*** Newark Fanviews Here 5/18/10 ***

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I'm Italian as well, hope you were'nt offended :oops: enjoy MSG.

like i said its all good

i don't get offended on here

in all reality the guy should have bought it ..but luckily he didn't because now the old couple from florida got the tickets for friday night..and i feel good about that

enjoy

p.s. don't let it happen again or you will be sleeping with the fishes 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • That show was great, I have to thank Jason a fellow 10C member for selling me his extra ticket (at face of course) Row 14 Section B. I have never sat that close at any concert before. Once Supersonic Footsteps and Leatherman were just awesome. The floor wasn't extremely crazy but I wouldn't say the people should be shot or have their 10C membership revoked. I was by a lot of older ones that were enjoying themselves very much. They just didn't need to jump and scream to have a good time. I did though :mrgreen:
    5/21/10 M.S.G
    5/18/10 Newark
    9/27/09 Philly Spectrum
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    so after crying because of the great Boston show the night before and knowing the monster MSG shows were coming up i didnt think this last minute Newark show on a rainy tuesday was going to be anywhere near the upcoming thursday and friday shows. Well i was wrong by a long shot because this could be the best of the 3 shows im going to.

to be honest i didnt pay attention to the crowd that much because the band didnt let up and me and my bud were having a blast. so im not sure how good they were, i guess they werent on phillys level and i doubt theyre going to be on msgs level, but i didnt think it hurt the show at all. obviously the band didnt care either because we got a show full of gems. right off the bat with of the girl then brain of j to alone, immortality, brother, glorified g, leatherman, go, in hiding. i mean i can list the whole show.

im just going to laugh at these threads that say ed's voice is shot because its a joke. he can smoke and drink whatever he wants and not have a day off in between shows and belt out any song. i mean my hears actually hurt from how high he sang the "please" in go. i went to the bathroom during just breathe and inside there it actually built up some sort of a resonance for christs sake, i was amazed.

so now tomorrow is msg and if this show was a warmup for it, its going to give philly a run for its money.

(p.s. i love how ed wore a walter payton jersey and sneakers. way to be relaxed, its your concert anyway lol. hopefully he'll wear a mark messier jersey to MSG!)
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • DollarDollar Posts: 237
    Driving to rustic Newark in a heavy,cold rain & then paying $40.00 for parking started the night off on a downer.....then Pearl Jam came on stage! The boys were on the top of their game from the get-go,starting with Of The Girl ( finally,my first time live). They moved in machine gun fashion from song to song with the guitar techs on and off in seconds. My friend & I sat in Section 11,great seats and view of the stage. Many people around us weren't energetic but like others have said,I was there for PJ & danced & sang to every song (and I'm 56!). I loved the trio that opened the encores(Just Breathe,Footsteps,Inside Job...I'm a softy for the emotional songs! lol) Despite the Nostradamus predictions that the show in Newark would be a downer,Jersey doesn't disappoint! And,Jersey Girl was a great surprise..even if Eddie created his own version of the song! See everyone at MSG I & II !
  • Great setlist. Band sounded awesome. Was stoked when they opened with Of The Girl, pumped when they did Brother and Leatherman. Jersey Girl was great (never new that was Tom Waits, shame on me). Alsways love me some Lukin and maybe it was just my wishful thinking but I thought the crowd finally perked up a bit then. I so much enjoyed the bands reaction to the crowd in Hartford that I wanted that again. Oh well, tired lame asses were not going to ruin my night. I sang, I cheered, and I bounced around as much as my 40 year old body allows these days. Had a great time and sorry I'm going to miss MSG. Hope everyone enjoys those shows and looking forward to reading the fanviews. Thank you PJ and 10C
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Did anyone else notice the tamborine that Ben from Band of Horses threw into the crowd at the end of Watchtower? A guy about 4 rows ahead of me on the floor caught it. Some Sopranos-wannabe dude in the first row over the boards pulled out a wad of cash and started screaming that he would pay $400 for the tambourine!!! The guy who caught it didn't seem interested in selling.

that was me with the money

sopranos wanna be? lmao

and im glad he didn't buy it considering who threw it

:lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • 420Rick420Rick Posts: 68
    Wow...I was just watching some youtube vids of Newarks show. Like the Brother video.
    Umm...why isnt the floor fans even jamming?
    I was at Hartford and the whole arean was rocking out.

