coke?

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone take? If so, why? Don't you realise you turn into an unbearable prick with absolutely nothing interesting to say whatsoever? Hope the high is worth losing friends over!

It's not that it pisses me off... but I have certain friends who, when I go out, take it with other friends. I don't mind people doing whatever they want but when they talk pure and annoying shite for hours on end there's only so much I can put up with.

I've never tried it so I don't know. It's hitting the headlines at the moment cos there's an Irish model who admitted a couple of weeks ago to having taken it and she spoke out against it and how it ruins lives. At the weekend she collapsed with a heart attack at a friends party and is in a coma at the moment... I don't know if the two are related but it's strange for an otherwise healthy 24 year old to have a heart attack :confused:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/model-katy-still-fighting-for-her-life-1236234.html?start=2
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    It dosen't surprise me that a 24 yr old could have a heart attack. God only knows that the speed of coke would be tamed down with something else and then add booze and maybe another drug or two and your heart dosen't know what to do.

When you are around people on coke you can only hear the same story over, and over, and over again.

The Eagle had it right with the line: "doctor says he's comin' but you better carry cash". Nothing and I mean nothing like seeing people run out of the stuff at about 3am and start looking and making calls for more.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • I wonder how many people will admit to this one? :rolleyes:
    NERDS!
  • Anyone take? If so, why? Don't you realise you turn into an unbearable prick with absolutely nothing interesting to say whatsoever? Hope the high is worth losing friends over!

It's not that it pisses me off... but I have certain friends who, when I go out, take it with other friends. I don't mind people doing whatever they want but when they talk pure and annoying shite for hours on end there's only so much I can put up with.

I've never tried it so I don't know. It's hitting the headlines at the moment cos there's an Irish model who admitted a couple of weeks ago to having taken it and she spoke out against it and how it ruins lives. At the weekend she collapsed with a heart attack at a friends party and is in a coma at the moment... I don't know if the two are related but it's strange for an otherwise healthy 24 year old to have a heart attack :confused:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=239412366&p=z394y3x7z

I get really annoyed when my friends do that and talk about life until noon the next morning and repeat themselves 100 times but I will admit that it makes partying more fun...and you can drink until the sun goes down again the next night... that 24 year old model was probably an extremely small woman who did a whole bunch or something... i know a LOT of people who have done that and not one has had even a real side effect let alone be in a coma!
  • I wonder how many people will admit to this one? :rolleyes:
    why wouldn't they though? I can tell from nights out that I'm in the MINORITY in my age group... it's amazing how many people take it and can get their hands on it. I would guess that it's more common than cannabis now... and that's saying a LOT considering most of the people I know smoke.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I get really annoyed when my friends do that and talk about life until noon the next morning and repeat themselves 100 times but I will admit that it makes partying more fun...and you can drink until the sun goes down again the next night... that 24 year old model was probably an extremely small woman who did a whole bunch or something... i know a LOT of people who have done that and not one has had even a real side effect let alone be in a coma!
    But I can party until the sun goes down again the next night WITHOUT having to snort some shit... ok usually alcohol helps BUT if you need something to stay up til the next night, maybe you're better off just going to bed cos you're fooling your body into thinking it can cope. I genuinely don't know if the two are related, it's just cos it's all over the paper that I started the thread... she had said a few weeks ago that she doesn't touch it anymore anyway and she was speaking out against it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    ive never tried it... if i was gonna do something id go for heroin.... or the hallucinogens
  • even flow? wrote:
    It dosen't surprise me that a 24 yr old could have a heart attack. God only knows that the speed of coke would be tamed down with something else and then add booze and maybe another drug or two and your heart dosen't know what to do.

When you are around people on coke you can only hear the same story over, and over, and over again.

The Eagle had it right with the line: "doctor says he's comin' but you better carry cash". Nothing and I mean nothing like seeing people run out of the stuff at about 3am and start looking and making calls for more.
    :D absolutely... that's quite funny actually.

