Options

coke?

Comments

• Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    They give out about the gangs and the killings and everything else but they don't make the connection cos they get their drugs usually off a friend, the line from import to the pub/party seems a LONG one. It's just so simple.

exactly! thats the difference i see between drugs and alcohol (someone posted something about that to one of your comments earlier i think). sure they have similar bad or annoying affects on a direct level, but that people fail to see bigger picture. (the sources of the drugs and where their money is going!)

at least with alcohol its a social and somewhat regulated issue. but the drugs thing is not regulated and the detrimental effect it has much more overwhelming between the fact that theyre almost as easily found as alcohol, and the money spent by the state policing the stuff.
  • Options
    To each their own... I've been known to bump socially...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    JordyWordy wrote:
    exactly! thats the difference i see between drugs and alcohol (someone posted something about that to one of your comments earlier i think). sure they have similar bad or annoying affects on a direct level, but that people fail to see bigger picture. (the sources of the drugs and where their money is going!)

at least with alcohol its a social and somewhat regulated issue. but the drugs thing is not regulated and the detrimental effect it has much more overwhelming between the fact that theyre almost as easily found as alcohol, and the money spent by the state policing the stuff.
    so, do you think if drugs were legal... it would be better? since the things you describe have to do with them being illegal and alcohol being legal.
  • Options
    doezdoez Posts: 9
    i like diet coke

Adderall??
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    so, do you think if drugs were legal... it would be better? since the things you describe have to do with them being illegal and alcohol being legal.

Hell yes it would be better, people with actual drug addictions would get the treatment they need rather than be thrown in prison.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I've snorted coke before on numerous occasions, and I've tried crack.
    Coke never did anything for me other than make me puke endlessly the next day.
    The only drug I reckon is any good is ecstasy.
    Although beer's my drug of choice.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've snorted coke before on numerous occasions, and I've tried crack.

I'm not being judgmental, just curious, what possessed you to try crack. Most other drugs I can understand as they are often glamorized and associated with a party culture.
    But, to me at least, crack is reserved for those who are truly down and out. The indigent addicts who have removed themselves from society and lost all hope to recover. It is something that isn't done for enjoyment but because the body physically needs to have some sort of substance in it. I view meth with the same regard. Maybe it's just me but from all I've heard about these drugs, this is the impression that I get.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    I think that is worth looking into. If drugs were regulated and you could buy them from a proper source and KNOW what you're getting they'd be less dangerous... but then SURELY you can't legalise the likes of heroin? So I just don't know. Also, I guess if it wasn't drugs, the gangs would be involved in something else with clueless people funding them. I think people just need to be more socially aware in GENERAL, not just with drugs... but actually think about where their money's going before they spend it. With the likes of drugs, the money tends to do the most harm. I admit I'm not even all THAT socially aware, but anything I am aware of I avoid sending my money to if at all possible.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I'm not being judgmental, just curious, what possessed you to try crack. Most other drugs I can understand as they are often glamorized and associated with a party culture.
    But, to me at least, crack is reserved for those who are truly down and out. The indigent addicts who have removed themselves from society and lost all hope to recover. It is something that isn't done for enjoyment but because the body physically needs to have some sort of substance in it. I view meth with the same regard. Maybe it's just me but from all I've heard about these drugs, this is the impression that I get.

I wasn't down and out, just drunk, and stoned. A friend got hold of some and so I smoked a load of it. I was high as a kite and then went out on a first date with a girl that I'd only recently met.
    As you can imagine, the date didn't go too well. And I spent most of the next day doing the big spit.
    It was some high though - much more so than coke. I really did feel myself flying - so to speak - on the stuff.
    I've not tried it again though. I wouldn't wanna go down that road.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    As itchy andd scratchie once said: 'Kids Say No To Drugs'
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Hell yes it would be better, people with actual drug addictions would get the treatment they need rather than be thrown in prison.
    i think they should be legal as well... for several reasons... but thats a whole other issue so i wont dive into that now.
  • Options
    I think people just need to be more socially aware in GENERAL, not just with drugs... but actually think about where their money's going before they spend it.
    socially aware how? not sure what you mean by this.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    xscorcho wrote:

that wasnt what i was trying to say but i definitely think a more Dutch approach would help for certain drugs. Not for Heroin though. i dont think any person should be able to have access to it.