Oh, I forgot, Newark is in New Jersey.
    Home of Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi.

That explains alot.

Just playing. :D

See ya at MSG2!!!
    11/7/16 Temple of the Dog, MSG, NYC
    8/7/16 Fenway Park II, Boston
    5/2/16 MSG II, NYC
    5/1/16 MSG I, NYC
    5/21/10 MSG II, NYC
    5/15/10 Hartford, CT
    8/02/08 Eddie Vedder - Boston, MA
    6/28/08 Mansfield, MA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/12/06 Albany, NY
    9/13/98 Hartford, CT
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT
    4/6/94 Springfield, MA
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    cant wait to hear from Ruggs
    Has he checked in yet? I haven't seen a post yet from him
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    I bounced around as much as my 40 year old body allows these days.
    My 58 yr old body needs to recuperate quickly for MSG X 2.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • jked3jked3 Posts: 167
    My 40th show...great set list and great crowd in Section 9
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 561
    mrpink90 wrote:
    Great setlist, my section (16) was great, but from that section you had a nice view of the floor and they were lame. Once was great, 15th show for me first time hearing it. The cat fight leaving the arena was also a highlight, it was epic!

how about the lady with binoculars - what could you possibly be looking at??
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,406
    Tom Waits? Love it!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622
    Well, I was going to wait, but I really that this show is still super fresh in my mind and the past two aren't already, so I am going to give my fanview now.

Newark was my 7th show and there were still a bunch of songs that I really wanted to hear.

I found parking not too far from the arena for $5, the close parking prices were insane!! The neighborhood definitely goes downhill very fast around the arena. I am also a HUGE NJ Devils fan, but have never been able to make it to Newark, so being in the arena where my #1 hockey team plays was so awesome. What a beautiful arena..

I heard the soundcheck and new that I was going to hear a couple really cool songs.

After the AMAZING Boston show from the night before where I heard 11 songs I hadn't heard before I didn't know how they were going to top it! Well, they did it! Let me begin by saying I could CARE LESS about the crowd, I am there for me and to see the band not to worry about anyone else.

Of the Girl was a great way to get the show started, it is such a great song, though no one really knew it around me. Then they went into one of my favorite songs Brain of J! Mike didn't mess up the riff like he did in San Diego, what an awesome song.

I had heard Alone back in LA last year, but wasn't very familiar with it, so the fact that I got the song again, was so awesome! It was so much fun to sing along to that one, wow is awesome!!!

Then it happened ... the show went from a great start, to an insane one. They played Amongst the Waves which I love and then Ed grabbed his guitar and started Immortality!!! The song is so amazing and so, so good live, WOW. I was then just soaking in the outro when the song ends and I get slapped with my all-time favorite Pearl Jam song which I also had yet to hear live....

IN HIDING

All I can say is wow, wow, wow, wow!

What a great two songs in a row, couldn't be any better!

Then Even Flow, which is still cool to watch Mike shred that song even though they ALWAYS play it.

After that break which my voice definitely needed after Immortality and In Hiding. We got Insignificance (my favorite actual Binaural song) and then I heard Supersonic which is not only awesome live, but I now have heard all of the Backspacer songs.

The next song took me a few to finally figure out what it was. Oh yeah, Brother!! How cool was that, half the place didn't know it, but again I did so that's all that mattered!

The first encore brought one of my favorites, Inside Job, man that song is so friggin' cool!! Then Got Some which is so good live! I then finished my live trifecta for the evening with Go. I knew that would be one of the best hard rocking live songs and it did not disappoint, WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

I also got Whipping later in the night and was not familiar with Jersey Girl, but what a beautiful song, definitely not something PJ would have written haha!

I now have one Vs. song left, one Vitalogy and only two Yield songs and then those albums are complete!

Amazing show last night, how in the heck can MSG be ANY better than the last two, I cannot wait to find out!!!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Great time last night! Hit the lotto front row!!!!!! First time ever and loved it! Wanted to post my pics some are good most are not as it's really hard to take photos while shaking in disbelief!

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1 ... 1490885249

hope you all can see them let me know!
  • rats619rats619 Posts: 72
    If it hasn't already been covered, "You Are" was a crowd request...it was on one of the signs that Ed grabbed from the crowd.