Apparently though there are a huge number of deaths from the drug which go unreported in the media, more than you could imagine. A coroner spoke out about it a couple of months ago.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • xscorcho wrote:
    ive never tried it... if i was gonna do something id go for heroin.... or the hallucinogens
    :eek: heroin? Ya serious? Have you seen night of the living dead? That's what certain parts of dublin can be like. I understand that it's kinda glamourised a bit over there from previous threads? It's far from glamourised here... it's just a total waste of a life I think whenever I see a junkie :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • why wouldn't they though? I can tell from nights out that I'm in the MINORITY in my age group... it's amazing how many people take it and can get their hands on it. I would guess that it's more common than cannabis now... and that's saying a LOT considering most of the people I know smoke.

I wouldn't say that it is more common than cannabis by a long shot. At least where I'm at. It's definitely used by the more affluent crowd, since it is not cheap. People definitely use it, but I only see it on rare occasions such as holidays, bachelor parties, vegas trips and stuff.
    NERDS!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I've never tried it so I don't know.

aye, there's the rub. you don't like it, don't hang out with people doing it.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Me no take now but me hath taken. Smoking it was more to my liking.

Guess for some it's a major high, very popular nowadays it is, I preffered pills & skunk on the come-down.
    Seems cocaine has attained a glamour for some time now, 'the rich-mans drug' tag, goodfellas and all that, it lures them in. Its ubiquity has maybe to do with the upsurge in youth violence that seems to constanly be over the news.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    why wouldn't they though? I can tell from nights out that I'm in the MINORITY in my age group... it's amazing how many people take it and can get their hands on it. I would guess that it's more common than cannabis now... and that's saying a LOT considering most of the people I know smoke.

seriously? i couldn't find a joint to save my damn life the entire summer i was in ireland...
  • I wouldn't say that it is more common than cannabis by a long shot. At least where I'm at. It's definitely used by the more affluent crowd, since it is not cheap. People definitely use it, but I only see it on rare occasions such as holidays, bachelor parties, vegas trips and stuff.
    It must be different over here... it hits the headlines quite often cos it's amongst all classes here... started off as the yuppy drug so then wannabe yuppies started getting their hands on it and now there are wannabe wannabes. It just seems to be all around and somebody wrote a book recently where she said one of our TD's (MP) was using and traces of it have been found in the Dail (our house of parliament) and ALL classes of people use it. It's still pretty expensive... 100euro for a few lines but this is the celtic tiger generation :rolleyes: more money than sense.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Toss in all the nice stuff that coke is cut with along the dealing line and you end up with speed most of the time anyway. Coke is probably only about 50% by the time it leaves Columbia. ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • I have no problem admitting this if it will help someone.
    Dude, Coke is bad news. Bad bad news.
    I have seen many people get screwed up over that shit, myself included. My friends and I used to play with it for years when we were younger. Thank god I wised up and learned from my experience without any serious problems or rehab.
    It does not effect you physically but it sure does mentally.
    And those late nights thinking about it, and making phone calls SUCK! You start hanging around people you never thought you would hang with just b/c of that garbage.
    You feel like a piece of shit when the sun comes up and the birds are chirping.
    Iew......Bad time in my life.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • aye, there's the rub. you don't like it, don't hang out with people doing it.
    That's kinda impossible. Most of my friends DON'T but I have a couple who do... and if they're going out with people where I know it's likely they'll be taking, I simply stop going out with them. They don't take when it's just two of us.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • seriously? i couldn't find a joint to save my damn life the entire summer i was in ireland...
    You obviously didn't speak to ANYBODY? :eek:

Seriously... pretty much everyone my age smoke... ALL of my good friends smoke at least one a day... a few of them smoke them like cigarettes. Next time you're here, bring up the subject, chances are they smoke... if not regularly at least the odd time.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • It must be different over here... it hits the headlines quite often cos it's amongst all classes here... started off as the yuppy drug so then wannabe yuppies started getting their hands on it and now there are wannabe wannabes. It just seems to be all around and somebody wrote a book recently where she said one of our TD's (MP) was using and traces of it have been found in the Dail (our house of parliament) and ALL classes of people use it. It's still pretty expensive... 100euro for a few lines but this is the celtic tiger generation :rolleyes: more money than sense.

In the US the poor people use Meth, which is a Major problem. Unless you want to look like this: http://www.independencesheriff.org/images/DARE_images/FacesofMethTheresa.jpg
    NERDS!
  • elmer wrote:
    Me no take now but me hath taken. Smoking it was more to my liking.

