September Weight Loss Challenge

_Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
edited August 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Open to anybody who would like to lose a few pounds. It always helps if you know somebody else trying to get in shape!
Here's how it'll work:
On September 1st, post your starting weight and your goal weight for the month. Then on the 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th come back and post your current weight for those dates. If you can't post on those dates, no worries, post as close as you can.

I don't know what I weigh right now, but I have gained a few pounds this month and I'd like to lose 6 lbs. in September. I also want to get back into working out, I've been a complete slacker the month of August.
I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I'd like to stay the same weight....or wouldn't mind gaining a little....but I want to be 50% more "fit".

How do I measure that?

:p
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    my weight: too much

my goal: lose some
  • The 29th of this month is officially one year for me of regular weight training with a clean diet.

I've decided to put on a good 20 lbs of muscle this year. Next summer I'll have ample ammunition to cut up again with.

it's for life now.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I don't know what I weigh right now, but I have gained a few pounds this month and I'd like to lose 6 lbs. in September. I also want to get back into working out, I've been a complete slacker the month of August.

Me, too. I moved at the beginning of this month, so I haven't found a gym yet. There is one within walking distance, and September is my month to rawk back into shape!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Open to anybody who would like to lose a few pounds. It always helps if you know somebody else trying to get in shape!
    Here's how it'll work:
    On September 1st, post your starting weight and your goal weight for the month. Then on the 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th come back and post your current weight for those dates. If you can't post on those dates, no worries, post as close as you can..

I'm up to the challenge...gotta lose a crapload of tonnage for my Dec trip to Hawai'i...like 60 pounds by Christmas...is that even possible? I gotta start walking everyday at work...and maybe some yogging, too.... Can't post on Sept 1 as I will be whooping it up in Seattle!! Yay...will post when I get back.. Cheers, everyone -- and good luck!
    be philanthropic
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I'm ready to do this too, but I'm gonna have to lie about my starting weight. ;)
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,327
    Public accountability is a great motivator yet I'm not comfortable posting stats at a Pearl Jam forum.

If anyone is interested, please join this new group!

http://www.peertrainer.com/TeamDetails.aspx?GroupID=36677
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    I'm in. I have the whole month of September with no obligations and I'm running and jumping on the bike all month. Every morning.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i'll post now...

210 lbs now

by end of sept would like to be at 200...

and then keep going

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    sennin wrote:
    I'd like to stay the same weight....or wouldn't mind gaining a little....but I want to be 50% more "fit".

How do I measure that?

:p

I'm in the same boat. I'm 6'0 and got myself up to about 185 when I was lifting and running 5 times a week. Now since I stopped I've lost 30 pounds and look like a twig. I eat all the time too. It's the most backwards, f'd up thing I've ever seen.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    I think I need detox more than weight loss, but count me in. I'm sure the detox will help with the weight loss. First day back at the gym was yesterday, but I need a bit of a head start vs. all you youngsters out there.
    I love to turn you on
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I've been on college work experience in an office for the past 6 months. In that 6 months I have gained half a stone. I plan to be fit, and mildly ripped again for haloween. I finish here in 3 weeks then I'm back to college. Let the games begin!
    Actually let the games begin after this weekend because I'm going to a festival and there's no way I can stay healthy at that (unless I get in some tent sex).

By the way, I'm 11.5 stone now. Wanna get back to 11. I'll allow myself to be slightly over if it's muscle instead of fat.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    I've been on college work experience in an office for the past 6 months. In that 6 months I have gained half a stone. I plan to be fit, and mildly ripped again for haloween. I finish here in 3 weeks then I'm back to college. Let the games begin!
    Actually let the games begin after this weekend because I'm going to a festival and there's no way I can stay healthy at that (unless I get in some tent sex).

By the way, I'm 11.5 stone now. Wanna get back to 11. I'll allow myself to be slightly over if it's muscle instead of fat.

