EV Memphis 6/20 Pre-Party Fundraiser

Comments

• Too late? Out of the question? I bet I know where an extra ticket is!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Okay all you Facebookers!!! Here's a link to the Delta Girls Rock Camp's profile.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... 081&ref=nf

Feel free to add them & let them know that you are a PJ fan.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Too late? Out of the question? I bet I know where an extra ticket is!

Thank you but I'm flying home to surprise my dad for Father's day. So Memphis is out for me.

See you in August. :)
  • krymsinkrymsin Posts: 75
    "I got 16 days --
    "Got a Bible and a rosary,
    "God i wish that you were close to me
    "'Cause i owe you an apology."
    -- Whiskeytown, "16 Days"

Sixteen days to THE ORPHEUM!!!!

:D
    If you hate something,
    Don't you do it, too.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    16 Days!!! :mrgreen:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    I am a little late getting on board, but I will be there at fund raiser...interested to no more about this group rate thing at the Westin...just call em up and say give me the discount :)
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • The deadline for the Westin was May 20th. You could try to book still......but, I'm not sure if you'll have any luck. Sorry! Tell them you are in the ten club block. 1-800-WESTIN1
  • My wife and I will be at the Pre-party.
    Brian and Carmen Soucie

Looking forward to it!
    13 days! :mrgreen:
    And sorry I haven't updated the raflle donations, I can't remember all of what Melissa said we have. But we can always use more! And please consider any old instruments you aren't using. They can use anything. Even stuff like guitar strings and reeds for clarinets, stuff like that. Any instrument will be put to good use.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    Bump for the best party of this tour. hehehehe :)
  • 13 days!!! I emailed 10C for a donation on Thursday & they replied on Friday........ ;)
    13 days!!! I emailed 10C for a donation on Thursday & they replied on Friday........ ;)

pm sent to you.
    13 days!!! I emailed 10C for a donation on Thursday & they replied on Friday........ ;)
    Ohhhhhhhhhh hmmmmm are you going to tell me what they said :mrgreen:
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    I'm digging through my collection and trying to find some stuff to donate. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Mindi, I'll call ya tomorrow.

ArcticAngel, Thanks so much!!!!

Gosh y'all, we are down to the wire!
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I was reading the Nashville pre-party thread and something was said about raffles being illegal in Tennessee. Does that create a problem? I find it hard to believe that the raffle police will be hanging out on Beale Street that night, but I guess stranger things have happened.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I was reading the Nashville pre-party thread and something was said about raffles being illegal in Tennessee. Does that create a problem? I find it hard to believe that the raffle police will be hanging out on Beale Street that night, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Technically, you have to have a gaming permit to conduct a raffle. We've never had an issue with this before but, to be on the safe side, Krista is trying to figure out ways around conducting a raffle in order to protect the establishment and the charity.

Again, we've done a lot of pre-party events without any hassle, but the one time we don't cover ourselves, something comes up.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • We're not having a raffle. We are having an "unraffle". No participation needed to win....cause we have a gift for everyone coming to the pre-party in Memphis.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    We're not having a raffle. We are having an "unraffle". No participation needed to win....cause we have a gift for everyone coming to the pre-party in Memphis.

...and that's how you get around it. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    We're not having a raffle. We are having an "unraffle". No participation needed to win....cause we have a gift for everyone coming to the pre-party in Memphis.
    :mrgreen:

NICE :)
    Everyone's a winner!
    :D

Can't wait!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • That's right! Everyone's a winner at the Memphis pre-party & the Delta Girls are going to be the biggest winner of us all!
    That's right! Everyone's a winner at the Memphis pre-party & the Delta Girls are going to be the biggest winner of us all!

Well said. :D

I hope the donations keep on coming until the very last second. :):):)
  • I hope they keep coming in, too. I really home we end up with some cool things to unraffle & auction! If everyone comes through that have promised donation.....things will be great! Still now word from Graceland or Gibson :(

Memphis party goers, lets try to keep this on the front page. Its too close not to!
    I hope they keep coming in, too. I really home we end up with some cool things to unraffle & auction! If everyone comes through that have promised donation.....things will be great! Still now word from Graceland or Gibson :(

Memphis party goers, lets try to keep this on the front page. Its too close not to!

Come on people make sure you donate the items you promised for this pre-party. It's for a great cause. :)

BUMP
  • So, who all is staying in Memphis on Sunday & would possibly interested in taking the trip out to Graceland & taking the tour?
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    Wow, a trip to Graceland would rock, even if you're not an Elvis fan - as a music lover, you gotta recognize what the man contributed to the world of music.

We're on a tight schedule heading back to Michigan on Sunday, so I don't think we'll make it. But hey, things may change.

And I'm still trying to figure out what I can donate for the raffle, I may be a last minute add on. Stay tuned...

:)
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Thank you everyone that have promised donations for the preparty!! If you would still like to contribute & do not have any PJ merch that you are not willing to part with & think you would still like to help. You could always purchase any of these items & bring them for the recycle: Guitar picks, strings, straps, & cords or Drum sticks. All of these items except the cords are fairly enexspensive & can be purchased at your local music store. Some items can be purchased at your local "box" store. The directors at the camp would really like to utilize our financial donation for scholarships for underprivileged girls. If every one of you were to bring just 1 of these items to the pre party; maybe another girl will learn how to rock out at the camp. Thank you!!

11 daze!

I wonder if Ed's gonna cover an Elvis song? PJ did in 2000 when they played there.
    So, who all is staying in Memphis on Sunday & would possibly interested in taking the trip out to Graceland & taking the tour?

We aren't staying on Sunday but will be there the day before the show and probably looking for cool stuff to do.
    Graceland would be awesome and the Country Music Hall of Fame is right around the corner from the hotel... any one else spending the "off day" in Memphis?