Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,836
    there's hockey going on? in which country?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Hawkshore wrote:
    It would be a huge confidence boost for him if MacT started hi basically saying we still have faith in you now its up to you. If he gets shelled you can always go back to Usi Saturday night back home

Plus if you start Usi tonight and he craps the bed now you have two goaltenders with shaky confidence and no real options for Saturday night.

That's a really good point....I never really looked at it that way!
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    prljamgirl wrote:

Thanks.......Being a Canucks fan we get a lot of practice second guessing coaching decisions regarding goalies.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    prljamgirl wrote:

You ready for tonight??? I am keeping the faith.

GO OILERS!!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    here we go oilers, here we go!! :D
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    here we go oilers, here we go!! :D

I am on pins and needles here and the game has not even started yet :o

Here we go indeed! :D
  • Options
    I have faith in my boys!!! :D
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    i want to see some BIG hits right at the opening face off. lets hit em and hit em hard!! but no stupid penalties, please.
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    i want to see some BIG hits right at the opening face off. lets hit em and hit em hard!! but no stupid penalties, please.

THIS is a smart boy! ;)
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    THIS is a smart boy! ;)

thank you. i get that all the time. ;)
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    THIS is a smart boy! ;)

Agreed :)
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    thank you. i get that all the time. ;)

:D
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    A little off topic here...but I am sickened by the "band-wagon" jumpers I hear everyday (that includes every sports show/radio/etc.)...okay we lost Roli...okay it sucks but the boys have to get by it...our boys beat Anaheim in 5 and that was with a team that had half its roster sickened by the flu...yet then no one cried "WE'RE DONE" as we got out-shot pathetically the whole series...Roli did save us that one...now the boys can return the favour...we have proven we can out play this Hurricane team...we DOMINATED for two periods and yet we still out shot them 18-11 inthe 3rd...everyone is like "wow what a come back" yeah 4 goals on 9 shots....sorry but Roli did not look like the prior series goalie I saw...Conks did not lose the game...the Oilers blew the lead and they lost the game...they need to come into this game tonight the same way as last...some minor powerplay adjustments...need to start shooting more or start keeping the puck down low...the Canes pressure the points too much for us to diddle-dally with the puck (yeah Spacek Im talking about you)...Im for one am not worried...the first 2 periods in the first game were the BEST IMHO we have played this play-offs...the boys are ready....plus all the pressure is shifted to Carolina as everyone thinks its doomsday for the Oil....which makes me sick cause half these "experts" maybe watched 10 Oil games this year...they have no idea of the heart this team possesses....in all honesty the Oil are a much more physical/and slightly faster team than the Canes....we will get by this one...watch out tonight Ward you will be seeing a tonne of rubber tonight....Oil win 4-1 tonight....sorry for the rant but lets get the positivity rolling (not directed to people in this thread...just a general comment)...ALSO I would rather have an injured goalie than half my team dehabilited by the flu for the majority of the series....
  • Options
    Plus I want to see Jussi/Ty make a HUGE save to start this game...fuck the news you hear about these two makes you wonder if they got called up from a bushleague Saskatchewan senior hockey team....got to wait and see....
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Good luck tonight Oil fans. It should be another doozy.
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    Good luck tonight Oil fans. It should be another doozy.

Good luck to you as well...it will be a dandy I am sure....
  • Options
    one more hour to go! time to get some natural mystic flowing through the air and rancho relaxo for the game...

GO OILERS!!! :D they'll be coming out with a message tonight!
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    me & aboot 15 ppl will be cheering (& drinkin) every step of the way in game 2

let's go ryan smith!
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    hosenbislerhosenbisler Posts: 349
    Good luck from Germany!! I hope I´ll find a bar which is still open and shows American Sports... the game start´s at 2 am here...
    Hey, could you stand another drink,
    Better when I don't think,
    It seems to get me through.
  • Options
    Good luck from Germany!! I hope I´ll find a bar which is still open and shows American Sports... the game start´s at 2 am here...

