Options

Is this what Christians really think?

RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
This was posted by someone on here that hail hails from the heartland (Kansas City). Is this really what most Christians think?

Radical Islam has driven away the truth of Jesus Christ and the Bible from these people, and instead replaced it with a satanically inspired fanaticism that has led these people in the wrong direction, both morally and spiritually. That's why they will never find peace, financial prosperity, or food or shelter that is adequate. Satan's ulitmate goal is the destruction of Israel, to prevent the coming of Christ, and he uses these radical Islamists through his guile and influence to do his bidding. And yes, I just said that…and I really believe it and mean it. All you have to do is look at the nations who believe in God and the Bible, and then compare them to the nations who follow these ideals of Islam, and then compare the two to see who God has allowed to prosper, and who he has allowed to suffer via their faith.
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    Radical Islam has driven away the truth of Jesus Christ and the Bible from these people, and instead replaced it with a satanically inspired fanaticism that has led these people in the wrong direction, both morally and spiritually. That's why they will never find peace, financial prosperity, or food or shelter that is adequate. Satan's ulitmate goal is the destruction of Israel, to prevent the coming of Christ, and he uses these radical Islamists through his guile and influence to do his bidding. And yes, I just said that…and I really believe it and mean it. All you have to do is look at the nations who believe in God and the Bible, and then compare them to the nations who follow these ideals of Islam, and then compare the two to see who God has allowed to prosper, and who he has allowed to suffer via their faith.

This was posted by someone on here that hails from the heartland (Kansas City). Is this really what most Christians think?

I'm a catholic raise and think this is pure fucking hilarious bullshit propaganda, once again... this is racism, blending extremist into the mix of every followers of the Islam community, is discrimination toward a race, therefore racism. If that post was made on this board he must be banned...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    Rushlimbo wrote:

This was posted by someone on here that hails from the heartland (Kansas City). Is this really what most Christians think?

I don't know what Christians think. I do know that such a view is not what Christianity is about. Such a view is about human flaw and justifying one's own inner lack of Love and Peace.

The sign of a polarised or unbalanced human is that they believe one side is "right" and another side "wrong". And they force the world to fit this view. On the other hand, humans who are realistic see that each individual does good things at times, and also does bad things at times. It's the nature of being human. We don't have good without bad. We have both, and the will to choose.

The demonising of any peoples is about the inner demon of the person doing the demonising.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Who ever posted it is also human. So shouldn't you be more accurately asking "Is this what humans really think?"

A single person's viewpoint never expresses for all members of a group.

I can't fathom how you could think that a poster on this board speaks for anyone other than him or herself.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    surferdude wrote:
    Who ever posted it is also human. So shouldn't you be more accurately asking "Is this what humans really think?"

I can't fathom how you could think that a poster on this board speaks for anyone other than him or herself.

No, not humans, he specifically mentions Christianity. As for your other two statements, that is why I posed the question, "Is this what Christians really think?" Of course you answered neither. Good job.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    surferdude wrote:

what's the difference exactly? The point he made is just disgusting and if the thread starter question would be what is humans viewpoint, the answer would be the same.

Here i quote: "All you have to do is look at the nations who believe in God and the Bible, and then compare them to the nations who follow these ideals of Islam, and then compare the two to see who God has allowed to prosper and who he has allowed to suffer via their faith."

It means that Islam dominant country are all not allowed to prosper, implying that they have not prosper or seen prosperity at any time in their history. Which is COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Linking this "fact" (which is indeed a lie or a dishonnest error) to the will of God?? That can still be consider as an opinion, if only the facts were true.

Saying that islam are not as develop as christian? For me is just racism. Same as saying blacks are not as intelligents as white, pure fucking racism.

Saying that muslim has been allowed to suffer VIA their faith? Is just another lie, the people are just the victim of violents leaders and cross wars between those religious leaders, they do not suffer cause of their faith, but cause of some peoples greed and "agendas".
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Nope.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    I never realized that financial prosperity goes hand-in-hand with being a Christian.....I thought to give was a Christian ideal???

