there on that side? You were above/behind where I was. Could see across the way, two empty upper bowl sections.Was currious if our side was full.

• Options
    jnaughtjnaught Posts: 74
    I was on the floor and it was ROCKIN'!! Everyone was going nuts the entire show. AWESOME! A little bummed they covered 'Baba O'Reilly' at the two shows that sandwiched this one, but 'Come Back' definitely made up for it. That was amazing - gave me the chills.
  • Options
    The Real MeThe Real Me Posts: 11
    GD274660 wrote:
    all i can say is thank you, thank you, thank you PJ & 10C....2nd freakin row center stage. it was without a doubt one of the best times ive ever had. thank you!

Dude, I'm Greg, the guy that sat next to you at the pub before the show I bet. Glad to see my buddy was right before the show when he told you where he thought your seats were. I was 30 rows back on the floor, but I saw everything just fine. My voice is gone, nothing left. Amazing, amazing show. So fortunate to see a special setlist like it was.

Hey Greg this is Gregg you met at the pub - First of all I think Holly was either to the left or right of me but I could not agree more with her on the BIG THANK YOU to PJ & 10C with the outstanding center 2nd row seats and the stellar PJ setlist/performance. Greg you should have come down as I did not feel right about the people wanting the ticket so had that extra seat and thought about you on Crazy Mary and Alive. Great meeting you and Holly if you were the one with pictures to the left of me then I hope to get that e-mail. If not then I am sure we were close and you are still smiling like me.
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    klusterfuk wrote:
    brought my 14 year old son to his first show tonight he's hooked now. damn that was perfect. Indy bound... :mrgreen: DIG IT!

I am only glad that we were there with you my brother!!!! You know who this is ;)
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    mickeyrat wrote:
    jw283260 wrote:
    may I ask where you were sitting? I had sec 115 row F , seemed like those around me were into it as much as I was.
    I was 115 row C
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    jw283260 wrote:
    I was 115 row C
    Must have been "the ohio" section!!! :mrgreen: Met a guy at the preparty Mark(?) Was in the same row as me a few seats down.

• Options
    gbgb Posts: 53
    Show #13 for me and it was AWESOME. Original guy goin to the show w/me couldnt make it so I went with a friend who doesnt even care much for Pearl Jam except for some songs from Ten and Vitalogy. I'm pretty sure Thurs nite changed his mind tho! What unreal energy on the floor, 30 rows back from the stage on Mike's side. Sat by awesome people and enjoyed the company at Brother's before the show too. Can't wait to see em tomorrow nite in Cleveland - Maybe I will finally get to here WMA!?!?
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    mickeyrat wrote:
    jw283260 wrote:
    the people around me were really into it as well, all except one guy next to us. the dude stood there like a statue the entire show. i felt the lower bowl section's floor shaking!
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    flew from Jacksonville FL for this show with my wife. Only show #5 for me and first time seeing them indoors. Sorry that I missed the pre-party as we had intended to go but time just got away from us. Also pissed that I missed Mike's pre-set but did get to catch most of BOH (and got to chat it up with their guitarist at the hotel - The Westin) Rumor was that PJ was also staying there but I never did confirm that, anyone know? Anyway, a completely rockin show. I was so happy to hear Oceans to open. My other highlights were Hail Hail, Marker in the Sand, Come Back, and although they are far from rare, I always love to hear DTE and Crazy Mary. Unbeleivable encore! We were about 6 rows up in section 104 and the crowd around us was great. Met some great fans before the show (Suzette, Nathan, Vanessa, and Luke) always nice to meet hang with fellow die-hards. Sorry we missed the boat to Indy. Until next time, thank you PJ!!!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Loves_VinylLoves_Vinyl Posts: 85
    You know, all I wanted when headed for Columbus, was to not be surrounded by douchebags. Luckily the crowd was awesome, the band was tight. I kept waiting for them to slow down, and it didn't happen! Can't wait for the boot.
    Missed Mike's opener, we met a lot of cool folks and lost track of time :/
    Loved hearing Alone (!!), never get sick of Corduroy and Given to Fly. Alive got me teary, and even YLB didn't annoy me this time :lol:

