Options

The reason why the Lebonese infrastructure gets attacked…

13»

Comments

• Options
    ruudruud Posts: 34
    hey there well thank you both ways and its a pleasure to write and let you all know the truth with an unbiased opinion which i hope to keep.
    im lucky because i ahve internet acess 24/7 at the moment but in the future i might not ba ble to stay safe in the areas that do have internet. i am not evacuating for a listful of reasons, and just like the rest of my people, its a financial problem which wotn get any better after all this. ill try and give you the some news but almost everything you hear is somewhat true, just the details and israel's excuse are whats not true. they are bombing every truck they see over here because its suspicious of carrying weapons...any resemblance to ...we believe they have weapons of mass destruction..somwhere we just dont know where..lets bomb everywhere and find out...

ill keep writing here even though im new its very easy to talk here and you made it this way. im one of the very few pearl jam fans over here and its been a great help listening to the music through this.
    will write again very shortly today...
    -ruud
    "If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." John Lennon

My god its been so long, never dreamed you'd return, but now here you are, and here i am.
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    …is because the government of Lebanon doesn't do anything to kick these terrorist scumbags out of their country. I hear people say that Hezbollah is too strong for them. Well…tough…if you don't like having terrorists operating in your borders, do something about it. Fight them. Lebanon has always harbored these terrorists thugs, and they always will. Beirut itself has always been a safe haven for terrorists and their ilk. Always.

Also, much like Afghanistan, their infrastructure is attacked because that's the infrastructure that Hezbollah uses to aide their attacks on Israel…much like the Taliban used the infrastructure of Kabul and other cities to wage their war of suppression and hate. If someone can show me a map of the country Hezbollah, I would really appreciate it. Until then it's not difficult, I would think, to understand why Israel is bombing parts of Lebanon.

hey mate i respect your opinion but are you in or from lebanon? if you are you can freely speak this way but if not there is much you have to know about these types of government and specially the lebanese. it is a weak government just being rebuilt after the assasinated our prime minister. it was SYRIAN RUN governemnt so do you see where the problem is...syria and iran are allies of hizballah so of course hizballah gvets to do what it wants if syria is still in control of the lebanese governemnt. right now this isnt changing and has not fulyl changed yet. the governemnt is still corrupted by filthy treacherous traitor scum politicans liek our president and many others still in power except our current prime minister 'Siniora"

so my point is how can the governemnt intervene when the governemnt supports the terrorist group. and how possibly could the lebanese goverment on its good side move into the south and disarm hizballah when they are stronger than all the lebanese mililtary put together.
    solution possiblitly: outside interference un or other nations, and the dis involvelment of israel because theyre are recklessly bomibng everywhere and talkign to many citizen casuatlies with them. do they even know that they are hitting hizballah, the anser is no. beirut has been a haven for terrorist but what can our little gov. do?? someone needs to help us. this was long coming.
    think again man.
    "If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." John Lennon

My god its been so long, never dreamed you'd return, but now here you are, and here i am.
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    ruud wrote:
    hey mate i respect your opinion but are you in or from lebanon? if you are you can freely speak this way but if not there is much you have to know about these types of government and specially the lebanese. it is a weak government just being rebuilt after the assasinated our prime minister. it was SYRIAN RUN governemnt so do you see where the problem is...syria and iran are allies of hizballah so of course hizballah gvets to do what it wants if syria is still in control of the lebanese governemnt. right now this isnt changing and has not fulyl changed yet. the governemnt is still corrupted by filthy treacherous traitor scum politicans liek our president and many others still in power except our current prime minister 'Siniora"

so my point is how can the governemnt intervene when the governemnt supports the terrorist group. and how possibly could the lebanese goverment on its good side move into the south and disarm hizballah when they are stronger than all the lebanese mililtary put together.
    solution possiblitly: outside interference un or other nations, and the dis involvelment of israel because theyre are recklessly bomibng everywhere and talkign to many citizen casuatlies with them. do they even know that they are hitting hizballah, the anser is no. beirut has been a haven for terrorist but what can our little gov. do?? someone needs to help us. this was long coming.
    think again man.

thank you thank you thank you thank you... I wish Canada would help you, i do not support our govt. stand and a majority of people around here would like Lebanon to get international help, i don't understand why it doesn't happen.