Anyway I believe this would represent a minority of people once again trying to thwart the word of the Bible to represent there bigot laden campaign against Muslims...just the same as minorty of Muslims doing the same to the Koran...

Edit: To the poster I like the "clues" about who posted that
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    This was posted by someone on here that hail hails from the heartland (Kansas City). Is this really what most Christians think?

A fellow I work with believes this to be true. I've done some reading of the Qu'ran, the Talmud and the New Testament, all of which are based around the Torah or the Old Testament. What is actually written in the Bible about the end-times and Israel is that the Jews shall return to Israël after the world has trampled all over it (Ottoman, British, Arab, etc..) they will declare it for themselves and against all odds will defeat their opposition. In time, all the nations of the world will rise up against Israel and crush it. Christ will be reborn and the Gentiles will be brought into perfection and will endure 1000 years of total peace.

I'm not a religious person. However many of the prophecies do correlate with recent events, and I find it interesting to read.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    Err, I don't think so, not being a Christian an' all, but either way, the original poster of that statement has some serious mental problems. Is there anyway to alert the authorities of his home town as to the unsuitability of having them remain at large?

I hope Satan doesn't live near him. He wouldn't have cat in hell's chance of slipping anything past that smart cookie....
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    Different people believe different things. I don't agree with the poster from Kansas City who said this, but what he says about Islam being an insturment of Satan is a somewhat correct statement. To put it more clearly, it's something along the lines of that Satan and God can influence various individuals to various ends. Christians believe that God instilled humans with free will and also with a purpose(which may seem contradictoy, but there's volumes of theology written on that) which may or may not be 'good' or 'evil'. So I don't have any problem with him saying that radical Muslims might be carrying out the will of Satan or whatever, I do have a problem with him saying that all individuals within Muslim nations are evil, etc. Because that's blatantly wrong politically, morally, historically, and theologically.
    "It is not the duty of the court to question the wisdom, or lack thereof, used by the Legislature in enacting laws of this state."
    --Alabama Supreme Court, Ex Parte T.D.T.
  • Options
    Islam being an insturment of Satan is a somewhat correct statement.

How so, young sir? Upon what do you base that statement?

Oh and welcome to the Moving Train...

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Different people believe different things. I don't agree with the poster from Kansas City who said this, but what he says about Islam being an insturment of Satan is a somewhat correct statement. To put it more clearly, it's something along the lines of that Satan and God can influence various individuals to various ends. Christians believe that God instilled humans with free will and also with a purpose(which may seem contradictoy, but there's volumes of theology written on that) which may or may not be 'good' or 'evil'. So I don't have any problem with him saying that radical Muslims might be carrying out the will of Satan or whatever, I do have a problem with him saying that all individuals within Muslim nations are evil, etc. Because that's blatantly wrong politically, morally, historically, and theologically.

As long as you apply that to extremist Chistians....and not just to radical Muslims...anyhow I still think it is a bigot statement in the first place...also I think the original thought was directed at the whole of Islam....
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Rushlimbo wrote:

i do not think like this at all
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321
    Most of the people (not me) from the Rio Grande to Tierra de fuego are Catholic/Christian. Why haven't we prospered? It must be because Satan is in the Tequila and drives the people to carry his will by infiltrating into the US to multiply and drive the holy and blessed ones out.
    That Satan is one smart guy.
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Im mixing up threads I think.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    I think the point isnt whether a muslim can be a good american. Its whether a "good" muslim can. Kinda like catholicism. You can be a good catholic, or a non practising catholic. If you use birthcontrol, or are an adulterer, it means your not exactly a good catholic. But there aren't any "rules" for Catholics that would prevent someone from being a good american.

Many of the quotes and theological "rules" listed ARE the "ideal" for Islam. Many of which are contradictory to being an American. Thats what that email is trying to say, as I read it.

