Options

AET Secret Santa 2007!

Comments

• Options
    Will whoever has me in the secret santa please PM me as i have decided to give up my place in favour of Earthgirl after seeing how disappointed she was at not making it into this years fun!

If you PM me i will send you her details.

Obviously (and i dont even know why im typing this) dont reply to this thread as it will ruin said "secret santa" idea!!! Told you it was obvious.......
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Will whoever has me in the secret santa please PM me as i have decided to give up my place in favour of Earthgirl after seeing how disappointed she was at not making it into this years fun!

Obviously (and i dont even know why im typing this) dont reply to this thread as it will ruin said "secret santa" idea!!! Told you it was obvious.......

awww you are so very sweet and kind and loving. I am so happy now. Thank you so very much.
  • Options

What a nice thing to do.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    awww you are so very sweet and kind and loving. I am so happy now. Thank you so very much.

Yep, ive gotta agree with the above sentiments, i sure am ;) ha ha
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

thats a shame... i'd got you a FM2008 t-shirt and mousemat :(

nevermind... i'll keep it ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    thats a shame... i'd got you a FM2008 t-shirt and mousemat :(

nevermind... i'll keep it ;)

Oooooh you tease, how am i gonna concentrate in work now with thoughts of a t-shirt like that floating around my head, mmmm now that would be the ultimate present!
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    All done...

I just went to the Post Office and sent my gift. BUT..... I had to write my name and address, the contents and the value of the gift on the box...:confused: :eek:

Well....I guess Santa's not so secret after all......:(
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    All done...

I just went to the Post Office and sent my gift. BUT..... I had to write my name and address, the contents and the value of the gift on the box...:confused: :eek:

it is kinda secret... i.e. i dont know your real name or where you live... so i cant match that to your username... ok i just read you're in coventry birmingham... change that to "hades" or something :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    All done...

I just went to the Post Office and sent my gift. BUT..... I had to write my name and address, the contents and the value of the gift on the box...

:eek: well I DID say that pretty much everyone was figured out last year anyway... so if anyone's planning on getting something shite, let this be a warning to ya :p and postmarks can also be a dead giveaway :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    :eek: well I DID say that pretty much everyone was figured out last year anyway... so if anyone's planning on getting something shite, let this be a warning to ya :p and postmarks can also be a dead giveaway :o

Good job my pressies pretty cool :cool:

Well....I liked it.....:)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Good job my pressies pretty cool :cool:

Well....I liked it.....:)
    :D pity ya didn't get your own name then :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I'd better get me finger out or dunk will be giving out again this year ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    All done...

Well....I guess Santa's not so secret after all......: (

suppose it's better that the person getting your gift knows your addresse than the post having no return addy in case something gets messed up.. :o
    I didn't like doing that last year though anyway, but the receiver can always decide not to look at what you've written. :) that's what I did.

and WOO! I'm 99% done with my shopping! :D I knew wondering about would do the trick!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    I am half way there with mine, just need to figure out the other half now.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    suppose it's better that the person getting your gift knows your addresse than the post having no return addy in case something gets messed up.. :o
    I didn't like doing that last year though anyway, but the receiver can always decide not to look at what you've written. :) that's what I did.

and WOO! I'm 99% done with my shopping! :D I knew wondering about would do the trick!
    Oh, I don't mind the person having my address.

I just think the secrecy is part of the fun. And I know I'll be looking for clues to who sent mine...:o

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    :) I now know what I'm getting... woooooooooooooooo! :) just have to go get it then so :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    ack! i can't get mine quite right.... this is harder than i thought it would be! :o
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I just think the secrecy is part of the fun. And I know I'll be looking for clues to who sent mine...:o

it is, but like dunky (I think?) already said, they most likely can't link your real name to your screen one. which is dead easy on my case.. :o

hahaha, trying to figure out the sender is definitely a part of the fun too! some Santas tell who they are pretty clearly too but that's fine too. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    ack! i can't get mine quite right.... this is harder than i thought it would be! :o
    :o I know... well I can think of stuff... but it's hard to be inventive. I know some people here are really good at coming up with novelty stuff that's anything but tacky... I'd like to be able to do that :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    i had to put my name and address on a parcel 2 years ago... i just put a made up name on the parcel i think?

Lord Fluffymuffin
    Castle McBigballs
    Scotland.

she still guessed it was from me... :confused:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i had to put my name and address on a parcel 2 years ago... i just put a made up name on the parcel i think?

Lord Fluffymuffin
    Castle McBigballs
    Scotland.

she still guessed it was from me... :confused:

I wonder how she guessed that :rolleyes:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    I wonder how she guessed that :rolleyes:

castle mcbigballs gave it away i think.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Oh, I don't mind the person having my address.

Ahh! We are supposed to leave clues? What kind of clues? I've never interacted with this person, so I have a feeling this person will not figure out that I am the sender. I haven't mailed it yet, but I thought when we opened the pressie the sender revealed themselves via a card or return address label. I guess I can make up a fake name. :p

What type of clues do we give?
  • Options
    :o I know... well I can think of stuff... but it's hard to be inventive. I know some people here are really good at coming up with novelty stuff that's anything but tacky... I'd like to be able to do that :o

That's what I was struggling with. Sometimes there is a fine line between funny and tacky; or more realistically, what I find funny, people may find tacky. :p
  • Options
    Ahh! We are supposed to leave clues? What kind of clues? I've never interacted with this person, so I have a feeling this person will not figure out that I am the sender. I haven't mailed it yet, but I thought when we opened the pressie the sender revealed themselves via a card or return address label. I guess I can make up a fake name. :p

It's up to you Jen, you can id yourself, or you can leave clues, or you can choose not to id yourself at all... chances are in the long run though that people figure out who has who anyway
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

I think I've pretty much finished the gift yesterday, and I just 'hid' my username somewhere in the whole thing.
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Options
    I think I've pretty much finished the gift yesterday, and I just 'hid' my username somewhere in the whole thing.

hmmm....good idea....alright, I've got to put on my thinking cap as it is time to be crafty. ;)
  • Options
    done. :) my gifts are at the ready. :D i LOVE all this, so fun! i will probably post em friday or saturday, only days i have before the deadline to get em out.

it does suck that we must add our name/addy/contents/value for international parcels - IF you are a santa for someone abroad that is - but last year when i received mine, i simply did not look at the customs page. afterwards sure, but for the initial opening...i made sure to disregard it.

ya think perhaps we should set a date to ALL OPEN our secret santas together? that could be kinda fun, a real frenzy of opening and then posting. just a thought. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    ya think perhaps we should set a date to ALL OPEN our secret santas together? that could be kinda fun, a real frenzy of opening and then posting. just a thought. :p

Or.............somebody could start a "Recieved" thread and we can post if we thought our gifts were cool or not and who we think sent it, just like last year.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    even flow? wrote:
    Or.............somebody could start a "Recieved" thread and we can post if we thought our gifts were cool or not and who we think sent it, just like last year.

So much pressure, what if my reciever thinks their presents suck :(

Notice presents is plural, I've decided to spoil my reciever just in case one or two of the gifts do suck in their opinion.....I can barely take the pressure. Just wrapping and sending and hoping for the best!
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.