What i meant was that the amount of money spent by regular Joes and Janes in on drugs is huge. Would they buy alcohol as readily from an illegal bootlegger? (i know bars are easy to find but stick with me here)
    The main issues you'd have in that scenario is (1) the quality or risk of contamination in the product. You literally have no way of knowing whats in it whatsoever.

and (2) you are handing money over to criminals. Seeing as currently its illegal, why doesnt that bother people as much as i seem to think it should? You give money to gangland scum that shoot people, firebomb houses, and you're fucking paying for it by buying drugs. it just makes no sense to me....
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    socially aware how? not sure what you mean by this.
    Ok well, imagine your local shop hires kids and makes them do hard labour and pays them fuck all... or imagine your local shop was being run by terrorists... would you give them your money?

It's pretty much exactly the same as buying products made by companies which fund actions you're morally against. Just cos the kid may be, oh say Taiwanese, as opposed to Irish doesn't make it any less wrong! Do ya see where I'm coming from?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ok well, imagine your local shop hires kids and makes them do hard labour and pays them fuck all... or imagine your local shop was being run by terrorists... would you give them your money?

It's pretty much exactly the same as buying products made by companies which fund actions you're morally against. Just cos the kid may be, oh say Taiwanese, as opposed to Irish doesn't make it any less wrong! Do ya see where I'm coming from?

well.... im not so sure that knowing about these things will change anything... for example.... people who may oppose sweatshops in other countries still buy clothes made there....
  • Options
    Never been an illegal drug user at all, but I just cannot see the benefit for the life of me.

Helen, I haven't been around many people doing coke much, but it sounds pretty much like how I got so sick of being around potheads in college. They were just so annoying ALL THE TIME! just no fun to hang with!

I read the Slash autobiography a few weeks ago, and the whole time I was just like damn, drugs suck ass.
  • Options
    Anyone take? If so, why? Don't you realise you turn into an unbearable prick with absolutely nothing interesting to say whatsoever? Hope the high is worth losing friends over!

It's not that it pisses me off... but I have certain friends who, when I go out, take it with other friends. I don't mind people doing whatever they want but when they talk pure and annoying shite for hours on end there's only so much I can put up with.

I've never tried it so I don't know. It's hitting the headlines at the moment cos there's an Irish model who admitted a couple of weeks ago to having taken it and she spoke out against it and how it ruins lives. At the weekend she collapsed with a heart attack at a friends party and is in a coma at the moment... I don't know if the two are related but it's strange for an otherwise healthy 24 year old to have a heart attack :confused:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/model-katy-still-fighting-for-her-life-1236234.html?start=2

I'm in the same situation with some of my friends. I was actually going to start a thread about it here but didnt, so i'm glad you did. What i hate the most about it is that they are secretive about it. I mean, if they claim theyre being responsible and safe then why hide it?

I really don't give a fuck what people take into their own bodies, it's their choice and none of my business. They know i feel that way but now it's got to the point where theyre doing it in groups and leaving me out because i'd rather drink and be obnoxious like we always used to do.

There's a hateful 'upper' drug phase going on in the UK - take coke or X and dance to shit music and i'll never have anything to do with it even if it means losing friends.
  • Options
    Update to Helen's original post...:(

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1206/frenchk.html?rss
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    one of my best friends in high school got hooked on coke by her dad. we were freshmen. she kicked it around our junior year and a few years later she was living with her dad (after a few turns of bad luck) and he said she was a quitter and tried getting her to pick it up again. she moved in with an exboyfriend the next day.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Lamest drug ever. Expensive as hell, the high doesn't last nearly long enough, redonkulously addictive and a harsh come down.

