*** Columbus Fanviews Here 5/6/10 ***

Comments

• mysameoldfriendmysameoldfriend Tennessee Posts: 227
    Pearl Jam Radio is playing Mike's preset "Dead Flowers" right now! Sounds great!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    forgot to mention....my first time on Stone's side....pretty funny to see Ed running behind Boom for smokes and wine. :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • todd141todd141 Posts: 9
    Had bad tickets - about 15 rows from the top, on Stone's side at the edge of the stage. Could NOT hear anything Eddie said, almost couldn't make out what song was being played....sounded HORRIBLE. I've only seen them in Toledo (10th row) and in Cincy (28th row) - (vote for change and 2006 tour) but this was the worst - waste of money for me @ 80 bucks a ticket!!!!. I don't blame the band...and the tickets were last minute but dang....disappointing. Waste of money in my opinion. Can't wait to buy the boot so I can hear what I missed.

Please don't take this as anything negative against the band - I love them as much as anyone.

Todd.
    todd141 wrote:
    Had bad tickets - about 15 rows from the top, on Stone's side at the edge of the stage. Could NOT hear anything Eddie said, almost couldn't make out what song was being played....sounded HORRIBLE. I've only seen them in Toledo (10th row) and in Cincy (28th row) - (vote for change and 2006 tour) but this was the worst - waste of money for me @ 80 bucks a ticket!!!!. I don't blame the band...and the tickets were last minute but dang....disappointing. Waste of money in my opinion. Can't wait to buy the boot so I can hear what I missed.

Please don't take this as anything negative against the band - I love them as much as anyone.

Todd.

you'll like the boot! ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Speaking of boots . Did anyone(other than the band) record? If so, a link please?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Ruf2zirkRuf2zirk Charleston, WV Posts: 6
    This was my first time at a Pearl Jam show and I'll be damned if it is my last. These guys were better live than I could have ever imagined. By far the best show I've ever seen. I cannot wait until the next one
    Ruf2zirk wrote:
    This was my first time at a Pearl Jam show and I'll be damned if it is my last. These guys were better live than I could have ever imagined. By far the best show I've ever seen. I cannot wait until the next one
    where were your seats?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Ruf2zirk wrote:
    where were your seats?

im pretty sure i sat right behind you 115 G 11 nd 12
    Ruf2zirk wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Ruf2zirk wrote:
    where were your seats?

YES SIR!!!!! Was a blast wasn't it? See you got home safe. Did ya check that site yet?

mickeyrat wrote:
    Ruf2zirk wrote:

YES SIR!!!!! Was a blast wasn't it? See you got home safe. Did ya check that site yet?

A blast would be an understatement, it was phenomenal. And yes, that may be the most awesome site on the WWW. I checked out the first show you saw in 94.. Man that had to be awesome
  • Bearfan80Bearfan80 Posts: 221
    todd141 wrote:

Todd.

One remedy for your poor tickets.... Join 10C.
    2000- Cincinnati, OH
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Virginia Beach, VA
    2010- Columbus, OH
    2010- Noblesville, IN
    2010- Cleveland, OH
    2011- Detroit, MI (EV Solo Show)
    2013- Chicago
    2013- Pittsburgh
    2013- Buffalo
    2013- Charlottesville
  • fdavidfdavid Indianapolis Posts: 71
    BMoore09 wrote:
    Great show last night.

10C# 189*** and we were in the first section lower bowl, about 10-15 rows up. 10C's really hooked me up with great seats the past few shows I've been too. I'd much rather be on the sides than too far back on the floor

PICS: http://picasaweb.google.com/BMoore09/Pe ... umbus5610#

This was somewhere around my 12th-15th PJ show. I've saw them at the Vic in Chicago, the Spectrum in October, and I gotta say the energy of the crowd and the band here in Columbus was almost equivalent to those. GO was badass, Alone was a treat, Crazy Mary was highlight as well.
    Great show, great crowd, great seats. Thanks 10C.

So I guess since I was on the side section that everyone on the floor had a lower 1)C than me? Or do they start on the sides before they go all the way back to the floor?