Guess for some it's a major high, very popular nowadays it is, I preffered pills & skunk on the come-down.
    Seems cocaine has attained a glamour for some time now, 'the rich-mans drug' tag, goodfellas and all that, it lures them in. Its ubiquity has maybe to do with the upsurge in youth violence that seems to constanly be over the news.
    you reckon? That's interesting!

But yep, the main kinda people IMO who tend to take it seem to be those who read celeb magazines and do what the in thing seems to be.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I have no problem admitting this if it will help someone.
    Thank you :o and I'm sorry to hear about all that.

And those who think it's glamourous because of films like goodfellas, etc. obviously didn't watch the film too closely :o

(not a swipe at you soulsinging, i understand that once something is common in films especially with gangsters, it's kinda considered glamourous)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • In the US the poor people use Meth, which is a Major problem. Unless you want to look like this: http://www.independencesheriff.org/images/DARE_images/FacesofMethTheresa.jpg
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    It's still pretty expensive... 100euro for a few lines but this is the celtic tiger generation :rolleyes: more money than sense.
    that is fuckin expensive. by a few lines y'mean a gram probably, it's £40approx over here. Like most will need some serious pecuniary resources to deal with an addiction at those prices.
    I never paid anything when tried it, if offered I would decline nowadays.
  • elmer wrote:
    that is fuckin expensive. by a few lines y'mean a gram probably, it's £40approx over here. Like most will need some serious pecuniary resources to deal with an addiction at those prices.
    I never paid anything when tried it, if offered I would decline nowadays.
    Maybe a gram :o measurements mean absolutely nothing to me :o under any circumstances... pint's are the only kinda measurements I understand.

I've been offered every kinda drug at some stage of my life and I've never been tempted. I get carried away with everything else I try so I'm glad I've never gone down that route. Ah I've smoked the very very very odd time but that's as far as it went. I smoked heroin once without knowing... never ever again.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Coke is available alot around Milwaukee and I'm sure just a phone call away. I've never asked for it. I agree its a different type of crowd that does it. But I was at a wedding 5 or 6 yrs ago and tried it. It was a interesting experience to do once. I would never do it again so I just stay with smoking. :)
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    thats the devil's drug bad news
  • http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1254875,00.html

anyone interested in heroin should read about that girl... she's one of the few lucky ones.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Bricklayers down the pub on a Friday night + coke = fucking mayhem.
  • I can tell from nights out that I'm in the MINORITY in my age group... it's amazing how many people take it and can get their hands on it. I would guess that it's more common than cannabis now... and that's saying a LOT considering most of the people I know smoke.
    None of my friends do coke. Most of my friends smoke pot. In the past, I've had some friends who have done coke (none of my close friends), but they were definitely in the minority and rarely did it in our company. They went through a hard partying phase straight out of high school, doing everything that was put in front of them. They're back to beer and pot like the majority of the population.

If you live in the city, just about any drug is a phone call away.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • None of my friends do coke. Most of my friends smoke pot. In the past, I've had some friends who have done coke (none of my close friends), but they were definitely in the minority and rarely did it in our company. They went through a hard partying phase straight out of high school, doing everything that was put in front of them. They're back to beer and pot like the majority of the population.

If you live in the city, just about any drug is a phone call away.
    well I don't mean the friends I'm talking about are addicts or even daily users... I mean they'd get their hands on some maybe once a month 'as a treat' or something. I'm generally not talking about the people who have a serious problem... but the people who don't have a problem YET but seem to think it's fun and cool :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1254875,00.html

anyone interested in heroin should read about that girl... she's one of the few lucky ones.

holy crap @ the picture of that sore/wound on her arm from injecting.

When you screw excessively with the dopamine receptors in your brain you are asking for serious long term consequences. It literally kills the person you used to be. Happiness can become a struggle, and depressive moods commonplace.

Even pot or alcohol isn't so great to consume a lot of. I find the better shape I'm in physically the more of a high I get being straight. Cocaine is really bad news. Great for the first while, but when the gloss fades it's a very ugly reality.

Coke and meth can literally make you insane. It's bad. That is the destination with these drugs; brain damage (psychological) that takes several years to heal from if/once you can kick the habit.

I've seen some pretty sad cases.

Then there's this vid. Can you imagine what's going on inside to actually show that bad on the outside? (frightening)
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/109486/faces_of_meth/
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")