*** Bristow, VA Fanviews Here 5/13/10 ***

Comments

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    Speaking of blankets:
    When we were going in, some fan had to go back and put his blanket back in his car.
    I heard him say something about communist. You can’t have blankets on that lawn? Gesh.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Well I flew all the way from Vegas for my first East coast show. Happily the concert coincided with a vacation to the capital and my wife and I had a great time. The outdoor venue was awesome, parking was easy, weather was perfect, sound was good, and band was on fire. What is not to like. I was in Orchestra on Stones side row 14. I will tell you that the crowd as a whole was subdued, even the fanclub sections. You could tell during the singalongs such as Betterman etc. Eddie did try to pump us up to not much avail but in the end I think he was just happy that nearly 25,000 people are still coming out to see them and was happy to put on a stellar performance.

Thank you Pearl Jam and thank you East coasters for a great time. We hope to be back soon.
  • Why is everybody ragging on this show? This was such a pumped set, and I think the setlist was a unique treat for true fans. The bottom line really is that the band will play what they want to play. Please stop complaining! :D
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
    PJers stop complaining? never! :lol:

i don't understand it either.
    it was my 5th pj show and it was the best setlist i've ever seen.
    to those who weren't busting a groove...i was boogie-ing for you!

• number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Why is everybody ragging on this show? This was such a pumped set, and I think the setlist was a unique treat for true fans. The bottom line really is that the band will play what they want to play. Please stop complaining! :D

I was there and rocked my ass off. I loved the set and sang along to every song. Who cares if it has or has not been played and how many times it has been played before? It is PJ and they ROCK! Lighten up and enjoy the show.
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Speaking of blankets:
    When we were going in, some fan had to go back and put his blanket back in his car.
    I heard him say something about communist. You can’t have blankets on that lawn? Gesh.

I think they were trying to prevent any potential, and unnecessary, suffocations.
  • No0nesRivalNo0nesRival Posts: 95
    It's been about 7 days now, and I'm having major PJ withdrawal. So sad I don't have more $$$$ and more time to see MORE shows!!!!!!! I love Pearl Jam!!!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Was my 20th show and I rank it near the bottom. I was actually a little bored at certain points. Probably just me though. I think I need a year or two off--four shows in one year plus Ed Ved solo is too much for me (I am more of a twice a year guy)--plus those last two Philly shows were just so dope I think they killed it for me for now...
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
    DangDang wrote:
    I think they were trying to prevent any potential, and unnecessary, suffocations.

Apparently so.

if i EVER got bored at a pj show. i wouldn't let myself go to another for ten years!

• MURRAYCGMURRAYCG Posts: 24
    First post on here. Must say, the show was Phenomenally Punk. PIL shirt must've got them rocking early. Starting off with Elderly Woman was awesome.
    VA Beach 8.3.00, Charlotte 8.4.00, DC 5.30.06, VA Beach 6.17.08, Bristow 5.13.10, and hopefully many more to come...
  • foresterforester Posts: 90
    Amazing night -The band was pumped. Great history of punk roots in DC, along with PIL - I felt the energy. Our section rocked. I can't believe it was a week ago -post partum depression big time.
  • pj622pj622 Posts: 110
    just wondering if anyone has a picture of the shirt for this show? i havent seen one yet!
  • I loved the show anytime I see PJ it dosen't matter what they play .I was psyched to hear sonic reducer. My problem was not with the band they always give us and nuclear show. My problem is with the venue when i got to my ten club seats sat down figured in a good spot to see a good show. Then started to smell shit so i looked around and noticed a dried pile of shit under my wifes seat. Thought no prob so went to get someone to clean it up and all he did was smear dried shit in to the concrete .So i had them move my seats which was ok they were back farther then my original but aleast i did'nt have to smell shit and i met some really cool people. now the crowd . I saw way to many people sitting and not to many rocking out . did not expect to much after seeing how people in Virginia tailgate. Allthough my last PJ show was philly 4 so kind of bias after tailgating in my hometown for a full day with my friends . I loved the poster and loved small town as an opener. Thank PJ for a good show.
  • InMyTree92InMyTree92 Posts: 30
    This is my first post here and I had to start with the Bristow show. {That being my first ever PJ show} Been a fan for years now, listening to boots, buying every cd I can get my hands on, but to that point had never been able to see a show. But thursady night changed my life. The boys were just on fire, tearing thru that set-list, made that 2 hrs go bye alittle to quick. And Elderly Woman as an opener....Wow! I have made a vow to never miss another tour again after this, just amazing. Thanks Boys
    And he who forgets...will be destined to remember...
  • Is the band coming up with the bootleg for this concert? it's been almost 2 weeks. Can someone give me an answer? I thought the concert was great, it could've been better if the weather didn't suck that much though.
  • It is coming. There are plenty of vids on youtube that have tided me over in the meantime.
    Specifically
    ATY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF_BpkPU368
    Present Tense http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FkkLFN2yMc
    Insignificance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qci1kCa5lBM