Awesome pics - thx so much for posting!
    Soldier Field 95, Indy/Deer Creek 98, Indy/Deer Creek 2000, Cinci 2006, Tampa 2008, Columbus 2010, Indy 2010, Chicago United Center 2009, PJ20 Alpine Valley both, Chicago Wrigley 2013, Philly 2013 night 2, Charlotte 13, LA 1 '13, LA2 '13, Cinci '14, Denver '14, Tampa '16, Lexington '16, Chicago Wrigley Nite 1 2016
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Got back home in CT from Buffalo last night. What a road trip. Columbus was a great show but the best show I saw was performed by a coupla girls in a dorm at OSU on cinco de mayo at 3:00 am :D8-) :twisted:
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    Sea wrote:
    May 6, 2010 Columbus, OH, Nationwide Arena

Mike's preset: Dead Flowers (Jagger, Richards), That’s All Right, new song for Mike’s son (McCready)

Set List: Oceans, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Got Some, World Wide Suicide, Faithfull, Small Town, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Comatose, Marker In The Sand, Unthought Known, Grievance, Alone, The Fixer, Do The Evolution

1st encore: Just Breathe, Black, State Of Love And Trust, Spin The Black Circle, Go

2nd encore: Come Back (dedicated to Brian Shaffer), Once, Hail Hail, Crazy Mary (Williams), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please try to keep the thread for Fanviews....
    Thank you :)

thanks to 10c i won the lottery. on the aisle to boot.
    dead flowers/mike opener killer. what a special treat. thank you mike.
    band of horses great
    loved hearing given to fly early in setlist(2nd song)
    then my fave song, corduroy, got some, wws into faithful. WOW
    other faves were marker in the sand(not played enough-imo) and
    just breathe is in the perfect spot to highlite it-so beautiful
    any show with solat is a great show
    good people all about. nice arena.
    cool black and white show shirts
    merch table opened up outside venue, preshow
    definitely worth the long drive
  • 59fender59fender Statesville NC Posts: 46
    is mike's preset gonna be on the boot? cause i missed it, i really wanna hear it
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    59fender wrote:
    is mike's preset gonna be on the boot? cause i missed it, i really wanna hear it
    hope so
    if not i got a pretty good copy on you tube
    i can't link it here at work but my user name there is mrsa101 if you look that up you will find it
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    59fender wrote:

considering they have never put pre-sets on the boots in the past, the most likely answer is, no.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • TheVic61TheVic61 Posts: 2
    Why is it taking so long to get the boot out???? Everyday I want to shake my computer like an Etch-a-Sketch to get rid of the 2 shows available. Cbus show was great!!!
  • yeah, let's get the the boots out to the peeps y'all! yee haw. i am dying to buy the shows from this tour that i was at, most of all C-Bus.
  • 59fender59fender Statesville NC Posts: 46
    TheVic61 wrote:
    Why is it taking so long to get the boot out???? Everyday I want to shake my computer like an Etch-a-Sketch to get rid of the 2 shows available. Cbus show was great!!!

+1
  • This was only my second show, but it was awesome. My brother, who's been to about 6 or so, said this was the best one he'd ever been to. Hope the boot for this doesn't take as long to come out as the Spectrum set did!
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    Boot available now....
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Can't wait till payday now to get this bootleg. My cuz said the Buffalo show was a good one i might be purchasing that one as well. :):D
    My butt itches!
  • Listening to it now, and I'm thrilled to say it sounds just as awesome as (if not better than) I remember! This is getting burned to disc to follow me around in the car for those long trips.

:D
  • timweltimwel Posts: 5
    Went to the show and reliving it now on the boot. This Crazy Mary was ridiculous! Boom ripped our faces off that night for sure.
    Can't wait to get Cleveland and the MSG shows!
    59fender wrote:

I heard no it is not on there :(

Not to rub it in but i am so happy i convinced my cousin to go in early
    My butt itches!
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    Wow, the boot is great. Best version of Crazy Mary they've done, IMHO.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
    Sila wrote:
    59fender wrote:

Just bought the physical boot this morning. Will be ripping and adding audience recording of the preset to the burned copy I will be making.

The preset is available. Cant post a link for it myself. Ask a very particularly giving member. He's usually very accomodating.

listening to the boot........mike was on fire! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Sila wrote:
    59fender wrote:

Just bought the physical boot this morning. Will be ripping and adding audience recording of the preset to the burned copy I will be making.

The preset is available. Cant post a link for it myself. Ask a very particularly giving member. He's usually very accomodating.

Nice!
    My butt itches!