Both he and Mike threw tons of picks...but they were all on Mike's side so no picks this time :-( Oh well...can't complain! And won't!

not to take anything away from how good the song was but i don't think it was a crowd request b/c one of the roadies tested the guitar before the show and played the intro...prob just coincidence
  • Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    arriepjf wrote:
    What a night. First I want to thank the band for adding this show. At one point during the night Eddie mentioned that this show may not have even happened. I took my nine year old son because he earned the right to go by being a true fan of the music. He walks around the house listening to Pearl Jam on his Ipod, singing his favorite songs and annoying his two older brothers. He also is performing the beginning of “Given to Fly” for his upcoming guitar recital. (His mom’s favorite song)

Next I need to thank the 10c; you guys really can through for us. We arrived about 7:00 pm to pick up out tickets and the women behind the glass gets out are tickets and then asks my son if this is his first concert. He excitedly smiles and says yes. She says to us “hold on a minute” and walks away. About two minutes later a guy comes over and asks my son the same question, he gives the same reply. The guy says “ well this is going to ruin your concert experience for the rest of your life and make your dad very happy” He hands us two tickets , section A row 2. Thank you, Thank you Thank you. I can’t say it enough.
    Someone mention earlier how extremely pleasant the staff at the Prudential Center were . I couldn’t agree more. Everyone was so nice and genially happy to be there.

We get to our seats; we are stage left on Stone Gossard’s side. My son Dylan was too small to see over the 1st row as they stood along the barrier. I was able to have him stand on a front row seat right in front of me, which put him about the same height as me and his view was great.

Pearl Jam hits the stage and Eddie comes out in a Chicago Bear’s jersey and my son is wearing his Giant’s jersey so they connected right away. They open with “Of the Girl” which is one of my favorite openers and then into “Brain of J”. Dylan knows every word and what a way to start the show, we are rockin. Hearing the Backspacer songs is a highlight for me and is the first Pearl Jam album my son really got into ( Besides Eddie Vedder solo “Into The Wild” ) These songs sound so fresh and are great live. I completed the album by getting “Supersonic”. Now I am hoping for “Parachutes” at my next show to close out that record, which will be at MSG on Friday.

Sometime during this set Mike comes near the center of the stage and throws out a bunch of picks. Other thanks to the guy who brought one over and handed it to Dylan. Someone nearby commented that it was better than catching a foul ball. We agree!!

After the first set I noticed an opening along the barrier in the 1st row, dead center in front of Eddie. I told my son to see if he could get in there and get a better view. The kind people made room for him and I could still keep a good eye on him. During “Life’s Wasted” Eddie makes one to one contact as Dylan sings along word for word. Just Awesome!! At the end of the song Eddie reaches out with his wine bottle like he was going to give some to Dylan, a very funny moment!!

The next song is “Alive” , another song Dylan knows very well.( He was hoping for “ Black “ which is the song he loves most, but like all of us here I told him he would have to attend many shows before he can get to see all his favorites.) Sometime during the song Eddie comes out with a tambourine and walks rightt over to Dylan and hands it to him. WOW. What a night. Thank you so much Pearl Jam for giving us an experience of a lifetime. This is something we will never forget! We love you all !!!!

PS -There was post about an exhausted 14 year old and you wondering about the kid in the first row and where he got his energy. I don’t have a answer but I can tell you he was still going on our long train ride back to Mastic Beach LI. He was picking out tunes for our car ride from the train station home and we were watching you tube videos when we got home. Although he did sleep till noon and missed school , but we had already planned on that .

LOL I watched all of this happen from right behind you and to the right a few folks. I was thinking that same thing: "If this is this kid's first show ever, nothing will ever measure up, ever again."

So yeah, he's ruined. But I'm sure he'll never forget it!
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Hey.....we did OUR best to rock out...... :)

but you're right...not loud enough on crowd participation at all.

I could have used a little more mid-song jammin and improv but the tags were great and all in all it was a good show!

Rest up BOYS and tear up MSG! Looking forward to an intense 2 nights!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I never thought I'd say I'm getting too old for this...but whoever said we weren't rocking out was not looking OUR way lol! And my old body is paying the price BUT I'm still gonna do it again Thurs and Fri at MSG!!!

