it's *official*....TOUR 2009!!!

Comments

• Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Oxxys wrote:
    I got no email!!!

Damnit... I got NO email either, and I always get their email. Did their "merge" screw up my ability to get their emails?

I dont think it's got to do with the merge, that was the first thing I thought of, since my account was all screwy for like a week, but then my BFF told me she didn't get it either, and she didn't have to merge accounts, she had the same email for both the board and the 10C site.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
    mrs_vedder wrote:
    I got the email this morning.....I hope they make it across the water to England, otherwise it'll be another trip over to the US, I'll be there in May to see Kings Of Leon :)

Hey! your name is like mine! :P well almost ;)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    mrs_vedder wrote:
    I got the email this morning.....I hope they make it across the water to England, otherwise it'll be another trip over to the US, I'll be there in May to see Kings Of Leon :)

...someday there'll be "Mrs.Vedder_7" like you had before for a while. ;)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    stevenutts wrote:
    tubes10s wrote:
    i'm putting this in this thread again hoping someone will read it and help out if they can...

i didn't receive an email either. i looked in my profile on pearljam.com, and on the "Edit Account Info" page, there is a section called "Block Configuration." under that are three check boxes labels "latest_music: block", "recent_news: block" and "Current concerts." In my account, the check boxes were checked for all three of these. it's not very clear what these boxes mean, if the boxes are checked, does that mean it's blocking stuff?

but then on the "Edit Contact Preferences" page, there are two check boxes that say "Want Product Emails" and "Want News Emails" and i also had both of them checked, so you'd think that i would receive emails.

are these two pages' check boxes contradicting each other?

Im wondering the same thing, its confusing

The block configuration part on the settings if for the configuration you see on the main site, like if you check off the news or the recent music and save you won't see them anymore on the main page.

The part that should me marked off should the want emails boxes on the Contact Preferences section but I think many of us who haven't received the email had it checked off, so I think it might be a techincal big on their end, I'm sure they'll fix it.
    CJMST3K wrote:
    mrs_vedder wrote:

...someday there'll be "Mrs.Vedder_7" like you had before for a while. ;)

That was the screwiest thing ... I wanted to change my name back to my original name with an underscore but it wouldn't let me, 10C said it was my computer, though i realized that it would change my name because it's already used by me on another account that I can't access to change it... LOL!
    It's really complicated to explain.... I'm really glad though that my membership information show on my profile now and that my name is almost back to normal and that my picture shows up again! :D
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I didn't get one either and I STILL can't login on the main Tenclub page. It's frustrating that their site is so messed up!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Hey, to those of you not getting the e-mail, make sure to thoroughly check your spam filters. Yahoo, for one, likes to intermittently decide to add e-mails to that list whether you ask them to or not.

I have hotmail and i have received emails from 10C without a problem for the past 9 years, this is the first email I dont get, I checked my junk folder nothing there and then I got a confirmation for my purchase of a shirt from the same email address the announcements come from, that went straight to my inbox :?
    By checking your spam filters, I mean exactly that, not just looking in your junk mail. There are specific settings in your email account that you can change. I'm going to start a thread explaining exactly how everyone can do this in Yahoo and in Hotmail (and to assume that based on that, they can all find it in their own emails if it's not one of those two servers).
    *Rock and/or Roll!*

That was the screwiest thing ... I wanted to change my name back to my original name with an underscore but it wouldn't let me, 10C said it was my computer, though i realized that it would change my name because it's already used by me on another account that I can't access to change it... LOL!
    It's really complicated to explain.... I'm really glad though that my membership information show on my profile now and that my name is almost back to normal and that my picture shows up again! :D

One your chiquimonkey comment on her t-shirt it says: Mrs_Vedder78 (not verified)
    Hey, to those of you not getting the e-mail, make sure to thoroughly check your spam filters. Yahoo, for one, likes to intermittently decide to add e-mails to that list whether you ask them to or not.

I have hotmail and i have received emails from 10C without a problem for the past 9 years, this is the first email I dont get, I checked my junk folder nothing there and then I got a confirmation for my purchase of a shirt from the same email address the announcements come from, that went straight to my inbox :?
    By checking your spam filters, I mean exactly that, not just looking in your junk mail. There are specific settings in your email account that you can change. I'm going to start a thread explaining exactly how everyone can do this in Yahoo and in Hotmail (and to assume that based on that, they can all find it in their own emails if it's not one of those two servers).

