anybody want to join me on a great white dive?

Comments

• I'll bring the dynamite
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    I'll bring the dynamite

i dont know why u would want to blow us up, but ok
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    put ur foot down :)

i won't have to she is a total adventurer this will be easy, i've allways wanted to do that but with people from here it will be a blast ....i'm down ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    i dont know why u would want to blow us up, but ok
    I was just seeing what kind of reaction that would get. Honestly, as fascinated as I am with those creatures, I'm just gonna respect their place and mine. I think of it like this. If I get home, and there's a Great White sitting on my couch, reading my mail, I'm gonna be upset. I just stay off the Great White's couch.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    I was just seeing what kind of reaction that would get. Honestly, as fascinated as I am with those creatures, I'm just gonna respect their place and mine. I think of it like this. If I get home, and there's a Great White sitting on my couch, reading my mail, I'm gonna be upset. I just stay off the Great White's couch.

this is why i dont consider incidents "attacks"

and read my sig. its the truth
    once they're gone our air supply is gone and we is dead
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I love this sort of stuff, but it has been years since I have been diving. I have all of the equipment, but it is going on 20 years old now. I haven't had my regulator services, but I think I have kept my tank certification (or whatever it is) up to date.

HOWEVER, I could never do a long boat trip. I would be throwing up the entire time, or so drugged to keep from throwing up that it wouldn't be fun. I was on a dive trip off of the coast of Cozumel many years ago and got sick on the short boat trip there. I went down and got sicker and got even sicker as I was coming up. Then I threw up as I reached the surface. I threw up in the Caribbean - lucky there wasn't any sharks around. They probably would have liked it as well as chum!

I can see me barfing in the shark cage (and in my regulator since I would be under water). I guess the puke would be coming out the regulator and the sharks would be waiting patiently for their little snackie???

Hah - this really gross - sorry.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    I love this sort of stuff, but it has been years since I have been diving. I have all of the equipment, but it is going on 20 years old now. I haven't had my regulator services, but I think I have kept my tank certification (or whatever it is) up to date.

HOWEVER, I could never do a long boat trip. I would be throwing up the entire time, or so drugged to keep from throwing up that it wouldn't be fun. I was on a dive trip off of the coast of Cozumel many years ago and got sick on the short boat trip there. I went down and got sicker and got even sicker as I was coming up. Then I threw up as I reached the surface. I threw up in the Caribbean - lucky there wasn't any sharks around. They probably would have liked it as well as chum!

I can see me barfing in the shark cage (and in my regulator since I would be under water). I guess the puke would be coming out the regulator and the sharks would be waiting patiently for their little snackie???

Hah - this really gross - sorry.

wooo lol that could be a problem lol

another good thing with this trip is that u dont have to be certified because the air is left on board,,u do use a regulator but the air is on board
    plus ur only 10 ft down

that cozumel is a great place to dive,,sorry u threw up the whole time
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    another good thing with this trip is that u dont have to be certified because the air is left on board,,u do use a regulator but the air is on board plus ur only 10 ft down

I wondered about the certification. They get a lot more business if no certification required. I wonder how many people panic once they get in the cage and underwater. I'm sure some people are nervous about being underwater and using the regulator for the first time, plus a little claustrophobia being in the cage, and then with great whites swimming all around...... ha...... I wonder what happens if people panic. Is there a panic button?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • I wondered about the certification. They get a lot more business if no certification required. I wonder how many people panic once they get in the cage and underwater. I'm sure some people are nervous about being underwater and using the regulator for the first time, plus a little claustrophobia being in the cage, and then with great whites swimming all around...... ha...... I wonder what happens if people panic. Is there a panic button?
    :D Yep, the bottom of the cage slides open so you can just sink out :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    :D Yep, the bottom of the cage slides open so you can just sink out :)

Into the welcoming arms..... I mean mouth.... of JAWS.
    I wondered about the certification. They get a lot more business if no certification required. I wonder how many people panic once they get in the cage and underwater. I'm sure some people are nervous about being underwater and using the regulator for the first time, plus a little claustrophobia being in the cage, and then with great whites swimming all around...... ha...... I wonder what happens if people panic. Is there a panic button?

they almost had to pull me out on my first dive

talk about panic lol it took me 3 x to become comfy

i told them im not coming out i just drove 22 hours lol

needless to say by the 2nd day i was pulling the regulator out of my mouth underwater and goofing around because i had become so comfy w/ it
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    they almost had to pull me out on my first dive

talk about panic lol it took me 3 x to become comfy

i told them im not coming out i just drove 22 hours lol

needless to say by the 2nd day i was pulling the regulator out of my mouth underwater and goofing around because i had become so comfy w/ it
    :o yep, well my first (and only) dive was terrifying. Well I don't have a PADI cert so it was goggles only :D and they tell ya when the shark's coming and ya take a deep breath and go under. But it was GETTING into the cage (having to jump from the boat into the cage that's not much wider than the average person having seen all the sharks swimming around beforehand :eek: ) that scared the shit out of me... by the time I got out I was like complete jelly, cos every time the cage banged against the boat I'd think it was a shark coming :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :o yep, well my first (and only) dive was terrifying. Well I don't have a PADI cert so it was goggles only :D and they tell ya when the shark's coming and ya take a deep breath and go under. But it was GETTING into the cage (having to jump from the boat into the cage that's not much wider than the average person having seen all the sharks swimming around beforehand :eek: ) that scared the shit out of me... by the time I got out I was like complete jelly, cos every time the cage banged against the boat I'd think it was a shark coming :D

yea see the trip u did is way way different

the cage is alot smaller ,, u have to hold ur breath

ive seen the cages that u went down in ,, totally different

http://www.greatwhiteadventures.com
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Damn!!!