See you there and hey, some crowd particiaption people?!?? Really? I know the Garden crowd will not let down :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    arriepjf wrote:
    What a night. First I want to thank the band for adding this show. At one point during the night Eddie mentioned that this show may not have even happened. I took my nine year old son because he earned the right to go by being a true fan of the music. He walks around the house listening to Pearl Jam on his Ipod, singing his favorite songs and annoying his two older brothers. He also is performing the beginning of “Given to Fly” for his upcoming guitar recital. (His mom’s favorite song)

Next I need to thank the 10c; you guys really can through for us. We arrived about 7:00 pm to pick up out tickets and the women behind the glass gets out are tickets and then asks my son if this is his first concert. He excitedly smiles and says yes. She says to us “hold on a minute” and walks away. About two minutes later a guy comes over and asks my son the same question, he gives the same reply. The guy says “ well this is going to ruin your concert experience for the rest of your life and make your dad very happy” He hands us two tickets , section A row 2. Thank you, Thank you Thank you. I can’t say it enough.
    Someone mention earlier how extremely pleasant the staff at the Prudential Center were . I couldn’t agree more. Everyone was so nice and genially happy to be there.

We get to our seats; we are stage left on Stone Gossard’s side. My son Dylan was too small to see over the 1st row as they stood along the barrier. I was able to have him stand on a front row seat right in front of me, which put him about the same height as me and his view was great.

Pearl Jam hits the stage and Eddie comes out in a Chicago Bear’s jersey and my son is wearing his Giant’s jersey so they connected right away. They open with “Of the Girl” which is one of my favorite openers and then into “Brain of J”. Dylan knows every word and what a way to start the show, we are rockin. Hearing the Backspacer songs is a highlight for me and is the first Pearl Jam album my son really got into ( Besides Eddie Vedder solo “Into The Wild” ) These songs sound so fresh and are great live. I completed the album by getting “Supersonic”. Now I am hoping for “Parachutes” at my next show to close out that record, which will be at MSG on Friday.

Sometime during this set Mike comes near the center of the stage and throws out a bunch of picks. Other thanks to the guy who brought one over and handed it to Dylan. Someone nearby commented that it was better than catching a foul ball. We agree!!

After the first set I noticed an opening along the barrier in the 1st row, dead center in front of Eddie. I told my son to see if he could get in there and get a better view. The kind people made room for him and I could still keep a good eye on him. During “Life’s Wasted” Eddie makes one to one contact as Dylan sings along word for word. Just Awesome!! At the end of the song Eddie reaches out with his wine bottle like he was going to give some to Dylan, a very funny moment!!

The next song is “Alive” , another song Dylan knows very well.( He was hoping for “ Black “ which is the song he loves most, but like all of us here I told him he would have to attend many shows before he can get to see all his favorites.) Sometime during the song Eddie comes out with a tambourine and walks rightt over to Dylan and hands it to him. WOW. What a night. Thank you so much Pearl Jam for giving us an experience of a lifetime. This is something we will never forget! We love you all !!!!

PS -There was post about an exhausted 14 year old and you wondering about the kid in the first row and where he got his energy. I don’t have a answer but I can tell you he was still going on our long train ride back to Mastic Beach LI. He was picking out tunes for our car ride from the train station home and we were watching you tube videos when we got home. Although he did sleep till noon and missed school , but we had already planned on that .

LOL I watched all of this happen from right behind you and to the right a few folks. I was thinking that same thing: "If this is this kid's first show ever, nothing will ever measure up, ever again."

So yeah, he's ruined. But I'm sure he'll never forget it!

My first concert - Weird Al Yankovic, Landmark Theatre - Syracuse NY. Think I was in 6th grade, and my Dad took my sister (2yrs my senior) and we were in the 2nd row. One of the coolest things my father has ever done for me/us, mostly because it was so atypical of him. Needless to say this night was a highlight of my childhood...

That said - this show happened at the same venue right around the same time:
    http://www.pearljam.com/show/landmark-t ... ov-07-1991
    (PJ was opening for Smashing Pumpkins & RHCP, btw...wow)

I'd have had a lot of convincing to do to get my Dad to take me to that one...but would remember it just as vividly had he done so! I'll close by saying I love seeing parents bringing their kids to these shows, but the other side to that coin is that IT MAKES ME FEEL OLD!
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • can no one reveal the poster??
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    rats619 wrote:
    If it hasn't already been covered, "You Are" was a crowd request...it was on one of the signs that Ed grabbed from the crowd.

