Options

tonights poster

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
edited June 2008 in The Porch
would anyone be willing to grabe me a poster tonight, would be extremely grateful and pay upfront........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sinking fast, I know there is a kindhearted soul out there.....
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    It's still early, someone will help you out, I'm sure.

Then after they help you out, someone can help me out and pick me up one as well. :D I can paypal the funds now. ;)
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    we could form an orderly queue!!!
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    I feel bad for the person who is actually going to the show, who has the posters sell out right in front of him because people are buying posters for people who arent going to the show. Leave the posters for the people attending the concerts.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    fair point, but we all know thats not how this works.....

how about the 100 or so that get bought to go on ebay.....and make someone some money.....

whereas if fans can help fans out without them having to pay increased prices surely thats a good idea.....I will get the poster one way or another....so its not exactly depriving a fan of having it, its stopping someone making a bucketload of cash flipping it...

Your theory is all well and good....and I agree with it.....in a bubble world....

if someone wants the poster badly they will get there early and grab it, I'm merely asking that if anyone gets the chance to grab me one that they do so, as i would be extremely indebted to them, and will as always throw them some rare recordings as my way of saying thanks....or maybe even trade anohter poster from the tour so far thats s/n
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    fair point, but we all know thats not how this works.....

how about the 100 or so that get bought to go on ebay.....and make someone some money.....

whereas if fans can help fans out without them having to pay increased prices surely thats a good idea.....I will get the poster one way or another....so its not exactly depriving a fan of having it, its stopping someone making a bucketload of cash flipping it...

Your theory is all well and good....and I agree with it.....in a bubble world....

if someone wants the poster badly they will get there early and grab it, I'm merely asking that if anyone gets the chance to grab me one that they do so, as i would be extremely indebted to them, and will as always throw them some rare recordings as my way of saying thanks....or maybe even trade anohter poster from the tour so far thats s/n

2 wrongs dont make a right.

Leave the posters for people going to the shows. I understand you want one, but so do I, and if I am going to the show I should have a 100% better chance at getting one than you. Buying one for someone who isnt there has the same result as someone buying one to flip it. There will be someone there that doesnt get one because one was bought for somone who wasnt there.

You offering to "throw in some rare recordings' is the same thing as someone paying an extra 30 bucks for one through a flipper.

• Options
    no, its offering to help out a fellow fan who helps out a fellow fan......

I hope you get one regardless.....

I do follow your argument, but its not realistic, its a plain fact that tomorrow there will be tens of them on ebay, I dont want to have to pay inflated prices, that would be wrong. Dont want to get into an argument about it, you have your opinion I have mine, lets leave it at that...

sure Brad will sell them online and put an option on that allows people that went to the show the chance first....because that clearly the right thing to do
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    4Powers20 wrote:

Leave the posters for people going to the shows. I understand you want one, but so do I, and if I am going to the show I should have a 100% better chance at getting one than you. Buying one for someone who isnt there has the same result as someone buying one to flip it. There will be someone there that doesnt get one because one was bought for somone who wasnt there.

You offering to "throw in some rare recordings' is the same thing as someone paying an extra 30 bucks for one through a flipper.

definitely agreed. you'll have a chance to trade for one or buy from Klausen or 10c later on....you don't even know for sure what this one will look like...
  • Options
    Why do these poster threads always turn into pissing contests on who has the better morals.

If someone going to the show wants the poster, they should be sure to arrive before the person going to the show but buying the poster for someone not attending the show. Problem solved. :D

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    Why do these poster threads always turn into pissing contests on who has the better morals.

If someone going to the show wants the poster, they should be sure to arrive before the person going to the show but buying the poster for someone not attending the show. Problem solved. :D

Good point. I will tell my boss that I need to leave work 3 hours early 5 different days to get a poster. Thanks for your help.

• Options

Its one of those things isnt it, and to be expected round here.....
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Good point. I will tell my boss that I need to leave work 3 hours early 5 different days to get a poster. Thanks for your help.

Hope it all works out, enjoy the shows.

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:

or you could ask someone to get you one!!!!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    4Powers20 wrote:

No, but 3 rights make a left. What?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    any help?

• Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    pdalowsky wrote:
    or you could ask someone to get you one!!!!

Why is it that everytme there is some kind of merch - you are on here asking people to pick up stuff for you. Its hard enough for a person to get their own stuff, let alone worry about someone elses crap, If you want one bad enough you can :

A) Go to the show or
    B) Go to Ebay or ebeans or
    C) Wait for the 10c Sale.

Too many flippers coming here asking people to pick stuff up. I mean c'mon - ask once maybe twice for something you really really need.

Im sure there are plenty of folks want something from the shows they cant attend, shit, i want a poster too, but it'll just have to wait.
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    fuck me, I am so sorry I asked...

to call me a flipper is also retarded, I've never sold a single poster. I collect. Prick.

whats wrong with a friendly request. Some people have been very receptive to helping me out....
    ZAPPER wrote:
    Why is it that everytme there is some kind of merch - you are on here asking people to pick up stuff for you. Its hard enough for a person to get their own stuff, let alone worry about someone elses crap, If you want one bad enough you can :

A) Go to the show or

Too many flippers coming here asking people to pick stuff up. I mean c'mon - ask once maybe twice for something you really really need.