Hotmail seems to accept any email, spam or not... which is why I moved to Gmail. Seems very comprehensive. That's a good point, since I do simply check my "spam" if I think it got filtered as "spam". How would you alter the filter (better) in Gmail?
    CJMST3K wrote:

One your chiquimonkey comment on her t-shirt it says: Mrs_Vedder78 (not verified)

I know!!!! that's me too! The thing is this I had a board account when we switched to the old board on 2003, and then I asked Kat to disable that account and that when i created Mrs_vedder78 on 2005....
    So when they changed to this site, the old disabled account that had the same email as this took precedence and my handle was HOT TAMALE - lol - so I went in and changed it Mrs_vedder78 so when they asked for the merge info I never though they were going to blend them together so now I can't go back into the other account and change the username so that I can use it on this account.... does that make sense?
    But anyways like I said as long as my membership info show I'm good to go.... :D
    edited April 2009

I have already checked that <!-- e --><a href="mailto:donotreply@lists.pearljam.com">donotreply@lists.pearljam.com</a><!-- e --> address is on my safe senders list and my address book and my safe mailing lists, this is not a problem of each individual. Like I said I placed an order and the email confirming my purchase which is the same email that send the mass emails got to my inbox without an issue.

There is a lot of people that don't ever miss emails just like me and didn't get it this time, I dont think that all of our email accounts decided to block emails out of the blue just as a coincidence, I think the problem is on their end not ours.
    Post edited by Mrs.Vedder78 on
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    okay, now i am excited

officially

:mrgreen:
    Nice shirt.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I've never missed an email, until this one from yesterday.

:cry:
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    okay, now i am excited

officially

Your avatar is kind of funny.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
    Wilds wrote:
    I've never missed an email, until this one from yesterday.

:cry:

put your info here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=95789
  • I have not seen this email notice yet either maybe it will get to me later today. Just bring on the tour already!
    Rapid City 98
  • mrs_veddermrs_vedder Posts: 131
    mrs_vedder wrote:

Great minds think alike.........by the way, my name's actually Tracy!!
    mrs_vedder wrote:
    mrs_vedder wrote:

Great minds think alike.........by the way, my name's actually Tracy!!

Mine is Ursula, nice to meet ya' :)
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    am i missing something???

where the fuck did it say anything about a tour in that email????

its funny how the words "rumors" and "leaks" now mean the there is an official 2009 tour....

hehehehe...............

the only thing that is "official"....is the fact that half of YOU PEOPLE didnt recieve the mail....

THAT IS OFFICIAL!!!

confirmed...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529

its funny how the words "rumors" and "leaks" now mean the there is an official 2009 tour....

hehehehe...............

the only thing that is "official"....is the fact that half of YOU PEOPLE didnt recieve the mail....

THAT IS OFFICIAL!!!

confirmed...
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Yes...and the funny thing is that the e-mail just does what it is supposed to....Making all of us go crazy by wondering and wondering...I just wish they would say "yes, there will be a tour this year...more to come" or "No the band will not tour" I feel like the e-mails sometimes are like a note you pass in class when you were in HS....very vague.... :mrgreen:
    I think the vagueness is meant to whip everyone into a frenzy of excitement. :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • That is like a mini-tweet saying that a tweet is coming. That's all that can be gathered at this time.
    That is like a mini-tweet saying that a tweet is coming. That's all that can be gathered at this time.

Right. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • julia_amentjulia_ament Toronto, Canada Posts: 70
    am I the only one here hoping for a south american tour??

can't go to europe. can't go north.

so, i just keep hoping....
    São Paulo I & II - dec 2 & 3 2005 | São Paulo I & II - nov 3 & 4 2011 | Rio de Janeiro - nov 6 2011 | Ottawa - may 8 2016 | Wrigley I & II - aug 20 & 22 2016 | Seattle I & II - aug 8 & 10 2018 | London I & II - july 8 & 9 2022  | Hamilton - sept 6 2022  | Toronto - sept. 8 2022

"and sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
    a human being that was given to fly
    "
  • CalumCalum Posts: 635
    Come to the UK. You'd be more than welcome back. Otherwise I have to invade USA & once I arrive I really don't want to go back :D
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • PJfiendPJfiend Posts: 13

hehehehe...............

THAT IS OFFICIAL!!!

confirmed...

Lmao!! :lol: Finally someone said what I was thinking!

Btw, I didn't get the email either. :( Glad I made the decision to start hanging out here more often.
    1998 - Los Angeles
    2000 - San Bernardino
    2001 - Bridge School Benefit (nights 1 & 2)
    2003 - Mountain View, Irvine (nights 1 & 2), San Diego & Las Vegas
    2005 - George
    2006 - Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles (nights 1 & 2), George (night 1) & Honolulu
    2009 - Los Angeles (nights 1 thru 4)
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    waiting... watching the clock...
    still not recieved it!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • heidihiheidihi Posts: 114
    No email
    “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    PJfiend wrote:

hehehehe...............

THAT IS OFFICIAL!!!

confirmed...

Lmao!! :lol: Finally someone said what I was thinking!

Btw, I didn't get the email either. :( Glad I made the decision to start hanging out here more often.

:oops:
    well yes...i think it would've been more accurate if i entitled it PJ SHOWS 2009! b/c if they are verifying that at least some of the rumors are actually leaks...then that signifies at least a couple of shows on the horizion. guess i took the 'full year' to mean more than just a handful of shows, but absolutely...pure speculation. either way - YAY! hope i manage to get to a few! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    mrs_vedder wrote:
    mrs_vedder wrote:

Seeing KOL in Philly - how about you?
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)