anybody want to join me on a great white dive?

1235»

Comments

• yeah i passed this idea by the wife last night she said i would have a heart attack and shit my wet suit ha ha ha ha but i still wan't to try it .....:D
    :D she said YOU would? I'm not sure if I've got my point across yet but I can't state highly enough what an amazing experience this IS :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    yeah i passed this idea by the wife last night she said i would have a heart attack and shit my wet suit ha ha ha ha but i still wan't to try it .....:D

people always have this perception,,and i suppose i understand why ,
    but like myself and helen has stated

its orgasmic!!!! lol

actually jose out in riverhead long island they have atlantis where u can go in a cage w/ sandtiger sharks ,,

its in a very very large tank ,,a good way to wet ur feet (no pun intended)

http://www.atlantismarineworld.com/adventures-sharkdive.html
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    :D she said YOU would? I'm not sure if I've got my point across yet but I can't state highly enough what an amazing experience this IS :)

yeah she meant me but i do believe you & nypj1 that the experience is amazing so as far as i'm concerned i will plan on doing this ....:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

its orgasmic!!!! lol
    It's right up there with getting a tambourine from Eddie :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • yeah she meant me but i do believe you & nypj1 that the experience is amazing so as far as i'm concerned i will plan on doing this ....:D
    :) Ooooooooohh... I'm so excited for ya! I'd love to be doing it for the first time again.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    NY PJ1 wrote:

its orgasmic!!!! lol

actually jose out in riverhead long island they have atlantis where u can go in a cage w/ sandtiger sharks ,,

its in a very very large tank ,,a good way to wet ur feet (no pun intended)

http://www.atlantismarineworld.com/adventures-sharkdive.html
    thanks for that info and she just thinks that i would be scared but it stems from my last time i wen't abalone diving in san francisco in the kelp forest i had a bit of a scare ....
    thanks for that info and she just thinks that i would be scared but it stems from my last time i wen't abalone diving in san francisco in the kelp forest i had a bit of a scare ....

wait a second .... u did that ??

where their is perhaps the 2nd or 3rd highest white shark population??

u did it already

what month did u do this?
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    hell no...I'm not that brave.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    hell no...I'm not that brave.

all u gotta do is climb down a ladder and slide into a cage?
    not to difficult :)

once ur in its gravy

i wish i could show all of u cats my dvd

all of you cats would be jumping at the chance
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    all u gotta do is climb down a ladder and slide into a cage?
    not to difficult :)

once ur in its gravy

i wish i could show all of u cats my dvd

all of you cats would be jumping at the chance

meh...no thank you...I like watching that stuff on the discovery channel but I wouldn't ever want to be that close to a great white :p
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    meh...no thank you...I like watching that stuff on the discovery channel but I wouldn't ever want to be that close to a great white :p

but ur 5 ft. away ??? its not that close ;) lol

eh thats jersey for ya :) lol
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    wait a second .... u did that ??

where their is perhaps the 2nd or 3rd highest white shark population??

u did it already

what month did u do this?

yeah i know that it had to be in april or may, and you have to snorkel to do that no scuba allowed very regulated that had to be the hardest thing to do ,funny though when i think back on it i was really enjoying doing this, and on one of my dives i realized that those waters are a haeven for the great white's that's when it hit me ... :eek:
    yeah i know that it had to be in april or may, and you have to snorkel to do that no scuba allowed very regulated that had to be the hardest thing to do ,funny though when i think back on it i was really enjoying doing this, and on one of my dives i realized that those waters are a haeven for the great white's that's when it hit me ... :eek:

april may ur pretty safe ,,but i wouldnt hang out in those waters any time of the year
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    but ur 5 ft. away ??? its not that close ;) lol

eh thats jersey for ya :) lol

ha..ha...

that's still too fricken close for me!