I've been down to Columbus a lot, but this is the first time I really hung out in the Arena district...niiiice Columbus. I wish Cleveland would get it together and find a way to revitalize downtown. Stupid Cleveland.
    Where she walks no flowers bloom...
  • Options
    Well. How do I even start? I've loved this band from the beginning, but didn't join the 10c till 2000. It's still managed to serve me well though, so I can't complain. My husband and I decided to take the kids on a road trip and make a mini family vacation out of the Columbus and Indy shows I got tickets to. We took the 3 little ones to the zoo Wednesday and then Thursday we hung out around downtown Columbus. It was a beautiful day and we were just happy to spend some time with them. We were around the arena at 3 so decided, why not grab the tickets now and get it done. I've never been terribly close before with my number. Sometimes at the back of the floor, sometimes on a side wing. I got the tickets and looked at them. Sec 3 row A seats 9 and 10. Now, I wasn't sure how the floor was arranged. 1, 2, 3 in front of the stage or 1, 2, 3 front to back. It was going to be either the best show ever or another great show. I asked an older woman working there and she said to me, "honey, we're trying to work out the configuration right now, but I'd bring your ear plugs cause I think you're going to have awesome seats" and then winked. :D not wanting to get my hopes up, I forced myself to not think about it and just enjoy the rest of the afternoon with the kids before we left for the show.

Now, I haven't come around these parts in years, pretty much, but I still know some people here. and those few people know that my family has had a really bittersweet time lately. We were blessed enough to add our third child in Feb 2009 to our brood, and at the same time said goodbye to her identical twin sister, 45 minutes after their birth. The time since has been just ebb and flow, really. Remarkable how life really is just like an ocean wave. But the one thing besides my husband and kids, that has seen me through these dark times, and will see me through countless more, has been this band's music. Cliche, I know. But it's true all the same. This last record I have really been able to connect to. For me, I can really tell they are so grounded because of their kids and the constant love and evolution you feel when you are a family. But anyway, that's a little background on my past year or so....

So we show up at the venue and I'm just saying to myself, don't be upset, it's going to be a great night no matter what. We get inside, start heading for the section and the man tells us, "go all the way up. ALL the way. you're right in the front tonight" I nearly wet myself. honest. If you saw a short girl in a black tank with a tall guy and she's fist pumping and jumping all the way to the front row, that was me. :) we get there and we're right in front of Mike. I was happy to be on that side vs Stone's side (no offense to Stone) because Mike is always so animated. Sure, I'd have loved to be in front of Ed cause he's my fave, but I'm not complaining one bit. It was AMAZING. His fingers move so fast. SO fast! he's just awesome to watch, just oozes talent. but we all knew that! I was jumping and screaming the whole night, even on a broken toe. I managed to get a pick from Mike too and Ed came down and danced in front of me. It was the closest I've been to a person I don't know but who has somehow managed to help keep me afloat. I desperately wanted to squeeze him with thanks, but the best I could do was throw a peace sign and say thanks. i hope he saw it.

I have no idea if this will ever happen to me again. But I'm so thankful it did. Thanks 10c, thanks Pearl Jam.

and ps- the girl next to us right on the end- she was great. equally happy and excited. We were surrounded by grateful, happy, into it fans. Such a nice bonus. Enjoy your set list, lucky!! ;)
    oh Ed! what big vinyl you have!