My hubby would LOVE this trip and my son too (both marine bio nuts/nerds!! :p)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    Damn!!!

My hubby would LOVE this trip and my son too (both marine bio nuts/nerds!! :p)

come one come all :)

kids are allowed ,i think 12-13 or older
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    yea see the trip u did is way way different

the cage is alot smaller ,, u have to hold ur breath

ive seen the cages that u went down in ,, totally different

http://www.greatwhiteadventures.com
    no, mine was even smaller... no way you'd fit two people in there... even midgets :o

I have a picture at home... must scan it in tomorrow if I remember
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    no, mine was even smaller... no way you'd fit two people in there... even midgets :o

I have a picture at home... must scan it in tomorrow if I remember

no the link is for the cages i went into ,,which are much bigger than what u dove in

these cages hold 4 people comfy
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    no the link is for the cages i went into ,,which are much bigger than what u dove in

these cages hold 4 people comfy
    Ah I get ya now... can ya still go in on yer own though or do you have to go with others? I'd hate if I was in with 4 people and 1 of them freaked out :eek: god knows what could happen
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Ah I get ya now... can ya still go in on yer own though or do you have to go with others? I'd hate if I was in with 4 people and 1 of them freaked out :eek: god knows what could happen

well we were there 4 days

so we made 5-6 dives per day = 20-24 dives
    \
    anyway the first 2 days everybody was ready for every dive

as the trip went on people started skipping a dive here and there

wheter they were fishing or sunning

point being the last 2 days me and my bro made quite a few dives by ourselves

but if people wanted to go then they maxed out at 4 per cage

i did make an early dive on my 2nd day b4 anybody else was up

i was up early fishing and i caught a big tuna and the mate was like
    u wanna eat it or use it ? im like huh ?
    so he was like get ur suit on and we'll tie this bad boy up and throw him overboard for breakfast lol that was awesome alone watching a big tuna get torn up
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    im going to guadalupe in three weeks.. only for a night though and then hitching a boat to another island.... no interest in shark diving though!... didnt even realize they were so popular there.
    xscorcho wrote:
    im going to guadalupe in three weeks.. only for a night though and then hitching a boat to another island.... no interest in shark diving though!... didnt even realize they were so popular there.

obviously ur staying on a boat , because only the mexican navy
    and a few fisherman are allowed on the island

well this is peak season so expect quite a few shark boats

and p.s. dont go jumping in the water :) enjoy
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    obviously ur staying on a boat , ,

well this is peak season so expect quite a few shark boats

and p.s. dont go jumping in the water :)

nah, i just fly into guadalupe and then take a boat to dominica the next day where im staying for a month...... not actually staying on the boat.

i hope the boat is big.. i dont like sharks!
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I'd like to dive with sharks at some point in my life, but it's not tops on my to do list. I'd rather skydive and try some other adventurous things first.

Anyhoo, saw this on live science and wanted to share.

http://www.livescience.com/animals/top10_deadliestanimals.html

#4 - Great White Shark
    Blood in the water can excite these sharks into a feeding frenzy, where they'll use all 3,000 of their teeth to bite anything that moves.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
    JD Sal wrote:
    I'd like to dive with sharks at some point in my life, but it's not tops on my to do list. I'd rather skydive and try some other adventurous things first.

Anyhoo, saw this on live science and wanted to share.

http://www.livescience.com/animals/top10_deadliestanimals.html

#4 - Great White Shark
    Blood in the water can excite these sharks into a feeding frenzy, where they'll use all 3,000 of their teeth to bite anything that moves.

i would like to skydive but im afraid of a heart-attack

and that live-science has no idea what they're talking about
    xscorcho wrote:
    nah, i just fly into guadalupe and then take a boat to dominica the next day where im staying for a month...... not actually staying on the boat.

i hope the boat is big.. i dont like sharks!

im not sure if we're talking about the same island?
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    im not sure if we're talking about the same island?

maybe not because san diego is on the other side of america.... i just dont know any other guadalupes so i assumed...
    xscorcho wrote:
    maybe not because san diego is on the other side of america.... i just dont know any other guadalupes so i assumed...
    i wikied it.... there is guadalupe (the one youre talking about) and guadeloupe (the one im talking about)
    xscorcho wrote:
    i wikied it.... there is guadalupe (the one youre talking about) and guadeloupe (the one im talking about)

once u said land on the island,,i was like wait a second lol

i drove 22 hours on a boat and ive could of flown?>? lol

yea the shark island is mostly mexican navy and no airports or anything

but ur island is nice also lol

anyway enjoy and feel free to jump in the water
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    once u said land on the island,,i was like wait a second lol

i drove 22 hours on a boat and ive could of flown?>? lol

yea the shark island is mostly mexican navy and no airports or anything

but ur island is nice also lol

anyway enjoy and feel free to jump in the water

22 hours? gross. is it a big boat? you get seasick??
    xscorcho wrote:
    22 hours? gross. is it a big boat? you get seasick??

22 hours there and 22 back :)

if u dont love these creatures this isnt for you

yes its a big boat i dont know exact size but big enough to hold 25 people or so plus all the equipments

2 showers 4 bathrooms 6 or 7 rooms to sleep in
    (which by the way is very small )

normally i dont get seasick but we do have to cross the pacific ocean so i suggest taking meds just in case
    also if ur prone to seasickness this trip isnt for you lol