That user, Godieinhell2, has practically the whole show up...

I cannot wait for the boot to come out so I can blast it on my iPod :D
    You may have seen me:
    Cleveland 5/20/2006
    Pittsburgh 6/23/2006
    Columbia 6/16/2008
    Bristow 5/13/2010
  • velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    I loved the show anytime I see PJ it dosen't matter what they play .I was psyched to hear sonic reducer. My problem was not with the band they always give us and nuclear show. My problem is with the venue when i got to my ten club seats sat down figured in a good spot to see a good show. Then started to smell shit so i looked around and noticed a dried pile of shit under my wifes seat. Thought no prob so went to get someone to clean it up and all he did was smear dried shit in to the concrete .So i had them move my seats which was ok they were back farther then my original but aleast i did'nt have to smell shit and i met some really cool people. now the crowd . I saw way to many people sitting and not to many rocking out . did not expect to much after seeing how people in Virginia tailgate. Allthough my last PJ show was philly 4 so kind of bias after tailgating in my hometown for a full day with my friends . I loved the poster and loved small town as an opener. Thank PJ for a good show.

You must have been in section 101, row J? My daughter and I were sitting about 7-8 seats down from you and saw what you're situation was. Seems like they would have sprayed some kind of disinfectant/deodarant on the concrete after they cleaned up the dog shit. After you left, some girls took those seats and either didn't seem to notice, or didn't mind, that there had just been dog shit cleaned up at those seats. Glad you got different seats and enjoyed the show, we loved it!
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • velogator wrote:
    I loved the show anytime I see PJ it dosen't matter what they play .I was psyched to hear sonic reducer. My problem was not with the band they always give us and nuclear show. My problem is with the venue when i got to my ten club seats sat down figured in a good spot to see a good show. Then started to smell shit so i looked around and noticed a dried pile of shit under my wifes seat. Thought no prob so went to get someone to clean it up and all he did was smear dried shit in to the concrete .So i had them move my seats which was ok they were back farther then my original but aleast i did'nt have to smell shit and i met some really cool people. now the crowd . I saw way to many people sitting and not to many rocking out . did not expect to much after seeing how people in Virginia tailgate. Allthough my last PJ show was philly 4 so kind of bias after tailgating in my hometown for a full day with my friends . I loved the poster and loved small town as an opener. Thank PJ for a good show.

