After seeing Into the Wild will anyone pull a Chris Mccandless?

124»

Comments

• gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    i think when i do go, i couldn't allow my family to not know i was okay. i guess im fortunate that in my case all the conflict i feel is from within me. and tis very difficult to walk away from oneself. but i think its time for a major shakeup.

The outback? Or rubber tramping?

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    gue_barium wrote:
    The outback? Or rubber tramping?

canada. or an equivalent cool(in temperature) place. or mexico. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    the scene where tracy and alex sang angel from montgomery i swear i wept. tis one of my fave songs.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    the scene where tracy and alex sang angel from montgomery i swear i wept. tis one of my fave songs.

That was pretty cool. If you think of that whole scene, leading up to that performance they had together, as sweet as it was, I think this is where I certainly would have made a different choice than Mr. Supertramp earlier on.

If you know what I mean. ;)

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    gue_barium wrote:
    That was pretty cool. If you think of that whole scene, leading up to that performance they had together, as sweet as it was, I think this is where I certainly would have made a different choice than Mr. Supertramp earlier on.

yeah i know what you mean. :)

but i get the feeling to do that wouldve brought on a whole mass of complicated feelings for alex. the last thing he wanted was encumberences.

someone suggested to me that vancouver island might be the place to go.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    yeah i know what you mean. :)

but i get the feeling to do that wouldve brought on a whole mass of complicated feelings for alex. the last thing he wanted was encumberences.

someone suggested to me that vancouver island might be the place to go.

Maybe that was his problem.
    Love shouldn't be an encumbrance.

• No, but I am going to the Sierra Mountains next week. But we will have a house and there will be a group of us. I’m looking forward to seeing the wilderness in all its beauty but we will be fully prepared.

What Chris did was foolish. A very sad story indeed.

If you want to kick it up a notch ...don't bring food.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    If you want to kick it up a notch ...don't bring food.

No kidding.

I can't stand these fucks talking about what a fool this young, intelligent man was.

Pussies. All of them.

• rather nice website http://www.intothewild.com/
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • gue_barium wrote:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the movie. I was just looking at Kristen Stewart's (Tracy) IMDB page and found out she was born in 1990!

I hate it when people younger than me are much more successful and richer than I will ever become.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the movie. I was just looking at Kristen Stewart's (Tracy) IMDB page and found out she was born in 1990!

I hate it when people younger than me are much more successful and richer than I will ever become.

Ohhh. You trolled me.
    You seemed to have missed the point, rather conveniently.