Won't let the light escape from me
    Won't let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    AmentsArmyAmentsArmy Posts: 78
    Just got home from a four-show week, and my voice has finally abandoned me- (Do the Evolution in Noblesville was the death knell). What a great tour! I've never been disappointed by a Pearl Jam performance, and know that it's not possible. However, I was struck by the amount of energy emitted by the band night in and night out. Every single performance was a tour-de-force, and the crowds were equally as passionate. KC, STL, and IND were awesome shows, but the highlight for me had to have been Columbus. To see "row B" on my tickets was one of the biggest thrills of my life (1st time winning the lottery), as I hadn't had the chance to be that close to the stage since the GA show in Rapid City, SD, back in 1998. My friend and I were right in front of Stone, and chills went up my spine when the piano intro came over the loudspeakers. The next 2.5 hours were just a blur of jumping up and down, singing very loudly along with the band, and wearing a grin from ear to ear. I was like a little child on Christmas morning. When the show ended it honestly seemed like it had only been going on for 30 minutes and was over way too fast- I would've happily stayed for hours and hours longer. Being that close to the band is an indescribable experience, and I will forever be grateful to the Ten Club for hooking me up! It was absolutely unforgettable, and will always be one of my most treasured memories! Thanks again!
    Rapid City - June 23rd, 1998

"I will hold the candle, till it burns up my arm..."
  • Options
    CK261102CK261102 Posts: 1
    thunderDAN wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    jw283260 wrote:
    I was 115 row C

Not all Ohio - we came from Charlotte and were also 115 row C (Citizen Dick t-shirt). I was the one going crazy when SOLAT came - I have waited through 2 other shows (2006 Cincy and 2008 Columbia) to hear again live (not since 1994 Pensacola). Great setlist and glad everyone else thought so too.
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    My ticket mate in row P got a Mike pick.... now that's some distance!

Not surprised. Mike threw about a hundred picks out throughout the night. Also, I meant to mention, that during one of the songs, the Even Flow solo maybe, Ed went side stage to smoke a cigarette, and then chucked his lighter way deep up in the side stage section to a fan who was also smoking, which of course is illegal in buildings around here.
    Yeah! And Hell Yeah! It was a personalized zippo! His initials on 1 side and the number "23" inside a red Ring on the other! How would I know? you ask...I was the 1 who went to the empty section to smoke "with" him. And I'm holding onto his lighter for him! Check out my profile for the pic of the side with his initials...
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Not surprised. Mike threw about a hundred picks out throughout the night. Also, I meant to mention, that during one of the songs, the Even Flow solo maybe, Ed went side stage to smoke a cigarette, and then chucked his lighter way deep up in the side stage section to a fan who was also smoking, which of course is illegal in buildings around here.[/quote]
    Yeah! And Hell Yeah! It was a personalized zippo! His initials on 1 side and the number "23" inside a red Ring on the other! How would I know? you ask...I was the 1 who went to the empty section to smoke "with" him. And I'm holding onto his lighter for him! Check out my profile for the pic of the side with his initials...[/quote]

I was wondering who you were, nice!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Bearfan80Bearfan80 Posts: 221
    I live in Columbus, so it was great to see people enjoying the city! Still in shock they opened with "Oceans" then the next night in Indy with "release" Is this a dream?

Everything about Columbus was simply awesome. My only complaint, the poster.... Looked like something you would see on Sesame street!
    2000- Cincinnati, OH
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Virginia Beach, VA
    2010- Columbus, OH
    2010- Noblesville, IN
    2010- Cleveland, OH
    2011- Detroit, MI (EV Solo Show)
    2013- Chicago
    2013- Pittsburgh
    2013- Buffalo
    2013- Charlottesville
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    Not surprised. Mike threw about a hundred picks out throughout the night. Also, I meant to mention, that during one of the songs, the Even Flow solo maybe, Ed went side stage to smoke a cigarette, and then chucked his lighter way deep up in the side stage section to a fan who was also smoking, which of course is illegal in buildings around here.
    Yeah! And Hell Yeah! It was a personalized zippo! His initials on 1 side and the number "23" inside a red Ring on the other! How would I know? you ask...I was the 1 who went to the empty section to smoke "with" him. And I'm holding onto his lighter for him! Check out my profile for the pic of the side with his initials...[/quote]

I was wondering who you were, nice!!!![/quote]

Man, I can't upload the pic from my Droid onto the site. And my PC is down. Gotta figure that out...
  • Options
    59fender59fender Statesville NC Posts: 46
    my first PJ show ever, and it was incredible. drove all the way from Charlotte, NC to see em. had good seats, but next time i go, ill be on the floor hopefully, here's a pretty cool pic i got of mike playing the lead for evenflow with the guitar behind his head. http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/thowell1014/?action=view&current=mikemccreadycloseup.jpg
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    BMoore09 wrote:
    Great show last night.