Where in the Qu'ran does it state anything anti-american, that cannot also be found in the bible, like the ten commandments for instance? What about, as an example off the top of my head from catholic school, didnt Jesus personally attack the money lenders, something which is against Sharia law, but is prevalent in the life of almost every American?

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    As long as you apply that to extremist Chistians....and not just to radical Muslims...anyhow I still think it is a bigot statement in the first place...also I think the original thought was directed at the whole of Islam....

Well, I think modern christians are hipocrites no different than the way christ spoke of the pharisees. A good majority of the ten commandments are ignored and twisted by the church. I mentioned some of the contents of the bible to my christian friend and he denied that it was written.. however it is in there, saying to stone women and children, saying that men are better than women, homosexuality is bad, etc... people see what they want to see. When they look at the Qu'ran they see all the bad parts, but all-in-all it's just as loving and corrupt as the Bible or the Talmud. I mentioned some of the negative parts of the Qu'ran to my Muslim friend and he denied that it was written. So you see, your average person only sees the good things in these ancient texts and ignores the bad things. Some people see the bad things and act them out as god's will. This is especially true during crisis, people tend to turn to god for answers. A lot of the people in Lebanon are christians aswell, and when you look at the revelations it says basically the same things, that Israel will be defeated by way of violence. It could just as easily be radical christians launching rockets at Israel.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    danmac wrote:
    Where in the Qu'ran does it state anything anti-american, that cannot also be found in the bible, like the ten commandments for instance? What about, as an example off the top of my head from catholic school, didnt Jesus personally attack the money lenders, something which is against Sharia law, but is prevalent in the life of almost every American?

I dont really care about the Koran enough to argue with you about it. Im neither Christian nor a muslim. Relax.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    danmac wrote:

Yea, actually Usury, the act of lending money for a profit (interest) originated from jewish communities and was outlawed in most countries. In the Qu'ran it says that people should not commit usury, in Sharia law they cannot accept interest unless the interest payment is donated to a charitable cause. In Judaism usury is acceptable, so long as the person paying the interest is not a jew. Also if you look at the United States list of terrorist organizations, all the major Islamic banks are there.
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It could just as easily be radical christians launching rockets at Israel.
    It could but it isn't. It could also be Marvin the Martian launching the rockets but it isn't.
    I think the mistake is trying to tie the activity (launching rockets) to a religion rather than to fucked up people.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    I dont really care about the Koran enough to argue with you about it. Im neither Christian nor a muslim. Relax.

So why make wide sweeping statements that indicate you seem to think you know and care enough about the Qu'ran?

And do you think that by spelling Qu'ran in the anglicised version, in large type and bold, a fitting, non inflammatory thing to do? Is it mature?

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    It could but it isn't. It could also be Marvin the Martian launching the rockets but it isn't.
    I think the mistake is trying to tie the activity (launching rockets) to a religion rather than to fucked up people.

Well that's my point. It's crisis that causes people to seek answers from god and in doing so what they find is violence. That is true in all ancient texts.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    I think the point isnt whether a muslim can be a good american. Its whether a "good" muslim can. Kinda like catholicism. You can be a good catholic, or a non practising catholic. If you use birthcontrol, or are an adulterer, it means your not exactly a good catholic. But there aren't any "rules" for Catholics that would prevent someone from being a good american.

Many of the quotes and theological "rules" listed ARE the "ideal" for Islam. Many of which are contradictory to being an American. Thats what that email is trying to say, as I read it.

So they left their opressed war torn countries and came to America not out of survival, but to be better terrorists?

Dude how much are you getting paid to spout this hate mongering crap on the internet?
  • Options
    danmac wrote:
    So why make wide sweeping statements that indicate you seem to think you know and care enough about the Qu'ran?

And do you think that by spelling Qu'ran in the anglicised version, in large type and bold, a fitting, non inflammatory thing to do? Is it mature?