How does a stone equate to a pound?
    Dollpartz wrote:
    How does a stone equate to a pound?
    I have no idea. It weighs a lot more though.
    I'm leaving work right now, but I'll look it up when I get home.
    1 stone = 14lbs.
    1 stone = 14lbs.

put me down for 1.5 stones then :)
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    I'm up to the challenge...gotta lose a crapload of tonnage for my Dec trip to Hawai'i...like 60 pounds by Christmas...is that even possible? I gotta start walking everyday at work...and maybe some yogging, too.... Can't post on Sept 1 as I will be whooping it up in Seattle!! Yay...will post when I get back.. Cheers, everyone -- and good luck!

I have a friend who joined Weight Watchers at either the end of July or beginning of August. He has lost 26 pounds as of Sat. His wife lost 11.

Vedderfan10, if you are a guy, I would say you definitely can do it!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Speaking of Stones I was watching something on the BBC the other day and Gordon Ramsay was saying that if he doesn't watch himself he could gain a stone in 7 or 8 days! That's a lot of eating!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    The day after the Police at Fenway I decided was the beginning of a new program for me, I needed a change. I needed to do somethng about my weight. A friend of mine had attempted a program in the past but never could get past the first 9 days. I told her that I would do it with her to help with the motivation. So I started as on 7/30/07. I have not stepped on a scale yet but I have lost one pant size so far and my mid section is getting smaller and smaller every day. For those of you who that watch TV, the program is the same one as the celebrity fit club.

Phase 1=9 days
    2 cups brown rice
    4 egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 cups skim milk
    unlimited fruits
    unlimited veggies-however no white potatoes and no avacados:-(
    beans (red, black, pinto, garbonzo etc)
    1 cup of herbal tea
    unlimited water but not flavored
    NO coffee, soda or caffiene
    NO Alcohol
    NO Meat
    No fast, fried food
    No bread
    try to do some sort of activity for 30 minutes a day.

I thought to myself there is no way I could do this without coffee. I am a stay at home mom full time and I work full time at night, until midnight. Seriously, somedays I pull a 21-22 hour day, multiple days in a row. But the 5th day, finally no more headaches, I no longer had all the mid day crashes, I broke my caffiene addiction!!! I also thought to myself there was no way I could find 30 minutes to exerise daily. You have so much energy just everything in your day becomes additional activity. You're doing that extra load of laundry, you're walking faster to the mailbox, your dancing more with your kids. By the 9th day I am starting to see a change in my body. I was impressed. I could feel muscle building to where there was fat before.

I decided to do an extra week of the first phase since the girl I was doing this with had a few rough days and I wanted to show her that I was committed to do this together.

But after the 9 days, you can move into Phase 2, which goes for 3 weeks.
    now you can eat meat but don't eat the same meat twice in the same day. It has to be lean, so chicken no skin or bones, turkey skinless, boneless, 90% or 93% hamburger or ground sirlion, you get the idea....
    still no fried foods of course
    You can now add 1 10 oz cup of caffienated beverage
    up to 2 cans of diet soda
    you can back off on the 2 cups of brown rice to every other day if you want
    still unlimited fruit and veggies.
    In addition to the 4 egg whites you can add 1 whole egg
    Still no white potatoes, no bread, still no alcohol.

I am still within the 2nd phase because I wanted to stay with her and honestly I love all the fruits and veggies, I never really missed eating meat. I feel great. I can not tell you how much energy I have. Phase 3 you can have alcohol! I do look forward to enjoying a beer soon! I love beer. But weight loss and being healthy is more important to me. I have 2 little kids that I just can't keep up with with all this extra on my frame.

So I will make Sept 1st my official weigh in day. If anyone wants more info on the diet I'm doing let me know and I forward the info that I have on it.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    momofglynn wrote:
    The day after the Police at Fenway I decided was the beginning of a new program for me, I needed a change. I needed to do somethng about my weight. A friend of mine had attempted a program in the past but never could get past the first 9 days. I told her that I would do it with her to help with the motivation. So I started as on 7/30/07. I have not stepped on a scale yet but I have lost one pant size so far and my mid section is getting smaller and smaller every day. For those of you who that watch TV, the program is the same one as the celebrity fit club.

