The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    The entire coaching staff returning. Good stuff.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    alg_granderson.jpg
    You know, I'm really impressed with this guy. I never knew much about him, but from the interviews he's done since the signing and just the way that he's handling his new height in popularity I think it's safe to say that he'll be a great Yankee.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    alg_granderson.jpg
    You know, I'm really impressed with this guy. I never knew much about him, but from the interviews he's done since the signing and just the way that he's handling his new height in popularity I think it's safe to say that he'll be a great Yankee.

Agreed. The more I hear him talk, the more I like him. I know all this talk will mean nothing if he does not perform but he seems like a stand up guy that will thrive in NY, much the opposite of a certain pitcher that retired the other day. I am really looking forward to watching him play!
    Dave Cone is leaving YES, too bad. I thought he was very good and was the only YES guy that accepted advanced stats. Now how do we get Ken Singleton to do every game?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dave Cone is leaving YES, too bad. I thought he was very good and was the only YES guy that accepted advanced stats. Now how do we get Ken Singleton to do every game?
    Not a Michael Kay fan I see. ;)

I like when Paul O'Neill does games as well. He's kind of sarcastic, which I enjoy.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not a Michael Kay fan I see. ;)

I like when Paul O'Neill does games as well. He's kind of sarcastic, which I enjoy.

I actually don't hate Kay as much as most. I find him pretty arrorgant and foolish at times but I think he does a decent job calling the games.

I definitely like when O'Neill does the games. It's too bad he has such a limited schedule. I did see rumors that Cone leaving could open the door for Tino but he was pretty brutal on Baseball Tonight last season.
    I think it would be cool if Mike Mussina came in and did some commentating, but he seems more like the quiet/reserved type.
    tcaporale wrote:
    I think it would be cool if Mike Mussina came in and did some commentating, but he seems more like the quiet/reserved type.

Haha, that would be great but considering he and Kay absolutely fucking hate each other I don't see that happening. You are right though, he is a smart guy and I am sure would add a whole lot to a game.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

Haha, that would be great but considering he and Kay absolutely fucking hate each other I don't see that happening. You are right though, he is a smart guy and I am sure would add a whole lot to a game.
    Oh, wow, I never even knew about that. I don't know how anybody could hate the Moose...
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    They should have suz do games. I love her sexy voice....:-D
    tcaporale wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

Oh, wow, I never even knew about that. I don't know how anybody could hate the Moose...

Mussina never really liked the media all that much and was not that open with them. Kay had a huge problem with Mussina making excuses after bad starts and accused him of not being accountable to his teammates. Kay ripped him pretty good on his radio show for a while.

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS.....
    tcaporale wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

Agreed though, I would love to meet Moose and talk some baseball with him, maybe have him school me a bit in some economics. I know he has been coaching his kids little league team near Williamsport.

I am a huge fan of Mussina and think he is a Hall of Famer.
    It's a shame that he retired before he got to 300 wins, I think he could've done it in at least two more seasons. He's always been underrated. Too bad he left the year before the Yanks won the Series. I feel the same way about Mattingly never winning one.
    tcaporale wrote:
    It's a shame that he retired before he got to 300 wins, I think he could've done it in at least two more seasons. He's always been underrated. Too bad he left the year before the Yanks won the Series. I feel the same way about Mattingly never winning one.

For sure, it's kind of crazy the Yanks won it all the year after both of them retired. Too bad.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HAHAHA. I hope you know I'm kidding.. "ROGER IS IN GEORGES BOX!!!!!"
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HAHAHA. I hope you know I'm kidding.. "ROGER IS IN GEORGES BOX!!!!!"

Yessir, I knew you were kidding. hahaha. She is brutal.
    On a different note, I'm really hoping on some kind of agreement with Damon. He may not be the best fielder but he cements the #2 spot in that lineup very well.
    tcaporale wrote:
    On a different note, I'm really hoping on some kind of agreement with Damon. He may not be the best fielder but he cements the #2 spot in that lineup very well.

For sure, I would absolutely love for Damon to come back. That linueup would be unreal if he were it in. Johnson is a very good fit in the #2 spot but having damon back would be pretty awesome. I just don't see it happening since Johnson was signed. The Yanks last offer is more than he is going to get form anyone now and there is no shot they put that offer back out there. I would imagine he would have to take a 2 year 12mil offer which i dont see happening.

If Damon were in the Lineup (bottom of the order is a quick guess at what I would do, after the top 4 it gets tough):

Jeter
    Damon
    Tex
    Arod
    Granderson (against righties at least)
    Posada
    Cano
    Swisher
    Johnson (gotta have his OBP in front of the best hitters, I would be willing to sacarfice 1 AB a game to have him there)
    hideki-matsui-game-6-world-series-690d285cd89923c5_large.jpg

FUCK AND YES!!!
    One more because I am a tad drunk and still pumped about the Yanks

jeter-575x395.jpg
    A good look at the best 3/4 combos in baseball, a bit suprised by the result although I definitely should not have been.

http://riveraveblues.com/2010/01/the-be ... ame-22118/
    Also a profile of Jesus Montero, can't wait to see this kid play.

http://riveraveblues.com/2010/01/prospe ... ero-21875/
    Fuck you Pedro!!!
    639-s170-World_Series_Phillies_Yankees_Baseball.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg
  • Since we are posting Damon pictures from New York.

johnny-damon-hitting-grand-slam-game-7--alcs-%C2%A9photofile.jpg
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    tcaporale wrote:
    Fuck you Pedro!!!
    639-s170-World_Series_Phillies_Yankees_Baseball.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

love the pedro/jeter stare.
    Since we are posting Damon pictures from New York.

2004 is over my friend....Yanks are the 2009 champs.

If you want to go back in time....

dailyfix0826_art_400_20080826104706.jpg
    Leno's new show blows but this is pretty cool....

http://video.tvguide.com/Jay+Leno+Show/ ... oplay=true

Denzel beats CC in Yankees trivia, the guy knows his yankees.

should I post an Arron Boone pic?