You must have been in section 101, row J? My daughter and I were sitting about 7-8 seats down from you and saw what you're situation was. Seems like they would have sprayed some kind of disinfectant/deodarant on the concrete after they cleaned up the dog shit. After you left, some girls took those seats and either didn't seem to notice, or didn't mind, that there had just been dog shit cleaned up at those seats. Glad you got different seats and enjoyed the show, we loved it!
    That was me.I wasn't leaving I drove 4 hour to see pearl jam and that what i was going to do. After i walked my wife out I went back to check to see if they had cleaned up any better . couldn't tell with the girls sitting in my seats so that's when i decided to move. Just my luck in DC in 08 There were kid no older then 16 that puked all over the seats about 3 or 4 down from me and i sat through the hole show smelling puke didn't want another show to make me sick It pearl jam it's suppose to be fun. Hopfully the next PJ wasington show is in the verizon center at least there i wouldn't have to worry about shit under the seat.I would hope not anyway
  • No0nesRivalNo0nesRival Posts: 95
    waiting, watching the clock it's time for the Bristow show bootleg to be up
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    BOOTS ARE OUT!!!!
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA
    Just ordered mine! I can't wait for it to get here so I can relive the awesomeness of the night over and over. :clap::clap::clap:
  • Downloading as we speak...nearly 400 kb/s :D
    You may have seen me:
    Cleveland 5/20/2006
    Pittsburgh 6/23/2006
    Columbia 6/16/2008
    Bristow 5/13/2010
  • I'm waiting on my three copies!
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
    Joerock wrote:
    BOOTS ARE OUT!!!!

yey! :mrgreen:

• What an great night in Bristow. Took my 11 year daughter to her first concert ever and it was my 40th birthday. We got to the venue early. She commented "Daddy, we're three hours early...what do we do now?" "Take it all in", I answered. We started by enjoying some PJ from the car and meeting folks around us. We then proceeded to walk and explore the sites and sounds. It was great to see a show through her eyes for the first time and answer the many questions she had. Everyone we met along the way was awesome! Hearing the band warming up, we went around to the back of the venue and listened to a 5-6 song sound check...she was really getting stoked. She has an incredible head for remembering song lyrics and was singing words to songs from No Code and Yield that I had no idea she knew.

It only got better from there as the gates opened and we made our way to the merch table for posters. We took many pictures along the way. What a great experience all the way around. I can't wait to make them into a book for her, frame her poster, and give the bootleg to her for 12th birthday this month.

By the way, she's ready to take me to a concert now. Looks like we're off to Paramore this summer, this time with some of her friends. I think she's hooked...but then again how could she not be after seeing one of the best live bands around for your first show! I feel sorry for all the other bands that follow. Thanks for the memories Pearl Jam!!!
    Pearl Jam
    9.18.98/10.27.09/5.13.10/7.19.13(earthcam)/10.21.13/10.27.13
    Solo/Side Project
    Balt MD 6.15.09 EV/Balt MD 10.9.10 BRAD
    DC 3.21.11 Tres Mts/DC 11.3.12 RNDM
  • JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    checked the tracker, its coming in the mail today!
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA
  • Joerock wrote:
    checked the tracker, its coming in the mail today!
    Yeah man! I'm stoked.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • What an great night in Bristow. Took my 11 year daughter to her first concert ever and it was my 40th birthday. We got to the venue early. She commented "Daddy, we're three hours early...what do we do now?" "Take it all in", I answered. We started by enjoying some PJ from the car and meeting folks around us. We then proceeded to walk and explore the sites and sounds. It was great to see a show through her eyes for the first time and answer the many questions she had. Everyone we met along the way was awesome! Hearing the band warming up, we went around to the back of the venue and listened to a 5-6 song sound check...she was really getting stoked. She has an incredible head for remembering song lyrics and was singing words to songs from No Code and Yield that I had no idea she knew.

It only got better from there as the gates opened and we made our way to the merch table for posters. We took many pictures along the way. What a great experience all the way around. I can't wait to make them into a book for her, frame her poster, and give the bootleg to her for 12th birthday this month.

By the way, she's ready to take me to a concert now. Looks like we're off to Paramore this summer, this time with some of her friends. I think she's hooked...but then again how could she not be after seeing one of the best live bands around for your first show! I feel sorry for all the other bands that follow. Thanks for the memories Pearl Jam!!!

Glad you and your daughter had such a great day! If you were waiting for the gates to open, I was probably near you...they couldn't open fast enough! :lol:
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
    Just got mine out of the mailbox! can't wait to listen!!!
  • Just got mine out of the mailbox! can't wait to listen!!!

The turnaround time on the boots is crazy good.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)