I have someone here, who'd like to know how it is in Tripoli right now (mostly in the port area), if you can give infos that would be appreciated, if not just be safe...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ruud wrote:
    hey there well thank you both ways and its a pleasure to write and let you all know the truth with an unbiased opinion which i hope to keep.
    im lucky because i ahve internet acess 24/7 at the moment but in the future i might not ba ble to stay safe in the areas that do have internet. i am not evacuating for a listful of reasons, and just like the rest of my people, its a financial problem which wotn get any better after all this. ill try and give you the some news but almost everything you hear is somewhat true, just the details and israel's excuse are whats not true. they are bombing every truck they see over here because its suspicious of carrying weapons...any resemblance to ...we believe they have weapons of mass destruction..somwhere we just dont know where..lets bomb everywhere and find out...

ill keep writing here even though im new its very easy to talk here and you made it this way. im one of the very few pearl jam fans over here and its been a great help listening to the music through this.
    will write again very shortly today...
    -ruud

Glad to have you Ruud, we hope you stay safe and that this violence subsides quickly.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    ruud wrote:

think again man.

Thank you for joining us Ruud, I've spoken with a few other Lebonese that feel exactly the same way you do. As I understand it there is some public support for Hizbollah, because they fight against Israeli occupation in the south. Is it still true that Israel occupies parts of Lebanon and Syria? Also I was curious after looking at a map why Tripoli was attacked, is there any connections to Hizbollah in that region?

Stay safe Ruud and keep in touch.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    ruud wrote:
    think again man.

I hope Israel can be reigned in and peacekeepers sent in. The only thing standing in the way of that happening is the Bush Administration.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Ahnimus wrote:
    If that's true, then why do we still have Hell's Angels, Banditos, Mafia, Drug Dealers and various radical groups like ALF?

If it's that easy for a government to get rid of groups like Hezbollah, then we should start looking in the mirror.

Big difference between those groups and Hezbollah is that they are not firing missiles at Canada or Mexico, and the police make concerted effiort to break up their criminal activity and bt=ring then to justice.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    your more than welcome and like i said before im really glad that i have somewhere to write to where people appreciate what they hear.

To answer one question i heard, in tripoli, and all places in the north, i beleive there have been many bombign so far, mostly ports to "cut out weapons transfers" and among other reasons israel just want t areason to bomb lebanon and justify it by saying they thought they saw an ammunitions truck. Most bombing in the north have been places where israel beleives hizballah has strongholds, weapons and fuel supplies and they are hitting it without thinking twice. Most of the time it checks out, because there are many hizballah loactions and specially in Baalbak.that is mostly a shiite muslim area which is hizballah's people and it is true they most probably have people and a target to be hit at there. So the common feeling here is that when you hear the north or parts to the near north where its almost completlly a christian area getting bombed, you fear the worst that izrael has madea msitake. but like i said most of the time ths tory check otu as they had seen a truck or a port, or a location that they believe hizballah is hiding out. but sorry for the lack of detail i will definetly get back to you on exactly what is known about tripoli so far. right now its just bombsd over bombs in the south and the south and i know for a fact israeli foot soldiers have entered the south in small units. but everyoens feear is that when this happens it will take us another 20 30 years just like it did us the first time to leave lebanon. they will give us the iraqi-american excuse, we cant leave until they have democracy or in our case..we can leave until we have relieved them or all their militias since the governemnt cant do it..and this will leave the israelis in lebanon once again for an indefinte period. In lebanon we get rid of israel then the syrians come in. then we get rid of syrians and the israelis are back. we need better and stronger interference from outside to help us out in the long run.
    And you spoke of the bush adminsitration, its true at some point it all goes back to them but right now i feel that israel are way off with this on their own and that america has failed to get a hold of them on it. i feel, that soon bush will have to interfere, maybe a week or so and say come on what have you done but trash the country..if he doesnt then there must be an upset with outside nations. ...And what has the UN done so far? send a letter to israel...ouu...Israel has targets, to show they arent scared, and to show they dont need the americans to have a strong government.

• Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Thank you for joining us Ruud, I've spoken with a few other Lebonese that feel exactly the same way you do. As I understand it there is some public support for Hizbollah, because they fight against Israeli occupation in the south. Is it still true that Israel occupies parts of Lebanon and Syria? Also I was curious after looking at a map why Tripoli was attacked, is there any connections to Hizbollah in that region?

Stay safe Ruud and keep in touch.

hey,
    like i said before ill get the exact information from what everyone knows for sur eso i wont spill any wrong information and i know you al want to know.
    talk to you soon, thanks for your unyielding support.

• Options
    ruud wrote:
    hey,
    like i said before ill get the exact information from what everyone knows for sur eso i wont spill any wrong information and i know you al want to know.
    talk to you soon, thanks for your unyielding support.

thanks for the info on Tripoli... the woman i was talking to, have kids in that area (17-19), but they finally been able to leave from the northern border to Syria, heading to Turkey, the canadian embassy and evacuation plan was just too slow and disorganized, they left on their own. As i said in another thread, it seem to be so confusing out there right now. Be safe and i hope for some help for you soon...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    beemster wrote:
    Big difference between those groups and Hezbollah is that they are not firing missiles at Canada or Mexico, and the police make concerted effiort to break up their criminal activity and bt=ring then to justice.