Im sure there are plenty of folks want something from the shows they cant attend, shit, i want a poster too, but it'll just have to wait.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Getting our hands on these posters is an open and free competition and so is the market, deal with it!

The people who wants them the most will get theirs. Thats just how it is, both at the show and in the aftermarket.

Second, Paul is no flipper and have been nothing but friendly and humble in his requests!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    ZAPPER wrote:

A) Go to the show or

That was WAAAAY out of line(imho). Do you know him?? P is one of the coolest collectors I have ever known. Why would you ASSume that because he asked here, he is a flipper? Dont be a hater because he has the balls to ask. If as a collector, you want one, you will find any way you can to get it. Hell, I am not going to ONE east coast show, and if everything works out for me, I will have posters from 1/2 the shows! You gonna call me a flipper too? If so, I am in some pretty good company, cause there are some pretty good people who come here and ask for help, most recieve it, and you wont see them on the bay. end rant.....
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    That was WAAAAY out of line(imho). Do you know him?? P is one of the coolest collectors I have ever known. Why would you ASSume that because he asked here, he is a flipper? Dont be a hater because he has the balls to ask. If as a collector, you want one, you will find any way you can to get it. Hell, I am not going to ONE east coast show, and if everything works out for me, I will have posters from 1/2 the shows! You gonna call me a flipper too? If so, I am in some pretty good company, cause there are some pretty good people who come here and ask for help, most recieve it, and you wont see them on the bay. end rant.....

and the people going to the shows are more likely to not get a poster from the show they ATTENDED because people are buying for people who arent attending the show. they are plenty of chances to get the poster after the show. leave the posters at the show for people at the show. Not fair to the guy who sees the posters selll out in front of him.

and I am not calling you a flipper. I understand you collect them. but its still not right.

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    and the people going to the shows are more likely to not get a poster from the show they ATTENDED because people are buying for people who arent attending the show. they are plenty of chances to get the poster after the show. leave the posters at the show for people at the show. Not fair to the guy who sees the posters selll out in front of him.

and I am not calling you a flipper. I understand you collect them. but its still not right.

Yes, because people who didn't attend the show should be forced to pay flipper prices on Ebay, or try to get one of the 3 APs brad puts up on his site for sale, or wait the 6 months for 10C to put them up for sale on the site. You are totally right. :rolleyes:

btw, did your boss allow you the time off, or is he going to get back to you?

• Options
    You know guys, some people just don't get it.....probably best to leave them to it...

At the end of the day this thread was basically started to ask if anyone would be kind enough to help, as loads of you guys would if you had a chance (some great folk have done me favours and me likewise in return), not as a vehicle for people to come along and say its wrong to ask, if you don't like the thread, dont read it and move on....I really dont need your input its not dead helpful, you could of course go and create your own thread about why this shouldnt happen....I probably wont stop by....

And cheers Scott, very good of you, means a lot.
  • Options
    Yes, because people who didn't attend the show should be forced to pay flipper prices on Ebay, or try to get one of the 3 APs brad puts up on his site for sale, or wait the 6 months for 10C to put them up for sale on the site. You are totally right. :rolleyes:

btw, did your boss allow you the time off, or is he going to get back to you?

the posters being sold at the shows are for people at the shows. Are you saying someone who attends the show should have to pay ebay prices so someone who wasnt there doesnt have to?

I have the time I need, my bosses are cool.

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    You know guys, some people just don't get it.....probably best to leave them to it...

At the end of the day this thread was basically started to ask if anyone would be kind enough to help, as loads of you guys would if you had a chance (some great folk have done me favours and me likewise in return), not as a vehicle for people to come along and say its wrong to ask, if you don't like the thread, dont read it and move on....I really dont need your input its not dead helpful, you could of course go and create your own thread about why this shouldnt happen....I probably wont stop by....

And cheers Scott, very good of you, means a lot.

thats cool, but I will express my opinion where ever I want.

Just want people to realize that by helping you out, there will be someone at the show who gets shut out. If they still want to help you that is thier choice.

• Options
    I'm sure people really value your input......

the fact that the Klausens were still available for sale AFTER the show last night really pisses all over your argument....move on if you will
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:

I wasnt saying YOU were calling me a flipper, it was more rhetorical than anything else. That said, how do we know that the people buying at the shows arent going to sell them as well? Just because you go to the show, doesnt me your intentions are anymore pure than anyone else. There are going to be people who wanted one that wont get one whether here or 10C.

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    I wasnt saying YOU were calling me a flipper, it was more rhetorical than anything else. That said, how do we know that the people buying at the shows arent going to sell them as well? Just because you go to the show, doesnt me your intentions are anymore pure than anyone else. There are going to be people who wanted one that wont get one whether here or 10C.

I know that, but no need to add to the problem.

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I know that, but no need to add to the problem.

Well...We agree to disagree, we shall call it a draw then? :D

• Options
    great idea, the whole argument is totally flawed, we obviously have the better points, but a draw is probably reasonable !!!

still dont see the point at al given the posters didnt sell out till people were on their way out the arena
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    great idea, the whole argument is totally flawed, we obviously have the better points, but a draw is probably reasonable !!!

still dont see the point at al given the posters didnt sell out till people were on their way out the arena

well last night was a fluke. they were giving away tix out front for 5 bucks.