Options

Sibling Rivaling Stories

2»

Comments

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    LongRd. wrote:
    I'm just surprise by that, usually it's common to see a big ae-gap with siblings in our cultures and countries, but rare in the U.S.

Both my brother and sister are technically half siblings but we grew up together with our mom, so I rarely use the term "half" eventually we have different fathers.

I know, it is usually a 10 year gap or less....I tell you I was a surprise for my mom and dad and my mom had a very high risk pregnancy with me...she was 41 and in 1979 I guess that was rare, unlike today. My Parents are Catholic so having a big family was a big deal, but that sixth child was a big SURPRISE!! :eek:

The ages of all of us are 48, 44, 40, 36, 31 & 28!!!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    I have a twin sister and a sister who is four years younger. We fought about the usual crap, clothes, boys, etc. Honestly, I was pretty darn perfect (really!) ;) and usually the mediator between my twin and little sis. I recall one time my little sis going after my twin with a knife. My twin used to torment my sister until she reached a breaking point, hence the knife incident. Crazy teenage years!

We all get along now!
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    2 of my older sisters and i Were at the beach. Coz they were4&6yrs older then me, they had to watch out for me. We were swimming happily and this big wave came. I decided to go underneath it so i wouldn't get dumped, they decided to go over it. Anyhow they both got dumped and were tangled in it, and i had made it out fine, until, my wrist gets grabbed (looking after me) and i got dragged under. I ended up with sand in orifices I didn't know I had
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    I locked my little brother out in the snow in his pajamas and bare feet :).

he got me back by peeing on my bedroom carpet (I'm not kidding).
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315

what a little shit....LOL
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770

Peeing? LMFAO!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options

lol! oh my god. Maybe I got lucky not having any other little kids around. ;)
  • Options
    lol! oh my god. Maybe I got lucky not having any other little kids around. ;)

omg, I was having a friend sleep over and he just walked in and urinated in the corner. I screamed bloody murder. My parents came rushing up stairs, and of course *I* got in trouble for screaming like that when no one was hurt. My brother did not get in trouble at all, he just stood there snickering.

Little brothers are the WORST type of sibling to have I think. what pains in the asses. especially when you're quite a bit older than them. Now we get along great but I wanted to kill him every day until he went to college.
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    omg, I was having a friend sleep over and he just walked in and urinated in the corner. I screamed bloody murder. My parents came rushing up stairs, and of course *I* got in trouble for screaming like that when no one was hurt. My brother did not get in trouble at all, he just stood there snickering.

Little brothers are the WORST type of sibling to have I think. what pains in the asses. especially when you're quite a bit older than them. Now we get along great but I wanted to kill him every day until he went to college.

Sis is that you? I know she would say the same thing.
    One time I said to my Mom and sister " was I really that bad when we were kids"? ........They both looked at me like I just grew an extra head. My sister goes " Are you kidding me?" They were both speechless. LOL
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Now that I think about it, almost every kid I knew who had an older sister was a little jerk haha. My neighbor was just like that, but I had to hang out with him cuz he was just around all the time.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,114
    It's hilarious reading these stories :D

I have a sister who is 5 years older than me, but we never really fought or did anything that mean/cruel to each other.

I don't remember doing this because I was about 3 or 4, but one time I found a pencil and drew all over her wall, inadvertently getting her in trouble. When it was found out that I was the culprit, I admitted to drawing it and said that I wanted to "make a pretty picture for her".

Only other incident I can remember was when I was about 6 years old. She was working on some note cards for school. Well, when I came inside, I accidentally knocked over the whole stack that was in order and she got angry and stomped back to her room. I followed her because I was going to apologize and offer to help put them back. She got to her room and slammed my hand in the door because she just slammed the door without looking back and knowing how close I was. That cut my right ring finger around the knuckle and jammed the hell out of that finger. She felt bad for doing that though as she didn't mean to hurt me.

That's all I can remember and those are pretty tame compared to everyone else's, mostly because they weren't meant to do harm....
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Let's see. Some of the things my wonderful older sister did to me:

-Told me to urinate in the front yard just as my dad was pulling into the drive.
    -While playing Blindfolded hide and seek she didn't mention to me that I was approaching the stairs and down I went.
    -She pushed me into the corner of her dresser for being in her room which gave me a black eye.

In return I:

-Tried to mow her down with my bike.
    -Picked up my big wheel and swung it at her repeatedly.
    -Ridicule her for cherishing a stuffed animal far too late into life.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Now that I think about it, almost every kid I knew who had an older sister was a little jerk haha. My neighbor was just like that, but I had to hang out with him cuz he was just around all the time.

It's very strange because my little brother was always SUCH a little obnoxious hammy jerk and he was kinda weird to boot. He turned out COMPLETELY NORMAL. He's actually pretty quiet, a very nice guy, smart, and talented. He is like the polar opposite of himself as a child.
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    These stories are hilarious. :)

Oddly enough, this thread makes me wish I'd had siblings closer to my own age. I have a sister and a brother who are 15 and 17 yrs older respectively. I am close to my sister, and she always made a point of being a big part of my life. Growing up, though, she was more like an aunt at times and more like a mom at other times. I feel like I missed out on "siblings", in a way.

You wish it until you get your ass kicked by your sibling with a whiffle ball bat or you have a little mishap like Mookie9999's 'accident' with the stairs.

My sister and I get along much better now that we live 800+ miles away from each other.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.