WHAT....they only started firing missles when Israel attacked...I wanted to talk about this today and I am going to now...I seen a democrat yesterday on TV saying before any talks of a ceasefire can exist, rocket fire from Lebanon must stop...okay I am all against both sides fighting...but this makes absolutly no sense....where is the call for Israel to stop firing...makes no sense....
  • Options
    yes what youre saying is true as well but i still dotn consider hizballah fighting on my part. i hate them and dispise their separation from government however patriotic theyre being. they have single handedly ruined our country without getting anything in return. and yet people still support them beacuse one in a while the leader coems on t.v an dmotivates them speaking about religion and a promised land that they will enver get while theyr ebusy being bombed 24/7 and every now and then bombing other parts of lebanon who have nothing to do with it ...ex airport our formerly lovely airport. so wher ei ask is the promise nasrallah head of hizballah made to all th epeople what have we gotten in return, not a single arab has returned safely as part of their exchange. it is embarassing for all arab nations yet they contnuue to support hizballah as if just because they have weapons they could actually harm hizballah. all we've gotten in return is more bodies. but still it doesnt matter hizballah has alway had weapons and havign weapons mean you will fire them when the time comes. there is a huge difference between gangs and terrorists, even thought to eb hoenst more can be done to stop gangs, they are two completlyl different thigns. beacue gangs do not threaten a country and close down airports. closest thign to that would be drug addicted kids and bomb checks at the airport, as bad as that may seem they do not compare.
    in tripoli not much has happened although im glad to hear they got out safely. the road through syria has been alot easier but longer. today and y esterday they started evacuating canadians although some still wait for the candians to give a call and theye taking so long to take lebanese -canadians out. this sucks. i want my country back, starting with me moving back to my house and seeing my friends and moving from there.

• Options
    ruud wrote:
    yes what youre saying is true as well but i still dotn consider hizballah fighting on my part. i hate them and dispise their separation from government however patriotic theyre being. they have single handedly ruined our country without getting anything in return. and yet people still support them beacuse one in a while the leader coems on t.v an dmotivates them speaking about religion and a promised land that they will enver get while theyr ebusy being bombed 24/7 and every now and then bombing other parts of lebanon who have nothing to do with it ...ex airport our formerly lovely airport. so wher ei ask is the promise nasrallah head of hizballah made to all th epeople what have we gotten in return, not a single arab has returned safely as part of their exchange. it is embarassing for all arab nations yet they contnuue to support hizballah as if just because they have weapons they could actually harm hizballah. all we've gotten in return is more bodies. but still it doesnt matter hizballah has alway had weapons and havign weapons mean you will fire them when the time comes. there is a huge difference between gangs and terrorists, even thought to eb hoenst more can be done to stop gangs, they are two completlyl different thigns. beacue gangs do not threaten a country and close down airports. closest thign to that would be drug addicted kids and bomb checks at the airport, as bad as that may seem they do not compare.
    in tripoli not much has happened although im glad to hear they got out safely. the road through syria has been alot easier but longer. today and y esterday they started evacuating canadians although some still wait for the candians to give a call and theye taking so long to take lebanese -canadians out. this sucks. i want my country back, starting with me moving back to my house and seeing my friends and moving from there.

Once again a great post.

The two kids i still don't know if they made it, but they're two grown up and healthy teen and they know the region, so the mom was not that worried when she learned they were out of Lebanon, although they still have family there and are worried for them. Sad sad. Still wishing for the Canadian govt. to support Lebanon, be safe...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    ruud wrote:

Thanks for the post.

My point about the gangs was just that. It should be easier to control a gang, over something like Hezbollah. A super-power like the USA cannot control small gangs within it's borders. However they expect a developing government like the Lebonese to disarm a militant group like Hezbollah. They are two completely different things, I agree.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Do you actually think the lebonese government sits on their hands in regards to Hezbollah?

What I am saying is that they don't. Hezbollah receive funding from Syria and Iran and have a fairly large personnel base. If a super-power like the United States can't take down the Animal Liberation Front and stop those acts of terrorism. How can a government like the Lebonese be expected to take down an organization like Hezbollah?

It's quite clear by day six now, that Israel can't take them down either. Not without destroying most of Lebanon and killing 100,000s of civilians. In the end it will only strengthen their animosity towards Israel.

So, Iran IS involved with Hezbollah? Or isnt? Just for clarification.

