Options

So I accidently found out what my Christmas present is...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Simpson's Movie is good :D but personally I'd never buy someone a DVD of something they've never seen, bit of a risk IMO.

Doe anyone else do that? Buy someone a CD/DVD of something they've never heard or seen before as a present?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Spider Pig!
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    let's hope not, killer toaster :D will be to expensive. he should settle for some cheaper killer presents

Toaster's are pretty cheap nowadays...

I love the Simpsons so it was a pretty good guess.

I've got the DVD in my hands right now... it looks pretty legit.

(I need to learn to muliple quote).

Trixie, it doesn't matter because I'll have to wrap it anyway. :D
  • Options
    It was good. Like most modern Simpsons stuff - Hilarious begining, then the comedy sort of takes a back seat to the plot. But it's good.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options

(I need to learn to muliple quote).
    Just type {quote=name} ....words.... {/quote} but use these brackets instead [ ] . I had to use the squiggly ones so that wouldn't disappear.

You can quote as many times as you want if you keep adding those.

Merry Christmas :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Just type {quote=name} ....words.... {/quote}

Okay
    but use these brackets instead [ ] . I had to use the squiggly ones so that wouldn't disappear.

Will do...
    You can quote as many times as you want if you keep adding those.

Merry Christmas :p
    [/quote]

Happy Christmas to you!
  • Options
    My thought right now is 'Should I get my newly-ex wife a Christmas present?' Probably fuck no, right...

if you would like to, yes......if you don't want to, then don't. it really is that simple. you 'owe' her nothing at this point...so it's all how YOU feel about it. :)

i sooooooo dislike knowing what gift i am getting. more often than not nowadays hubby and i get something 'big' and thus really no gifts to exchange. or, he just sucks at keeping it a surprise. :p even for my bday this year, he actually shopped early enough that the charge showed on the card before my bday! thus, i didn't 'know
    ' exactly what it was.....but i had a pretty good idea. besides the fact that he was so excited over what a cool gift he got me he keep telling me he can't wait to see me open it, how i will love it, etc. sheesh man. :D

i think this is also why i so enjoy the AET secret santa. i have NO idea what i'll get. at home, i only get gifts from hubby, one sis and my mom. mom always gives cash, nowadays i get gift certificates from sis - which is cool/fun/i like...but sure, the only surprise is to where. this year in fact i made a 'request' b/c there is something specific i want. haha. so yea, only the stocking stuffers and whatever little gift hubby gives just to open, that's it for surprises. got LOTs of great stuff already, so no complaints...but yes, there is something to be said for great surprises, love em!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    My thought right now is 'Should I get my newly-ex wife a Christmas present?' Probably fuck no, right...

My parents split up the day after thanksgiving 3 years ago. It was really awkward because they had dated for 5 years, and then been married for 23, so together for 28 years. My mom was all about giving my dad a nice christmas because in our family extravagant christmases was how we do it. So she still went out and spent 500 dollars on him so he would have nice things to open and not feel weird. She also invited him over so he wouldn't be lonely on christmas and we were all together. Needless to say, he bought her a calender.

So awkward. She STILL talks about it to this day about being the worst christmas ever.

Okay, point being, if you think she will care/buy you anything/remember it forever/bitch to everyone under the sun then yes, buy her a gift because christmas can drag up emotions from god knows where.. (or maybe my mom is just crazy!) ;)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    What's the Simpsons movie like?

how is it an "accident"???? :eek:
    and its like a giant pink donut!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    how is it an "accident"???? :eek:
    and its like a giant pink donut!!! :D

He asked me to get something out of his bag but forgot it was in there-unwrapped.
  • Options
    He asked me to get something out of his bag but forgot it was in there-unwrapped.

interesting. i say u should have watched it then hinted later that u would NEVER want to get that as a gift!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    interesting. i say u should have watched it then hinted later that u would NEVER want to get that as a gift!!! :D

...and said I wanted a car instead!

No, that was a good choice. I love the Simpsies. I just heard it wasn't THAT good. :)
  • Options
    ...and said I wanted a car instead!

No, that was a good choice. I love the Simpsies. I just heard it wasn't THAT good. :)

hahaha well i wasnt thinking a CAR but.......thats good too!!! :D

• Options
    This movie's great! I've only been watching bits of it but it's so funny!

The Simpsons is getteing darker though? Don't you think?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    The Simpsons is getteing darker though? Don't you think?

could be your contrast needs adjusting?

but the worlds most obvious joke aside... yeah, i think its becoming darker and more political.. it's still the only show on TV that can make me laugh during every episode.. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    could be your contrast needs adjusting?

but the worlds most obvious joke aside... yeah, i think its becoming darker and more political.. it's still the only show on TV that can make me laugh during every episode.. :)

Same here. Although now I go 'HAHAHA. Hmmmmmm HAHAHA Hmmmmm'.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Same here. Although now I go 'HAHAHA. Hmmmmmm HAHAHA Hmmmmm'.

you use a vibrator whilst watching the Simpsons :eek:

its ok i knew what you meant :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Aaah, there's a little bit of Homer is all of us.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Aaah, there's a little bit of Homer is all of us.

I did a Simpsons quiz to see 'which character you're most like'.

I felt for sure my partner would be Homer. He was Dr. Hibbert (sp) and I WAS Homer!!!!! :D
  • Options
    I did a Simpsons quiz to see 'which character you're most like'.

I felt for sure my partner would be Homer. He was Dr. Hibbert (sp) and I WAS Homer!!!!! :D
    That's all the boozing you do.lol
    I'm pretty certain I'd be Homer in one of those tests...actually I could end up as Otto now that I thin about it..hey, Dunk would be the school caretaker...what's his name now?
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    That's all the boozing you do.lol
    I'm pretty certain I'd be Homer in one of those tests...actually I could end up as Otto now that I thin about it..hey, Dunk would be the school caretaker...what's his name now?

Willie!

(Thanks for giving me an excuse to write that in large letters. :)
  • Options
    Willie!

(Thanks for giving me an excuse to write that in large letters. :)
    I can't see them....what did you write...'Dunk is......' whatever the school caretakers name is?
    Hey, do you think he's going for gold tonight? I notice he's gone again..
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    I can't see them....what did you write...'Dunk is......' whatever the school caretakers name is?
    Hey, do you think he's going for gold tonight? I notice he's gone again..

I'll bet he's being told off! I bet she wears the trousers!

He's not reading this so I'll stop trying to taunt him!