Options

Dating a Non-Ten Clubber

1235»

Comments

• Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    dunkman wrote:
    my wife isnt a ten-clubber.... i see no issue with this.. if you go on a date and talk about PJ all night then you've got a issue :)

Well put Dunkman, my wife isn't a tenclubber either, in fact she had not even heard of Pearl Jam when i met her ! GASP!!!

She's Mexican and she likes spanish pop music hehe, If you respect each other, and not bombard her with PJall day all night, it should'nt be a problem.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Ponc for sure....and my fave married guy, Mr. Steve Dunne himself!
    jojo wrote:
    oh shit how could i forget Steve Dunne

i swore of married men
    i so don't need that headache

Ya know - now it makes sense why last night I had a woodie while I was snowblowing...it wasn't my ears ringin'!!!! :p:D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Ya know - now it makes sense why last night I had a woodie while I was snowblowing...it wasn't my ears ringin'!!!! :p:D
    :eek:

Remember when I called you the P Diddy of the message pit???? lol
    Some things never change....it is all cyclical
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    :eek:

Remember when I called you the P Diddy of the message pit???? lol
    Some things never change....it is all cyclical

Yea - and remember I retorted by calling you and Meredith my 'bitches' and you guys got all bent out of shape. I love to contort you both. :D
    yes, some things never change!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    You shouldn't have used it to clear the snow from the blower...damn that must have hurt when the blades started spinning again.
    How's your nub?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    You shouldn't have used it to clear the snow from the blower...damn that must have hurt when the blades started spinning again.
    How's your nub?

the nub was not happy!!!

getting back to topic intergity, my wife is a non pj fan. she's not cool.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    the nub was not happy!!!

getting back to topic intergity, my wife is a non pj fan. she's not cool.

But your kids sure are!! :D How's the little man??
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,642
    Well, how was the date? I missed the middle part. Are you going out with him again tonight. Did you leave the p.j. part of you out of the conversation?
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,642
    I'm dating a non clubber too. I showed him a pic of my eye on the Lost Dog album art, but didn't show him it was a p.j. disk. Didn't want to scare the man away, you know? It's been my new experience that this intimidates men.
  • Options
    tish wrote:
    Well, how was the date? I missed the middle part. Are you going out with him again tonight. Did you leave the p.j. part of you out of the conversation?

It didn't work out. Turns out the guy was a shmuck. I'll stick to 10Clubbers, I guess! :D

• Options
    It didn't work out. Turns out the guy was a shmuck. I'll stick to 10Clubbers, I guess! :D

What is a schmuck anyway?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options

I'm not really sure....but I think it's the perfect word to describe him.

As per wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmuck_%28pejorative%29

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

it's yiddish for dick....:D
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    i think it means jerk too..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Yup, then "shmuck" is indeed the perfect word.

• Options
    kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    I think if I had a non-Ten Clubber boyfriend he'd ok with the whole thing...
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • Options
    CorsoCorso so poor I can't afford to comment on the PJ forum Posts: 201
    :-|
  • Options
    How and when is it appropriate to mention the "PJ obsession"?? Should it be brought up straight-away on the first date?...or as a friend offered "laid right out there". Or...as it is potentially "freaky" to some...should it be saved to be discussed after dating for awhile?

It doesn't matter when you break out with it, they will never get it. I say just start right off the bat and get it done with.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I met someone after a Strokes gig, met them pretty far away from the gig and they weren't at the gig.... so anyway obviously music came up... she told me that she wanted to marry Eddie vedder....

ACTUALLY.... before she said the above or, I mentioned Pearl Jam AT ALL.... she told a story... and said something about someone going "Jeremy Spoke In"... now I don't know about you.... but I'm pretty hardcore a fan and I have never said that :o... So Not many people would GET what she said... Anyways needless to say.. we started going out... was pretty bizarre... almost as if i was in The Truman Show and it was a setup :) haha

Same night though, I had travelled far far away from the Strokes gig venue, and I was walking into the door of the pub i frequent (same place I met this woman).. a member of the strokes was in it.... I kid you not... he was walking right toward me as I entered. Strange night indeed. Fun weekend... heh

WHen I told this person i was in the fanclub... they laughed... but they quite enjoyed the tickets!! :D hehe... they actually asked if I was in any other fanclubs.. like Star trek or something! :eek:

<edit> We aren't going out anymore... heh