And as for the 100,000's of civilians, let them know. If you live in the vicinity of any active Hezbollah, get out while the gettings good. If you chose to stay, you may be choosing to die.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387

And as for the 100,000's of civilians, let them know. If you live in the vicinity of any active Hezbollah, get out while the gettings good. If you chose to stay, you may be choosing to die.

Who has the proof that Iran or Syria is controlling Hezbollah?

Is this one of those "Iraq has Weapons of Mass Destruction," moments?

Can you point me to official evidence, and not hear say, nor political conjecture, with regards to the 'reaching hand of Iran'?
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    danmac wrote:

Can you point me to official evidence, and not hear say, nor political conjecture, with regards to the 'reaching hand of Iran'?

Ask Ahnimus. He said it. Read slowly danmac.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Ask Ahnimus. He said it. Read slowly danmac.

No, i'm asking you.

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    danmac wrote:
    No, i'm asking you.

I dont have any proof personally that they are giving money, any more than you could prove they dont. Time will tell, dannyboy, time will tell.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    I dont have any proof personally that they are giving money, any more than you could prove they dont. Time will tell, dannyboy, time will tell.

Right. So, for instance, you are arrested for a murder you didnt commit. The police put the onus on you to prove you did not do it. Does that sound reasonable?

Tel me son, how does one prove that something did not happen, exactly?

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    danmac wrote:
    Right. So, for instance, you are arrested for a murder you didnt commit. The police put the onus on you to prove you did not do it. Does that sound reasonable?

Tel me son, how does one prove that something did not happen, exactly?

Im not your son, if I was, fratricide followed by suicide would be my only option.

I guess if one exausted all efforts to prove something DID happen, and couldnt, that would prove something didnt happen. There ya go, dannyboy.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options

This belief is based on a couple of things. First of all, they have to be getting funding from somewhere. They can't be acting autonomously without having some rich people. But perhaps they do.

Also the Lebonese people I have spoken with have claimed that Hezbollah receives funding from Syria and Iran. I can see why they would fun Hezbollah, I can also see that this might be propaganda. But while we are dealing with unprovable facts for the most part, I am leaning towards the claim that they are being funded by Syria and/or Iran.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    This belief is based on a couple of things. First of all, they have to be getting funding from somewhere. They can't be acting autonomously without having some rich people. But perhaps they do.

Also the Lebonese people I have spoken with have claimed that Hezbollah receives funding from Syria and Iran. I can see why they would fun Hezbollah, I can also see that this might be propaganda. But while we are dealing with unprovable facts for the most part, I am leaning towards the claim that they are being funded by Syria and/or Iran.

Dannyboy? Im sure your expertise are required to shoot that down. Right?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    danmac wrote:

It seems that Syria aren't controlling Hizbollah but that they do have the power/authority to reign them in. Just as the U.S could reign in Israel if it had the inclination to do so.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It seems that Syria aren't controlling Hizbollah but that they do have the power/authority to reign them in. Just as the U.S could reign in Israel if it had the inclination to do so.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :)

mmm smoking crap.

There is as much speculation in Byrnzie's statement as there is mine and though he didn't mention funding, there isn't much difference between the two. What would give Syria the ability to "reign" in Hezbollah? Money, it's what makes the world spin.
  • Options
    hello
    well i think with even the least politcal interest i still know alot more than all of you here no offense. ive grown up from a family who has lived in lebanon through the previous wars and ages before that.
    Yes the answer is obvious, hizballah is supported by iran and syria and dotn ask me how we know, its known, its like how everyone knows america isnt in iraq for the weapons of mass destruction, we cant prove it with evidence but wel all know. same with this except every now and then and in the past few days, the iranians have come on t.v and spoken how they support hizballah and there have been many claims all their weapons are coming from there. as for syria its always been the syrians contolling our government, did everyone forget how all the blame was on them when our former prime minster Hariri was assasinated?? well all investigations led to syria because he would not except to be part of their regime, excuse him for wanting to control his country independently. syria has always been behind them but the biggest part is how hizballah always supported syria why? well beacuse they control them and they give them weapons adn money..and its so clear and you can see it in most shiite hizballah supporters how even when their country is being torn by assinations from the syrias, they still support syria jsut ebcause their leader nasrallah tells them theyre helping more than you think. how low is that? how out of it are these people, its that common arab cliche that foreigners get from these people because they are too stubborn and closeminded to see the truth. they all think they can fight the war everyone and they dont have anything for it.

i dont know how much more specific evidence i could give you but if you trust anything i say than youll trust me in saying there is more than enough evidence throughtout the years that shows iran and syria and hizballah in connection.