Options

women on dating in 2008

Comments

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    there is nothing like getting to sleep with a naked woman in your bed every night..

I will never stop missing that...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    locked wrote:
    there is nothing like getting to sleep with a naked woman in your bed every night..

I will never stop missing that...

agreed
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    hartamh wrote:
    I wouldn't have sex on a first date, but I'm not looking for anyone to have a long term relationship with....been there done that:rolleyes: :eek:

Two dates then? C'mon, I'm not a patient man...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I'm glad 2008 is almost over :D
  • Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    hartamh wrote:
    [size=+1]How does every thread posted on here ends up talking about having sex??[/size]

Its the best thing in ze world!
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,803
    hartamh wrote:
    I wouldn't have sex on a first date, but I'm not looking for anyone to have a long term relationship with

i am! :p
    anything from column a or anything from column b.
    whatever kicks ass first! ;)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    hartamh wrote:
    [size=+1]How does every thread posted on here ends up talking about having sex??[/size]

i'm assuming this is a rhetorical question? ;] :p
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    hartamh wrote:
    Cos we're only on here when we're not getting it :D;):p
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    The last two girls I've gone out with have been a giant waste of time.

Ugh!
  • Options
    Not that I ever did the 'dating thing' but it seems to me the best way to find someone is to stop looking. When you're 'dating' you seem to have a checklist to tick off and you're actively looking for someone who meets those requirements. When you take a step back from that, it's easier to find someone you're just happy to spend time with, talk with and just generally hang out with. You're not marking them on a scoresheet.

I came out of a 15 year marriage and was most definitely not looking for anyone. But someone became a very good friend, a shoulder to cry on and a huge support for me. I resisted hard at first, but their persistance and constancy paid off and I realised this was a person that I could love and rely on.

You make me sound like a spoilt needy brat :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    You make me sound like a spoilt needy brat :D
    It was meant in a loving way :p
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    locked wrote:
    looking for women's perspective only...

what are you looking for in the dating pool?

what have you found of recent?

sex on the first date.. yes / no?
    all ive got to say is it's weird what you think you want and then what you end up falling for...
    what i mean is, if my friends were to describe to me my perfect guy... probably a pearl jam or radiohead fan, scruffy jesus hair, rock t-shirts and most likely equipped with some kind of accent- scottish or english or something.
    next thing you know i'm rollin up in a car with hip hop playing and a clean-cut canadian-raised hispanic beside me :D
    so what i've found recently: gangsta love ;):D
    (haha i'm kidding he doesnt dress like a gangsta thank GOD- i draw the line at gold teeth)

and no sex on the first date.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    It was meant in a loving way :p

I know :D

I love you
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    among other things : D Gets a little sticky - but so much fun! :eek:

Sticky is good... :cool:
    Man, is there a thread on this where eventually you two are not virtual reality making out : D

Your boyfriends are soooo lucky : )

Only in your dreams... ;)

and of course our boyfriend's are lucky, they have us! :D:p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Cos we're only on here when we're not getting it :D;):p

Speak for yourself! ;) I'm only on inbetween audiodave and comebackgirl :cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Trailer wrote:
    Yeah.. my little sister is a hornball.:eek: I really hope she doesn't turn into a slut when she goes to college next year. haha

edit: not that there's anything wrong with sluts;)... just not my little sister

Guaranteed she will. Every college girl goes through a slut phase. Where's she going and what bars might she be hanging out at?
    she was underwhelmed, if that's a word
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Guaranteed she will. Every college girl goes through a slut phase. Where's she going and what bars might she be hanging out at?
    not every girl :rolleyes:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options

The majority.
  • Options

Every attractive girl I knew in college or know that is in college now went through a phase where she went to parties, got drunk weekly, and hooked up with a different guy, usually without telling her bf. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just jealous because I made the poor decision of staying faithful to a pointlessly seriously relationship for the first 3 years of college and missed out on taking advantage of said phase ;)

Then I dated a younger girl and watched her go through it behind my back :(
  • Options
    all ive got to say is it's weird what you think you want and then what you end up falling for...
    what i mean is, if my friends were to describe to me my perfect guy... probably a pearl jam or radiohead fan, scruffy jesus hair, rock t-shirts and most likely equipped with some kind of accent- scottish or english or something.
    next thing you know i'm rollin up in a car with hip hop playing and a clean-cut canadian-raised hispanic beside me :D
    so what i've found recently: gangsta love ;):D
    (haha i'm kidding he doesnt dress like a gangsta thank GOD- i draw the line at gold teeth)

and no sex on the first date.

I swear to God, I was scrolling down quickly and read "anal sex only on the first date." I might be developing dyslexia.
  • Options
    Every attractive girl I knew in college or know that is in college now went through a phase where she went to parties, got drunk weekly, and hooked up with a different guy, usually without telling her bf. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just jealous because I made the poor decision of staying faithful to a pointlessly seriously relationship for the first 3 years of college and missed out on taking advantage of said phase ;)

Call me old fashioned, but I think there is something wrong with that.

• Options
    Call me old fashioned, but I think there is something wrong with that.

You just said above that you did it.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=6037659&postcount=12

Maybe you didn't sleep with the guys, but you were still partying and hooking up. Every girl does it, even the ones who claim it's bad.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,748
    I swear to God, I was scrolling down quickly and read "anal sex only on the first date." I might be developing dyslexia.
    maybe wishful thinking!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    locked wrote:
    looking for women's perspective only...

what are you looking for in the dating pool?

what have you found of recent?

sex on the first date.. yes / no?

Im just looking for what everyone else is looking for. Someone that i can relate to, good personality, good sense of humor..etc.

Yeah I would never do the deed on the first date.
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • Options

Yeah, I'm just a few years out of college and that was very much the case. I found that most chicks hit that phase around early sophmore year and it lasted to about mid- junior year...well for most girls.
    As a guy, I was well aware of this phenomenon while in college. :)
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    You just said above that you did it.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=6037659&postcount=12

Maybe you didn't sleep with the guys, but you were still partying and hooking up. Every girl does it, even the ones who claim it's bad.

i think she's saying she may have enjoyed being single ... which means she wasn't dating anyone which is what she thinks is wrong ...

in any case ... there's no formula to this stuff ...
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, I'm just a few years out of college and that was very much the case. I found that most chicks hit that phase around early sophmore year and it lasted to about mid- junior year...well for most girls.
    As a guy, I was well aware of this phenomenon while in college. :)

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself over letting too many golden opportunities slip by because I thought I was in love or something ridiculous. It's a damn shame... they're so hot and easy in those days! Once you graduate though, you're pretty much on the outside looking in. Now they want you to be serious and have a job and a career and personality and substance! :)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I'm glad 2008 is almost over :D
    was it that bad of a year?

no hook ups on the PJ tour? ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,748
    Now they want you to be serious and have a job and a career and personality and substance! :)
    ok that statement plus your sig, is there a connection?

J/K!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    LongRd. wrote:
    was it that bad of a year?

no hook ups on the PJ tour? ;)

Actually it was a good year. :) 2007 was probably the worst year of my life, so 2008 was all about new beginnings and fresh starts...but it is a long process.

So 2009 will be even better; I know this for sure!!!! :D