I also dont care enough about you and your mouth to further engage you in discussion. I didnt make any "wide sweeping statements". Someone else did. I am giving my two cents on what that person said. Quit sweating me, you're really not my type. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    So they left their opressed war torn countries and came to America to be better terrorists?

Dude how much are you getting paid to spout this hate mongering crap on the internet?

Well, the republicans pay me alot more than the left pays you to spout yours, thats for sure. Sorry bud. Dont playa hate. :)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    So they left their opressed war torn countries and came to America to be better terrorists?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Then I found the answer.

Histrionic personality disorder, often abbreviated as HPD, is a type of personality disorder in which the affected individual displays an enduring pattern of attention-seeking and excessively dramatic behaviors beginning in early adulthood and present across a broad range of situations. Individuals with HPD are highly emotional, charming, energetic, manipulative, seductive, impulsive, erratic, and demanding.

Mental health professionals use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders(the DSM) to diagnose mental disorders. The 2000 edition of this manual (the fourth edition text revision, also called the DSM-IV-TR) classifies HPD as a personality disorder. More specifically, HPD is classified as a Cluster B (dramatic, emotional, or erratic) personality disorder. The personality disorders which comprise Cluster B include histrionic, antisocial, borderline, and narcissistic.

Description
    HPD has a unique position among the personality disorders in that it is the only personality disorder explicitly connected to a patient's physical appearance. Researchers have found that HPD appears primarily in men and women with above-average physical appearances. Some research has suggested that the connection between HPD and physical appearance holds for women rather than for men. Both women and men with HPD express a strong need to be the center of attention. Individuals with HPD exaggerate, throw temper tantrums, and cry if they are not the center of attention. Patients with HPD are naive, gullible, have a low frustration threshold, and strong dependency needs.

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Well, the republicans pay me alot more than the left pays you to spout yours, thats for sure. Sorry bud. Dont playa hate. :)

I'm not the one preaching hate to the masses playa...
  • Options
    I'm not the one preaching hate to the masses playa...

yes you are, just a different brand. You're coke, Im pepsi. Dont think otherwise.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    danmac wrote:
    Yeah, I was wondering that too. Then I found the answer.

Histrionic personality disorder, often abbreviated as HPD, is a type of personality disorder in which the affected individual displays an enduring pattern of attention-seeking and excessively dramatic behaviors beginning in early adulthood and present across a broad range of situations. Individuals with HPD are highly emotional, charming, energetic, manipulative, seductive, impulsive, erratic, and demanding.

Mental health professionals use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders(the DSM) to diagnose mental disorders. The 2000 edition of this manual (the fourth edition text revision, also called the DSM-IV-TR) classifies HPD as a personality disorder. More specifically, HPD is classified as a Cluster B (dramatic, emotional, or erratic) personality disorder. The personality disorders which comprise Cluster B include histrionic, antisocial, borderline, and narcissistic.

Description
    HPD has a unique position among the personality disorders in that it is the only personality disorder explicitly connected to a patient's physical appearance. Researchers have found that HPD appears primarily in men and women with above-average physical appearances. Some research has suggested that the connection between HPD and physical appearance holds for women rather than for men. Both women and men with HPD express a strong need to be the center of attention. Individuals with HPD exaggerate, throw temper tantrums, and cry if they are not the center of attention. Patients with HPD are naive, gullible, have a low frustration threshold, and strong dependency needs.

How'd you know I have "above average physical appearance"? I told you, im not your type dannyboy.

And im sure some would say your radical, over the top rantings are just a cry for attention too. ;) Its okay tho.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    How'd you know I have "above average physical appearance"? I told you, im not your type dannyboy.

And im sure some would say your radical, over the top rantings are just a cry for attention too. ;) Its okay tho.

Yes they are.

A cry for the oppressed, murdered, and attacked peoples of the world.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Viva Zapatista!