:eek:
  • yeah i know that it had to be in april or may, and you have to snorkel to do that no scuba allowed very regulated that had to be the hardest thing to do ,funny though when i think back on it i was really enjoying doing this, and on one of my dives i realized that those waters are a haeven for the great white's that's when it hit me ... :eek:
    :eek: that would scare the shite out of me... I've been pretty scared of open water since an incident in Turkey where I decided to jump off the paddle boat and have a swim... the other girls thought it would be funny to freak me out and pretend something was coming... it worked :o . That was a shit thing to do cos I never thought about stuff being in the water before that now I'm terrified of it. It's just sooooooooo big and ya never know what's beneath ya :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :eek: that would scare the shite out of me... I've been pretty scared of open water since an incident in Turkey where I decided to jump off the paddle boat and have a swim... the other girls thought it would be funny to freak me out and pretend something was coming... it worked :o . That was a shit thing to do cos I never thought about stuff being in the water before that now I'm terrified of it. It's just sooooooooo big and ya never know what's beneath ya :eek:

ohhooo not good to scare people when they are in the water, and those kelp forest are really scary cause you really can't see what is behind some of those or beneath them at all so it really takes all your strengh to hold your breath dive ,pry the abalone from the rocks and also keep a sharp eye for the big boy's needless to say i drank heavy after that experience ....
  • ohhooo not good to scare people when they are in the water, and those kelp forest are really scary cause you really can't see what is behind some of those or beneath them at all so it really takes all your strengh to hold your breath dive ,pry the abalone from the rocks and also keep a sharp eye for the big boy's needless to say i drank heavy after that experience ....
    :) I'd say so... well a cage dive is an altogether safer and more comfortable experience than all that :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :) I'd say so... well a cage dive is an altogether safer and more comfortable experience than all that :o

cool that will be great to see ....
    they dive for it off guadalupe also,, during peak season crazy buggers

the thing is its hard to keep ur eyes on the shark while searching for the
    abalone,,and thats where u can run into problems
  • Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    A bunch of us just did a shark cage dive on the North Shore this summer. It was awesome! Not scary at all. Getting in and out of the cage is a little tricky, but not too bad. Every once and a while I'd catch myself with my arms outside the cage, yikes!!!!
    They said a great white showed up a few years ago, that would freak me out. The 6-8 footers, no problem, but a great white, I don't know about that!!!!
    Best of Fun to you!
    A bunch of us just did a shark cage dive on the North Shore this summer. It was awesome! Not scary at all. Getting in and out of the cage is a little tricky, but not too bad. Every once and a while I'd catch myself with my arms outside the cage, yikes!!!!
    They said a great white showed up a few years ago, that would freak me out. The 6-8 footers, no problem, but a great white, I don't know about that!!!!
    Best of Fun to you!

i did that same dive last year after the pj show

and lucky us a 12 ft. tiger shark showed up!!!

it was great ,,but he dive operators hate it because they scare off the other reef sharks
    their were 100's of sharks around that cage :)

by the way,,the guy who jumped in when the white showed up (also the owner of the company ) died in a base jump accident a few months ago
    very sad

also entering that cage was alot harder than the guadalupe cage
    and it wasn't that hard lol
  • Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    Awesome, we thought a Tiger was on it's way b/c all of a sudden the sharks disappeared. But one never showed up. But there was a barracuda swimming around below the cage, that was freaking us out b/c it's thin enough to get in the cage.
    Too bad about the guy that own's the company!
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    they dive for it off guadalupe also,, during peak season crazy buggers

the thing is its hard to keep ur eyes on the shark while searching for the
    abalone,,and thats where u can run into problems

yes that's the hard part once you locate the abalone you still have to pry the damm thing off the rock, put into your net and the float back up and also look to see if you have any visitors by you ,that is nerve racking but exhilarating at the same time ....but like they say if you wan't to really feel alive you must test the boundaries of life ...
    Awesome, we thought a Tiger was on it's way b/c all of a sudden the sharks disappeared. But one never showed up. But there was a barracuda swimming around below the cage, that was freaking us out b/c it's thin enough to get in the cage.
    Too bad about the guy that own's the company!

if they all disapperaed ,,odds are their was one near by,,it was probably just out of view
    no way would the sharks leave that food if it wasnt for a tiger near by

and the owner dying was a bummer,,he was an awesome guy

but when u take big risks everyday .....
  • yes that's the hard part once you locate the abalone you still have to pry the damm thing off the rock, put into your net and the float back up and also look to see if you have any visitors by you ,that is nerve racking but exhilarating at the same time ....but like they say if you wan't to really feel alive you must test the boundaries of life ...
    I agree... I really must start doing more of this kinda stuff. They say you should do something that scares you every day, I dunno about every day but once a year would be good :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life