Phase 1=9 days
    2 cups brown rice
    4 egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 cups skim milk
    unlimited fruits
    unlimited veggies-however no white potatoes and no avacados:-(
    beans (red, black, pinto, garbonzo etc)
    1 cup of herbal tea
    unlimited water but not flavored
    NO coffee, soda or caffiene
    NO Alcohol
    NO Meat
    No fast, fried food
    No bread
    try to do some sort of activity for 30 minutes a day.

I thought to myself there is no way I could do this without coffee. I am a stay at home mom full time and I work full time at night, until midnight. Seriously, somedays I pull a 21-22 hour day, multiple days in a row. But the 5th day, finally no more headaches, I no longer had all the mid day crashes, I broke my caffiene addiction!!! I also thought to myself there was no way I could find 30 minutes to exerise daily. You have so much energy just everything in your day becomes additional activity. You're doing that extra load of laundry, you're walking faster to the mailbox, your dancing more with your kids. By the 9th day I am starting to see a change in my body. I was impressed. I could feel muscle building to where there was fat before.

I decided to do an extra week of the first phase since the girl I was doing this with had a few rough days and I wanted to show her that I was committed to do this together.

But after the 9 days, you can move into Phase 2, which goes for 3 weeks.
    now you can eat meat but don't eat the same meat twice in the same day. It has to be lean, so chicken no skin or bones, turkey skinless, boneless, 90% or 93% hamburger or ground sirlion, you get the idea....
    still no fried foods of course
    You can now add 1 10 oz cup of caffienated beverage
    up to 2 cans of diet soda
    you can back off on the 2 cups of brown rice to every other day if you want
    still unlimited fruit and veggies.
    In addition to the 4 egg whites you can add 1 whole egg
    Still no white potatoes, no bread, still no alcohol.

I am still within the 2nd phase because I wanted to stay with her and honestly I love all the fruits and veggies, I never really missed eating meat. I feel great. I can not tell you how much energy I have. Phase 3 you can have alcohol! I do look forward to enjoying a beer soon! I love beer. But weight loss and being healthy is more important to me. I have 2 little kids that I just can't keep up with with all this extra on my frame.

So I will make Sept 1st my official weigh in day. If anyone wants more info on the diet I'm doing let me know and I forward the info that I have on it.

The Fat Smash Diet....I bought the book, but I keep thinking I'll never make it thru those first 9 days without coffee. Thanks for posting, I think I might give it a shot since you seem so happy with your results!
  • Rapunzel64Rapunzel64 Posts: 129
    Dollpartz wrote:
    I'm ready to do this too, but I'm gonna have to lie about my starting weight. ;)
    Me too!

This should be a great motivator. I have started pilates and yoga and need to change my diet.

Looking forward to this challenge starting Saturday.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,963
    HOly crap this starts Saturday? :eek:

OK let's do it.
    I love to turn you on
  • THCTHC Posts: 525
    some great advice i've come to believe recently from lots of reading...and researching....

*Sprint intervals will produce 3x's as much metabolism increases in you (fat loss in general)...then will distance training.
    i.e. - sprint/jog fast for one min. rest one min. then repeat (do a total of like 9 sprints or so)...as opposed to running at a moderate pace for 30 minutes....*

-you can do this w/ any cardio equipment....i.e. bike, elliptical, etc.-

the reason this works is because it shocks your body more...and forces it to change. your body is not FORCED to change its composition...if you are doing something your body has become used to doing and is equipt to do for 30 minutes.
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    Okay! I'm in too!! Gotta get 'buffed up' for Mexico in October :D

the 'sprinting theory' sounds interesting!! Maybe I'll try that!

Um... does anyone know how I can tighten up my thighs & belly...

without losing the lovely bits I've gained in the boob n bum area?? ;)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
    I'll be starting on Tuesday. (like I said before - kick ass music festival this weekend first :D) I have my exercise program in place, and I'm cutting down on Subway lunches :)
    ...and I'm cutting down on Subway lunches :)

Isn't that supposed to help lose weight,. ala Jared?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I'll join you in this effort, but I won't be weighing myself. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Not when all you eat is Meatball Marinaras :D
    Not when all you eat is Meatball Marinaras :D

AHA! Gotcha! Well, just order it without cheese next time :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Jared had Aids!