10C# 189*** and we were in the first section lower bowl, about 10-15 rows up. 10C's really hooked me up with great seats the past few shows I've been too. I'd much rather be on the sides than too far back on the floor

PICS: http://picasaweb.google.com/BMoore09/Pe ... umbus5610#

This was somewhere around my 12th-15th PJ show. I've saw them at the Vic in Chicago, the Spectrum in October, and I gotta say the energy of the crowd and the band here in Columbus was almost equivalent to those. GO was badass, Alone was a treat, Crazy Mary was highlight as well.
    Great show, great crowd, great seats. Thanks 10C.

So I guess since I was on the side section that everyone on the floor had a lower 1)C than me? Or do they start on the sides before they go all the way back to the floor?

I'm a 279XXX and was between Stone and Ed in the 16th row.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Man, the chances of them playing Faithfull tonight in Indy just went way down. :(
    The only other time I'd seen PJ was their last Columbus show in 2003 and I have to agree with a previous comment that this show (mostly due to the fans) was 1000000x better! Usually when I go to a concert, I feel like I'm the only one that knows every inflection and "ooh" and "aah" in the song and one of the only ones singing it. I LOVED that EVERYONE did that last night!!

Just like this guy, my first (and only, prior to last Thursday) time was in Columbus in 2003.

Faithful was played for people like us, who paid their 10Club dues year after year after year after year with no tour in sight.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    radial21 wrote:
    Great show, great crowd. This was show #13 for me. I can't really rank them anymore, but this would be near the top of my list.

My seats were the best i've ever had (Floor 2, Row 15) with a member number of 270xxx. Seems like i lucked out as i've seen a lot of people with much better numbers than me who had worse seats. Eddie seemed in great spirits and did a lot of interacting with the crowd. He also danced more than i ever can remember seeing before.

As for the set, i was blown away by Oceans, it's been on my wishlist but never thought it would show up here. Alone was also unexpected. Throw in Faithful, and the kick ass 1st encore and it was a great set. The band seemed tight, sounded great, and had lots of energy. Looking forward to Cleveland and Buffalo in a few nights.

279XXX with 16th row. I called 10C before the pre-sale, and from the conversation, it made it sound like it was entirely membership based...obviously not. I got my order confirmation just a few minutes after tickets went on sale, so i'm guessing "how long you waited to buy" may have played a role.
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    What an amazing night. This was a special show for sure. You had to be there. The band was on fire and the audience was hanging on every word. I can't believe anyone who says anything differently. From what I could see, the entire place was going nuts -- and I mean from the floor to the very back of the very back row. People were cheering, singing, dancing, and having a great time. My 10C number isn’t that high, but I had great seats -- second section of the floor, row E. I was a bit nervous about being that far back on the floor, but these turned out to be amazing seats. Sure, we’d all love to be super close, but I was very very happy. Thank you 10 Club!

As for the show, wow! This was only my 6th show since 1992, but one of the best. Others have compared it to Chicago 1 last year and I would have to agree. The audience was into every second of it. Met some very nice people, longtime fans who had a great time, too. The set list was insane. Best of the tour along with St. Louis, IMO. The first four songs were back-to-back burners. "Faithfull" was so amazing to hear live for the first time; one of my favorite songs, so I was thrilled. “Amongst the Waves” was AMAZING live. I gained a massive amount of new appreciation for that song. It was incredible. “Marker in the Sand,” “Grievance,” “Alone,” I mean come on.