Both he and Mike threw tons of picks...but they were all on Mike's side so no picks this time :-( Oh well...can't complain! And won't!

not to take anything away from how good the song was but i don't think it was a crowd request b/c one of the roadies tested the guitar before the show and played the intro...prob just coincidence

It was played as per the request. My two friends made the sign after they found out they won the lottery for first row, to ensure not to be holding signs in front of peoples heads. Ed grabbed the sign before he grabbed his guitar for Jersey Girl. The song was not on the setlist for the night.

Stones tech also checks the Guitar and Signal Feed for the "You Are" equipment every single night since 2003 because it has its own dedicated input on the soundboard, to ensure that it a) works, and b) levels are correct for the audience and bootleg purposes. Not a coincidence, but a fan request :)
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I must say, it was a nice building. In the middle of...I don't want to use too strong of a term here, but to say that Newark is a dump is a HUGE understatement. I will never see a show in that city again. Newark makes Camden look like Beverly Hills.
    Where are you from, Pleasantville? Better question, how far out from the venue did you venture?

I live near Philly, have been to Camden, NYC, and Newark. You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are very skewed to think it's that big of a dump. The immediate area around the venue is far nicer than the immediate area surrounding Susquehanna (Camden). Far, far nicer. We walked from the station to the fundraiser, and then from there up Market to the venue. In those 4 blocks or so, I did not feel unsafe or disgusted any more than I have walking through any other major city.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited May 2010
    A beautiful night...A beautiful night...
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    i agree been to both camden and newark, i feel alot safer in newark, especialy that all cops are near the venue, camden you dont even see cops, not that i want to see cops when i smoke a blunt, but i like cops there if there a shootout or somethin ghetto wise, newark is not nearly as bad as camden, camden was scary :lol:
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    rats619 wrote:

On the Aussie tour (at least the three shows I saw) the guitar tech for Stone tested that effect every night and the song was not played or on the list, so I guess he likes soundchecking with that effect, so my money is on the fact the request was granted rather than anything arranged.

PS It was a great show my first on the East coast.
  • pajamapartypajamaparty Posts: 77
    Saw Stone cracking up during Leatherman, anyone have an idea why? Did Stone write the lyrics?
    4th show in 6 days, 1 more to go for .
    All together now...
  • Backspacer_BackerBackspacer_Backer Posts: 1,023
    edited May 2010
    I love the person who said "he was wearing a sport coat with a 34 "shirt" underneath.

Jesus H Christ, it wasn't just some off the rack at Abercrombie fucking t-shirt. pay some respect to sweetness for fuck's sake, one of the best running backs in the history of the game. (Walter Payton for the the ignorant.) :)
    Post edited by Backspacer_Backer on
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    I love the person who said "he was wearing a sport coat with a 34 "shirt" underneath.

Jesus H Christ, it wasn't just some off the rack at Abercrombie fucking t-shirt. pay some respect to sweetness for fuck's sake, one of the best running backs in the history of the game. (Walter Payton for the the ignorant.) :)

But why was he wearing this jersey in Jersey????

He should've worn a Nets jersey- that may have brought them some luck to get the 1st pick in the draft.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    my 139XXX got me row 13 right in front of stone. i thought of the girl was a terrible opener, didn't get the crowd into it at all. felt like the crowd was just waiting to explode but just didn't. lots of first time songs for me (i think four all together). couldn't believe this was possible after forty plus shows. thought immortality and in hiding back to back was amazing. great set list, great venue and the band was really on. lots of groovy jammy type songs instead of real rockers during the first set. seems like the band was recovering from the six hour drive from boston and the intense show from the night before. you are in the second encore? terrible (you are anywhere in the set is a momentum killer). thought the show could have used a corduroy, given to fly or betterman to really get into it.
    anybody notice i think it was after go, ed ran off the stage but half the band stayed expecting to play another song?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • arriepjf wrote:

I was right behind your son! What a cool kid! We tried to get him to stand on the chair so he could see (and be seen) but then everyone made sure he had some room at the barrier. After he got the tambourine, he let everyone around him hit it. What a great show for him!