Options

women on dating in 2008

lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
edited December 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
looking for women's perspective only...

what are you looking for in the dating pool?

what have you found of recent?

sex on the first date.. yes / no?
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    No dating. Only sex.
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    angie76angie76 Posts: 646
    HOOKER wrote:
    No dating. Only sex.

exactly..relationships/dating is a pain...
    Dig a ditch deep enough
    To keep you clear of the sun
    You've been burned more than once
    You don't think much of trust
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    HOOKER wrote:
    No dating. Only sex.

*sigh* FINE...where we meeting :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    what are you looking for in the dating pool?

I'm not looking now but I was about 14 months ago. I was looking for a long term relationship starting with a few dates. Specifically I wanted someone made me feel special but without sacrificing himself.
    locked wrote:
    what have you found of recent?

The guys I 'dated', before I found what I was looking for, were very shallow. A LOT wanted just to sleep with me but I wasn't looking for that. One guy who didn't just want to sleep with and was actually quite smitten with me, became quite scary. Another met me in a pub and booked a hotel the same night! I had to let a few down....
    I found that the guys I attracted and the guys I liked were often, two completely different ends of the spectrum. I wanted a gentle soul who loved little dates and taking things slowly... I attracted brutish men's men who just wanted to shag.
    I found that men don't always admit their emotions (like we didn't know that anyway :rolleyes: ) and that they're more likely to admire you from a far and lose out than to take the plunge and say something for fear of rejection.

Luckily, my boyfriend said something :o
    locked wrote:
    sex on the first date.. yes / no?

No. Not for me.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    *sigh* FINE...where we meeting :D

Here at my work.. in the bathroom.
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    HOOKER wrote:
    No dating. Only sex.

Looks like the women have finally come around to the male way of thinking. It was only a matter of time...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    Here at my work.. in the bathroom.

haha...done
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    arielariel Posts: 191
    I'm not looking now but I was about 14 months ago. I was looking for a long term relationship starting with a few dates. Specifically I wanted someone made me feel special but without sacrificing himself.

The guys I 'dated', before I found what I was looking for, were very shallow. A LOT wanted just to sleep with me but I wasn't looking for that. One guy who didn't just want to sleep with and was actually quite smitten with me, became quite scary. Another met me in a pub and booked a hotel the same night! I had to let a few down....
    I found that the guys I attracted and the guys I liked were often, two completely different ends of the spectrum. I wanted a gentle soul who loved little dates and taking things slowly... I attracted brutish men's men who just wanted to shag.
    I found that men don't always admit their emotions (like we didn't know that anyway :rolleyes: ) and that they're more likely to admire you from a far and lose out than to take the plunge and say something for fear of rejection.

Luckily, my boyfriend said something :o

No. Not for me.

Sounds something similar to me.

I HATE dating…it’s really just an awful experience. I had no interest in it while I was in my 20’s, and now that I’m 34 I’d like to meet someone and I’m looking for a long term thing, I’ve done all my playing ;)

It appears that I’ve waited too long though, and it’s really hard to meet people where I live. I tried an online thing, but the guys there are serial daters I think lol! Set ups are awkward – it’s hard to tell someone their friend/relative isn’t for you.
    I’ve mostly happily accepted that I’ll just be single, because the thought of trying again makes me ill, I just don’t have the patience for the games and whatever rules there are that I just don’t get or see the point of. You’re either interested or not, let's move this thing along is my attitude, but I think that’s too uncomplicated for today’s dating world…I feel like a relic:)

As for the sex on the first date thing – can’t say it’s never happened, but it most likely won't happen again…as I said, I’ve gotten the player out of my blood:)
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I'm looking for someone who I can be comfortable around. I'll probably want to start out as friends, and not really date the person for a while. It takes a little bit of time to understand someone's sense of humour. Unfotunately, I haven't been very patient in the past, and probably stoped a relationship before it got tedious for both of us, or good for both of us. Our similar taste in humor is a must.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    HOOKER wrote:
    No dating. Only sex.

