Options

women on dating in 2008

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Yeah, I'm still kicking myself over letting too many golden opportunities slip by because I thought I was in love or something ridiculous. It's a damn shame... they're so hot and easy in those days! Once you graduate though, you're pretty much on the outside looking in. Now they want you to be serious and have a job and a career and personality and substance! :)

Yeah, looking back at opportunities missed out on is never a fun thing to do.
    Every year some friends and I who went to school together go back to the college town for a weekend and a football game. Every year I feel older and older. Haha! Girls that are 19 look like they are 13. When did THAT happen?!?!
    It can still work out nicely as not only do I look like I'm still in college, but I make a lot of money now. Win-win! :D
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    It was meant in a loving way :p

A few days ago I dreamed that you two announced on the pit that you were getting married :eek: :eek:

:D
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    locked wrote:
    looking for women's perspective only...

what are you looking for in the dating pool?

what have you found of recent?

sex on the first date.. yes / no?

1 i don't know how to date, in fact i'm confused how to go about things.

2 i think i just scared off a guy, because i wanted to know what he wanted, and suggested for him to be my boyfriend only because...i could :D and now i'm freaking waiting for him to text me because we are supposed to be going out tomorrow and he is not texting me back......which is fine, if he wants to play that game, if he doesn't reply anything back today, i will ignore him.

3 nope, no sex on the fist date
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, looking back at opportunities missed out on is never a fun thing to do.
    Every year some friends and I who went to school together go back to the college town for a weekend and a football game. Every year I feel older and older. Haha! Girls that are 19 look like they are 13. When did THAT happen?!?!
    It can still work out nicely as not only do I look like I'm still in college, but I make a lot of money now. Win-win! :D

Yeah, aside from a receding hairline, I don't look too old. I'll be heading back to my alma mater for some games next year when I've got $$ and I plan to get my licks in... literally!
    she was underwhelmed, if that's a word
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ok that statement plus your sig, is there a connection?

J/K!!!!

Probably, though it wasn't intentional!

That's a lyric from the best song about teen angst ever... Sloan's "Underwhelmed."
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    locked wrote:

No sex on the first date.
    He gets a kiss.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    genie wrote:
    1 i don't know how to date, in fact i'm confused how to go about things.

2 i think i just scared off a guy, because i wanted to know what he wanted, and suggested for him to be my boyfriend only because...i could :D and now i'm freaking waiting for him to text me because we are supposed to be going out tomorrow and he is not texting me back......which is fine, if he wants to play that game, if he doesn't reply anything back today, i will ignore him.

3 nope, no sex on the fist date
    :eek: whoa! what's a fist date?
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    locked wrote:

Sex on the first date is always a mistake!
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    A few days ago I dreamed that you two announced on the pit that you were getting married :eek: :eek:

:D
    :eek: :eek:
    Ahem...I mean I love you all, but I think I should tell my parents first!...
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    LongRd. wrote:
    :eek: whoa! what's a fist date?

:D thanks for pointing that out. i'm not going to edit it.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    TrixieCat wrote:
    He gets a kiss.

A french kiss you say?
    Very nice! :cool:
  • Options
    Speak for yourself! ;) I'm only on inbetween audiodave and comebackgirl :cool:
    Watch me disappear when he gets here next week ;):D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    :eek: :eek:
    Ahem...I mean I love you all, but I think I should tell my parents first!...
    That is so uncool.
    You would not know each other if not for us.
    :mad:
    But if you think telling your parents first is the right thing to do...
    :p
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    That is so uncool.
    You would not know each other if not for us.
    :mad:
    But if you think telling your parents first is the right thing to do...
    :p
    OK...I'll post it on Facebook, just for you :p

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Call me old fashioned, but I think there is something wrong with that.
    yah? :confused: i'm in University and maybe i'm just different... most of my friends don't hook up with random guys on a weekly basis...
    You just said above that you did it.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=6037659&postcount=12

Maybe you didn't sleep with the guys, but you were still partying and hooking up. Every girl does it, even the ones who claim it's bad.
    that post said she was single when she did it?

i'm not the type to sleep around with guys i barely know or i just meet at parties, but i don't hold it against other girls who are comfortable with that. it's when they have a boyfriend i don't think that's right...

maybe i'm just a dull university student?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    TrixieCat wrote:
    He gets a kiss.