I will admit that I am one of those who isn’t always super stoked about hearing the “big” songs from Ten, but “Black” brought tears to my eyes. If there’s a better version that’s ever been played, I’d like to hear it. I was floored. It was one of the best songs of the night, and that’s about the last thing I expected. “Go” to close the second encored was perfection.

The first three songs of the second encore were pure heaven. I was blown away to hear “Come Back,” followed by “Once,” followed by “Hail Hail.” If that isn’t three mindblowers in a row, I don’t know what is. It was great, too, because the fans next to me were hoping with all their might to hear “Once” and didn’t think there was any way they were gonna get it. It blew them away.

Eddie was super talkative and obviously in a great mood. He also played less guitar than usual and was really energetic and dancing all over the place. I loved how they applauded the audience at the end of the night. They/we deserved it. The crowd was so into it, it was great. You should have seen every fist in the building pumping to "Alive." Wow! Bliss!

All in all, an amazing night. I’d probably put it as my second favorite ever. Everything about this show was outstanding, from the venue to the audience to the setlist to the incredible performance by the band. This was a special show and I’m really thrilled I was able to be part of it. Thank you PJ, thank you Ten Club, thank you fellow fans. This was one of the happiest nights of my life!!!!!!
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I'm still smiling and bragging about this show to everyone
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Awesome show. We drove up from Atlanta because they haven't been here since 2003. Come Back was really touching and I agree (and I went to Noblesville as well) that this show featured the best version of Alive I have ever seen. Also love to hear Corduroy and Black.

The preshow set was fantastic as the Stones are my favorite (tied with PJ I guess) band and Mike said that they were his too. Band of Horses is awesome as well. Their singer is very talented and charismatic.

If anyone has any picutures of the show (preferably from Section 101 or 102) please PM me. I had a crappy camera phone and really only got two good ones.

As far as for me personally, I'd like for PJ to Come Back, Come Back, to Atlanta. We need ya here!
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Awesome show. We drove up from Atlanta because they haven't been here since 2003. Come Back was really touching and I agree (and I went to Noblesville as well) that this show featured the best version of Alive I have ever seen. Also love to hear Corduroy and Black.

The preshow set was fantastic as the Stones are my favorite (tied with PJ I guess) band and Mike said that they were his too. Band of Horses is awesome as well. Their singer is very talented and charismatic.

If anyone has any picutures of the show (preferably from Section 101 or 102) please PM me. I had a crappy camera phone and really only got two good ones.

As far as for me personally, I'd like for PJ to Come Back, Come Back, to Atlanta. We need ya here!

Were you the guys from ATL that I met at the Pre-party and then again at Indy?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    RiotAct10 wrote:

Ed made many mentions of the great crowd, and early in the set said that even though it was the 3rd or 4th show of the tour, the bar was being raised already. Great crowd, it really was. (side not, fuck all the people who said they shouldnt play shows in places like this. Was it a sellout? no, but it was fairly close, and I know people in Chicago and New York and Boston and Philly think they are the only ones who can show PJ a good time, but Columbus no doubt proved tonight that the little guys can rise to the occasion as well.)
    not much I can add but I wholeheartedly agree with riotact10. I was a little worried the crowd would be sparse or lame. no fucking way. the Dispatch review about "people sitting on their hands" couldn't be further from the truth. everyone I saw was rocking out hard. ed was in rare form and the energy was palpable.

we were in our seats when Mike came out solo....a lucky break for me, since I'm usually one of the last ones in :mrgreen: . I looked at the cleveland setlist and I'm a little jealous but, you know, just about any song they do (except parachutes ;) ) is great. The closing encore was great. And my own wtf moment was when I found myself crying during Amongst the Waves. there is no other band that can affect me like that!
    I was the 1 who went to the empty section to smoke "with" him. And I'm holding onto his lighter for him! Check out my profile for the pic of the side with his initials...
    filthy smokers! ;):lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14