Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    and did you get your poster??
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    pdalowsky wrote:
    and did you get your poster??

my first show is tommorrow. I cant wait by the way!

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    have a great time....I would be so excited.....
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I'm sure people really value your input......

the fact that the Klausens were still available for sale AFTER the show last night really pisses all over your argument....move on if you will

The posters were still available because the tickets to the show were still available.

Generally....Not the rule.

People couldn't GIVE tickets away in the lot. And this...IS THE TRUTH.

Me? I had a poster...and I lost it. Oh well. I lost it having a really good time.

;)
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    4Powers20 wrote:
    well last night was a fluke. they were giving away tix out front for 5 bucks.

Oh... Just saw this... :o

Yeah...A lot of people ate tix at VB!

Now we know why they don't play the south.

Holy crap!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:

Me? I had a poster...and I lost it. Oh well. I lost it having a really good time.

;)

Oh really now? :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    for the record, paul is NO flipper, and he lives in the UK, which makes it a little tougher for him to get to these shows

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    The posters were still available because the tickets to the show were still available.

Generally....Not the rule.

People couldn't GIVE tickets away in the lot. And this...IS THE TRUTH.

;)

that makes no sense. unless there were less people at the show than there were posters. which there wasn't. i don't care if the show wasn't sold out, there were certainly more than 500 people there....

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Im going in earlt to get a poster
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    for the record, paul is NO flipper, and he lives in the UK, which makes it a little tougher for him to get to these shows

you know Jimmy, I'm not too sure what i started here!!!

Got a little stick on the Pm's too, tad harsh really, only wanted a poster...and only ever asked once before on the Vedder solo tour....will think carefully about doing so again....there really are some odd people on here at times
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    pdalowsky wrote:
    will think carefully about doing so again....there really are some odd people on here at times

Screw that!!...You NEED, you ASK....If someone wants to help you, then good on them, if not, you tried. Do whatever you can to get what you want/need. Just like getting a copy of a show you need. I didnt get what I have waiting for people to ask me if I wanted help. I wanted something, I found a way to get it some how some way and so have you! Dont change now!! No harm, no foul! :)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    your right, I'm being spineless and pathetic....

never bothered me what people thought before, some of the comments got a bit on my nerves thats all, people who dont know me or jack about me passing comment on what i do...

I'm a collector, and a pretty dedicated one at that and this surely is the place to try and find bits you are missing - you know fellow Pearl Jam fans....certainly beats going and asking on a Chess forum..
  • Options
    Im going in earlt to get a poster

any chance you may grab two!!!!
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    if they give out bracelets, there may only be a 1 Poster limit per person - just in case you didnt realize.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Cheers

was aware of that but quite a few people from Virginia got two of the Klausens, simply because there were plenty left....

theres even a guy on ebay with two for sale right now.....I just try and avoid ebay and deal with those I know...certainly in the immediate aftermath.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    pdalowsky wrote:
    your right, I'm being spineless and pathetic....

never bothered me what people thought before, some of the comments got a bit on my nerves thats all, people who dont know me or jack about me passing comment on what i do...

I'm a collector, and a pretty dedicated one at that and this surely is the place to try and find bits you are missing - you know fellow Pearl Jam fans....certainly beats going and asking on a Chess forum..

Paul you see like a good man - sometimes I wonder where you get all the dough I see you tossing around on here in pursuit of your collection...chalk it up to the British pound :)
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I'm not trying to be a dick but has it gotten that hard to score one off of the 10c sales? I personally never have problems with it- actually it is much easier than scoring one at a show
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Cheers

was aware of that but quite a few people from Virginia got two of the Klausens, simply because there were plenty left....

theres even a guy on ebay with two for sale right now.....I just try and avoid ebay and deal with those I know...certainly in the immediate aftermath.

The Va Beach posters sold out fairly quickly- they guys that have more than one didn't get them because there were extras. I would say they sold out within 20-25 minutes at the main stand- I know I personally saw people get turned away while in line for them
  • Options
    Man the 10club sales of late have been pretty much impossible...