Oh, you're a tease! ;)
  • Options
    I swear to God, I was scrolling down quickly and read "anal sex only on the first date." I might be developing dyslexia.
    HAHA! :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934

please share!
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    yah? :confused: i'm in University and maybe i'm just different... most of my friends don't hook up with random guys on a weekly basis...

i'm not the type to sleep around with guys i barely know or i just meet at parties, but i don't hold it against other girls who are comfortable with that. it's when they have a boyfriend i don't think that's right...

no, youre not dull, cheating is just a shit and unnecessary thing to do.

Regardless of how often/many/early you sleep with someone, cheating is just shite....unless both people in the couple are openly ok with sleeping with other people of course.
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    no, youre not dull, cheating is just a shit and unnecessary thing to do.

Regardless of how often/many/early you sleep with someone, cheating is just shite....unless both people in the couple are openly ok with sleeping with other people of course.

I agree!! Cheating is never ever acceptable!
  • Options

No, not at all.

You're not dull you just have principles and you stick to them. I find that admirable. :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

What difference did that make? My post didn't say all college girls cheat. I said girls in college go through a phase where they hook up with as many people as they can. I didn't say that they all had sex with those guys or that they all cheat on boyfriends, just that those are both common parts of it.
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Every attractive girl I knew in college or know that is in college now went through a phase where she went to parties, got drunk weekly, and hooked up with a different guy, usually without telling her bf. Nothing wrong with it. I'm just jealous because I made the poor decision of staying faithful to a pointlessly seriously relationship for the first 3 years of college and missed out on taking advantage of said phase ;)

Then I dated a younger girl and watched her go through it behind my back :(

At the time did you atleast like the girl that you were dating, and enjoyed the sex with her? I was also in a three year relationship in college that fell apart, but I believe it was worth it because we were both in love and had sex ALL the time. I didn't even feel the need to go out and find those girls in "said phase".

After I broke up with her though... you better believe I took advantage of the fact that I worked at a bar. They would get drunk and hit on me all night, and then tell me where afterhours was.;) That period of my college life was just as satisfying as the relationship part.:D No regrets on anything.

and HELL NO.. I'm not telling you where she is going or what bars she is frequenting!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    Trailer wrote:
    At the time did you atleast like the girl that you were dating, and enjoyed the sex with her? I was also in a three year relationship in college that fell apart, but I believe it was worth it because we were both in love and had sex ALL the time. I didn't even feel the need to go out and find those girls in "said phase".

After I broke up with her though... you better believe I took advantage of the fact that I worked at a bar. They would get drunk and hit on me all night, and then tell me where afterhours was.;) That period of my college life was just as satisfying as the relationship part.:D No regrets on anything.

and HELL NO.. I'm not telling you where she is going or what bars she is frequenting!

No. I stayed in the relationship for almost a year and a half after I knew it wasn't working and I didn't want to be with her and wanted to be out nailing freshmen ;) There were a variety of bad reasons for that, but so it goes. I tried to make up for it as best I could, but I still wish I'd seen the light sooner!

And that's not nice... you had fun with your wild bar nights, are you going to deprive your sister of the same fulfilling college experience?? ;)
  • Options
    Sex on the first date is always a mistake!

It's not a mistake if you just want to have sex with the person... but if you really like the guy and want to have a relationship with him, then imo yeah it's not good. I've never had a relationship with any girl that has slept with me after the first date. I've had extended booty calls... but something about a girl that sleeps with me that easily turns me off to the whole relationship thing. Maybe other guys are different.. but that's how I view it.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    And that's not nice... you had fun with your wild bar nights, are you going to deprive your sister of the same fulfilling college experience?? ;)

I'm not going to deprive my sister of anything! I'm definitely not a controlling big brother... I'm protective of her... but in a good way. I would never think of interfering with her life.
  • Options
    What difference did that make? My post didn't say all college girls cheat. I said girls in college go through a phase where they hook up with as many people as they can. I didn't say that they all had sex with those guys or that they all cheat on boyfriends, just that those are both common parts of it.
    um, the "usually without telling her bf" part was what made the difference...
  • Options
    um, the "usually without telling her bf" part was what made the difference...

Usually is not always.
  • Options
    no, i know its not always.
    just that the sentence went a little like, *some* girls cheat, and there's nothing wrong with it.

whether hooking up constitutes having sex with someone or just making out is debatable i guess, but even if it is just making out i find that kind of low and cheap to do if a girl is committed to a boyfriend... and i think there is something wrong with that.... is all i'm saying...