sweet! :cool:
  • Options
    ariel wrote:
    It appears that I’ve waited too long though, and it’s really hard to meet people where I live. I tried an online thing, but the guys there are serial daters I think lol! Set ups are awkward – it’s hard to tell someone their friend/relative isn’t for you.
    I’ve mostly happily accepted that I’ll just be single, because the thought of trying again makes me ill, I just don’t have the patience for the games and whatever rules there are that I just don’t get or see the point of. You’re either interested or not, let's move this thing along is my attitude, but I think that’s too uncomplicated for today’s dating world…I feel like a relic: )

LOL you shouldn't feel like a relic! Your turn will come and probably at the most unexpected moment :) I found that when I stopped looking, Mr. Right had been sat there all along :o
    I will admit though, dating today is hard and although the internet has made it easier it's also, for some, made it more complex.
    ariel wrote:
    As for the sex on the first date thing – can’t say it’s never happened, but it most likely won't happen again…as I said, I’ve gotten the player out of my blood:)

That's the reason I said no. I did it once and never again. I used to be out all weekends drinking and enjoying being single (*ahem* :o) but I never hopped into bed with anyone, as i'm a long term relationship only kinda gal... When I finally did, after meeting someone once and travelling quite a way to do it, I regretted it. I honestly think it was my last fling :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Well I already found what I was looking for - and that's someone that I can click with. I could tick off a bunch of qualities (someone who is compassionate, has a good sense of humor, likes animals, shares similar political ideals, has a good work ethic, etc), but all those qualities don't necessarily mean the person is the right match for me. I want someone I feel at peace with and I can just "be" with. You know it when you find it...and I found it :)
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    someone I feel at peace with and I can just "be" with. You know it when you find it...and I found it :)

That is an absolutely wonderful way to put it :)

I know exactly where you're coming from and it's the most incredible feeling in the world :D

• Options
    That is an absolutely wonderful way to put it :)

I know exactly where you're coming from and it's the most incredible feeling in the world :D
    I"m glad you found it too :)
  • Options
    I"m glad you found it too :)

I thought you were talking about me! :confused:

;)

• Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Looks like the women have finally come around to the male way of thinking. It was only a matter of time...

Yeah.. my little sister is a hornball.:eek: I really hope she doesn't turn into a slut when she goes to college next year. haha

edit: not that there's anything wrong with sluts;)... just not my little sister
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    haha...done

Im mad at you! You flaked on me!
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    I thought you were talking about me! :confused:

;)
    well I would have been - but you refused to put out on the first date! :mad:
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Not that I ever did the 'dating thing' but it seems to me the best way to find someone is to stop looking. When you're 'dating' you seem to have a checklist to tick off and you're actively looking for someone who meets those requirements. When you take a step back from that, it's easier to find someone you're just happy to spend time with, talk with and just generally hang out with. You're not marking them on a scoresheet.

I came out of a 15 year marriage and was most definitely not looking for anyone. But someone became a very good friend, a shoulder to cry on and a huge support for me. I resisted hard at first, but their persistance and constancy paid off and I realised this was a person that I could love and rely on.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    well I would have been - but you refused to put out on the first date! :mad:

Well, if you hadn't been so forceful I might have woken up in your arms and made you breakfast the next morning! :mad:

• Options
    Well, if you hadn't been so forceful I might have woken up in your arms and made you breakfast the next morning! :mad:
    breakfast??? you cook?!?! Maybe we should give this another try :D
  • Options
    breakfast??? you cook?!?! Maybe we should give this another try :D

You like.... Syrup with your pancakes? ;)

ohhhhh yeahhhhh :cool:

• Options

among other things :D Gets a little sticky - but so much fun! :eek:
  • Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    Im mad at you! You flaked on me!

I didnt flake! I need directions! :)
    Shows:
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    I didnt flake! I need directions! :)

Directions from where? I will google it. Please add a phone number just in case you get lost
    Nice to know you.
  • Options

Man, is there a thread on this where eventually you two are not virtual reality making out :D

Your boyfriends are soooo lucky :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    Directions from where? I will google it. Please add a phone number just in case you get lost

why South Jersey of course
    Shows:
  • Options
    Man, is there a thread on this where eventually you two are not virtual reality making out :D

Your boyfriends are soooo lucky :)
    isn't this the epitome of dating in 2008? :p
  • Options
    isn't this the epitome of dating in 2008? :p

Trying to tell my wife that, but she ain't biting :p
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Trying to tell my wife that, but she ain't biting :p
    hahahahahahahha keep trying :D