I was sat at 10pst for the dusseldorf, the kenyon, and a few others and I never even saw the buy button they sold that quick, and I was refreshing like crazy. It can be very difficult, and as for Artillery thats even worse.

I even missed the ames sub it was that quick, however my sharing buddy Niko managed to bag one for the two of us....
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I'm not trying to be a dick but has it gotten that hard to score one off of the 10c sales? I personally never have problems with it- actually it is much easier than scoring one at a show

The Va Beach posters sold out fairly quickly- they guys that have more than one didn't get them because there were extras. I would say they sold out within 20-25 minutes at the main stand- I know I personally saw people get turned away while in line for them

ah fair do's. I'm only repeating what I've been informed of, i understand from a couple of people they managed to snag a spare after the show on picking up their with a bracelet.....
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    Paul you see like a good man - sometimes I wonder where you get all the dough I see you tossing around on here in pursuit of your collection...chalk it up to the British pound :)

thanks...appreciate that,

You know I don't spend that much on this, I have done over the years dont get me wrong, but these days its just keeping up with what is released which is fairly cheap considering hwat you would payn for the 96's and 98's etc....the really rare stuff costs a packet, so I had to leave the reeenk roink recenrly, went out of my zone I'm afraid.

The strong pound for the last 5 years has been very handy in helping me acquire stuff though, for what in dollars is silly money, but converted to the british quid hasnt been too bad.

I never buy stuff for the investment value though, i couldnt care less what things are worth once I have them, these things are my hobby, I enjoy it, it makes me tick (god knows why, its more OCD than anything else), but like Scott so often says on here, this stuff is for my pleasure, what happens to it when i'm dead isnt important, as thats the only time it'll ever get sold.

god help me if Niko ever wins and gets me collecting vinyl as well......My wife will divorce me
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    ah fair do's. I'm only repeating what I've been informed of, i understand from a couple of people they managed to snag a spare after the show on picking up their with a bracelet.....

yeah I know of some people that got more than one but it was because they had someone else buy them for them. The posters were sold out well before Kings of Leon took stage.

I would imagine you would be able to score one of these through 10c; I would imagine that this one will not sell as fast as the Kenyon and Dusseldorf. I would think that this would sell a little faster than the Vic poster did, so that should give you a solid 3-5 minutes to get one
  • Options
    worst case scenario I'll give it a blast, gotta be worth a go, you are probably right though, its not one of his materpieces like the DC or dusseldorf, so although it'll sell well, it'll not be the gold dust that the kenyon was....

ikts just when will that sale be?? Might be a long way off....
  • Options
    Santos? ;)
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    worst case scenario I'll give it a blast, gotta be worth a go, you are probably right though, its not one of his materpieces like the DC or dusseldorf, so although it'll sell well, it'll not be the gold dust that the kenyon was....

ikts just when will that sale be?? Might be a long way off....

It will probably be a month or so after the tour, Artillery will probably do it a week or so after the tour.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    thunderDAN wrote:
    It will probably be a month or so after the tour, Artillery will probably do it a week or so after the tour.

The Artillery ones are also $60 each.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    The Artillery ones are also $60 each.

2 things about that: 1)they are signed and numbered 2)most people don't have to worry about it because they will sell out so quickly or the site will crash or a combination of both
  • Options
    gotta say though Scott, its gotta be worth it for it to be the AP version, certainly considering you'd pay that for one off the bay...

were these really only 25 at the shows, and the ames 30??
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    yeah I know of some people that got more than one but it was because they had someone else buy them for them. The posters were sold out well before Kings of Leon took stage.

I would imagine you would be able to score one of these through 10c; I would imagine that this one will not sell as fast as the Kenyon and Dusseldorf. I would think that this would sell a little faster than the Vic poster did, so that should give you a solid 3-5 minutes to get one

sorry, dude, but this is wrong. each of the three merch stands had an allotment of posters. the closest one to the front door was sold out, but the lake stand, in the concession area on stone's side of the venue had some leftover, for sale, after the show.

• Options
    paul

pm sent