thanks hosenbisler! (it's canadian sports though...just to clarify... ;) )

enjoy the game, i hope you find a place to see it :)

edit: by the way, congrats on post # 666 :D
  • Options
    hosenbislerhosenbisler Posts: 349
    thanks hosenbisler! (it's canadian sports though...just to clarify... ;) )

enjoy the game, i hope you find a place to see it :)

edit: by the way, congrats on post # 666 :D
    Hehe, I should retire :) I checked out a bar that shows NORTH american sports, but they´re only open if enough customers stay to watch the game. The World Cup starts in two days and there are many tourists in town, so I guess (hope) there will be many custumers :)
    GO OILERS!
    Hey, could you stand another drink,
    Better when I don't think,
    It seems to get me through.
  • Options
    It's a half an hour until the game starts and we still don't know who's in net. I just saw a press conference with Craig MacTavish and he said that he'll tell everyone who's not starting tonight....Dwayne Roloson! Haha!! Later in that same news report Jarret Stoll said that maybe it would be Mike Morrison, and Chris Pronger replied with 'is he hurt??'. At least they are being light-hearted about the whole thing.
    I agree wholteheartedly with Rockin'InCanada......Roloson really saved them when they were down and out with the flu and now they are going to win the cup for him!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was down and sad on Monday night, but I'm better now!!!!!!!!! And I never lost faith!!!

GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    that's right, it must be crazy there right now!!! have fun! thanks for the "GO OILERS" cheer, hosenbisler :)
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    It's a half an hour until the game starts and we still don't know who's in net. I just saw a press conference with Craig MacTavish and he said that he'll tell everyone who's not starting tonight....Dwayne Roloson! Haha!! Later in that same news report Jarret Stoll said that maybe it would be Mike Morrison, and Chris Pronger replied with 'is he hurt??'. At least they are being light-hearted about the whole thing.
    I agree wholteheartedly with Rockin'InCanada......Roloson really saved them when they were down and out with the flu and now they are going to win the cup for him!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was down and sad on Monday night, but I'm better now!!!!!!!!! And I never lost faith!!!

GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Pisani will play, on the Oilers' site they said he is questionable. I really hope he plays.

GO OILERS GO!!!
  • Options
    Jam-fanJam-fan Posts: 70
    hes saying your national team sucks

and yeah I had predicted Canes in 6 earlier but with the loss of roloson I say canes in 5, if the oilers get lucky.
    i'm saying that the best goalie the US has had on their national team was Richter, and even so that ain't so good. I'm not here to hate on the US team or anything, but Canada is far more superior, our second string players could compete at any level.

anyways... go Oilers!! if anybody can do it you guys can!
  • Options
    Jam-fanJam-fan Posts: 70
    I wonder if Pisani will play, on the Oilers' site they said he is questionable. I really hope he plays.

GO OILERS GO!!!
    oilers need every single player for the rest of the series, especially someone as valuable as Pisani this season
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    A little off topic here...but I am sickened by the "band-wagon" jumpers I hear everyday (that includes every sports show/radio/etc.)...okay we lost Roli...okay it sucks but the boys have to get by it...our boys beat Anaheim in 5 and that was with a team that had half its roster sickened by the flu...yet then no one cried "WE'RE DONE" as we got out-shot pathetically the whole series...Roli did save us that one...now the boys can return the favour...we have proven we can out play this Hurricane team...we DOMINATED for two periods and yet we still out shot them 18-11 inthe 3rd...everyone is like "wow what a come back" yeah 4 goals on 9 shots....sorry but Roli did not look like the prior series goalie I saw...Conks did not lose the game...the Oilers blew the lead and they lost the game...they need to come into this game tonight the same way as last...some minor powerplay adjustments...need to start shooting more or start keeping the puck down low...the Canes pressure the points too much for us to diddle-dally with the puck (yeah Spacek Im talking about you)...Im for one am not worried...the first 2 periods in the first game were the BEST IMHO we have played this play-offs...the boys are ready....plus all the pressure is shifted to Carolina as everyone thinks its doomsday for the Oil....which makes me sick cause half these "experts" maybe watched 10 Oil games this year...they have no idea of the heart this team possesses....in all honesty the Oil are a much more physical/and slightly faster team than the Canes....we will get by this one...watch out tonight Ward you will be seeing a tonne of rubber tonight....Oil win 4-1 tonight....sorry for the rant but lets get the positivity rolling (not directed to people in this thread...just a general comment)...ALSO I would rather have an injured goalie than half my team dehabilited by the flu for the majority of the series....
    good stuff
    :)

So tonight is going to be intense................................................I mean
    INTENSE!!!!

The oilers are going to come out swinging.....and scoring. Ty is going to be outstanding for us.

Here we go OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    Here we go OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    Here we go OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    Here we go OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO**

Here we go OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    Here we go OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    Here we go OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO
    Here we go OILERS!!!!
    HERE WE GO**

ps.
    OILERS!
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    10 minutes to go, eh??
  • Options
    Ten minutes until game time...

GO OILERS GO!!! :D:D
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    We
    WILL
    win
    TONIGHT

:D:D:D:D

I predict Smitty playing awsome.
    Oh wait he always plays awsome.

GO OlLERS!!!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...