Options

Gym Etiquette

1235»

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    There was this monsterous dude in there today who was using the "sled" for his legs. The dude had ELEVEN 45's on each side - 990 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not kidding.

I thought about asking him, "Hey dude, I have a building outside that I need for you to pick up and carry across town for me, if you don't mind."

He probably wouldn't find that funny and then I'd end up with my a** kicked.

Still, it would have been funny.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    it would be nice if the gym's class schedule that was listed online was actually the classes the gym had going on..

GRRRRRRRRRRR!
  • Options
    New Years eve attendance is off the charts....holy crap, the people are coming out in droves for their obligatory once a year workouts.

I just wish the saunas were co-ed :(
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    fanch75 wrote:
    There was this monsterous dude in there today who was using the "sled" for his legs. The dude had ELEVEN 45's on each side - 990 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not kidding.

Do you guys have 100lb weights there?I always hate when someone just uses the 45's on the leg press and then there aren't enough for everyone else. That is impressive though to see someone do that much weight.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,814
    LOL I read through this entire thread and laughed my ass off, and barfed a little at the hot tub stories! :eek:

But damn!! My gym rocks the cat's socks compared to the places you guys are going to. What gym do you all belong to??

I belong to Xsport Fitness and they play rock music (heard PJ a bunch of times) and everything is sparkly neat, even during the busy hours. We do have a few of the meat head guys, but even they are pretty decent (a few have offered to help me w/my workout). Towels are always warm, fresh and available and from what I've seen the showers are squeaky clean.

I have to say the only complaint that I have about my gym is that they have recycle bins next to their garbage cans. With all the plastic water bottles people throw out it's a shame they aren't being recycled.

The only other exception is the nudity thing. The other day I saw a very large lady with what looked like Gary Coleman or this between her legs and it frightened me off my routine. Ick. Please ladies, modesty is a blessing to others. :rolleyes:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I have a few as well.

Stop pissing in the showers right at the end of your shower so it sits there for the next guy.. Damn, it's downright nasty.

Shower before getting in to the sauna, who wants to share your body oils and funk?

Stop string at your self in the mirror for 10 minutes in between sets while you sit there hogging up a machine like a slug waiting for the "inspiration" to miraculously kick in

There is such a thing as working in. You don't own the machine until you're done getting around to all your sets out. You just might get to meet someone and enjoy it.

Stop pretending you have tennis balls under your armpits when you walk around.

If your filling a water bottle and someone is behind you just going for a sip in between sets don't fill up the whole bo ttle like a inconsiderate boob.

Keep it quiet and focused....go to a starbucks and cuddle and if you need to bond longer than a few minutes for loud boisterous discussions. Some People gots some work to get done and are rather serious about it ;)

But honestly though stop pissing in the shower, and clean your sweaty a$$ up before occupying up a small hot airspace (sauna) with other people.

That is all.... :D

I have a big problem with people and germs and I have never been inside a GYM, I can't imagine how they must smell!! Sauna? Are you serious? Do you know how many people have been in that same WATER? Yeah they clean it, but come on really! Next you will tell me that you swim in public pools and hot tubs!

Get a bowflex... it's clean, and you are in your own place!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

I live in NYC, a bowflex is BIGGER than my place, so I'll stick to the gym.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I live in NYC, a bowflex is BIGGER than my place, so I'll stick to the gym.

I guess you have a good point there Mookie!!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    I joined a gym in the middle of December and it's not a bad place at all. Not that pretty looking but not a hole in the wall either. Just a place to lift and train. 90% of the guys there are just trying to keep in shape. Some meatheads but a decent place. Alot of Slayer and Pantera music playing most of the days. hehehe :D
  • Options
    Another one from the other night. This one I actually got a kick out of instead of being annoyed. I hear one of the personal trainers yelling out "Oh shit! You took the lead! You're kickin' ass! You're in first! Keep it up!" Then silence for about five minutes, then he started in again. I assumed he was training two at once and was pitting one up against the other (my back was turned to them). When I finished my workout I turned around to see the trainer standing behind one lady on the treadmill with no one else in sight. Now unless there's a computer simulated racer that I've never seen on the treadmill, he was cheering her on in an imaginary race. All I could do was laugh as I passed him. If this is what qualifies for personal training nowadays, I think I'll start doing it on the side for some extra $$$.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Speaking of treadmills, that reminds me of another problem:

The overzealous "floor monitor", or the trainer that has to keep an eye on everyone during the peak hours and make sure you're not hogging the equipment or on the machines more than 30 minutes. I don't mind them yellilng out reminding people of this, but one time I was on a tough run (over 9mph) and was only 16 minutes in and the trainer snuck up behind me and tried to tap my shoulder to tell me about the peak rule. I got startled enough that I nearly fell off the treadmill and would have banged into a machine pretty bad. Totally un-necessary.
    Jw
  • Options
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Speaking of treadmills, that reminds me of another problem:

The overzealous "floor monitor", or the trainer that has to keep an eye on everyone during the peak hours and make sure you're not hogging the equipment or on the machines more than 30 minutes. I don't mind them yellilng out reminding people of this, but one time I was on a tough run (over 9mph) and was only 16 minutes in and the trainer snuck up behind me and tried to tap my shoulder to tell me about the peak rule. I got startled enough that I nearly fell off the treadmill and would have banged into a machine pretty bad. Totally un-necessary.
    Jw

For whatever reason there is no time limit on the treadmills at my gym. I would have told the monitor to go f himself if he did that shit to me. I also hate it when they try to sell their goods when I'm in the middle of a run. Stop me while I'm walking around or in between sets, but not in a sprint.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    I have a big problem with people and germs and I have never been inside a GYM, I can't imagine how they must smell!! Sauna? Are you serious? Do you know how many people have been in that same WATER? Yeah they clean it, but come on really! Next you will tell me that you swim in public pools and hot tubs!

I find I put a lot more effort into it when I have to go out somewhere, and make it an event. It also feels better as a commitment for me as well.

I pretty ok with germs for the most part, the only thing I make sure to do is wash my hands well before commencing my shower and handling the goods. :D

After a couple of bad experiences, I'm sworn off hot tubs. I did find my skin was unusually soft by frequenting the jizzy one...haha j/k

I'll be installing an outdoor hot tub into my back deck this summer, the deck is raised so it will be a nice fit, so I'm kinda looking forward to having that to relax in. I hope I don't clog up my own filter....lol

Just say no to public hot tubs! :D
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I did find my skin was unusually soft by frequenting the jizzy one...haha j/k

I'll be installing an outdoor hot tub into my back deck this summer, the deck is raised so it will be a nice fit, so I'm kinda looking forward to having that to relax in. I hope I don't clog up my own filter....lol
    This was grossly hilarious.
    Good call on the deck-tub. My buddy had one in his raised deck, good setup.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756

Well, a sauna does not require one to sit in water....so, his only fear would be breathing in someone eles's used up oxygen...
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away