There is just no value in taking cocaine.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    one of my best friends in high school got hooked on coke by her dad. we were freshmen. she kicked it around our junior year and a few years later she was living with her dad (after a few turns of bad luck) and he said she was a quitter and tried getting her to pick it up again. she moved in with an exboyfriend the next day.

Sounds like parent of the year material there!!! :rolleyes:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options

People usually get into meth because it becomes regarded as the 'convenient drug'. I have a friend who is a counseler for teenagers on meth and they usually get into it because of its relative inexpensiveness, and because they can make it themselves if they really wanted to. Also, a major reason behind people who start meth is because they're bored, and they find that there's nothing better to do, which is why it is very popular in backwoods or very low income areas where there's just not a lot of social culture or development.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    It doesn't sound like it's much fun to hang out with your friends with their friends (if they're all on coke). If I were the only person not doing coke and I didn't find it much fun to be around everyone else who was, I'd hang out with a different group of friends or find something else to do that night, but that's just me.

Not to say that people don't do drugs in other environments, as well. About 10 years, I went to a carnival with twyo of my friends who were on ecstasy. That was super fun. Or there was that time a couple of my friends did shrooms before we went to a bar to watch the hockey game. All night, my friends were paranoid about everyone looking and pointing at them. There was a t.v. above our table.

sorry for pionting.
  • Options
    Never could be addicted to the drug, but used to have a problem saying no when it was in my face. The down was always more intense than the high. the best times were with one line in the course of partying and that being it. I've done more than my share over the last 11 years, but now I don't think I'll have any problem saying no. It kinda steals your soul for awhile then gives it back to you f-ed up, while you wish you could just return to normal. And Meth is even less attractive to me, never will understand why people like it. Its like all the negative of coke with no high. Anyway, the hard drugs are not worth it, if anyone is wondering.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    Never could be addicted to the drug, but used to have a problem saying no when it was in my face. The down was always more intense than the high. the best times were with one line in the course of partying and that being it. I've done more than my share over the last 11 years, but now I don't think I'll have any problem saying no. It kinda steals your soul for awhile then gives it back to you f-ed up, while you wish you could just return to normal. And Meth is even less attractive to me, never will understand why people like it. Its like all the negative of coke with no high. Anyway, the hard drugs are not worth it, if anyone is wondering.

This is well said...
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    well.... im not so sure that knowing about these things will change anything... for example.... people who may oppose sweatshops in other countries still buy clothes made there....
    But isn't that what i'm saying... that we SHOULD be more socially aware and refuse to put money into the hands of the very people who disgust us. I know most people don't give a shit... but if there was a kid shot dead in front of them, they'd be outraged... yet there are kids dying all the time as a result of our ignorance and turning a blind eye and yet we don't care?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    sj.brodie wrote:
    I'm in the same situation with some of my friends. I was actually going to start a thread about it here but didnt, so i'm glad you did. What i hate the most about it is that they are secretive about it. I mean, if they claim theyre being responsible and safe then why hide it?

I really don't give a fuck what people take into their own bodies, it's their choice and none of my business. They know i feel that way but now it's got to the point where theyre doing it in groups and leaving me out because i'd rather drink and be obnoxious like we always used to do.

There's a hateful 'upper' drug phase going on in the UK - take coke or X and dance to shit music and i'll never have anything to do with it even if it means losing friends.
    Yep, what's wrong with good ol fashioned getting hammered? :o I don't understand why people feel the need to push the boundaries... sure I can understand with life, changing things around a bit... but regarding putting chemicals into your body, especially when you've no idea what exactly you're sticking up your nose... :eek: it makes NO sense whatsoever. Especially if all it does is turn you into a prick and you lose friends over it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Update to Helen's original post...:(

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1206/frenchk.html?rss
    Yep, it's very very sad :( for those of you not bothered to read, the 24 year old model died yesterday :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i prefer Pepsi
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    Yep, it's very very sad :( for those of you not bothered to read, the 24 year old model died yesterday :(
    Heard it on the news last night, it's just tragic. I didn't know that they'd induced a coma to prevent potential brain damage from the heart attacks.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı