anybody want to join me on a great white dive?

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    so nypj1 will you get all the info for us interested in doing this ??..thanks
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    considering i get car sick, id probably take meclizine... what is the island like? do you see any other marine life on the trip or in the water? id probably never do it but it sounds really interesting.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    so nypj1 will you get all the info for us interested in doing this ??..thanks

like i said ,,its not for another 11 months,,next year iam gonna call the company and see if they will give me a whole week (obviously i have to guarantee them a certain amount of people)
    if they do thats great
    however,this company has become extra popular in recent years so it wouldnt surprise me if some weeks for next year are already booked
    that being said ,if they cant offer me the whole boat we could still possibly book a particular week with x amount of us plus other passengers
    either way all we would have to do is call the # and book ourselves for a particular week

this thread was just to see about potential interest in the trip and a few have shown interest so i will see about the boat in feb or april
    obviously i cannot guarantee anything
    xscorcho wrote:
    considering i get car sick, id probably take meclizine... what is the island like? do you see any other marine life on the trip or in the water? id probably never do it but it sounds really interesting.

the sharks are on the south side of the island lots of seals on the island

whats real cool is that where we anchor u can see the remains of a jail-cell and a church

someone with authority in the mexican gov had a wife that cheated on him and when they found the guy they banished him to this island
    it was him and 2 guards no one else,this was 150 years ago or so
    and like i said the remains of the house-cell where he was held and the make-shift church they made for him are still visible
    pretty wil;d shit
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    would you have a problem if i put some chum in my pocket before I went down?
    :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:

as long as ur not in my cage not at all

although they couldnt get to it anyhow
  • Lizard wrote:
    You're willing to put fish guts in your pocket??? :confused:
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    You're willing to put fish guts in your pocket??? :confused:

what???

if you can like Barry Manilow, I can do that!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    whoops

wrong thread.

sorry.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I have done the farallon island dive.

it was a great experience, but I still think that it could have been done a little more eco-minded.

hope you (all who go) have a great time, and learn about the great whites...they aren't vindictive killing machines...that is actually Steven Spielberg. :D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    next year either october or november iam looking to book the whole boat with just friends
    it leaves from san diego and 22 hours later u wind up off guadalupe island,,home to the largest concentration of great whites in the world
    crystal clear water beautiful weather and great whites for 7 days (2 days travel)
    cost is approx $1500-$2000

plenty of time to think about it ,,i assure u it will be one of the best experiences in ur life (p.s. beers and booze after diving each day,,not during the day) also 3 meals a day (prepared by a chef on board) included in the price as well as all the beer u want ,,booze must be brought aboard
    also great tuna fishing off the boat

thanx to even flow for reminding me of this earlier this morning

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :D:D

you know there are two things on my to do list for 2008.

one is to see a rangers game. diving with great whites is the other. :) however i'll be doing it off the coast of south australia. the adrenalin rushes through my body just thinking about it. i love sharks. they are just beautiful perfect creatures.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Lizard wrote:
    what???

if you can like Barry Manilow, I can do that!!! ;)
    Dont deflect this away from you and your smelly pockets.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

I have done the farallon island dive.

it was a great experience, but I still think that it could have been done a little more eco-minded.

hope you (all who go) have a great time, and learn about the great whites...they aren't vindictive killing machines...that is actually Steven Spielberg. :D

WHEN I WAS IN SAN FRAN for pj i took a whale whatching boat that was supposed to go to the farallon's but it was too rough to go the last 45 min to the island
    but thats another place i want to dive

on a side note a book called THE DEVILS TEETH by Susan Casey is all about the farallon's and the history behind it plus shark encounters AWESOME BOOK!!
    YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :D:D

one is to see a rangers game. diving with great whites is the other. :) however i'll be doing it off the coast of south australia. the adrenalin rushes through my body just thinking about it. i love sharks. they are just beautiful perfect creatures.

sweeeeeeeeeeet :):) i would love to do it there also

ya gotta do it !!!!!!!!!!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    WHEN I WAS IN SAN FRAN for pj i took a whale whatching boat that was supposed to go to the farallon's but it was too rough to go the last 45 min to the island
    but thats another place i want to dive

on a side note a book called THE DEVILS TEETH by Susan Casey is all about the farallon's and the history behind it plus shark encounters AWESOME BOOK!!

I was in Frisco (what can I say, I'm a SoCAL girl!) for pj too!

I hope you werent the douche that spilled beer on my flip flops!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    next year either october or november iam looking to book the whole boat with just friends
    it leaves from san diego and 22 hours later u wind up off guadalupe island,,home to the largest concentration of great whites in the world
    crystal clear water beautiful weather and great whites for 7 days (2 days travel)
    cost is approx $1500-$2000

plenty of time to think about it ,,i assure u it will be one of the best experiences in ur life (p.s. beers and booze after diving each day,,not during the day) also 3 meals a day (prepared by a chef on board) included in the price as well as all the beer u want ,,booze must be brought aboard
    also great tuna fishing off the boat

thanx to even flow for reminding me of this earlier this morning

:eek: :eek:

Whaaaa aaat??? Are you MENTAL????? :eek:

I can barely watch them on the tele they freak me out so much! Never mind actually knowingly getting in the water with them!!! Screw that!!!

But I admire you immensely for having a go at it. Do make sure and come back and tell us all about it so I can revel in the horror of your stupendous stupidity and bravery! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    sweeeeeeeeeeet :):) i would love to do it there also

ya gotta do it !!!!!!!!!!

i know i gotta. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Jeanie wrote:
    :eek: :eek :

Whaaaa aaat??? Are you MENTAL????? : eek:

I can barely watch them on the tele they freak me out so much! Never mind actually knowingly getting in the water with them!!! Screw that!!!

But I admire you immensely for having a go at it. Do make sure and come back and tell us all about it so I can revel in the horror of your stupendous stupidity and bravery! : )

oh jeanie what are you afraid of? you're in a cage. :D:p

and i figure if rodney fox can bring himself to reach out and pat a great white on the snout then i can surely lower myself into the water in a cage and watch them.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    i'd be in that water quicker than you could say Jaws: The Revenge.

such magnificent creatures.
    Nice shirt.
  • I'd love to go.....:)...remind me about this next summer...in june....
    oh jeanie what are you afraid of? you're in a cage. :D:p

and i figure if rodney fox can bring himself to reach out and pat a great white on the snout then i can surely lower myself into the water in a cage and watch them.

Nope!!! NO WAY!!! **shakes head violently**

There's not a cage strong enough that I'd feel safe in.

Those creatures are just so powerful, such an effective human killing machine that I know when I'm licked and I have no plans to invade their territory.

I'm happy enough to watch them and appreciate them from dry land. No need to be dangling meself around as fish food! ;)

But I really admire people that can and do go into their world. I'm just not one of them and I'll never be. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Nope!!! NO WAY!!! **shakes head violently**

There's not a cage strong enough that I'd feel safe in.

Those creatures are just so powerful, such an effective human killing machine that I know when I'm licked and I have no plans to invade their territory.

I'm happy enough to watch them and appreciate them from dry land. No need to be dangling meself around as fish food! ;)

But I really admire people that can and do go into their world. I'm just not one of them and I'll never be. :)

no no jeanie. dont look at them as effective human killing machines. they dont know youre human. youre in the water, so them it stands to reason you must be food. and they dont attack every time either.
    but youre right. i dont have to go into the water and i know i dont belong there. so i am most respectful of who's in charge of the oceans.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    no no jeanie. dont look at them as effective human killing machines. they dont know youre human. youre in the water, so them it stands to reason you must be food. and they dont attack every time either.
    but youre right. i dont have to go into the water and i know i dont belong there. so i am most respectful of who's in charge of the oceans.

But they are! I understand that it's all relative to their instinct and reality. I realize they aren't sitting there plotting my demise specifically but that's not gonna amount to a hill of beans to me if they decide today is the day to chomp on down on Jeanie. Right? :)
    If I don't want to be fish food I gotta make sure I don't go anywhere that I might be construed as fish food! :D

I mean I have no problem with going into the ocean. I know it's their territory but I figure if one gets me then it's not like I'm gonna see it coming or anything. And it's pretty rare statistically so as long as I'm swimming and surfing with the rest of the smorgasboard I figure I statistically improve my chances! :D

I'd have trouble swimming with whales and I can't tell you how nerve wracking it it was for me being in the water with dolphins either. I am the girl most likely to get bitten, so knowing this I figure why tempt fate? :)

Besides there are lots of really fabulous documentaries and opportunities to see them in environments that are safe for me. And besides, these guys are gonna go do it and I can live vicariously through their experience! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    oops. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Jeanie wrote:
    But they are! I understand that it's all relative to their instinct and reality. I realize they aren't sitting there plotting my demise specifically but that's not gonna amount to a hill of beans to me if they decide today is the day to chomp on down on Jeanie. Right? : )
    If I don't want to be fish food I gotta make sure I don't go anywhere that I might be construed as fish food! : D

I mean I have no problem with going into the ocean. I know it's their territory but I figure if one gets me then it's not like I'm gonna see it coming or anything. And it's pretty rare statistically so as long as I'm swimming and surfing with the rest of the smorgasboard I figure I statistically improve my chances! : D

I'd have trouble swimming with whales and I can't tell you how nerve wracking it it was for me being in the water with dolphins either. I am the girl most likely to get bitten, so knowing this I figure why tempt fate? : )

Besides there are lots of really fabulous documentaries and opportunities to see them in environments that are safe for me. And besides, these guys are gonna go do it and I can live vicariously through their experience! ; )

i remember when i was really young and we'd go into the surf. i'd always go out as far as my abilities enabled me to, which was fairly far. anyhoo my logic was that so long as i kept one person between me and the deep blue ocean, i'd be safe. as i got older, i learnt that sharks come closer into shore to feed, according to their territory. so that kinda blew my safety guidelines out of the water, so to speak. then i thought oh well who cares.

as for dolphins. no thanks i dont like them. always laughing and carrying on, leaping out of the water like they do. 'cept for orcas of course. those i love. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i remember when i was really young and we'd go into the surf. i'd always go out as far as my abilities enabled me to, which was fairly far. anyhoo my logic was that so long as i kept one person between me and the deep blue ocean, i'd be safe. as i got older, i learnt that sharks come closer into shore to feed, according to their territory. so that kinda blew my safety guidelines out of the water, so to speak. then i thought oh well who cares.

as for dolphins. no thanks i dont like them. always laughing and carrying on, leaping out of the water like they do. 'cept for orcas of course. those i love. :)

Oh I played that game too! :D But then I worked out that even if they come right in as long as they have LOTS of other choices with a bit of luck I won't be person de jour! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • it sounds like so much fun.. but can't next summer as I am buying an acreage and having a house built on it then. But next time you go for sure !!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    well we were there 4 days

so we made 5-6 dives per day = 20-24 dives
    \
    anyway the first 2 days everybody was ready for every dive

as the trip went on people started skipping a dive here and there

wheter they were fishing or sunning

point being the last 2 days me and my bro made quite a few dives by ourselves

but if people wanted to go then they maxed out at 4 per cage

i did make an early dive on my 2nd day b4 anybody else was up

i was up early fishing and i caught a big tuna and the mate was like
    u wanna eat it or use it ? im like huh ?
    so he was like get ur suit on and we'll tie this bad boy up and throw him overboard for breakfast lol that was awesome alone watching a big tuna get torn up
    holy fuck, that WOULD be cool :D . Well we were only 4 'clients' on the boat so we all got a go each for as long as we wanted and we could have all gone again and again... only we physically couldn't :D we were all pretty seasick... one of the lads threw up over the side :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :D:D

awwww Cate, that's excellent :) when ya gonna do it? It's gonna be one of the best things you've ever done.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I was in Frisco (what can I say, I'm a SoCAL girl!) for pj too!

I hope you werent the douche that spilled beer on my flip flops!

nope ,,i dont drink at pj shows ,, i have to piss too much